Ootlook 2002 (XP) on Windows XP - Profile prompt

I have outlook 2002 and after machine reboot when I first do a send/receive
in Outlook it prompts (on a popup that remains in the background so you have
to go looking for it) for which profile to use.  I only have one profile on
the machine and it's set as the default.

Is there any way to stop outlook prompting.

Regards
--
Please reply to the newsgroup and not to my email address.

0
bpd1 (1)

Control Panel->mail icon->show profiles->always use this profile.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Barry <bpd@bigpond.com> asked:

| I have outlook 2002 and after machine reboot when I first do a
| send/receive in Outlook it prompts (on a popup that remains in the
| background so you have to go looking for it) for which profile to
| use.  I only have one profile on the machine and it's set as the
| default.
|
| Is there any way to stop outlook prompting.
|
| Regards
| --
| Please reply to the newsgroup and not to my email address.

0
MillyS1 (1480)
8/25/2003 5:14:37 AM
I'd already done htis, but still get prompted.

Any other ideas ?

Cheers

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Control Panel->mail icon->show profiles->always use this profile.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> Barry <bpd@bigpond.com> asked:
>
> | I have outlook 2002 and after machine reboot when I first do a
> | send/receive in Outlook it prompts (on a popup that remains in the
> | background so you have to go looking for it) for which profile to
> | use.  I only have one profile on the machine and it's set as the
> | default.
> |
> | Is there any way to stop outlook prompting.
> |
> | Regards
> | --
> | Please reply to the newsgroup and not to my email address.

Did that, but still the same, still prompting to select a profile (even
though there is only one, and it's set as the default).

> Create a new profile.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> Barry <DoNotUse@bigpond.com> asked:
>
> | I'd already done htis, but still get prompted.
> |
> | Any other ideas ?
> |
> | Cheers
> |
> | "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> || Control Panel->mail icon->show profiles->always use this profile.
> || --�
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> || After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> || Barry <bpd@bigpond.com> asked:

Archiving files in Money 2002 Deluxe & Business
Has anyone been successful in archiving their money files as outlined in Microsoft Money 2003 for Dummies? If so, please tell me what I must be doing wrong or point me to your reference source. Thank-you. Many, many users have never archived and have no intent to start now. Others swear by it. I'm in the former camp. "Ron" <cmcelva@d20.co.edu> wrote in message news:047701c36526$58054990$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone been successful in archiving their money files > as outlined in Microsoft Money 2003 for Dummies? If so, > please tell me what I must be doi...

Publisher 2002.
Hi all, I just made a flyer in Publisher 2002 and I wanted to review it at work. It will not open. I had a friend try it at home and it still will not open. It works fine in my home computer. The OS at home is WinXP and at work is Win2000 Pro. How can I view it on another computer and print it? Is there somesort of protection? Incidently, I had a logo inserted in the flyer made in photoshop. Could this be the problem? I am about to try removing the photoshop created logo in my next attempt but I somehow doubt if that will help me print it from a different com[puter. Any suggestions or help p...

Outlook 2002 address book "contact"
I would like to create a text file with the addresses from within my contact list so that I could send to my staff. How can this be done? File | Import and Export | Export to a file Choose either the tab separated values (makes a TXT file) or the comma separated values (makes a CSV file). From there, just follow the prompts. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Gary Campbell" <gcampbel@ccs.k12.in.us> wrote in message news:12a9f01c3c0b7$4c5a72...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #2
I'm running Windows XP Pro w/ Office XP Pro thus Outlook 2002. How can I separate my email from my daughters email? We are both set up w/ our own email addresses, however, when I view my email I can read her mail and vice versa. We both have our own logons and passwords to get into XP. Any ideas? Thanks Do you have different email accounts though each with their own unique user name and password, if the email to you and your daughter is delivered to the same POP3 mailbox then you will need to separate them by contacting your ISP. "Rob" <robcohen@emcc.biz> wrote i...

How to obtain patched Windows Mail dlls from Microsoft
Recently a patch (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978542) was released = that addressed a security issue in Windows Mail. Those using Windows = Mail in Windows 7 found that Windows Mail no longer functioned properly, = as they had hacked the program by replacing the msoe.dll file with one = from Vista, thereby de-crippling Windows Mail so it would then function = as client application. When the update was applied, the hacked msoe.dll = was replaced by a new Windows 7 version of the dll, which again crippled = Windows Mail. The obvious solution was to replace the dll with the Vista ...

