Opportunities and email in BCM

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to link emails with opportunities. Is there a way
to do this?

Also, I read that there is a newsgroup dedicated to BCM, but I don't see it
when I search for it through my NG reader.

Also, BCM slows down Outlook. Any way to address this?

Thanks!

mstark71 (3)

The BCM newsgroup is microsoft.public.outlook.bcm. Do a search in Outlook
Express. If you don't see it, it's possible that your ISP doesn't carry that
group. You can try to just use the news server msnews.microsoft.com and see
if it apears then.

You can't link emails with Opportunities directly. About all you can really
do is link emails with contacts and link the contact to the opportunity.

Regarding the slow down, yes, BCM will slow down Outlook's loading. It
shouldn't make an appreciable difference in the running of Outlook however.
Have you tried turning off the automatic email linking to see if that helps?

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza

"mstark" <mstark71@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find a way to link emails with opportunities. Is there a
way
> to do this?
>
> Also, I read that there is a newsgroup dedicated to BCM, but I don't see
it
> when I search for it through my NG reader.
>
> Also, BCM slows down Outlook. Any way to address this?
>
> Thanks!

patriciac (522)
6/22/2004 3:37:45 PM
Thanks.

I haven't tried to turn off the auto email linking. What does that do when
it is activated? I wonder if I would miss it. BCM really slows down Oultook
once Outlook is open, so I'll give it a try. Where do I turn it off?

I'll check out that news server. Thanks for the tip.

"Patricia Cardoza [Outlook MVP]" <patriciac@mvps.org> wrote in message
> The BCM newsgroup is microsoft.public.outlook.bcm. Do a search in Outlook
> Express. If you don't see it, it's possible that your ISP doesn't carry
that
> group. You can try to just use the news server msnews.microsoft.com and
see
> if it apears then.
>
> You can't link emails with Opportunities directly. About all you can
really
> do is link emails with contacts and link the contact to the opportunity.
>
> Regarding the slow down, yes, BCM will slow down Outlook's loading. It
> shouldn't make an appreciable difference in the running of Outlook
however.
> Have you tried turning off the automatic email linking to see if that
helps?

> --
> Patricia Cardoza
> Outlook MVP
> Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
> Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft OneNote 2003
>
> http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
>
> "mstark" <mstark71@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to find a way to link emails with opportunities. Is there a
> way
> > to do this?
> >
> > Also, I read that there is a newsgroup dedicated to BCM, but I don't see
> it
> > when I search for it through my NG reader.
> >
> > Also, BCM slows down Outlook. Any way to address this?
> >
> > Thanks!

mstark71 (3)

Queue not retrieving email
Hi everyone, Something weird is happening. Last week, we created a queue user in Active Directory (by the book, no mistakes) and in CRM. Everything worked fine for a couple of days, i. e., email sent to the email address was then retrieved by the CRM and placed in the queue. Unfortunately, this stopped happening for no apparent reason approximately 30 hours after the first message was received. Email messages are correctly delivered to the Exchange mailbox, where they are correctly stored (and can even be retrieved by POP3). The queue configuration has been checked and it complies wi...

Opportunities and email in BCM
Hi, I am trying to find a way to link emails with opportunities. Is there a way to do this? Also, I read that there is a newsgroup dedicated to BCM, but I don't see it when I search for it through my NG reader. Also, BCM slows down Outlook. Any way to address this? Thanks! m The BCM newsgroup is microsoft.public.outlook.bcm. Do a search in Outlook Express. If you don't see it, it's possible that your ISP doesn't carry that group. You can try to just use the news server msnews.microsoft.com and see if it apears then. You can't link emails with Opportunities directly...

Pictures in email
How do you include a picture or logo in the body of an email Insert->Picture. Are you trying to create stationery? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | How do you include a picture or logo in the body of an | email right click on the picture, select the option COPY. Open up a new mail message, click in the message body, right clic...

