open a web page in Outlook

Happy Holidays!

I am working on a project that involves opening web pages in outlook. We
have couple public folders that have default web pages. The interesting is
that all of them open ok in browser but some would not open in outlook. in
particular, the ones with https are most common not to open.

Any ideas why is this happening??? We are running office XP and some users
have service packs and some don't. Service pack version seams to be
irrelevant.

George

0
haubica (32)

do the https ones set cookies? There seems to be a problem with sites that
require cookies.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Happy Holidays!
>
> I am working on a project that involves opening web pages in outlook. We
> have couple public folders that have default web pages. The interesting is
> that all of them open ok in browser but some would not open in outlook. in
> particular, the ones with https are most common not to open.
>
> Any ideas why is this happening??? We are running office XP and some users
> have service packs and some don't. Service pack version seams to be
> irrelevant.
>

> George

0
dianenws (1904)
12/26/2003 6:16:57 PM
the interesting thing is if I type the address in the address bar in outlook
it works. The only time that it does not work is if I try to open the public
folder.

George

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> do the https ones set cookies? There seems to be a problem with sites that
> require cookies.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> "George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Happy Holidays!
> >
> > I am working on a project that involves opening web pages in outlook. We
> > have couple public folders that have default web pages. The interesting
is
> > that all of them open ok in browser but some would not open in outlook.
in
> > particular, the ones with https are most common not to open.
> >
> > Any ideas why is this happening??? We are running office XP and some
users
> > have service packs and some don't. Service pack version seams to be
> > irrelevant.
> >

> > George

0
haubica (32)
12/26/2003 6:46:49 PM
Does it work if you set the page as a folder home page for any other
folders, including the current Outlook Today page or for a folder in the
mailbox? The folders use different security settings - see
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;249972 for more information.

--

> the interesting thing is if I type the address in the address bar in
> outlook
> it works. The only time that it does not work is if I try to open the
> public
> folder.
>
> George
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
>> do the https ones set cookies? There seems to be a problem with sites
>> that
>> require cookies.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
>> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:
>>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30
>>
>> "George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Happy Holidays!
>> >
>> > I am working on a project that involves opening web pages in outlook.
>> > We
>> > have couple public folders that have default web pages. The interesting
> is
>> > that all of them open ok in browser but some would not open in outlook.
> in
>> > particular, the ones with https are most common not to open.
>> >
>> > Any ideas why is this happening??? We are running office XP and some
> users
>> > have service packs and some don't. Service pack version seams to be
>> > irrelevant.
>> >

>> > George

0
dianenws (1904)

Outlook will not connect
I have just purchased a new HP computer with Vista and also Office 2007. I cannot get Outlook to work. Upon clicking on the icon I get a blue page with the message “The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.” Then a popup asking for server and mailbox info. I have filled this in and pressed ok. I get a message- “Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.ost is not a offline folder file.” I can get no help online or anywhere else. Can you help? Many thanks, Jo...

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

Hyperlinks and outlook
Everytime I press a hyperlink, outlook express starts, but I want outlook 2000 to start instead, how do I change that? I already changed it on the control panel + internet options, and have it pointing to outlook 2000 but still launches outlook express. Any ideas? See if the tip in the first highlighted section of the following article works for you: http://www.slipstick.com/config/defaultmailer.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:8S5Ab.14154$...

Print content of several sheets on one page
Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? Excel only print what you see i think. so you have do some thing outside the box. like maybe put paper back in printer or copy ranges to a new sheet that you dont keep but just for print. some people copy and paste pictures of ranges that they want next to others just for print too. "Åse" <se@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F9CF89A-1EDE-4D2A-9E6F-AC0C916428A7@microsoft.com... | Can I print the content of several sheets on one page? ...

Outlook 2000 won't start
After fighting spyware for 2 days last week, Outlook 2K has stopped running on a Win2K machine. I can see the calendar & appointments when starting, but an immediate error pops up that says "Operation Failed" then the program crashes. We've tried the inbox repair tool (no problems found), uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, command line Outlook safe mode. It still won't start. Possibly related problem: in Control Panel | Mail... we can't pull up the profile. When Mail is clicked, nothing happens, so we can't edit, delete or add a profile. Any suggesti...