XP Themes on Forms
Sorry to re-post this, but I still need a little assistance. "thatsalok" <thatsalok@NO_gmail.com_I_DONT_NEED_SPAM> wrote in message news:%23hl9kRlFFHA.2508@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > You need to Enable Xp theme in your Appliation look for more info here > http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3101831 > > > -- > > With Regards > Alok Gupta > Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com > > "I think this will Help" > "axis" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message > news:E42dndp3Y8E8KYvfRVn-ig@com...

Money 2002: transaction downloads & billpay
Hello, Is anyone out there still successfully using Money 2002 with transaction downloads and billpay? I recall reading some folks who had trouble using M02 with those features. As I remember there were some banks who announced that they would no longer support M02. And then you couldn't d/l transactions into M02 or pay bills anymore. Am I just imagining this problem or is it real? I'm considering "downgrading" to M02 (from M04) in anticipation of my upcoming deadline to lose transaction downloads and billpay. My M02 CD has a crack in it so I can't use it anymore. ...

Printing issues after installing Win XP SP2 #2
Has anybody had any printing issues after installing Windows Xp SP2? When running GP 7.5 on a PC, the PC cannot find the default printer in GP. Plus when I setup the printer as a named printer, the printer will show processing job but nothing will print. Any solutions to my problems. Thank you for reading this inquiry and for the possible solutions Ruben I am new to my company, so I don't know how long they have been on XP SP2, but I have consistently intermittent printing problems. GP hangs during the print window dialogue and has to be closed. Did you ever find a solution?...

Outlook 2002 Crashes when Run by Second User
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C41D80.8EE099C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a 2-user system (plus the Guest and Administrator accounts). = Both users are administrators. After a system boot, one user can run Outlook 2002 successfully. Then, = it doesn't matter whether that user closes Outlook or leaves it active; = nor does it matter whether the second user logs on via "switch user" or = if the first user logs off; but when the second user runs Outlook, i...

change language of windows xp operating
my son opened his computer and set up windws xp but accidentally chose french as the install language. We want english. any way to change this? "Flambard" <Flambard@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:A8227556-0483-4B25-9A52-BF8AE6330E22@microsoft.com... > my son opened his computer and set up windws xp but accidentally chose > french > as the install language. We want english. any way to change this? You have to restore the machine to factory condition, then repeat the installation process. ...

Excel XP saving to Excel 2K format.
I am trying to save a modified excel sheet as a Office 2K version (that is what the client is using) but I get a "Document Not Saved" error with no help available. Does anyone have a clue as to how to save it as an older version? ";-\)" <james.holland@comcast.net> wrote: >I am trying to save a modified excel sheet as a Office 2K version (that is >what the client is using) but I get a "Document Not Saved" error with no >help available. > >Does anyone have a clue as to how to save it as an older version? > Excel XP and 2000, as well as ...

RAM & Windows 7
I am looking forward to buy a netbook with windows 7 ; I�ve seen lots of configurations for Notebooks and Desktops , going from 2GB to 8 GB RAM Of course more RAM is ok ; The thing is I want an acceptable computer , and the most I�ve seen announced is 2 GB RAM I know it will probably run Windows 7 ; but is 2 GB an acceptable number ? Supposing a buy a computer with a Core 2 Duo processor and having in mind that I don�t care for games or graphics at all is the above configuration OK ? Thanks a lot "cbcb52" wrote in message ne...

Is there a way to import all settings/folders/rules from OE to Ootlook
Because of work, I need to change my mail service from OE to Outlook. Is there a way, or a program I can buy that will transfer all settings, folders, rules and so forth to outlook......Many many thanks for your help..............Peter PeterM <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote: > Because of work, I need to change my mail service from OE to > Outlook. Is there a way, or a program I can buy that will transfer > all settings, folders, rules and so forth to outlook. For the messages, open OE and click File>Export>Messages. For Rules and Contacts, open Outlook and click Fil...

Slow pasting from Outlook 2002
Recently I have encountered a problem with Outlook 2002 that I have been unable to resolve. Outlook 2002 (10.6856.6858) SP3 is installed on Windows XP (5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600) Whenever I copy text to the clipboard from a contact, appointment, or other form in Outlook, pasting that text into any OTHER application is extremely slow. Task Manager shows that Outlook takes most of the processor cycles for several seconds beginning when I execute the Paste command, and ending when the text appears in the receiving application. I have not observed any comparable sl...

