Operation Failed Need Help

Using Outlook XP keep getting error message operation failed when I hit
send/receive it switched me to outlook connector setup system still failed
when I tried to send/receive should I delete and reinstall entire office xp

0
s_Brown (5)

s.brown <s_Brown@comcast.net> wrote:

> Using Outlook XP keep getting error message operation failed when I
> hit send/receive it switched me to outlook connector setup system
> still failed when I tried to send/receive should I delete and
> reinstall entire office xp

What type of account?  WHat is the exact text of the error message?  What,
if anything,. appears in the Event log?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Please Help!! Values Not Updating from linked source
I have a problem with a couple of spreadsheets. When I open the master sheet I get the prompt to update or not. If I choose either the values do not get updated. If I open the other spreadsheet that my formula is pulling the data from the values update. Please Help John Whitmer ...

Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions
Hi! We deployed Hosted Messaging & Collaboration 3.0 for Hosted Exchange (Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 AD). We have created successfully Reseller and also Business Organization. BUT if we try to create Address List for this Business Org we get error: <response><errorContext description="Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions on LDAP://ad01.ix.netplace.com/cn=mucix GAL,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=netplaceExchange,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=ix,DC=netplace,DC=com Inner: General access denied ...

Outlook fails to start after previously loading and shutting down...
When I start Outlook, it loads and runs fine. When I shut it down and restart Outlook, it fails to load. It gives me an hour glass for about 15 seconds then nothing. It will only restart after I reboot Windows XP. Any suggestions? - Chris cfusillo@thepulse.com www.thepulse.net www.thepulse.com ...

OWA login fails with Error: Access is Denied.
We are in the process of moving from one exchange server to another one, but having some troubles with OWA and login. On the first exchange server everything works fine with OWA, but on the second server OWA login fails after three atempts with "Error: Access is Denied." I have tried to compere settings on the two servers, but have not found differences. If I move an account from 2.server to 1.server OWA works, if I move it back OWA stops working. Reading email with Outlook works fine. We have Windows2003Server with sp1 and Exchange 2003 with Sp2 on both servers. The only difference ...

What is needed for external OWA access
Hello- I would like to setup the OWA so that users can access it from the internet it works internally by going to http://servername/exchange I would like them to be able to type in http://mail.externaldomain.com/exchange Should be in easy one Ive never set this up before... Thanks! Greg Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/cliaccgde.mspx For external users you just need to make sure that your dns is setup correctly. For example create an A record for mail.externaldomain.com that points to OWA. Nue "Greg M" <GregM@discussions....

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

MX help needed
I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I have a domain hosted with Godaddy. I have our current email server (more of just a tiny little program that doesn't do much) connecting to Godaddy and passing along all usernames and passwords individually to gather mail from the individual accounts. I now have an Exchange 2003 server in-house ready to take it's place. Now this is not my strong suit. I have to modify MX records from Godaddy to point to our new Exchange server. Uhhh... this is where I get lost. Does anyone have any ideas as to a good place to ...

Help needed with reference formula
I have a question and answer database that I am maintaining. Each question has an ID number. Additionally, each answer for the question has other relevant questions linked to that answer. What I want to do is to create a column in this database that will tell me for each question ID, what other questions it's linked to, so when it comes time to change a question or answer, I know which questions to go back to for updates. I will have over 500 questions and answers, so a formula like "COUNTIF" probably won't work. For example, here is a brief overview of the database....

Runtime Error When Opening Help Pane
Everytime open the "Help" window in MS Money i get a Runtime Error. "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 7 Error: Expected ';' " ....when i select "No" to not Debug, it opens up the help window, no problem. but every time i click on a new link inside the help window i get the same runtime error and have to click "No". it's really annoying to have to do this every single time i click on something in the help pane. Can only offer empathy not help on this one since I have been getting the same error through severa...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

HELP: Condition Summing Question
I have 3 columns in a spreadsheet - Language (column A) - Color (column B) - Qty (column C) I want one number which represents the SUM of all Qty, WHERE Language=E AND Color=Red. How can I do that? I'm using the latest version of Excel. Example: *E Red 3 E Yel 4 S Red 4 K Red 5 *E Red 2 The SUM would be 5 (adding the rows with asterick) Thanks! One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A5="E"),--(B1:B5="Red"),C1:C5) Better to use cells to hold the criteria: E1 = E F1 = Red =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A5=E1),--(B1:B5=F1),C1:C5) -- Biff Mic...

