Orphan Ost file

is there any way to convert an old ost file to a pst file? or merge
two ost files togeter ?
I'm using Exchange server 2003
Outlook 2003
Thanks
Norm

Yep, got some money left?
http://officerecovery.com/exchange/

--
Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format

-----
"Norman" <norman@scallycomputechs.com> wrote in message
> is there any way to convert an old ost file to a pst file? or merge
> two ost files togeter ?
> I'm using Exchange server 2003
> Outlook 2003
> Thanks
> Norm

0
Roady
4/12/2004 10:23:52 PM
Or it's very intuitive shortcut of www.ost2pst.com

Ray

message news:%23F4kE2NIEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Yep, got some money left?
> http://officerecovery.com/exchange/
>
> --
> Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net
> Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
> Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Norman" <norman@scallycomputechs.com> wrote in message
> > is there any way to convert an old ost file to a pst file? or merge
> > two ost files togeter ?
> > I'm using Exchange server 2003
> > Outlook 2003
> > Thanks
> > Norm

0
reply_in (9)

Dedicated hdd for page file, outer disc space used
Windows XP latest SP Hdd dedicated for page file installed, single partition. Page file of fixed size generated on this disc. While reviewing the partition with Windows on-board defragmentation utility, the page file is presented in outer partition sections. It doesn't start from partition beginning. I guess files critical for system performance should be placed at inner section - faster read/write access. Does windows on-board defrag utility really show the facts? Does this file is really placed in outer partition section? If yes, why does windows do that this way? k...

Rename files based on file name?
Hello, How would I write vb script to do this?...seems simple but I have no idea. I have files in the directory C:\MyFiles they are named MYFiles101509.awq MyFiles111709.awq I want to rename them to OctFiles0001.xls and NovFiles0001.xls is there a way to look through files like look for MYFiles01* and rename that way? thanks. If you don't have the WSH help file you should download it and read up about the VBS methods so that you'll at least "have some idea". :) String operations you might need include Mid, Instr, Left, Right. > Hello, How wo...

Getting error when trying to upload large files on ftp location
Hi, I am trying to upload a large xml file (around 500 MB) on ftp location,but i am getting this error--- The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. i am getting the error on this line:- " Stream strm = ftpRequest.GetRequestStream();" i am using the following code:- string upd_file = "ftp://" + FTPHost + "/" + FTPFolder + "/" + "JJH.xml"; FtpWebRequest ftpRequest; FtpWebResponse ftpResponse; FileInfo fileInf = new FileI...

Cached Exchange Mode not selected but OST file is still created.
I'm trying to figure out why an OST file is being created even though Exchange Cached mode is not selected. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue? I'm using Outlook 2003 with the latest updates. Thanks, Jaycee Is the machine configured for offline folders, which are still available = as an option if Cached Exchange mode is not used?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Transfer of PST file
What is the best way to transfer a pst setting from one computer to another that are connected? Can I just copy from one to the other? Will there be any bad things happen by coping? Help please It would be useful if you at least posted your Outlook version. I would suggest you read the Help Files for the current version: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx ------ Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] GreyTop wrote: > What is the best way to transfer a pst setting from one computer to > another that are connected? > Can I just copy from one to the other? > Will...

Trouble with Excel 2000 Help file
Running Excel 2000. When I click on "See Also" at the top left of my Help screen, I get an internet explorer error message: "An error has occurred in the script on this page" Line1, Character 1. It goes on with some other stuff. Also, at the top of the page, I don't see hyperlinks anything else, but I see two little blue squares with a dot in the middle of each, which I usually associate with images that don't download. I seem to have my help files confused. I've tried reinstalling Office, but that doesn't help. I've gone to the microsoft support w...

Problems copying XLA file
In MAIN.XLS I check to see if the MACRO.XLA file on a network drive is more up to date than the file in Application.UserLibraryPath. If it is more up to date, I want to update / copy over the old file in user lib. If I attempt to copy the XLA and it is currently open, I get an Error = 70 (Permission denied) on the source of the copy. So I added a macro to the XLA (Force_Close_XLA) which simply closes the XLA. BUT when I do this the sub routine in MAIN.XLS ends following the execution of Force_Close_XLA. Is it possible to copy an open file or retain contol in MAIN.XLS? MACRO.XLA: Sub ...

