Order of Names in E-mail differs from that in Contacts (Outlook 2002)

Hi!

I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of  'Surname,
First Name'. When I open up a new message and click on 'To' to address it
the names are all in the order of 'First Name Surname'. How can I change the
order to 'Surname, First Name'?

Thanks in anticipation. Andrew

In news:%23DyiAASlFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Andrew Mawby <andrew@mawbya.plus.com> typed:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of 'Surname,
> First Name'. When I open up a new message and click on 'To'
> to address it the names are all in the order of 'First Name Surname'.
> How can I change the order to 'Surname, First Name'?
>
> Thanks in anticipation. Andrew

Go to Tools, E-mail Accounts, View or change existing directories....<next>.
Select the Outlook Address Book, Change, and select "File As" instead of
"First Last".

I have *no* idea why First Last is the default, but it's irritating.

0
lanwench (7566)
7/30/2005 4:42:36 PM
Many thanks, that did the trick.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

In news:OKU7HgSlFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Andrew Mawby <andrew@mawbya.plus.com> typed:
> Many thanks, that did the trick.

Glad it worked.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:uSJdraSlFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>

>> In news:%23DyiAASlFHA.1044@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Andrew Mawby <andrew@mawbya.plus.com> typed:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I'm using Outlook 2002 and my contacts are all in the order of
>>> 'Surname, First Name'. When I open up a new message and click on
>>> 'To' to address it the names are all in the order of 'First Name
>>> Surname'. How can I change the order to 'Surname, First Name'?
>>>
>>> Thanks in anticipation. Andrew
>>
>> Go to Tools, E-mail Accounts, View or change existing
>> directories....<next>. Select the Outlook Address Book, Change, and
>> select "File As" instead of "First Last".
>>
>> I have *no* idea why First Last is the default, but it's irritating.

0
lanwench (7566)

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

Synchronizing my mobile phonebook with Outlook 2000
Hello, I have the following problem: When I try to access my Outlook Contacts via the Synchronzation software of my Siemens C55 mobile phone - I am waned about the danger of virus infection etc - I am asked to give access for 1 up to 10 minutes. Can somebody help me to get rid of this security item please? B.t.w. I am not very familiar with this, so be patient with me and don't use too technical terms. Thank you so much on beforehand. ...

Incorrect time/date on e-mail?
Hello! It has been happening twice in the last one month that an e-mail was sent with incorrect date/time. In the first incident, a new e-mail was created and sent by a user and then the recipient (in the same office / LAN) noticed that the e-mail was stamped with a future date and time (dated February 2007!). In the second incident, a user was replying to an e-mail from his colleague and then the recipient noticed that the reply was stamped with future time (about 1 hour ahead the time stamp of the original mail). To my understanding, the time/date stamped on the e-mail should be the sa...

Outlook vertical scrollbar slider
I have Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. When I move the vertical scrollbar slider in Contacts, Journal and Tasks, the entries don't move until I release the mouse button, then they jump to the final position. Is there a way to activate smooth scrolling? The slider sort of works in the e-mail Inbox - it does smooth scrolling but only on the second try. I seem to remember there was a registry fix for this problem in Word some years ago and wonder if there is one for Outlook. Any help will be appreciated. There is not a registry fix. What kind of a mouse do you have? Some mouse softwar...

Order Management Error
Hi All! We are testing if we can use BP3 for our customers to enter their orders, everything goes well until the point when we click the Check Out button to complete the order, then we get an error, "The order cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.", then when we look at Event viewer to see the details, there's "The Microsoft Business Framework must be started using EnterpriseSession.Initialize()." on the description. Any ideas on how to get around this issue? Zama, Can you confirm the event is directly related to clicking the "Check Out&...

e-mail problem #2
I am using WindowsXP and Outlook 2002 (SP-2). Some days our e-mail works fine but more often then not mail delivery is interrupted. We do not have any problems sending mail, only receiving. Some days we'll recieve hundreds of messages (mostly spam) without a glitch. The next day, or possibly later the same day, I'll get 10-12 messages and then a dialog box pops up asking for username and password. I cancel out of this dialog box and get an error message that, " the connection to the server was interrupted." The auto e-mail send/receive is set at 25 minutes. Norton Inte...

