Operation failed using contacts in mass email

Hello,
When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting
operation failed in Outlook 2000.
Any help is appreciated.
..

0
anonymous (74718)

How many contacts are you trying to send to ? Might be the ISP limiting you.
Are these a list or direct emails ?

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

"acaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting
> operation failed in Outlook 2000.
> Any help is appreciated.
> .

0
Tedd
1/21/2004 12:18:02 AM
Actually I am trying to send to a group of contacts which
contains over 500 contacts in Exchange 2000 corporate
envirenment. I tried Distribution list but I am limited to
165 contacts only. Any idea..

0
anonymous (74718)
1/21/2004 6:23:15 PM
I am using a contact group which has 400 contacts. It has
nothing to do with the ISP

0
anonymous (74718)
1/21/2004 11:32:31 PM
And these are Active Directory contacts? Have you talked to your Exchange
admin, if you have one?

acaa wrote:
> I am using a contact group which has 400 contacts. It has
> nothing to do with the ISP

0
lanwench (7567)
1/22/2004 4:16:03 AM
They are not contacts from AD, they are personal contacts
from outlook address book not from personal address book
and the Exchange admin said Microsoft has a limit of 150
but the user was able to send to group which has 402 but
not to the ones that 410 and more.

0
anonymous (74718)
1/22/2004 5:59:46 PM
Try breaking the group up in to several smaller ones (alphabetical?) and try
again. I don't think you can change the limit in Outlook.

acaa wrote:
> They are not contacts from AD, they are personal contacts
> from outlook address book not from personal address book
> and the Exchange admin said Microsoft has a limit of 150
> but the user was able to send to group which has 402 but
> not to the ones that 410 and more.

0
lanwench (7567)

Get HD serial number using API
Is there any way to get the HD serial number (or any other data to identify the hard disc) using API from VBA?Thanks in advance for your answers.Regards.Jose Nu´┐ŻezMontevideo ...

Have to send email twice
Hi! I have to send most of my emails twice, as I usually get this message after the first attempt: System Administrator: Undeliverable: (name of email) Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: (email subject) Sent: 11/14/2003 3:37 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '(person sent to)' on 11/14/2003 3:37 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1) What in the world is Outlook 2002 doing? It is willy- nilly, happening more often than not, and always happening i...

Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions
Hi! We deployed Hosted Messaging & Collaboration 3.0 for Hosted Exchange (Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 AD). We have created successfully Reseller and also Business Organization. BUT if we try to create Address List for this Business Org we get error: <response><errorContext description="Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions on LDAP://ad01.ix.netplace.com/cn=mucix GAL,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=netplaceExchange,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=ix,DC=netplace,DC=com Inner: General access denied ...

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

Junk email not working for some emails
The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain people and not others. For instance: johndoe@aol is on my Blocked Senders list but these emails will do not be sent to the Junk E-mail folder. But janedoe@aol.comis on my Blocked Senders list and is automatically moved to the Junk Email folder. And I think it is regardless of the domain. I guess I could create a rule to move them, but why isn't the Junk E-mail feature working for some e-mails? aol@aol.com <aol@aol.com> wrote: > The Junk E-mail feature only works for e-mail that I get from certain > peopl...

Add a nwe mail folder with new email address
I want to add a new folder within the mail area in Outlook 2003. opened up an additional email account with my IP and want that email t go to a seperate main folder in outlook. Under All Mail Folders I'v got Personal Folders and Hotmail as root folders in the area. I wan to add another root folder for my new email only. Thank you, Crai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Apart from special accounts like HTTP and IMAP when you collect POP3 then all mess...

deleting rows automatically using a maco or vba
I have a report that comes to me in Excel 2003. I need to remove the first 3 and last 3 rows. The report in between may vary on the number of rows however. It is basically a repetion I want to forgo. This assumes that col A is filled on the last row: Sub RowRemover() Dim n As Long Dim s As String n = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row s = n - 2 & ":" & n Rows(s).Delete Rows("1:3").Delete End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "outrigger" wrote: > I have a report that comes to me in Excel 2003. I need t...

Inserting names and address from my contacts list
I'm a new user of Office 2003. What programs, or process do i use to produce the following: I need to make a blanket letter and send it to people in my contacts list of Outlook, specific catagory. Some will receive via email, some by mail. I would like to not have to enter every contact into each letter, or address the envelope, manually for each letter. If I need a new program other than Outlook, Word, Publisher, or those included with Outlook 2003, please advise Thanks Mail and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx Send e-mail http://...

Converting a list of email addresss that are in one cell, out horizontilly to all emails in a single column
I have searched for a way to do this, also have ASAP Utilities unable to find a solution. All of the email addresss are seperated by a comma. I'd like the finished list to be all in one column, instead of all in one cell. Thank you for your time! Mike There may be an easier way, but what comes to mind is a two-step process: In Excel help, you can search for "parse", and there are instructions for distributing the contents of a cell into columns. (You don't mention what version of Excel you have, so the exact steps may differ. Help should tell you how.) ...

