Organizing Contacts in Outlook 2000

I might be asking too much from Outlook but I thought I'd try.
I'm a facility manager with 10 customers (schools, churches, etc.)
I'm attempting to use Outlook Contacts to organize the various vendors
that each one uses.  So, when I enter a vendor, first I need to put them into
a category (plumber, electrician, .etc) then I need to assign them to the
appropriate
customer.  Some of my customers use the same vendors so I'd need to assign
some of them to multiple customers.  I'd like to be able to look up a
customer and
view all vendors for that customer, and I'd like to look up a vendor and
view all customers that use that vendor.  Thank you for reading this long
winded question...just trying to do this right the first time.

Try using the Contacts box at the bottom of the contact entry form. I think
it will do just what you're looking for.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"JBradford32" <JBradford32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I might be asking too much from Outlook but I thought I'd try.
> I'm a facility manager with 10 customers (schools, churches, etc.)
> I'm attempting to use Outlook Contacts to organize the various vendors
> that each one uses.  So, when I enter a vendor, first I need to put them
> into
> a category (plumber, electrician, .etc) then I need to assign them to the
> appropriate
> customer.  Some of my customers use the same vendors so I'd need to assign
> some of them to multiple customers.  I'd like to be able to look up a
> customer and
> view all vendors for that customer, and I'd like to look up a vendor and
> view all customers that use that vendor.  Thank you for reading this long
> winded question...just trying to do this right the first time.

0
suemvp (4038)

Money 2000: Cannot set up web express
Whenever I try to set up web express (to see my data online), I get "Sorry, unable to synchronize. Problem setting up web express." Is this feature still available? ...

Lost contacts!!!
Hello, We recently switched several users from Outlook to Outlook Express. I have one user saying she lost some contacts in the transfer. I didn't have this issue on my machine, and I am wondering if anyone else has seen this. Thank you ...

How do I insert a .pdf file into a Publisher 2000 publication
I am working on a theater program and I have an ad that was sent to me in pdf form. Is there a way to drop this directly into Publisher 2000 or do I need to print it and scan it? Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from mrsdenyl <mrsdenyl@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am working on a theater program and I have an ad that was sent to > me in pdf form. Is there a way to drop this directly into Publisher > 2000 or do I need to print it and scan it? If you are outputting to commercial print or to a PDF, you can crea...

Outlook 2002 #194
When I access email Outlook asks for a profile to be selected. I only have one profile on my PC and have set it as the default many times both on the screen and in control pannel/ mail however the system will not hold it as the default user and keeps prompting. Any ideas how to fix this issue? Mark Holton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I access email Outlook asks for a profile to be > selected. > > I only have one profile on my PC and have set it as the > default many times both on the screen and in control > pannel/ mail however the system ...

Email reply from Outlook
Hi, If user A sends email to User B by using CRM web client, user B will get the email in his/her outlook client (not SFO). Then user B replies the email using outlook client. Will the replied email be recorded on CRM as activity? As my understanding, if the email is still attached with GUID, it should be recorded on CRM. Am i correct?? If not, what should i do if i want to track all the email activities? Thanks Carrie if the emailconnector is tied to your exchange-server incoming mails will be triggered and in case of a valid GUID attached to the proper crm objects otherwise your ...

Deleted "Find a Contact" box
I accidentally deleted the OL2003 search box "Find a Contact" on the iconbar. I have looked through all the menus but cant find where it lives to add it back. Thanks Reset the Standard toolbar. View | toolbars | customise | reset. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message news:%231yuCQ%23jKHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I ac...

Transfer OE identities & contacts to Outlook 2007?
How do I transfer Outlook Express identities and contacts from XP SP2 to Outlook 2007 under Vista; i.e., everything I have from one system to the other. I have multiple "accounts" or "identities" under XP. ...