Goldmine Conversion
Hi all, I am having problem importing email records from Goldmine 4.0 to CRM 1.2. I have extracted the following attributes into cdf for cdf_activity table: activitytypecode, activitytypecodename, subject, description, directioncode, owningusername, objectid, objecttypecode,statecode,directioncode,scheduledstart and end, actualstart and end, sender, toRecipients. And then I populated cdf_activitybase table with the following attributes: activityID, PartyObjectTypeCode, PartyObjectTypeCodeName, PartyID, ParticipationTypeMask, AddressUsed. I only create record for 'Sender' and &#...

Outlook 2003 changing appointments to recurring
My wife is setting up OL2003 on her laptop, and has run into a situation that neither of us have ever seen before, and cannot recreate on any system but her laptop. After creating a new appointment in Outlook, if she then goes back and changes either the label, or the time of the appointment, Outlook automatically turns the appointment into a weekly occurence starting from the date of the appointment. As I said, I have never seen this behavior in the past, and have been completely unable to recreate it. Additionally, Google searches have turned up nothing on the subject, and MS's ...

Is there any short-cut key to switch between different worksheet
Thanks a lot CTRL-PageUp and CTRL-PageDown -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "win" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:u1nSCvNsIHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Thanks a lot | | Many thanks "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> �b�l�� news:uFxXNROsIHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl �����g... > CTRL-PageUp and CTRL-PageDown > > -- > Kind regards, > > Niek Otten > Microsoft MVP - Excel > > "win" <a@a.com> wrote in message > news:u1nSCvNsIHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > | Thanks a lot > | >...

Tab order for purchase orders and sales orders
Is there a way to set the tab order while entering items in a purchase order and sales order. My client would like to be able to have the order taker be able to be prompted for a quantity while entering in line items to purchase orders and sales orders. Marc, For POS, enter the quantity first, then the * key, then the ILC So for 5 of 11212, enter 5*11212 <enter> For PO's see if QuickScan works better for you. -- * "Marc Arbesman" <MarcArbesman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05BD48AA-08BB-4CFE-A04D-46BBCC5B95CC@microsoft.com... Is there a w...

Problem sending mail from Outlook Express
I have been asking my ISP for help in resolving a problem I'm having with sending mail from Outlook Express 6 for the last 3 weeks. It is not resulting from long periods of inactivity because this message will pop up immediately after I log in. They suggested I reinput the mail server info etc. I have done that to no avail. They recently said the messages seemed to indicate the presence of a "Trojan" type virus and they said to scan my entire system. I updated my Norton and scanned every file and it found no error. I went back and had it scan only the Outlook file...

How to enter e-mail or WWW addresses without becoming active hyperlinks?
Hi all; I am just trying to create a list of e-mail and www addresses in M Excel OSX for the Mac. I do not want these addresses to be active link at all (i.e. totally non-active so when I click on them I do not star up my email or www browser). I simply want a "text" list that I ca edit and so forth. I have tried various formatting and hyperlin options without any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks all. Dea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You should type a ' before the entry. That tells Excel not to autoformat it. Another way is to hit Ctrl Z after it form...

Conflict between Outlook and Webmail?
Dear all I am working currently from home from my PC. I am using the Webmail from the company. Yesterday I installed MS Office and every e-mail I am sending at the moment comes through with his e-mail address. Do you have any idea what I can do about this? Thanks Henpat In news:e98WAgpjFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, henpat <henpat63@hotmail.com> typed: > Dear all > > > > I am working currently from home from my PC. I am using the Webmail > from the company. Outlook and webmail aren't related and can't touch each other. > > Yesterday I i...

Use a range name in VB with IF Then Else statement
Thanks for looking at this one..... when writing a macro in visual basic, how would you write code to do something like this: IF "Named Range 1" is not equal to "Named Range 2" THEN (do a simple cut/copy/paste which I've allready figured out) ELSE END IF I can do this with range as cell address ("A2") but don,t know how to reference the Named Range. Thanks.... Spydor -- spydor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spydor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28438 View this t...

Modify back order transfer to order process
Got a question for anyone who is familiar with the transfer process from back order to order. I'd like to make a modification in that process to clear the PICTICNU and PCKSLPNO fields in SOP10100 for the new SOP order created. Currently those fields retain the values from the original SOP order. Has anyone made a similar mod? Any pointers? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Jim - I am assuming you are on Version 8 or higher. Go to Tools - Setup - Sales - Sales Order Processing On this window, click on the numbers button - the last two options are Packing Slip and Picking Ticket. You pr...