Easily change smtp servers for all email-accounts
People, I got my laptop with me basically everywhere I go, but I find it totally annoying that I have to change the smtp-server settings for each and every account when wanting to send mail from a different location than the time before. I have about 15 accounts that I regularly recieve email to and ehwn I reply to these I always have to change the smtp-server. Is there a way to fix this easily for all accounts? Best regards, Henning Frettem Oslo, Norway I should probably mention that I run MS Office 2002 SP3 ...

Using Outlook with a VPN
Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to work from home, today one of the employees highlighted a problem with it though. When connected through the vpn, they are unable to access their Outlook emailand insted have to disconnect and then access through a normal dial-up. Any thoughts? Many Thanks Try this. When you get the VPN login screen, choose Properties. On the Options tab, check the box next to Include Windows logon Domain. That helped me. Bob >-----Original Message----- >Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to >work f...

Outlook fails to start after previously loading and shutting down...
When I start Outlook, it loads and runs fine. When I shut it down and restart Outlook, it fails to load. It gives me an hour glass for about 15 seconds then nothing. It will only restart after I reboot Windows XP. Any suggestions? - Chris cfusillo@thepulse.com www.thepulse.net www.thepulse.com ...

OWA login fails with Error: Access is Denied.
We are in the process of moving from one exchange server to another one, but having some troubles with OWA and login. On the first exchange server everything works fine with OWA, but on the second server OWA login fails after three atempts with "Error: Access is Denied." I have tried to compere settings on the two servers, but have not found differences. If I move an account from 2.server to 1.server OWA works, if I move it back OWA stops working. Reading email with Outlook works fine. We have Windows2003Server with sp1 and Exchange 2003 with Sp2 on both servers. The only difference ...

error while using case statement
Hi, I have to modify an existing query as below existing logic: and table.location in (select city from tablename1 where col=col) New logic: Now if the column table.loction' is null then I have to use the below logic select tablename1 CITY from tablename1 , tablename2 where =stn_id and tablename1 .id =tablename2.id if the column table.loction' is not null then i use the existing logic, i.e. and table.location in (select city from tablename1 where col=col) How can I incorporate this in my query. I planned to use a case statement, but I am getting errors in th...

Can't call a sub in a UserForm using Application.Run
I'm having problems calling Public Sub XXX that is in Userform1. Tried Application.Run "Userform1.XXX" but will not work. Works OK if XXX is in a Standard Module, Thanks for any help. Is the userform loaded? You aren't suppose to call user form routine dirrectly. If yo have common code move the macro from the userform to a module and then call the routine.. You can call the common code from a userform, right! -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: 229 View this thread: http://www...

use an UINT member for an edirbox and use it on EN_CHANGE
hi, I have an edit box on a form, I have a UINT member for it and I am going to do some tasks when this edit box changes. I use the member function for the message EN_CHANGE. The problem is when the users deletes all of the character, UpdateData(true) crashes. I changed my member to CString and did the conversion myself. But is there any way to use a UINT member and use it on EN_CHANGE safely ? thanks, behzad Of course, I sit here and smugly say "Of course. Another example of why UpdateData is ALWAYS a Really Bad Idea". Read my essay on Avoiding UpdateData on my MVP Tips site. ...

using dlookup in a query
I'm creating a Bill of Materials using a one-to-many relationship table between InternalPN and ExternalPN. So the query sometimes returns more than one record when an InternalPN is specified, because there are multiple External PN's. I would like to alert the user to this in my query by substituting the word "Multiple" for the ExternalPN. I can find multiples easily enough with the Query Wizard & so have created a separate query called QryPNMultiple. I'm trying to refer to that query in a dlookup statement in my BOM query. I've tried this: Expr1:...

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

Using the FIND feature
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to use the &quot;Find&quot; feature to locate an asterisk that may be located in various cells. There are many cells but only one asterisk in each. For some reason, FIND does not acknowledge the asterisk. Anybody have a solution? Thanks in advance. ...

Contacts under Journal cannot be deleted??
Somehow we have a end user here that has added an entry for his contacts under his Journal in Outlook 2002, I am unsure of how and he is also the same as to how it was placed there? I tried to remove/delete it and it is greyed out and will not allow me to remove. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks Bruce fedyck@pitblado.com ...

Using "&" in header and having it print
How do you enter an "&" in the header under Page Set-up and have it print. Currently the "&" shows up in the set-up screen but does not print. Use two ampersands: && -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "AI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EA7668A-3C93-41AF-88E7-A05569AB610E@microsoft.com... > How do you enter an "&" in the header under Page Set-up and have it print. Currently the "&" shows up in the set-up screen...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

How do I trash HTML links en-masse from a spreadsheet? (msExcel 2002)
Hi Can anyone tell me how to remove a column of cells with hypertext links in them? MS Excel2002. It's driving me nuts! I can remove hypertext links individually (right click and then remove) but if I delete the column of cells that they are in, the f***ing hypertext stays behind! General point: When I have pasted stuff in from an HTML page it seems to be incredibly hard to get rid of this kind of crud. Obviously I *could* create a new spreadsheet and paste the stuff I want in or export the damned thing into CSV or TXT and re-import. But this is all very tiresome. Is there no way to...