Opening E-Mails saved with OE

My Company recently switched over from Outlook Express to Outlook.
Over the past couple of years employees have been saving .eml files in
various folders on the file server. Is there any way to convert these
files to Outlook format(.msg)  so that they can be read and forwarded
using Outlook 2000.

Thank you,
Josh
0
joshspier (1)

First import them in Outlook Express again and the export them from within
OE into Outlook.
Note that the eml-files can also be opened in a text-editor like Notepad.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tip of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar

Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
-----
"josh" <joshspier@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Company recently switched over from Outlook Express to Outlook.
> Over the past couple of years employees have been saving .eml files in
> various folders on the file server. Is there any way to convert these
> files to Outlook format(.msg)  so that they can be read and forwarded
> using Outlook 2000.
>
> Thank you,
> Josh

0
Roady
2/12/2004 6:55:43 PM
You could consider importing the .eml files in OE first (from the file
server), then use the Import feature in Outlook to get them from OE.

dOinK

"josh" <joshspier@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Company recently switched over from Outlook Express to Outlook.
> Over the past couple of years employees have been saving .eml files in
> various folders on the file server. Is there any way to convert these
> files to Outlook format(.msg)  so that they can be read and forwarded
> using Outlook 2000.
>
> Thank you,
> Josh

0
tvanvik1 (2)
2/12/2004 6:56:08 PM
Better export from within OE to keep the original date and time.

--

"dOinK" <tvanvik@onli--remove--ne.no> wrote in message
> You could consider importing the .eml files in OE first (from the file
> server), then use the Import feature in Outlook to get them from OE.
>
> dOinK
>
> "josh" <joshspier@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > My Company recently switched over from Outlook Express to Outlook.
> > Over the past couple of years employees have been saving .eml files in
> > various folders on the file server. Is there any way to convert these
> > files to Outlook format(.msg)  so that they can be read and forwarded
> > using Outlook 2000.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Josh

0
Roady

E-mails ending up in the right mailbox
Greetings. I have the office using Exchange 2003. I have a couple of users that need to be able to not only view another user's mailbox, but they also need to be able to send/receive e-mail for both users they monitor, and the mail needs to go to each mailbox respectively. For example, I have an Admin account that also has a mailbox for it. When I log into Admin, I open Outlook 97, and from there I also have Admin2's mailbox open as well. I can send e-mail as either Admin or Admin2, and all replies go to the appropriate mailbox, so that setup works great. I have another situation...

Encrypted e-mails
We have one of our customers whom requires all e-mails sent between our organization and theirs be encrypted. I have created Digital IDs for the users who deal with this customer. My question is the following: Is there a way to have a server based rule (Exchange Server 5.5) that will take an inbound encrypted message to one user and then forward it to another user (internal) without any encryption? Basically if one of our employees is out of the office we would like to be about to forward their e-mail to another employee. The issue is with the encrypted e-mail, the employee is not about t...

Send mail to secondary email address
Hello, Is it possible to send an email to the secondary email address of a CRM contact? If a customer wants a email from us to his business and private mail address, we do not want to create two contacts for that. Instead we would like to enter the private as secondary email address (3 mail fields are available out of the box) and put that in the CC. The problem is, that the mailaddres is "parsed" to the contact, so the mail gets to the primary again. Is there a way to force CRM to send to the primary and cc to the secondary (or even ONLY to the secondary?) What else would the se...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Outlook Mail Editor Does Not Close When Outlook Closes
Config: WIN2K & Outlook 2K with latest service packs. Word is my email editor. When I close Outlook the WINWORD.EXE process continues to run. (There are no open email messages when I close Outlook.) If I subsequently open Word it will not to print because it says a default printer does not exist. If I stop the WINWORD.EXE process in the Task Manager before launching Word it prints fine. I couldn't find an applicable Knowledge Base article for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Geary ...

Save as comma csv problems
Hello, I hace Excel 2002. I have near 6000 addresses and contacts and wish to save the xls to a comma csv. I have done that before and then imported the comma csv into my membership program were it says 'import comma csv'. The problem is that some (300 odd) of the records are not imported correctly. I think this maybe because here are some commas in some of the fields eg 24 my street, whatever. Would that be the cause, and if so how can I get rid of all the commas? Many thanks rock I bet it's the way that your membership program works. I'd try this against a copy ...

Problem trying to open old money file

looking for help in delaying the sending of e-mail...
....without using rules. What I'm trying to figure out, to little avail, is how to have e-mail that I've composed and am sending out held in the Outbox until I manually send it, as in by hitting F9. Microsoft insists on making me set up a rule, whereby I specify a set number of minutes it will stay in the Outbox before automatically sending it. But doing so this way prevents me from then going into the Outbox and overriding the rule by simply hitting F9. Do I have to resort to writing only drafts? Please help! What about just setting up Outlook not to automatically send/receiv...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

My windows Mail
When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com "Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your mail server." There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok". I then get an error message: "account: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no, server error: 0x800ccc90, error number...

how to refuse mails from invalid acount ?
Hi ! Every day, we received many spams messages. The message senders are inexistants users of our domain (for example, if we are owner of a domain called "domain.com", we can received spams from a user called "biddon@domain.com" althrought there is no user called biddon on our domain). It is possible to automaticaly refuse messages from users that does not exist on the "domain.com" domain ? We use exchange 5.5 Thank you. You have two options 1) If you know the intended recipients of the undeliverable inbound emails then you can create an empty DL and as...

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Mail from Mac
We have a problem. I think our Exchage Server 5.5 delete the content of the mail sent from a Mac computer. Anyone who know why this happens?? ...

Can't see 100MB of mail
I have a user who started receiving mailbox over the size limit messages. I checked Exchange System manager and the mailbox was at 108MB which is indeed over our set limits. The user claimed that he had deleted everything from his mailbox. I opened an Outlook profile, checked folder size and it said his mailbox was < 1MB. I manually looked at all the folders and the mailbox did not have a lot of data in it. I moved the mailbox from one mail store to another on the same Exchange 2000 server, ESM still showed 108MB. I used exmerge on the mailbox and the resulting PST was < 1MB...

EXCEL Files open Slow