ost file #2

My Exchange account was deleted from my Outlook today.
All of my data is in the .ost file.  Is there any way to
recover the data into a .pst file?  I am having trouble
reinstalling the Exchange account.  Any suggestions would
be appreciated.  Thanks.
0
anonymous (74719)

assuming that the ost is still attached to your profile, just start the
computer with no network connection.  Logon to your windows box like normal
and then start Outlook.  Go into offline mode and export to a pst.

if the ost is no longer associated to a profile, copy it off somewhere for
safe keeping and then try the following.  create a new mail profile with an
offline folder.  start outlook and get one good sync with the exchange
server.  shutdown outlook and break your network connection.  replace the
new ost with the old and then start outlook in offline mode.  export
contents.  close outlook and swap the ost back.

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

"Bruce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Exchange account was deleted from my Outlook today.
> All of my data is in the .ost file.  Is there any way to
> recover the data into a .pst file?  I am having trouble
> reinstalling the Exchange account.  Any suggestions would
> be appreciated.  Thanks.

Macro for checkbox (2) #2
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...

Opening Files...
Hi, I'm getting the "Publisher cannot open file from a different version" message when using Publisher 2000. I thought all the files were originally created in Pub 2000 but I guess I was wrong. I've tried installing a copy of Publisher 97 but the same message appears. Is there anyway I can tell from the .pub file what version it was created in?? I also seen this problem reported with Norton Anti Virus, though I have Norton Anti Virus Corporate edition 7.6, which doesn't seem to be affected with this issue. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Rick Your virus pr...

Remove music files from disk, but want to remain in library & devi
Running WMP11 on an XP box with small hard drive. Got a Sony Walkman - been ripping in lossless format and downloading same to device. I want to remove the rather big set of WMA files (from my box) after loading to Walkman to conserve disk space. But, I want to keep albums visible in WMP library and not have songs removed from the Walkman. Don't want to invest in bigger, or external, hard drive as I'm getting a new PC soon. How do I "fool", or configure, WMP so it doesn't remove corresponding files from my walkman after I delete same on hard drive (whic...

message
I cannot now open an EXCEL file I created some while ago. Instead I get a message saying file format is invalid. File name is less than 219 characters. I can see what is in the file using Quick View. How can I restore access to file using EXCEL? Maybe try Inserting it into a blank Excel sheet.........or try opening it in Excel XP, or even MS Word........ Does it for sure have an .xls extention......maybe someone opened it in another program and saved it as some thing else...... hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "robert potts" <annebob@sr82nf.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in me...

Format of pst and ost
Hi experts Where can i found the information about Outlook's pst and ost file. Like its format, its features etc. Thanks The format of how data is stored in the file is undocumented. The programmatic access available is detailed in the VB/VBA help files for the Outlook object model. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "manoj" <cmanoj@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message news:uCItbDxcEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > H...

Formula Sorting Help #2
Is there a way to sort data by sub-fields? Ex Given my Cells look like: A10.1234 I would like to sort by everything to the right of the decimal (i.e. 1234) Is there a smart way of doing this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Rename files based on a value in a Field?
The following is a request from a friend. If these were Excel files, with an asset number in a cell, I could write a macro to accomplish his goal. Since they're Word files, I'm clueless...your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks! "I have an old database application that stored files as Word documents. Each file has the same layout, with an asset number in the same field. I was able to pull the Word files off to a share and now I want to change the file name to the asset number without having to open each file, looking at the number, and then changing it. Does an...

pst and ost
pls post the information about .pst and .ost files of outlook What do you want to know about them? PST = personal folders file. Generally used by Internet Mail users, not Exchange. OST = an offline replica of an Exchange mailbox. Linked permenantly to the mailbox/profile for which it was created - cannot be opened independently. ramakrishna wrote: > pls post the information about .pst and .ost files of > outlook ..pst files are Personal Folders that you can store all your mail files. Its also the location of your inbox and what nots and is stored on your local harddrive. The .os...

Opening Files*
When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find it etc. How do I set up so files automatically open in the program they were saved on? Thank If you save all your excel files in a particular folder you set the default through Tools > Options then under the general tab. Type the path to the folder that you wish and when you select open excel will open tht folder. Is this what you meant? regards Murray >-----Original Message----- >When I open an Excel file only the blank Excel screen comes up. Then I have to go to open and find i...

Large OST file . .
I'm in an Exchange Server environment, using an Outlook 2000 client, with a very large OST file - 1.4 MB - I save everything - all sent emails, all received emails - I guess I could turn Archive on, but then I wouldn't be able to search EVERYTHING at the same time - any suggestions as to anything I could do to optimize my environment - Outlook loads very slow after an abnormal termination, searches are slow, etc. Thanks On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:50:04 -1000, Texas Yankee <No-email_address@nowhere.com> wrote: > I'm in an Exchange Server environment, using an Outlook 200...