How do you incorporate a PDF file into a publisher file?
Depends on what I want to do with the info. Specifically what are you going to do with the .pdf info? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Betty@HusseyCo" <Betty@HusseyCo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84A167CF-0FBD-49F3-A36D-9739D62A1D6F@microsoft.com... > Insert, Object... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Betty@HusseyCo" <Betty@HusseyCo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84A167CF-0FBD-49F3-A36D-9739D62A1D6F@mi...

Compress files
Hi, Over the past few days a pop-up window has appeared whenever Win XP SP3 is started asking if I want Outlook Express to compress files. The ONLY options are Yes, No and the red X. I normally use Outlook 2003 only. I have used Outlook Express a few times when the news reader was playing up. How do I stop this annoying pop-up appearing? What will be the effect on Outlook if Outlook Express does compress the files? -- Cheers . . . JC JC wrote: > Over the past few days a pop-up window has appeared whenever Win > XP SP3 is started asking if I want Outlook Express to compress ...

What does the .APS file do?
Two files which "clean solution" fails to remove are the .NCB and .APS files created by the compiler. I have to close down VS2005 and remove them manually from time to time and get them regenerated from scratch when things get a bit odd. NCB is, I understand, "intellisense" information. What does APS do? Is there a way of cleaning them from the IDE? Dave -- David Webber Author MOZART the music processor for Windows - http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion/support see http://www.mozart.co.uk/mzusers/mailinglist.htm On Mar 14, 5:37 am, "David Webber" <...

Read Only Files
We have excel files stored on a server in a shared folder, some of these files will only open as read only and say they have been locked for editing, this continues to happen even if all the access permissions are reset and all the excel files reset to full access, any ideas? Press Control-Alt Delete to bring up your task manager. Sometimes Excel hangs up when you close it. If you see an instance (Excel.exe), end the process. >-----Original Message----- >We have excel files stored on a server in a shared >folder, some of these files will only open as read only >and say...

Corupted file? "Unable to read file"
I am receiving the following error message when trying to open an excel file. "Unable to read file" The file contains pivot tables, but no links to external files. Passwords protect both the file and the sheets within. The file was created using Excel 98, however I am trying to open it using Excel 2002. Any ideas would be greatly received. Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guid...

use mjwpdf to edit and modify existing pdf file
Dear all I have a question, is possible to use mjwpdf in VB6 to edit an existing pdf document, modify it (for example for insert a signature image at the end of document) and save it with the changes if some one have the solution please attach source code please thanks to all xavi-querol@hotmail.com *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** On 02/02/2010 16:00, xavi querol wrote: > I have a question, is possible to use mjwpdf in VB6 to edit an existing > pdf document, modify it (for example for insert a signature image at the > end of document...

Seperate file extension from file name
In my code I have the user select a file to be copied. It then prompts the user for the new name of the file. The file is then saved as a string (e.g. "MyFileName.txt") I need to seperate the file name from the file's extension so I can have "MyFileName" and know that it's extension is ".txt" I think I can just use Left(myStringName, Len(myStringName) - 4) However: a) am i write in assuming that all file extensions are 3 charactors plus a period? b) what's the easiest way to check if the user provide file name includes a valid extension so i know...

Obtain a list of all files in one sub-directory with VBA?
Is it possible to obtain a list of all files in one sub-directory with Access 2007 VBA code? Brad "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:833ACDD1-E21F-4CDC-B8A3-5A68CE70B853@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to obtain a list of all files in one sub-directory with > Access > 2007 VBA code? > > Brad Dim fdr As String fdr = Dir("c:\temp\*.*") Do While fdr <> "" debug.Print fdr fdr = Dir Loop This will output all the file names contained in c:\temp to the debug window. Stua...

STM file not getting smaller after offline defrag
I have an exchange server with a 8GB .edb file and a 2.3GB .stm file. I look at the System Manager and it tells me that the total size of all my mailboxes is 6.1GB (I summed the numbers). I run the mailbox manager and it sends me the following email: Messages that would be moved or deleted: 649 Size of messages that would be moved or deleted: 1779.99 MB I run an offline defrag and my .edb file and .stm file get no smaller. What am I doing wrong? Also, I ran a dump once and looked at the stm file. My understanding is that its supposed to be clear text, but all i...

Orphaned Meetings
Recently migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2007. User_1 had created an infinite recurring meeting in 2003 that was migrated to 2007. User_1 no longer with company, mailbox has been removed. .. User_2 was originally a participant, but is now listed as organizer. Meeting does not show up in User_2 Calendar. Event log reports 'warnings' that refer to these items. .. User_2 had forwarded me an old invitation, which added me to meeting participants. It showed in my calendar, but not User_2. .. Is is possible to 'change' the organizer of a meeting? If not, how can I ...