Publisher 2000

Outlook Calander #3
Does anybody know if there is a way to have Outlooks calendar display the month with "full squares" for Sat and Sun just like other days of the week in the month display mode. I have a lot going on the weekends. Having Sat/Sun as one "square" makes it difficult to read. I cannot see any way to do this from the buttons menu. I am using Office Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance right click on the calendar and choose other settings - untick the compress weekend days option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNo...

opening links in outlook

Outlook Mail Editor Does Not Close When Outlook Closes
Config: WIN2K & Outlook 2K with latest service packs. Word is my email editor. When I close Outlook the WINWORD.EXE process continues to run. (There are no open email messages when I close Outlook.) If I subsequently open Word it will not to print because it says a default printer does not exist. If I stop the WINWORD.EXE process in the Task Manager before launching Word it prints fine. I couldn't find an applicable Knowledge Base article for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Geary ...

Problem trying to open old money file

Outlook 2003 / No line wrapping
Hi, first of all: Couldn't find a solution after doing some googling. My problem is: Automatic line wraps don't happen. No, it's certainly not the "Remove extra line breaks" option being checked. I write my emails in plain/text, the only line breaks that appear in a message's source code are those inserted manually. The default setting of wrapping lines at 76 characters is set and I don't see any option to completely disable / enable line wrapping, so I'm a bit at a loss. Yes, it's definetly not a problem of the (different) MUAs used for viewing these em...

make the first page smaller
Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? In <4BEA43EF-2808-4BA2-B21C-A91A0ED0A9A2@microsoft.com> svende wrote: > Haw can i make the fist page not so broad as page 3 and 4? > Can't handle different size pages in same doc. make it the same size then trim it later. oh...page 1 can not be smaller than page 2 unless they are on different piece of paper (normally p2 is on back of p1). ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

How to retrive web page title ?
Hello there I'm using CHttpFile and CInternetSession classed to download file from web. How can I find the title of any html file by using HtpQueryInfo method ? I could find cntent type and other information using some flags of HttpQueryInfo method, Which flag should I use to retrive web page title ? ...

Outlook 2003 stops writing
when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system and interrups writing for a few seconds. The marker disappears and there is no memory of the keys used. It happens both with the built-in keyboard on my laptop as well as when I use an externa keyboard. Vista Premium. -- gunsan That is more likely to be a problem with win, or your hardware "gunsan" <gunsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D556-4482-4179-B34A-8B97BB8E7B3D@microsoft.com... > when writing the text the keyboard seems to lose contact with the system > and > ...

Need an open house sign in sheet

Outlook Connector move to new pc 03-10-10
Hello I've been using outlook connector for hotmail with outlook 2007, and now I got a new PC and don't want to sync everything all over, OST file is 900MB so that's a lot of download time I configured my email again on the new PC and that created a new OST file and the common sense to do is to replace the new file with my old one and things should work, but that didn't happen I know I can move all the emails to a PST and import that but then I'll end up with duplicates since outlook connector will sync them again anyway Is there any way to move an old OST fil...

Outlook Profiles #2
Hello, Is it possible to open two Outlook profiles at the same time? If so, how?! Thanks No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Rodney <rodneyregistered@comcast.net> asked: | Hello, | Is it possible to open two Outlook profiles at the same | time? If so, how?! | | Thanks ...

Publishing CRM Web
I have a client, customer, that I service for their network & IT administration of Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and about 15 workstations on a LAN and two remote offices with 4 remote clients that currently vpn in to work. About a year ago, we contracted with outsource consultant to install MS CRM 1.2 on the small business server. A few months ago, said consultant upgraded the customer to CRM 3.0. The customer purchased a new Windows Server 2K3 R2, which I installed and setup as a member server in the current domain. I then installed the necessary components for consu...

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links