Can I email a report with link criteria?
Hi I have a report I currently open with the following code: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , stLinkCriteria I have added the following line to save this file as a snapshot: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, stDocName, "Snapshot Format", _ strFile, False But how do I add my link criteria? Stapes You may find that if you have the report open in Preview when you do the export, that it filters as desired. This only works because the Filter of one instance interfers with the Filter of another, so it's a pretty hairy solution. A more stable idea is t...

Exchange 5.5
Hello, When my users send an email to one individual, internal or external, everything is fine. If they put in more then one address or cc' or bcc' then only the original address receives the email. None of the additional addresses receives any email and no ndr is sent. I can see the additional emails going into the Archive folder in the Exchange program folders. There are no event id's generated when this happens. Has anybody else seen this? Thanks ...

associate an email address with an email account?
ol03. i have several email accounts, which i use for different purposes. is there any way to associate a particular address with a particular account. so that, when i send email to person Y, it automatically goes through account Z? rather than having to remember to change the account manually? No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jeffrey" <astro46@excite.com> wrote in message news:HcMQd.31140$by5.8324@newssvr19.news...

Worfkflow Created Emails are not being Sent
We have emails being created from workflows triggered by a record creation. These emails are getting created but are no being sent. The emails just sit in the related entity's Activity list with a Status of Draft. Some emails do get sent out but many do not. Any ideas why these emails are not getting sent? Are you using outlook to route emails? If so, check the CRM options in outlook, specifically the email tab. Mark "Blakebueno" wrote: > We have emails being created from workflows triggered by a record > creation. These emails are getting created but are no being ...

appointement email template type
I want to create a workflow for appointment reminders. I've created a workflow with a wait step and then realized that there’s no appointment email template type for the dynamic content of the message. Any suggestions? Did anyone have this need? All help is appreciated. I 'm not sure I understand your need very well, but when you create the workflow, you add a waiting condition. Then, the next step should be '"send an email" (and not "create an email") You can personalize the properties of the email with the different attributes of the appointment. Tha...

This email already exist in this organisation. ID: c10312e7
Hello, We are using SBS 2003 in a small organisation (1 server, 4 workstations) I am trying to add an email address (xxx@yy.nl) to a public folder. This email address previously was assigned to a (the only) distribution group, but was removed there. The public folder xxx gets an email addres of xxx1@yy.nl and if I change it to xxx@yy.nl the error message appears. I can't assign this address back to the group either. If I send an email to this address the notification states that it's refused by the public folder store. Searched all the discussions concerning c10312e7. I have tried th...

closed opportunities
want to include closed opportunities in pipeline and forecast reports. any ideas? thanks ...

Forwarding Emails to Newsgroups
I receive periodic updates of Earthquake activity from around the globe. I'd like to be able to forward these updates automatically to an earthquake newsgroup. Can it be done? Gareth ...

Automatically forwarding email to another email account
I have two email accounts covered by MS Outlook 2000. However I am never at my office and remotely looking at email is a pain. Is there a way for me to automatically forward my incoming emails to my other email address? Rules wizard can do this for you. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I hav...

Extrenal Content in Email
My company is doing a seminar for our clients and my boss wants me to put together an email invite using HTML. I designed the invite in Frontpage, copied and pasted it into an emaial and sent it to myself and a few others for test purposes. It looks great for all but two of the recipients. Two recipients get all of the embedded images as attachments. I was told I could avoid this by using pointers to the web page I designed (external content). I've looked in books, user guides, Google and, MS Knowledge Base but, I can't find anything other than how to block external cont...

Opportunities
I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity. Is someone has any idea why I get this error ? MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code ...

I need to restore it from a Drive Image to recover email.
What is the file name of the Outlook Inbox (Office XP)? ...

Email misdirected?
Has anyone seen this? We are running Exchange2003 SP1, active-passive cluster, all updates on Windows 2003 server. Also one frontend OWA server. All exchange servers in same routing group. What has happened sporadically over the last two days is an internal user will email or reply to an external address ie user@domain.com and that message delivers or attempts to deliver to an internal address. First time it happened it delivered to a query distribution group. Fortunately it was a rather normal email and not embarrassing to the employee. I checked the sent items on the client and veri...