Outlook REPLY-original messages CORRUPTED
--------------D331DED46FA3E7C0416BE9C9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When replying to an email, the sender's portion gets lost... Sequence of events: I send a msg to correspondant. Correspondant replies I get reply. It contains both her msg and my original message. I press reply. The msg displayed for me to reply contains my original message, but NOT Correspondant's reply. What is happenning and how can be fixed? Leo --------------D331DED46FA3E7C0416BE9C9 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!d...

"The certificate's CN Name does not match the passed value."
Recently my ISP sent out an email saying that I am supposed to change my email settings from pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com to pop.att.yahoo.com from smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com to smtp.att.yahoo.com They also requested that I set up SSL on ports for pop and smtp. I did that and found that I couldn't get outgoing mail to work. I was not even able to get it to work when I switched back the smtp server to original setting. In the process of trouble shooting I installed another email client to see if it was Outlook that was causing the problem. When Eudora opened it ...

Purchase Orders Slowness
I just installed this module for version 8.00g7. Now when I access the company, it takes 2 to 3 minutes to log you on. The access time before was less than 40 secs. Does anybody have a clue? It created these views: CPO10113 CPO10114 CPO10600 Also I noticed when you change user in the same company is fast. -- Thanks in advance. Luis Sorry I forgot to tell that the module is Purchase Orders Enhancenments. -- Thanks in advance. Luis "Luis" wrote: > I just installed this module for version 8.00g7. > Now when I access the company, it takes 2 to 3 minutes to log you on. >...

Blank E-Mails (Outlook 2002, SBS 2003)
Some of my users are complaining that e-mails sent or received are blank, I have tried the SP3 patch, changing text formats. Even some random command line. regsvr32 - inetcomm.dll. The cause of this blank e-mail fettish is unknown and doing my head in. We have restarted the SBS a number of occasions and all seems to be going fine until I hear those lovely words, "My e-mails are blank AGAIN" Ahhhh! Can someone, ANYONE help with this, The problem as far as I can see is common and microsoft seem to know nothing about it. Please write to my e-mail address or post here if you ...

Outlook and OE6
I am thinking of installing Outlook as I have had some issues forwarding mail from OE6 which have GIFs and had no trouble forwarding the same mail from my Outlook account at work. I understand that if I install Outlook I will still be able to access the Newsgroups, from what I understand Outlook will launch OE to read the Newsgroups. Does this then mean that I have to keep OE6 installed so that it can do this? -- Lynn Please remove spamtrap if replying via email Yes, Outlook requires OE to be installed, not for news groups, but for the presence of shared code. If removed, Outloo...

Problem w/text wrapping in mail merge
I am creating envelopes and letters of one name are on two seperate lines in the text box. ie Mrs. Bessie Thrash and Mr. Carson Th rash Any Ideas on how to fix? Stretch the text box? Are the names on one line in the database? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pvfishy" <pvfishy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1FCBB4D-0D5B-46B5-948E-AB1ED35FFD59@microsoft.com... >I am creating envelopes and letters of one name are on two seperate lines in > the text box. ie Mrs. Bessie Thrash an...

Back Order Work Order
Hello, When adding an item with 0 inventory to a sale I get a prompt to create a back order. When I add the same exact item to a work order there is no prompt to create a back order. Is that correct? I expect to have some back orders on work orders is there a work around method (or maybe I am missing a fix)? Thank you, Jim This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0572_01C89517.067BEB30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable JimF, In RMS' mind, an order, is an order, is an order, and not a sale. --=20...

Outlook 2003 hangs when clicking a link in an e-mail.
Anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks Gary ...

Sales Order unfulfillment
We have customer send us projections of what they would be buying thru next sixth months. We would like to block (allocate) this quantities for this particular customer. At the moment we create a fake order and we put all of these items on this order. When we receive actual orders, we unallocate the fake order for the quantity on the master order, create a brand new order again put the unallocated quantity on the new order. Can we simplify this process? If so, how? Third party solutions? System: GP 8.0 SP1 SQL 2000 Modules: SOP, Inventory, POP, RM, PM, GL We have thought about creating a new...

Purchase order
can we have the site ids addresses show on the po deliver to: address PO form. If, so how? -- Crystal Roach Crystal, This requires a modification of the PO form in Report Writer. Change the Ship To address field to reflect the Site address. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com The site ID address field does not appear in RW for POs. Do I need to link tables? If so, what tables and how. -- Crystal Roach "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote: > Crystal, > > This requ...