How to make Windows Live Photo Gallery default?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01CB0009.FE96EA40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I in Win7 and Windows Live Mail the Windows Live Photo Gallery = the default for attaching photos, rather than My Documents/My Pictures? ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01CB0009.FE96EA40 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD&g...

Access 2002 - Open
Hi, Upon opening an Access 2002 DB a security warning message is displayed. Help suggests that setting the security setting for the entire machine to "LOW" will solve this problem. This is, of cause, not acceptable at most client sites. Is there another technique to suppress the security warning message? Thank you, Nick Use that as a guide... Hide the Unsafe Expressions security warning message in Access 2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011071331033.aspx Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 (SP8) for Windows XP (KB829558) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details....

Use Document Map & Split Window at same time
It would seem to me that the two features above naturally go hand in hand. I normally split a window so that I can access widely separated parts of a document at the same time. However, if I split a window and access the Document Map to navigate to the far away section, the windows become unsplit. Is there a way to get both, or is this simply something that Word doesn't do? (Word 2003, Windows XP). For what it's worth, Split Window and the Document Map are mutually exclusive in Word 2007 as well. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Paul" <paul.dom...

Money 2002 #13
How do I put a password on my money account I have already, so that no one can open it? Brattboy112@msn.com File|Login Lockbox??? Passwords are mostly good for keeping yourself out when you forget them. Please don't show up back here in three months asking what to do now that you've forgotten yours. "Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08a501c3af3e$e6c63b50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I put a password on my money account I have > already, so that no one can open it? Brattboy112@msn.com ...

Outlook 2002 and Micorosoft Mail
i need to find out if there is anyway of setting up microsoft mail in outlook 2002. any help would be appreciated ...

Find & replace window
I'm using the "find" utility a lot in excel and I need to move from the active find window to the sheet back and forth. To speed up the process I would like to be able to switch between find window and the sheet by using the keyboard. Is there any keyboard short cut to do that? Thank you ...

windows xp service pack 3
error-model Flash 10c ocx nersion v 1534 win 5.1 2600 2 (service pack 3) IE 8.0o6001.18702 Base 76F0000,001B falsh0c This keeps poppen up and shuts me down. What is it and how can I fix it. Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general -- ~Robear Dyer ...

Outlook 2002 stripping again
I have Outlook 2002 installed. Fully patched. I also have Symantec AV Corp edition 9.0 installed. I have an issue and i don't know where exactly to begin troubleshooting it. First I can send an e-mail to a user and they get it fine He reply to my e-mail and i get the little balloon that shows up and i can see some of his response. When i click on the balloon hyperlink to open the rest of the e-mail all his text is gone. It is like it is stripping everything he types out. any clues? ...

Mapas en Excel XP
Si mal no recuerdo, en Excel 97 se pod�an crear Mapas con datos de una hoja. Pero, cual es mi sorpresa que en Excel XP no lo encuentro como se hace. Alguien podr�a indicarme, como he de hacer mapas, si es que se puede. Saludos Jes�s G. ...

ASP Pages hank OOTLOOK
Any time I get a link to an ASP Page url in OUTLOOK and click on it the page never comes up. Outlook is hung and I must end the task. IT works fine if I go to get my mail on the web and it is being displayed in IE^. I click on the asp link and no problems. I am running office 2000. WHAT GIVES HERE? A REAL PITA! Gilbert Baron <gbaron@myrealbox.com> wrote: > Any time I get a link to an ASP Page url in OUTLOOK and click on it > the page never comes up. Outlook is hung and I must end the task. IT > works fine if I go to get my mail on the web and it is being displayed > in IE...

Windows Update Aug. causes bug!
Hi guys, if you have got problems with crm since your last Windows Update just uninstall the patch KB918899. The error the patch causes, crashes the Internet Explorer after you've clicked on the menu or contextmenu (in CRM). Note: Please uninstall this patch only, if you have the problem I have described above! Regards Mario Knezevic I have had similar problems with Internet Explorer recently, it doesnt seem everytime I press the menus, but every so often. Lost a lot of customisations when i went to save once! I will remove the patch and see what I get. "Mario Knezevic...