Index file
As a complete novice I used Publisher (2003) to make a web site. My original web site was made with frontpage. The new site looks good when opened with IE but when uploaded via FTP it will now show up. It seems an index file is missing. I cannot find anyway in Publisher to create this and would welcome any advise thank you dave Dave wrote: > As a complete novice I used Publisher (2003) to make a web site. My > original web site was made with frontpage. > The new site looks good when opened with IE but when uploaded via FTP > it will now show up. > It seems an index file...

Import Error from 2004 file to '05, 06, Plus, etc
I have a Money 2004 file that works just fine bar the expiration of downloading stock quotes. I previously bought, installed, and tried to use M'05 & M06, but ran into the Cashflow not Updating issue, and figured I just keep using M'04 until I was forced to update. Now, I installed the demo of MPlus and have the same situation, when I import my M04 file, it crashed the program (same as M05 and M06), the import never completes. Money restarts, and it appears all my data is there, but it runs terribly slow, and the cashflow doesn't work. So, I started the whole list of...

importing microsoft outlook files
I've changed laptop and need to transfer mail/contacts/calendar/etc from old to new PC. They tell me *.pst is the solution, BUT it will displace (erase) newly recieved email on new PC! HOW DO I IMPORT - INTEGRATE - OLD FILES INTO NEW ONES ( In article <019b01c3464d$47f105f0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, info@rayfoundation.org says... > I've changed laptop and need to transfer > mail/contacts/calendar/etc from old to new PC. They tell > me *.pst is the solution, BUT it will displace (erase) > newly recieved email on new PC! > > HOW DO I IMPORT - INTEGRATE - OLD FI...

How do I convert a csv file to an Excel file?
Hi- My Excel program does not recognize .csv files. I know Excel can easily convert these files, but I am not sure how to tell my version of Excel to do this. It is Excel 2002 on Windows XP. Any suggestions? Thanks- Anne In Excel File -> Open Change "Files of Type" to ALL Files You should be able to see your CSV file. "Anne B" wrote: > Hi- > > My Excel program does not recognize .csv files. I know Excel can easily > convert these files, but I am not sure how to tell my version of Excel to do > this. It is Excel 2002 on Windows XP. Any su...

Got "file could not be accessed" error while opening an .xls file through IE
I was creating a text data file named ne.xls under public_html directory so that any user can use IE to access the file and view it as excel file. For some reason, I am getting the "file could not be accessed" error message if I access the file through Internet Explore (IE). And there is no error if I directly open up the file through excel program. I am sure the file is in the right directory, has read and write permission, has no special characters in the filename, the full path is less than 218 characters. And I am sure it has something to do with the data contents. ...

I can't install office it says the setup file is already running
I can't install office it says the setup file is already running. I installed office on my system a few weeks ago. now I get the error message, that says I should upgrade to SP2. But I thought I was running that and I have never had that message before on any system I have installed it on. Can someone tell me wat I am to do. So what happens if you run MS Update & install Critical updates? "Bighammo" <Bighammo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F30ADA-FA05-4A1F-83C7-4056D65971DB@microsoft.com... >I can't install office it says t...

error: end of file reached
Hi, I have Outlook Express 5.02 on the Mac (OS 8.6). I was running Speed = disk=20 on my Mac and it hung. Now, when I try to launch Outlook I get an error=20 message that says: "An error has occurred. The end of file was reached." = and=20 Outlook fails to launch. Per Knowledge base article 296844 I have: 1. Deleted the Identity preferences file. 2. Deleted the Outlook Express preferences file. 3. Rebuilt the desktop. 4. Tried rebuilding the Outlook Express database (by holding the option = key=20 while launching. I recieved the same "end of file" message when I tried = a=2...

Sign In Name Not associated with this file
What is going on with ms money . Can't access my money files. Getting Sign in name not associated with this file error. Cannot even sign in without passport. Anyone know what is going on . Yes. This was discussed in hundreds or even thousands of posts about ten days ago. The best one for you to read is: news://msnews.microsoft.com/eG2ikZfdEHA.3044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl "John" <jpetitti1@msn.com> wrote in message news:1deb01c47c75$dea9bbe0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > What is going on with ms money . Can't access my money > files. Getting Sign in name not associated...