Options for read receipt

I have a problem, when users get read receipts they are
not propmted to choose whether to send the receipt or
not.  The options in the tools tracking options are
grayed out and they are unable to change the setting.
The users are admins on their local machines and are also
domain admins.  Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
Ben Hebert
0
trimble36 (1)

"Ben Hebert" <trimble36@msn.com> wrote in message news:<026301c347d7$677de330$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have a problem, when users get read receipts they are
> not propmted to choose whether to send the receipt or
> not.  The options in the tools tracking options are
> grayed out and they are unable to change the setting.
> The users are admins on their local machines and are also
> domain admins.  Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks!
> Ben Hebert

According to the article at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192929
(article 192929), on an Exchange server they won't be prompted - "If
you are using the CW installation of Outlook with Microsoft Exchange
Server as your mail service, Exchange will always respond to requests
for a read receipt.".  Not sure if there's a way around that or not,
but this is what my searching came up with.  Let me know if you find a
way around it, I wouldn't mind giving my users the choice of sending
the receipt or not!
-Scott L. Grimes

RMS matrix attribute option
Adding an existing item in the RMS 2.0.0114 matrix with 219 attributes and 826 items and saving it takes about 2 hours to complete (using Windows XP SP2 Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2 G RAM). Since the backend is SQL Server, we don’t see any reason for the application not to support matrix records of this size, considering that the Item has 219 attributes and 826 items only. I think it would be better if RMS has the option not to load the existing attributes for the dropdown list. Just enable the addition of new dimensions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Why No "Format Cells" Choice Option Always ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. When I select a Column of numbers, I usually see a choice for "Format Cells" At other times, for different Columns (also with numbers in the cells, I do not get the Format Cells choice. All that shows up as being selectable are: Cut, Copy, Clear Contents Why might this be ? Thanks ...

Why is redirect rule absent from my rules and alerts options?
Outlook 2003 help at <http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA011502011033.aspx?pid=CH063564671033> offers a choice of either forwarding or redirecting mail. I want to redirect mail to a webmail address to access it more easily while travelling. Redirect suits me better than forwarding, as forwarded mail all appears to come from me (i.e. original sender is not visible until mail is opened -- bit inconvenient). The forwarding option/s are visible among the checkboxes under 'Rules and alerts' but there is no sign of the 'Redirect it to people or distribution list&#...

POP
Hi, We have a requirement to compare the PO cost vs the Shipment cost vs the Invoice cost. How can this be done, especially given the complexities of one PO can have multiple receipts. Below is what I have so far: select a.PONUMBER,'' as TRXSORCE, PO_Line_Status = Case When a.POSTATUS = 1 Then 'New' When a.POSTATUS = 2 Then 'Released' When a.POSTATUS = 3 Then 'Change Order' When a.POSTATUS = 4 Then 'Received' When a.POSTATUS = 5 Then 'Closed' When a.POSTATUS = 6 Then 'Cancelled&...

Receipt printing #4
Is there a way to disable the 2nd receipt(merchant copy) from printing? Thanks in advance. ...

Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
Hi, Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup, When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options, It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not , In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark, But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup, What could be the problem Thank you & Bets Regards, Yakov Do you have a rule set to move messages? If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule. "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304C2EEA-5839-47B1-A737-475921A51D...

ampersand in subject prevents e-mail from being read using exchange web server
Hi, I have an e-mail which I sent which has an ampersand in the subject, now I can't view it from my sent items, and others can't read the e-mail. We're using the exchange server and accessing it via an intranet connection through a web browser. Thanks, Rob Have you run the IIS lockdown tool on the Exchange server, in particular the URLScan part as this will disable specific characters found in the Subject Line (Usually produces a error on 404) "Rob Erwin" <rob.erwin@lpl.com> wrote in message news:03be01c34a65$9c213480$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > ...

Power options issue 06-24-10
When I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set turn off monitor to 20 minutes and turn off hard drive to 20 minutes nothing happens. However if I change those settings to turn off monitor to 1 minute and turn off hard drive to 3 minutes it works every time. I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. You should also know that no changes to my system have been made since this problem started happening. The turn off cannot be executed until the computer is not running anything for the amount of time you selec...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Change printing options based on tender types
I have curerntly setup our POS registers to automotically print 40-column receipts and to prompt the user for whether or not to print a large 80-column invoice. However, I would like to have large invoices automatically print for all charge account tenders. Is there a way to specify the print behavior based on the tender type for the transaction? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales, Culver City, CA not without an add-in. Seems like someone posted something about that within the last few weeks - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://ww...

Tracking read/unread
Is it possible find who or when a message in a mailbox that had already been read was marked as unread? Thanks No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, mcse_2@charter.net asked: | Is it possible find who or when a message in a mailbox that had | already been read was marked as unread? | | Thanks ...