Import and Export contacts
I keep my address book in contacts on MS Outlook.I have two PCs and when I change data on one contact on one PC, I export to a thumb drive and then import the information into the 2nd PC. This is what I do when I export contacts: File-Import and Export-Export to a file-Comma Separated Values (Windows)-Contacts-Save exported File- then I indicate the drive and what to export. The file exported is MS Outlook Contacts. Here is the problem. When I import to the 2nd PC all the contacts are duplicated and I have to delete the older contacts. I must be doing somethin...

Show external organizations within an organizations
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to show external organizations like courier services (who perform daily delivery services and are part and parcel of daily processes in an organization) in an organizational chart? Thanks for your support. Regards. -- akk ...

Ajout de nouveau champs contacts
Bonjour J'aimerai importer des contacts saisie dans fichier excel vers outlook.lors du mappage les champs que j'ai cr=E9es ne correspant a ceux afficher lors du mappage. Y a t'il une possibilit=E9e d'ajouter des champs au niveau de outlook. Cordialement yaitbamoh@gmail.com <yaitbamoh@gmail.com> wrote: > Bonjour Bonjour > J'aimerai importer des contacts saisie dans fichier excel vers > outlook.lors du mappage les champs que j'ai cr�es ne correspant a ceux > afficher lors du mappage. > > Y a t'il une possibilit�e d'ajouter des cha...

Exchange 2007 contacts in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Excuse me if this has been asked before, but I didn't see anything with this specific issue. We have Exchange 2007 and an iMac with Office 2008 running Entourage. I have shared contacts in Outlook 2007/2003 and am trying to open them up in Entourage. In Entourage, I can &quot;Open Other User's Folder&quot; and enter the name, Exchange server, and select Address book. If I haven't granted rights in Outlook, I get a permissions error. Looks good, so I grant the righ...

Outlook In Box
My incoming mail disappears after having been read. Each time I open the app the in box in empty. Is there a box I need to check somewhere to keep Outlook from deleting automatically? You want to check your Views, ie all mail as apposed to unread mail Outlook doesnt delete msgs (on its own) "JohnCBD" <JohnCBD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C0F61BD-9E69-470C-9898-72E49F939709@microsoft.com... > My incoming mail disappears after having been read. Each time I open the > app > the in box in empty. Is there a box I need to check somewhere ...

outlook.pst file size
Hi Folks, I am having trouble deleting things from Outlook 2000. If I look at my Outlook.pst file, the size is 1,329,856 kb (pretty big!?). If I move some sent items to a folder on another drive - say I move 40 megs of files, check the Sent Items folder and confirm that they are gone, check Deleted Items and make sure that they are not there. Log out of Outlook and back in and look at my outlook.pst size, it does not change - still 1,329,856 kb! It continues to grow with every email that I send and receive. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help. Ken Peoples Best regards, Ken...

Time received on Outlook 2003 different than system time.
I completed DST updates on all of our computers and used the tzmove.exe to update the calendar for Outlook 2003. The problem now is when I receive new email, the time is about 5 hrs behind the real time in the inbox. But when I double click to open the email, the time on the message is correct. I checked all time zone settings, DST settings, and calendar options. Im stuck for ideas......any suggestions?? Thanks Check the time zone setting on the Exchange server. - RAM On Mar 12, 2:52 pm, "RAM" <rmilbr...@gfnet.com> wrote: > Check the time zone setting on the Exchange s...

Defeating Outlook 2007 pop-up re Business Contact Manager
Hi, I have a friend running Windows Vista Business and Microsoft Outlook 2007. Opening Outlook brings up a pop-up "wizard" asking whether whether my friend wished to initiate installation of Business Contact Manager. My friend doesn't want to install this feature and does not want to be constantly asked about his wishes in this matter. Is there a Registry script that he might be able to download and apply to disable the pop-up? Is there a more suitable approach? Thanks in Advance, Richard Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Business Contact Manager for Office = Outlook...

outlook auto messages
I answer customer service question through email. most of my question are the same. therefore my reply are repeated. I type the same reply often. is there a way I can auto complete my replys? You can work with templates, AutoText (when setting Word as the e-mail editor) or create txt-files with answers and choose Insert-> File...-> dropdown on the Insert button-> Insert as Text -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ...

moving contacts
Hi I would like to move my contacts from outlook 2003 on one computer to the another computer with the same version of outlook. Just wondering what is the best way? Excel file? PST? Any help appreciated... "doodles" wrote: > Hi I would like to move my contacts from outlook 2003 on one computer to the > another computer with the same version of outlook. > Just wondering what is the best way? Excel file? PST? > Any help appreciated... > I meant to say the other computer has Windows 7 installed if that makes any difference... "doodles&qu...

