Operation Failed #5

Lately, when using Microsoft Outlook 2002, I get
an "operation failed" message after clicking on the
Send/receive icon.
0
anonymous (74719)

Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions
Hi! We deployed Hosted Messaging & Collaboration 3.0 for Hosted Exchange (Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 AD). We have created successfully Reseller and also Business Organization. BUT if we try to create Address List for this Business Org we get error: <response><errorContext description="Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions on LDAP://ad01.ix.netplace.com/cn=mucix GAL,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=netplaceExchange,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=ix,DC=netplace,DC=com Inner: General access denied ...

Can I have two Internet Mail Services in one Exchange 5.5 Organiza
Hello, My current environment consists of 6 mailbox servers and one server hosting the internet mail service (Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000). I need to use one of the 6 mailbox servers for a product that will need to route outbound mail to another server for other secure outbound services while the other 5 servers route to the current internet mail service. Is this possible? Can I add a secondary internet mail service just for this one server? I am not able to find any knowledge base articles for assistance. Thanks in advance! On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0700, "exadm" &l...

Event 9318 Code 1722 when migrating Exchange 5.5 to 2003
We are in the process of migrating Exchange 5.5 (NT) to Exchange 2003 (2003). Both Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 are running in parallel at the moment and we are in the process of testing it. When these servers are running in parallel, we observed message delivery slowed down. For example, if I got 50 for my inbox, my Outlook client might get 10 of them first, and after a while, all the rest will get delivered. When checking the Exchange 5.5 server event log, got Event 9318 with code 1722 every 10 minutes. We did ping -a from both server to each other and observed no problem, we also use RP...

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

OWA login fails with Error: Access is Denied.
We are in the process of moving from one exchange server to another one, but having some troubles with OWA and login. On the first exchange server everything works fine with OWA, but on the second server OWA login fails after three atempts with "Error: Access is Denied." I have tried to compere settings on the two servers, but have not found differences. If I move an account from 2.server to 1.server OWA works, if I move it back OWA stops working. Reading email with Outlook works fine. We have Windows2003Server with sp1 and Exchange 2003 with Sp2 on both servers. The only difference ...

Outlook fails to start after previously loading and shutting down...
When I start Outlook, it loads and runs fine. When I shut it down and restart Outlook, it fails to load. It gives me an hour glass for about 15 seconds then nothing. It will only restart after I reboot Windows XP. Any suggestions? - Chris cfusillo@thepulse.com www.thepulse.net www.thepulse.com ...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

In regards to secure administration of Exchange 5.5 server...
I would like to limit the amount of power some of my administrators currently have in the Exchange environment I manage. A situation arose where one of the administrator was accessing other user's mailboxes for non-business reasons. Therefore, I would like to ask those of you who have dealt with this type of issue what recommendations you may have? I feel that my location should centrally administer Exchange and any of the other sites should come to us for support. This is an added level of support for us, but security is of utmost importance in my environment, thus my proposal. Any o...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

Operator precedence (order of operate) =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2)
Hi, what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) 1- A1+A2 2- A1/A2 3- A3^5 4- A2*A3 Regards. If it were me, I'd put parens in to ensure I get the calculation I want. "Masood Shahab" <masshahab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9d5QwzsFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? > =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) > > 1- A1+A2 > > 2- A1/A2 > > 3- A3^5 > > 4- A2*A3 > > > > Regards. > > > Masood Shahab wrote... &...

Newsreader #5
I am using Outlook 2002. I used to open the Outlook Express newsreader when I clicked the "View/Go to/News buttons. Outlook would open directly to the newsreader. For some reason, it opens to Outlook Express, and I have to select through to get the newsreader. Is there some way I can restore this feature, so I open the newsreader through Outlook 2002? reggie2 cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > I am using Outlook 2002. I used to open the Outlook Express newsreader when > I clicked the "View/Go to/News buttons. Outlook would open directly to the > newsreader. ...

Sending Email #5
HELP!!!! I need help sending email through a HP router on a home network system. I am running XP pro. My ISP is Sympatico HIgh Speed (DSL). The modem works fine on its own, to send email. However once set up on the network, I can receive email, NOT send What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? Do you get any errors when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017f01c3cf15$...

