Operation Failed Error Message when Trying to Attach Encrypted File to Message

Outlook 2003 SP1 running on Win XP for Tablet PC.  Tried with Word as the
email editor and without, same result.  Two FAT partitions, no encryption
and one NTSF partition with encryption turned on (it contains all my
documents).

When I create a new email or reply to an email and try to attach a file to
send as an attachment, if the file is encrypted, I receive the error message
"The Operation Failed."  If I unencrypt the file, attaching it works fine.
Also if I right-click the encrypted file from My Computer and chose Send
To - Mail recipient from the menu, it works fine too.  It just won't work
trying to directly attach the encrypted file from within Outlook.

Any thoughts as to how to be able to send encrypted files as attachments
directly from within Outlook?

0
Deb

Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions
Hi! We deployed Hosted Messaging & Collaboration 3.0 for Hosted Exchange (Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 AD). We have created successfully Reseller and also Business Organization. BUT if we try to create Address List for this Business Org we get error: <response><errorContext description="Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions on LDAP://ad01.ix.netplace.com/cn=mucix GAL,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=netplaceExchange,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=ix,DC=netplace,DC=com Inner: General access denied ...

Can I save e-mail from Outlook with attachments as a word doc.
I would like to back up my e-mail with attachments (either single e-mails or several thousand) to a simple word document with attachment for archival. Can this be done. I do not want to backup and restore as I don't any longer need most of the information. ...

DateDiff Error
I have two identical forms, each with a DOB field and an Age field. I'm using the following expression to display the age in each form: =DateDiff("yyyy",[DOB],Now())+Int(Format(Now(),"mmdd")<Format([DOB],"mmdd")) On one form, it works perfectly. In the other form, I get a #Name? error. Why would it work in one form, but not the other? I was wondering if it was a formatting difference for the DOB field, but that isn't it. Thanks for thelp. Never mind, now it works. I don't have a clue why, but it does. Oh well. "Gntlhnd...

Outlook 2002 is trying to send messages off line
When I'm working off line and sending new messages, they're going to Outbox folder. Every couple of minutes Send/Reseive dialog box apears with the message inside: Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004011D): "The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I've checked all settings and have not find the way to fix this problem. Please advise. Sincerely, Gary On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:29:01 -0700, "Gary Uber" <gary.uber@pearlabrasive.com> wrote: >When I'm working off line and ...

Error in COntacts
Hi Somtimes when i entered the contact form through the laptop client I get an error (after some reentering i succeed ) and than some of the crm toolbars are disapperead do you know what is the reason for this error ? the laptop client is doing a lot of troubles - what can I do ... -- Thx, Omry This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08E5_01C737FC.F108CAC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What version of Outlook are you running? What anti-virus add-ins are = you running? Do you have any more in...

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

just terrible excel calculating error, please confirm if you have same result
Hello! I spent many hours trying to understand what's going wrong with one complex financial worksheet. I found very, very strange Excel behaviour. Try to do this: 1. Open new excel workbook 2. Type "99.9" (without ") in A1 cell 3. Type "3" in A2 cell 4. Type "=A1/A2" in A3 cell 5. Type "=(ROUND(A3,1)-A3)" in A4 cell I have result in A4 which is NOT ZERO, and it's not possible result! Because 99.9 / 3 IS EXACTLY 33.3 and 33.3 minus 33.3 IS EXACTLY ZERO! If I enter "=ROUND(A3,1)-A3" result IS zero. If I enter "=(ROUND(A3...

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

Outlook fails to start after previously loading and shutting down...
When I start Outlook, it loads and runs fine. When I shut it down and restart Outlook, it fails to load. It gives me an hour glass for about 15 seconds then nothing. It will only restart after I reboot Windows XP. Any suggestions? - Chris cfusillo@thepulse.com www.thepulse.net www.thepulse.com ...

OWA login fails with Error: Access is Denied.
We are in the process of moving from one exchange server to another one, but having some troubles with OWA and login. On the first exchange server everything works fine with OWA, but on the second server OWA login fails after three atempts with "Error: Access is Denied." I have tried to compere settings on the two servers, but have not found differences. If I move an account from 2.server to 1.server OWA works, if I move it back OWA stops working. Reading email with Outlook works fine. We have Windows2003Server with sp1 and Exchange 2003 with Sp2 on both servers. The only difference ...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

Runtime Error When Opening Help Pane
Everytime open the "Help" window in MS Money i get a Runtime Error. "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 7 Error: Expected ';' " ....when i select "No" to not Debug, it opens up the help window, no problem. but every time i click on a new link inside the help window i get the same runtime error and have to click "No". it's really annoying to have to do this every single time i click on something in the help pane. Can only offer empathy not help on this one since I have been getting the same error through severa...