Default Email #3
In Internet options I have chosen Outlook as my default email. When I go to respond instead of the system choosing Outlook as my email default it seems to freeze and then 63 windows show up with an error message that the default email was incorrectly installed. I have done all of the steps required and can't get this to work. Any suggestions ...

Duplicate email for every single email sent from CRM
I got a problem when sending email from CRM, it shows 2 emails in Activity. The first email has no GUID in the subject, the second one has GUID in the subject. Is this due to a bug? And I can't receive any reply from the email. CRM Exchange router is installed and running. Any help please? I also experience the same problem - emails sent from Outlook to CRM are stored in duplicate as an activity within CRM. There is also no time or date stamp attached to the email communication in CRM. Any ideas? Thanks ---------- "Lito Kusnadi" wrote: > I got a problem when sendi...

CRM Inbound Email
Problem: inbound email is not appearing as an activity unless it originated in crm and has a token. In that case, it works as it should. It looks like CRM is processing the CRMMail box but what it does with the messages seems broken. SBS2003 R2 Router and rules are installed and applied. Personal CRM workspace and Organization are set to track all email messages. If I turn off the router service, I can see messages arriving in the CRMmail@xxx.com box When I turn on the router service, those messages dissapear. No error messages in any Event Viewer logs. SBS and CRM are in the PrivateGroup Th...

Can send but can't receive email
For some unknown reason I stopped receiving emails via windows mail about two weeks ago. I can still send them and I'm not getting any error messages at all. I'm using virgin media with a ntlworld.com email account Has anybody get any idea what I need to do to fix this? Thanks Are you able to see those missing messages via webmail? (http://www.virginmedia.com/webmail/ ) Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Ma...

Email Merge
is there anyway to do a mail merge that creates emails rather than just documents to be printed? I am trying to email a group of my customers but want each to receive a personalized email. Outlook XP. Yes, if you have Office XP (as in, your version of Word is the same as your version of Outlook). Merge to electronic mail. matt wrote: > is there anyway to do a mail merge that creates emails > rather than just documents to be printed? I am trying to > email a group of my customers but want each to receive a > personalized email. Outlook XP. ...

Navigate back from Order to Quote to Opportunity
CRM3.0 stores emails in the History of the related entity (Opp, Quote, Order). When viewing the emails under e.g. Quote or Order xyz we often need to view the emails under the corresponding Opportunity xyz. Currently there is no possbility to jump 'back' from Quote or Order to the Opportunity. You have to go to Sales/Opportunities, type xyz in the Lookup box, click on Opportunity xyz and then on History. Navigating 'forward' from Opportunity to Quote or Order is no problem; these entities are shown in the left hand pane. Any reason why Opp and Quote cannot be shown in th...

Email between computers
My boss works off of a desktop and a laptop, the laptop can not read any of the email that the desktop is showing.........what do I need to do to correct this so that he can work from anywhere and still get all of his emails What type of mail account is being used, eg pop, imap, exhange? Only imap or exchange can sync between the two "blonde needing help" <blonde needing help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CE4E82-6713-4124-8ED5-4FBEE6CF2D7B@microsoft.com... > My boss works off of a desktop and a laptop, the laptop can not read any > of ...

HELP with adding email accounts
I have Outlook 2000 and I am trying to add email accounts for my various businesses. I can add one and the other two give me the error message 0x800ccc0d. I run Windows XP and I am on DSL. Can anyone advise? Hi Wendy, WORKAROUND To work around this problem, use one of the following methods, depending on your situation. Method 1: Confirm that your e-mail server settings are correct For information about the correct settings for your e-mail server, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) or system administrator. Note Some ISPs do not permit message routing through another SMTP ser...

email viruses
I am not sure where to post this question so just send me in the right direction if I am in the wrong place. We are running Exchange 5.5 sp4 on Windows 2000 Server. Do all emails from outside our company server have internet headers? If an email has an internet header does that mean it had to come from outside? What does it mean if there is no ip address in the header. I am trying to narrow down if the infected emails are coming from outside the company or if someone inside is infected. Please excuse my ignorance, any help would be greatly appreciated. ...