opening word attachment in print format instead of reading format

0
6.0 (1)

"New to Outlook 6.0" <New to Outlook 6.0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7A82DBB2-DFE3-4D2F-A6AA-B628ECA7E370@microsoft.com...

Not an Outlook issue.  Ask in a Word group.  But then you would need to
*ask* a question rather than issue a declarative statement.

"New to Outlook 6.0" <New to Outlook 6.0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7A82DBB2-DFE3-4D2F-A6AA-B628ECA7E370@microsoft.com...

Prevent reading layout view from opening automatically when you receive a
Word document in e-mail: On the Tools menu, click Options, click the General
tab, and then clear the Allow starting in Reading Layout check box.

Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.
"New to Outlook 6.0" <New to Outlook 6.0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7A82DBB2-DFE3-4D2F-A6AA-B628ECA7E370@microsoft.com...

0
MillyS (3228)

Transferring column width format from a worksheet?
To be specific, I will describe the situation for an address/telephone spreadsheet. This sheet will columns of various widths. One for area code needs only ton handle three digit entries while the basic number needs eight characters if you include the hyphen. A street address could be fairly long, 20 characters or more. A state code needs only two. If I want another sheet with the same column widths as one I like, how can you transfer the column width formatting? Paste Special format does not seem to transfer column widths. Bill -- An old man would be better off never having been bor...

email attachments 12-02-04
I'm unable to attach in photos, orshare any using msn9, but can open explorer and do that from there. It says its been blocked. How do I unblock this. I have to stop and open IE to send anyphotos what so ever. ...

audio notes in Word Notebook
I have recorded an audio file using Word Notebook. I would like to send the audio file to co-workers but they cannot seem to open it. Any ideas Are your co-workers using Word 2004? Only Word 2004 can open documents in Notebook Layout view and use the special features like audio, I think. However, you could use Tools | Audio Notes | Export audio to get just the audio file out, I think it comes out as an .mp4 Then send that around, it should be a standard format that most any audio program can play, far as I know. On 9/14/06 11:09 AM, "healy@parentchoice.org" wrote: > I h...

Publisher 2000

Conversion from Publisher to Word
Hi; Can anyone tell me how to convert a Publisher document to Word? I don't have Publisher and my girlfriend's resume was created in it. I tried using Word 2000 to change it, but didn't see any options in the pull down menu for Publisher. If you don't have Publisher, you are hosed. There are no other programs that will open a Publisher file. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open a Publisher file. There are no Publisher viewers for any version available. -- ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Can I prevent a worksheet from printing?
Can I prevent a worksheet from printing? I have 3 worksheets in the file; one of which is calculations that I don't want to print if Entire Workbook is selected to print. You could set the print area on the calculations sheet to one empty cell. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "maarkr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cf1601c469de$96e78cf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Can I prevent a worksheet from printing? | I have 3 worksheets in the file; one of which is | calculations that I don't want to print if Entire Workbook | is selected to print. Possib...

opening links in outlook

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Word forces Save As when Saving
I have had this happen quite a few times since using Word 2007 (Office 2007 suite) over the last 1+ years . At some point while working in a Word document, I press Ctrl-S to save and instead of saving the doc as usually happens, the Save As dialog comes up and I am forced to save the document with another name. This is very, very frustrating and completely interrupts my workflow because after saving with a new name, I have to close the document, delete the original so I can rename the saved-as doc with the right name. This seems to happen when I've been working in the sam...

Attaching hyperlinks in emails
When attaching files or hyperlinks to email, I select the paperclip from the toolbar, select the file, and on the insert button at the bottom right there is a drop down menu which lists Insert, Insert as text, Insert as attachment, and Insert as Hyperlink. I have another computer that lists only the first two options. How do I add the other options to this drop down list? >-----Original Message----- >There are three message formats (HTML, Rich Text and >Plain Text), "Insert as Hyperlink" is only available for >Rich Text format, when you create a new mail the for...

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

conditional formatting
I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so columns "A-T" highlight red and set-up so all rows 1-400 are formatted when column "A" is true? I have tried and cannot get it to work...thanks Joe First select A1:T400, then use CF of =$A1 Bob Umlas Excel MVP "joe@malvern" wrote: > I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" > and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

printing PDF417 barcode
I am using pos.net to print PDF417 barcode. How do I resize the barcode in my .NET desktop application(windows xp)? ...