Need Help With HQ Reports
I run a HQ with 6 store in Liquor Store environment. Most of the products we order at one store and then distribute to other stores. I am looking for generate a Item report with quantity OH(On Hand) and Quantity Sold for all stores for specific dates. Some time we have vendors put some products on sale and some time of the sale. So we want to take advantage of sale price and plan our Purchase order for specific vendor. I want to see the items from particular vendor with QTY sold and QTY OH. So if some product are qoing of the sale for specific period from vendor so I can stock it for...

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

Need Help with Alpha into Numeric expressions (not ASCII/ANSI/Etc.
Hola everyone, I am trying to convert Alpha into a Numeric response so that depending on what Letter is typed in one field, a Numeric response is returned in another. ex: if A1 = A or B then A3 = 1 if A1 = C or D or E then A3 = 2 if A1 = F or G then A3 = 3 if A1 = H or I or J then A3 = 4 if A1 = K or L then A3 = 5 if A1 = M or N or O then A3 = 6 if A1 = P or Q then A3 = 7 if A1 = R or S or T then A3 = 8 if A1 = U or V then A3 = 9 if A1 = W or X or Y or Z then A3 = 0 (basically a modified telephone keypad) Thanks for any help I would use Vlookup for this. Create a tabl...

Help with Macro looping thru columns
Below is the macro that I currently use and it works well Starting at column(i) it draws a graph with Y axis of column(i) and X axis of column(1) The macro starts of by declaring the value of i -------------------------------------------- Dim i As Integer i = 2 Do While (Not IsEmpty(ActiveSheet.Cells(2, i))) ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Columns(i), PlotBy:=xlColumns ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Sheet1!R2C1:R360C1" i = i + 1 Loop -------------------------------------------- I have a different data set now where I am in...

SetCommState() needs more time by USB-To-Serial bridge
I am using a USB-To-Serial bridge. I have to change the parity setting by calling SetCommState() for sending frame from PC to device. I have noticed that the method SetCommState() needs much more time (80ms) than a ordinary com port. Is there any other method to set parity quickly? ...

I need ten headings instead of nine

Help!!!!
Help! Hey there! I am very new to excel but i have a question that you woul think was simple to solve but for somereason seems very complicated... I need to know how to multiply colums, thats all -- that is, not jus single values but lets say there are two colums A and B and a thir C. Basically i need the Numbers in C to be the product of the numbers in and B. ie, c1=a1Xb1, c2= a2Xb2 etc... down the entire colum so that i automatically calculates this product in the c colum after i add the and B values. How do i do this?????? I am enetering a lot of dat thaty all go by the same s...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

Operator precedence (order of operate) =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2)
Hi, what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) 1- A1+A2 2- A1/A2 3- A3^5 4- A2*A3 Regards. If it were me, I'd put parens in to ensure I get the calculation I want. "Masood Shahab" <masshahab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9d5QwzsFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? > =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) > > 1- A1+A2 > > 2- A1/A2 > > 3- A3^5 > > 4- A2*A3 > > > > Regards. > > > Masood Shahab wrote... &...

Help!! can I recover lost contacts?
I just got a new windows smart phone. My celluar provider was assiting me to preform a sync. of all my contacts. There were no contacts on the phone I preformed the sync and when the sync. was over it wiped out all the comp. contacts in office contacts. The celluar provider said hmmm wonder what caused that. Anyways I think what happened is that the path the sync follows is phone (which was blank) to comp. back to phone. If this is the caseThis tech should of know better, but who am I to blame the only person's fault is mine ,I should of did a PST back up of thoes files....

Need help with ripping!
I'm using windows media player 11. I'm trying to rip a burned cd my friend made for me into my library. I can play the cd, but it doesn't seem like its reading it to rip it. The rip page is just blank, and it won't let me pull up the cd. I've also tried to download the cd straight to my MP3 player, and it just says error when I do that. Does anyone know what is going on and what I can do? its probably a protected disc "Daisy_Lorae" <Daisy_Lorae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6A7D8BD-08DE-4D54-81E1-603DFC8C767E@microsoft....

Help
After updating my Excel spreadsheet I opened Outlook Express and read my email. When I finished, I discovered that I could not close the email window nor could I open any window - everything dead except the mouse pointed!!! Rebooted and everything works. Suggestions please. "Jim" <jrwolfe@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23Pz4LGz5KHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After updating my Excel spreadsheet I opened Outlook Express and read my email. When I finished, I > discovered that I could not close the email window nor could I open any window - eve...

Help with AutoFilter using VBA
Folks, I am completely new to the whole Excel macro/VBA world, though I am pretty spiffy when in comes to Excel. By using lots of Google, I have put together the VBA macro below that actually does work. However, I would like to add code so that the AutoFilter custom parameters are set by default to: Custom, Is Greater Than, 0. How can I accomplish this within this code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Range("C7"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Application.E...