Uninstalling Outlook express #2
How do you uninstall outlook express if it isn't listed on your control panel/add/remove programs list? Depends on the operating system you are running. But either way it's not recommended practise. For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related Ne...

Outlook 2003 #294
When Outlook starts it doesn't check for mail. At work I'm familiar with it checking on startup. It also doesn't check every 5 minutes like I have it set to. It will however check manually. I use AVG Free Edition. Does that hinder. Whatzup? -- Jack da Shack Have you double checked all the settings here: Tools menu > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive groups? "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C4208A-9A40-42E6-9780-BF77C3B7BA04@microsoft.com... > When Outlook starts it doesn't check ...

Installed Outlook 2007
Just installed Office 2007 (PC with Win XP, Office XP) On opening Outlook now, all my emails and contacts have disappeared. Help! Reconnect your pst-file by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... Otherwise, post a lot more details about your configuration. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16192819-38F2-4FB0-A26...

Sychronization problem with CRM 3.0 laptop client for outlook
When I turn on the sychronization, a lot of pop-ups come out with the following message: The record is read-only in Microsoft CRM changes will not be sychronized to CRM system. Schedule Error: the following potential problems have been fond xxxx,xxxx is being scheduled outside their work hours. Do you want to ignore these errors and save? What's the problem? Help!!!!!!! Is it possible that this user doesn't have the appropriate permissions to update this records? sampling wrote: > When I turn on the sychronization, a lot of pop-ups come out with the > following message: T...

prblem with Outlook Express6
1-when I enter in some sites which is written in Farsi I see the words in form of ?????? what is the problem? 2-also when I want to enter to yahoo mail or hotmail to check my mails active x error will appears and dosnt allow me to enter to site and say operation aborted.what is the problem? 3-how and in which link in panda site can I online scan my pc for viruses? thanks alot to all you dears. For the antivirus I would suggest using www.sarc.com and download the Norton Antivirus ActiveX components to scan your computer remotely. Simply go to www.sarc.com and the click "Check for Secu...

New CRM users can use the outlook client but Can't login to the CRM-Web
We have been using CRM for sometime and most of our users are working with the outlook client with a small number using the Web side of thing. I was asked to create a CRM account for a new associate last week. I am not sure what I could have screwed up because he cant login to the web page, it just keeps prompting him for his login info. I RD'd into his station and saw the re-prompting just as he explained. I then tried to login in with my account and it worked fine. The only difference between the two is that the last CRM account I was asked to create was about 3 Mo ago. There have ...

Outlook Express #37
I am trying to copy across my inbox.dbx file from Outlook express to another computer with outlook express so I can retain all of my emails. When, however, I replace the inbox.dbx file from the first computer with the new one I have from the second computer, Outlook Express says: "the folder cannot be displayed. Possible causes are: Low disk space or Low memory" my computer has plenty of HD space and ram. Any ideas on how I can make my emails appear? ...

New Letter to Contact Templates
In Outlook 2002, I'm trying to use the New Letter to Contact feature, found under the Actions menu when you have a contact selected. When I select this command it brings up Word's Letter Wizard. After selecting a template and clicking Finish, a standard document is made with contact info on it, but the document does not have any of the formatting or other text from the selected template. What am I doing wrong? I've tried using the built-in Word merge and non-merge templates as well as my own custom templates to no avail. Thanks, Sam Please disregard. I'm still not ...