Can't open attachments with Word as editor
Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 2000. I have a custom form published to a public folder and all is well, except for those users that have Outlook set to use Word as the e-mail editor.. They can see and use the form fine except for one thing...they can't open attachements. The attachment icon is there, but if they right-click on the icon, the only menu choice is copy. Double-click does nothing as well. If they switch the Outlook mail format to NOT use Word, attachments work fine again. Does anyone know the fix for this? Thanks in advance!!! Tyler ...

Send Receive Error #3
5:41 PM 10/8/2007 Microsoft Outlook 2003 stopped sending email. (I receive email messages just fine.) After I choose to send messages from the menu, the program attempts to send a message for � 30 seconds; then I get an error message:"Send Receive Error -- Click Here for Details". Then the error message disappears after about � second -- I cannot get details. How can I fix Outlook? Thank you, Barry Karas P.S. I have Windows XP with SP2. ...

I just posted a message pm cursors and can't find it
I have searched on cursor but I don't see any way of sorting in any meaingful fashion -- Your message is there. Why should you search for a message just posted? You will get a far better experience of newsgroups if you use a proper newsreader instead of that slow and quirky web interface you are using. Outlook Express Newsreader-Setting up http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/newsgroups/setup.asp http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/resources/communities.htm#setupmsnews http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm ...

New mail message give error
Every time I press "New mail message" I got the messages "A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook". If NO is pressed Outlook stop responding. It looks for me as the access is comming from Outlook itself? How can this be corrected? Kind regards What version of OUtlook and are you using Word as the email editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After se...

email keeping trying to send but want to stop it
I have Windows Live mail and tried earlier today to send a file. It wouldn't go because the file was to large. Now it wont stop trying to send the email. I click stop. Then when I click sync to get new mail it starts trying to send it again. How to I cancel this process permantely??? Thanks, Tammy Go Offline (File, Work offline), then open the Outbox folder and delete any messages you see there. Restart Windows Live Mail. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "tambo333" <tambo333@discussions....

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

Excel parsing unicode csv file
I have a unicode csv file, which has text fields within double quotes, that contain carriage returns. When I try to open this in Excel, Excel interprets this as a new cell. How do I fix the csv so that all the text within the double quotes stays in one cell? I should add that when I save it as ANSI, there is no problem with the field discussed below. I also have used the Excel parsing wizard to no avail. "comet61" wrote: > I have a unicode csv file, which has text fields within double quotes, that > contain carriage returns. When I try to open this in Excel, Excel i...

Hide who message is from
I am trying to send multiple emails in Outlook to customers outside of the company, I do not want my name visible nor give them the ability to respond as we are referring them to another source for questions Then just use another name (I believe you have to have something entered at least) and Email address in the account like most people do on the forums. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Marilyn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07b801c40072$e9b0db10$3a01280a@phx.gbl... >I am trying to send multi...

Run time error 1004, General ODBC error
Hi- I've seen other people ask similar questions, but haven't seen an answer. I recorded a macro, and it has run fine dozens of times, but all of a sudden I'm getting a "run time error 1004, general ODBC error" message. When I go to debug, it shoes me the line: ..Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False I don't know how to program in the macro language, I just recorded this. I've searched all over the net for an answer, but have never found one, other than the suggestion that perhaps the worksheet I'm searching is too large (but no solution was proposed). Thanks!...

External program/file/task opening/running from Outlook Calendar
Hello: Suppose I create a "New Appointment" in Outlook Calendar (and set an appointment reminder as well). What I would like to do is automatically run/open some program/file (say, an existing PDF document) come the (reminder) time. Is there any way this sort of automation can be enabled in Outlook? Thank you in advance for any tips or suggestions. ...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

Rule for attachments
Hello, I need to create rule for incoming mails, which will move mails with special attachments to some subfolder in mailbox. This rule should be based on attachment's name. Is it possible in Outlook or should I use some additional software? Best regards, Jacek Tatanka <jacekh_removethis@interia.pl> wrote: > I need to create rule for incoming mails, which will move mails with > special attachments to some subfolder in mailbox. This rule should be > based on attachment's name. > Is it possible in Outlook or should I use some additional software? The latter, sinc...

catch(...)
Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to get the exception message from the catch_all exception handler ? try { //expection code } catch(...) { how to get the exception message?? } thanks in advance thanvir ...