You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.
Do you know why is the following message appearings "You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.Please try again later". I have nothing running in the background. I am trying to import a file by downloading from the web and then clicking "Open" button. Some activity is in process, either the one you initiated or another one Money piggy-backed on your request. Money does some auto-processing on imported files, trying to match the file transactions to existing Money transactions. It doesn't let you make any transac...

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed
I seem to be getting this error from the client side of Headquarters quite often, and I can't seem to find any solution online. The MessageBox also says: "(Unhandled Error, state = '7')" Seems to me this could possibly be a programming error, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Or, does anyone know if this is a problem that they haven't dealt with yet, or at least whether this is a problem I'm supposed to deal with or they are supposed to deal with? "Cribstoteens" wrote: > I seem to be getting this error from t...

Printing from the Store Operations Journal
I am trying to print from the store operation manager journal. When I go to print I get a message indicating that: "An error occured while trying to print to the specified printer. Please make sure that you have a printer installed and that it is properly configured before continuing." I get this if I: Click the Print button Click the Page Setup button Press Alt-P (per the help file) I am running RMS 2.0 with SP2 currently installed. Earlier today I had SP3 installed. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and SP2. I am a tech support person and do no...

DFL 2003 AD and Exchange 5.5 Admin console
I have a DFL 2003 AD Domain, with Exchange 5.5. When switching to DFL 2K3 I left the nt4emulator key present so that 2K machines would still see it as an NT domain. Since raising the Domain and Forest levels have nothing to do with clients it was successful. I know that eventually it will need to be removed, however everything works fine. There is a problem on my admin PC's that have the Neutralize NT4 Emulator keys. My Exchange 5.5 administrator is painfully slow. When I create a new domain account and then create a mailbox in Ex5.5 it takes about 30 minutes for the account to po...

Money 2004 illegal operation error
Hi, Recently, about a week ago, whenever I close my Money 2004 program I get an illegal operation error as follows; MSN has caused an invalid page fault in Kernel32.dll at 0167:bff9db61. I have checked everywhere I can think of to find the problem with no results. This only occurs when I close the program. Sometimes when I click close on the error message it goes away and I can continue normally, other times the error message just keeps popping right back and I have to reboot to get rid of it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I am using Windows 98se and IE 6.0. T...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Domain Rights
Silly question... Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange server. If possible, please provide a M$ link. thanks, FastEddie On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:43:05 -0500, "FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote: >Silly question... > >Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems >like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange >server. Nope. In fact, it is recommended that it not be a d...

questionable operation
I have a user with an installation of Windows 2000, Office 2000 with all the latest service packs. Opening Excel first and then opening a .XLS file works as designed. Opening anything else, either from a shortcut or the actual file ends up with not only that file open but a 'Book1' file open as well. Also being opened this way if any change is made to the original file and an attempt to Exit (not just close the file) is made...it asks the usual "Do you want to save changes" message...but then it does not close the file. Both 'Book1' and the original file remain open. ...

Snap-in Failed to load
New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment manager, CRM security is running i have restarted the service i have even rebooted the server. But i still keep getting the snap-in error now. All of the services are running that should be.... any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! I figured it out, I stupidly disabled the admin acct. within the CRM >-----Original Message----- >New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored >great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment >mana...

Dexerity Shared Components 10 install fail with GP 10.0
The Dexterity® Shared Components 10.0 fails to install if Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 is installed on the computer. Fix - Unistall Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 and run disc again ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

worksheets #5
is there a way to arrange worksheets in alphabetical order? See your other thread in worksheet.functions. Please do not multi-post -- Regards, Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "lynn" <lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0C47206-CEE8-4375-9F6D-92977D3946D4@microsoft.com... > is there a way to arrange worksheets in alphabetical order? > You can click and drag them by the tabs and move them to their rightful locations--or you co...

cannot complete operation
Hi! am trying to change text in a navigation bar, smart object. For no apparent reason it says "Publisher cannot complete this operation." What is that all about? and Thanks so much. Lindy what version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? We are not mind readers!!! -- ...