Adding on Option to an Option Group
I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header. I had to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the option group.. how? Thanks Sue Found it - for others, you need to add the field to the record source for the form, then with the option group selected, open the field list and drag the new field onto the option group (at least I hope that is it) Sue (Sometimes it actually pays off to have a stack of books over a foot high on Access) "Design by Sue" wrote...

AP Trail Balance should have option to select by due date
I believe the AP Aged Trial Balance could be enhanced to allow to select transactions by a due date range. That way the report will provide a list of invoices that a due within a specific due date range. I have a clinet that has requested this functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Remove Marketing and Service Option from Left Nav Bar
When the only entity selected in a security role is Account access, we would like the options for Marketing and Service not to be seen in the left hand Nav bar. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Insert options
I've recently been "upgraded" to Office 2010 from Office 2003 and find the "Ribbon" interface really horrible. A good example is in Excel. In Excel 2003 if I wanted to insert a row or column it was simple. Go to the insert menu and select either rows or columns. To do the same task in Excel 2010 the logical place to go is the "Insert" ribbon. This lets me insert lots of things, but none of them are rows or columns. To do that I have to go to the "Home" ribbon and then there is an Insert button from where I can insert rows or columns. I thought one ...

How to revalue an option buttons
Hi, I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has 55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the value of each option? Thanks!! Check the field type, if its Long or Integer it will round the number and 0.5 will turn into 0. Change the field type to Double or Single -- Good Luck BS"D "Jon" wrote: > Hi, > I have option group in from to add values in table...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Validation Options with option List
Good morning! i have set up an validation list option in Excel so i can choose what option to pick. For example, i can choose test1, test2 and/or test3. But what i want to try to do is when i choose one of the options test1,test2 and/or test3 i want for those options different fields like for example: Test1 this is the text of data for test1 When i choose the option Test2 i want the text or data cleared for test1 and see the text for option 2. I hope you can help me with this problem, thanks in advanced! Edo -- EdoZwart ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Remove text "Discount code: **" from receipt??
Hello, I have a weird problem within a receipt. I got two registers, with different receipt.xml linked. Register 1 prints on the receipt the text "Discountcode: ***" when an item is sold with discount. Register 2 doesn't print this text, even if I use the same receipt format?? I can't get what the problem is? Hope somebody can help me. Greetings Raymond Bakker the Netherlands Are you using windows drivers on one of the printers? "Raymond Bakker" <raymond.bakker@rebus-it.nl> wrote in message news:1C61DF7A-1E93-4BD2-ABDF-46731BDC9B25@microsoft.com.....

Problems with Excel Horizontal arrays with regional options using.
Entering a vertical array ={10;20} works ok, but horizontal array ={10,20} gives 10,2 ;-) in both cells instead of 10 and 20 in the two cells. This happens, I presume, because I work with a comma as decimal separator and NOT with the American . I do suppose that Excel has got some solution for this behaviour. I, in principle, do NOT want to change the regional options. ...

Program Name Options
I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" Richard LeBlanc wrote: > I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office > Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Thanks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u7UaEj6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" > > Richard LeBlanc wrote...

Second Calendar Option?
Outlook 2000. This is probably a very easy question (I hope). How do I setup a second apptoinment calendar so I can keep my personal appointments seperate from business ones? -- Thanks in advance... Bob File | New | Folder. But if you want to get reminders from the second calendar, you'll need the tool from http://www.slovaktech.com . A better approach might be to use different categories for personal and business appointments and a filtered view. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developer...

SOL_SOCKET Socket Options?
Hello everyone I use the following code to set send timeout and receive timeout for HTTP request but the timeout is about 60 seconds in Windows 98, not 15 seconds which I expect My question is Do Socket Options SO_SNDTIMEO and SO_RCVTIMEO not work in Windows 98 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ #include "winsock2.h . . m_nSendTimeout=5000 m_nRecvTimeout=10000 . . //set recieve timeou if(setsockopt(sckHTTPSocke ,SOL_SOCKE ,SO_RCVTIME ,(const char *)&m_nRecvTimeou ,sizeof(m_nRecvTimeout))!=0 closesocket(sckHTTPSocket) return //set send timeou...

groupmethod options
When designing reports (.qrp files), what can you set GroupMethod to besides groupmethodNone or groupmethodSum? Thanks, Mike FDA ...

Power Options
I have an HP laptop using Vista SP-2. Until recently, the power settings worked the way I set them (especially shutting off the display after 15 minutes of idle time). Now, this particular setting doesn't work (the display stays on all the time). I haven't checked the other settings yet. Tried Google but couldn't find anything that applied. Suggestions for a solution? Sorry, but I tried to cross-post to two groups and NEITHER group posted my message. So I posted them individually. ...