OST file issue
Friends, I got a very urgent issue. So any help is appreciated! If the old Offline storage file (OST) was renamed and new one created, can I re-attach the old OST file to outlook renaming it back to outlook.ost? User has made a lot of changes in offline mode and needs to those changes to be synchronized. Will I be able to rename the new OST file from outlook.ost to something else and put the old OST in its place, then load outlook in offline mode and then synchronize it? I'd really appreciate your help! thanks, FARHAD. ...

How to extend an if statement between 2 different Files
I have 2 files with model numbers and one file has UPC numbers tied to certain model numbers is there a way to write an if statement to extend between boh and automatically paste the UPC number tied to the model number in the other sspreadsheet file? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Nick, You can use VLOOKUP across multiple workbooks. This would reside in Book1 =VLOOKUP(1,[Book2]Sheet1!$A$1:$B$3,2,FALSE) where 1 is the key values in A1:B3, B being the UPC in your case. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from...

Exporting to a text file
How to export an Access query to a text file without the column heading? The query consists of single column and is used to import to an accounting system. Thanks. Cannot be done with the built-in TransferText action / method. You'd need to open a text file via VBA code and write the query's records (one at a time) into that file. If interested, post back and I'll provide some sample code. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:O$MxJCPlHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to export an Access quer...

Publisher cuts off text from word file that I am pasting into tex.
What does "Type your message here" mean to you? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Let me guess the question... You paste Word text into a Publisher text box and it doesn't fit. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DeborahKB" <DeborahKB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F29CD723-545B-4A7C-8ACA-DD5092DCE101@microsoft.com... > Ooooooooh, Mary...

Outlook Web Access #2
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Outlook Web Access installed on the Member Windows NT 4.0 Server. If the regular domain user logs in to Outlook Web Access he can see a list of mail messages but when he opens any of them they look like empty, but actually they are not. If user the member of Administrators Group logs in to the Outlook Web Access he is fine. What should I change? ...

Excel files reporting read only
I have an issue where a user I provide support for is being told that a file that has not been opened for a couple of months is reporting as being locked for editing by the last user to save the file (in some cases these users no longer exist on our network). When you check the open files on the server, these files are not showing as open. If teh user clicks to close, and then immediatley re-opens the file it opens as normal. There are no temporary files in the folder that the files are located in and I have cleared the temp folders on the client and on the server. The user has full control...

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Installation files
I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Kirill wrote: >I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial >version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. >Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version. When Money uses a file with ...

Synchronization fails, created new .ost file, and ran OST Integrity tool.
After creating a new ost file and the problem was not fixed I ran the OST Integrity tool. The result being that even fewer messages being updated in the inbox. The error listed has to do with the inbox folder, it is [80004005- 501-0-550. This is the same message for the sent and deleted folders. When I stop and start the Information Store, I get no errors and am reluctant to run eseutil on it unless that is the only option. I had the thought of exporting the problem folders and then synch, then add them back in and synch again but the export message counts do not add up. This ma...

changing the delimiter while saving as txt file
Dear Experts, is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. Thanks in advance Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "raj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:845d01c48520$92fc1c20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear Experts, > > is there a way to change the delimiter to # instead of tab > characters while saving the excel file to .txt file. > > Thanks in advance And some more links... Maybe you can steal some cod...

VBA for Excel 2000 file is corrupt
Hello, I have a strange thing. There are different functions which are creating some excel sheets, in these excel sheets is temporarily data created and after the create the sheets are deleted. With Workbooks(Substn_WB) Worksheets("temp_KV").Delete Worksheets("temp_CBTYP").Delete Worksheets("temp_XFMR").Delete Worksheets("temp_LINE").Delete Worksheets("temp_DCLN").Delete End With The temporarily data is used for three existing sheets which where before the create and after the create still there. If the excel file is closed by: Workbo...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 files to new install files HOW IS IT DONE???
I used the repair feature in Microsoft 2002 When I opened my e mail program, Microsoft Outlook 2002, all my e mails were gone as were my contacts. There was a box that talked about copying the old file to the new one. Can someone explain how this is done? Thanx Desperate MickeyYak1@comcast.net ...

Convert Excel+VBE file to VBA Professional file
I used VBE to develop a simple program by using Microsoft Excel as its database. However, there are some limitations such as the file is in ..xls and cannot be saved as a .exe file. How could I get the same result by using Visual Basic Professional? What can I do to convert the file into VBA forms but still using Excel as its database? Do I have to develop the program again? Only when the whole program is done did I realized that I can't save it as .exe file. Any suggestion? Thank you in advanced ...

Vista freezes when copying files to external hdd
Hi all, recently I have been trying to back up all my movies pics etc to a Lacie 1tb external hdd. We have had it for a while, it worked fine for a month, then we started experiencing difficulties with it and it remained in the too hard basket until now. Basically, I am running vista home premium premium on a Dell inspiron 6400 with 2gig ram (bought separately to improve performance). When when copying files to the hdd windows simply freezes. Anyone know of a fix for this? It's driving me nuts! -- Cammo7447 "Cammo7447" <Cammo7447.5ebaaa3@vistabant...