Old pst file

I have an old pst file saved on cd that I need to get an email address from.
I no longer am on an exchange server.  Is there a utility for viewing emails
in the pst file?  Is there a utility that will import the pst file into
Outlook Express without having full Outlook on my system?  Currently Outlook
Express keeps saying to configure the Outlook email client before import.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0
ab3801 (1)

OE cannot use PST files.
The messages you are getting are correct. Believe them.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Outlook Dummy" <ab@pickapics.com> wrote in message
> I have an old pst file saved on cd that I need to get an email address
from.
> I no longer am on an exchange server.  Is there a utility for viewing
emails
> in the pst file?  Is there a utility that will import the pst file into
> Outlook Express without having full Outlook on my system?  Currently
Outlook
> Express keeps saying to configure the Outlook email client before import.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

0
russval (3097)
5/30/2004 12:54:07 AM
Thanks for the info on Outlook Express not able to use the pst

Is there a utility that can view the pst so that I can retrieve the email address?
0
anonymous (74719)
5/30/2004 1:41:02 AM
Outlook.
Nothing else can open PST files.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Outlook Dummy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info on Outlook Express not able to use the pst.
>
> Is there a utility that can view the pst so that I can retrieve the email
address?

0
russval (3097)
5/30/2004 2:49:58 AM
Ugghhhh

Thank you.
0
anonymous (74719)

Working with large files
I imported a large MS Word Document into MS Publishing. It took quite a while to load and the response time, when trying to use the file, is really slow. What are my options? I divided the file into several smaller files, but then I have the problem of putting it all back together in PDF. Is that my only option, and if so what about page numbering ? On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:48:58 +0000, KR wrote (in article <7292B770-A394-449D-A1E2-ECDF64C7AC9D@microsoft.com>): > I imported a large MS Word Document into MS Publishing. It took quite a while > to load and the response time, wh...

how to make pst file to be accessible from CD/DVD?
hi any one have idea? thanks > any one have idea? You can't. Full read and write access to the PST is needed. -- -f.h. ...

Inserting file in e-mail
I have a w2k computer and every time I go to insert a file in the e-mail it pops the insert file window. I have several other computers with the same operating system and they are able to highlight more then one document at a time, but this computer will only allow me to highlight one document at a time. Any thoughts?? What version of Outlook, what mail format are you using, and are you using Word as your e-mail editor? Doug Metzger wrote: > I have a w2k computer and every time I go to insert a file > in the e-mail it pops the insert file window. I have > several other compu...

Understanding .pst files?
Using Windows XP and Outlook 2002 I have several custom folders to organize email. I have a couple of Archive .pst files as well. I want to backup all of my emails to an external hard drive. In addition to the email in my Inbox... QUESTION # 1 ....Does my main Outlook.pst file also contain the emails in all if my CUSTOM folders? QUESTION # 2 ....Does my Outlook.pst file contain the emails in my ARCHIVE folders? QUESTION # 3 ....Does my Outlook.pst file contain the emails in my SENT folders? Thanks, "The Hun" <ed@LAocean.com> wrote in message news:120599e9-2584-44e9-a...

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

Small Publication, Huge File Size
Win98SE, Pub2000, HP LJ2100. Some publications suddenly increase in size for no apparent reason. For example, a two page brochure created with the wizard starts out at about 310kb, but then suddenly becomes 56mb. Then it takes a couple hours (or more) for the printer to print it. Nothing fancy - just plain old wizard pubs. Anyone seen/heard this? Thx, Scott Part of the problem is the way that Publisher 2000 handles pictures. Pub 2002 keeps your file size down a bit. I'm sure one fo the otherc would be able to explain it clearer but that's the easy to understand version. (I...

Opening docs from old versions
In attempting to open a doc created in an ancient version of Word (for Windows, not DOS), I get this message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening by your registry policy setting." What is the registry setting I must change to override this and allow the opening? Thanks. -TedMi Hi Ted, I'm pretty sure this is the KB article you need: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 There are both downloadable reg files and instructions for manual editing...

Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive
Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook. The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc? I'd like to save all those messages to a backup/archive. Thanks, Shayne. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Out...

Missing PSTPRX.DLL file
I can't get outlook to check my email accounts. When I press Send/Receive It gives me the following message "Can't find information service file "PSTPRX.DLL". I have uninstall and reintall multiple times my outlook 2000, outlook 2002 and my outlook XP and still it does not fix the proplem. Can someone help me? Thanks "OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q293058& CAUSE: This problem can occur because Outlook 2002 upgraded the profile once and set a re...

.pst file
I have Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. I followed the instructions for "Move contacts to another computer and Copy files to a CD. I can't open the file on the CD, and I can't open the file where it's located in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. I get the error message, "Adobe Reader could not open 'My Contacts Backup.pst' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)." Do you kn...

Windows Corrupt file
I keep receiveing a message The file or directory c:\Program Files\ common Files\Symantec\EENGINE\EPERSIST.DAT is corrupt and unreadable Please run the Chkdsk utility. When I try to run it nothing happens Can anyone help me? -- BLUESKY In news:F42F67BE-81A1-44FE-A747-6707D684D5A5@microsoft.com, Bluesky <Bluesky@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I keep receiveing a message The file or directory c:\Program Files\ > common Files\Symantec\EENGINE\EPERSIST.DAT is corrupt and unreadable > Please run the Chkdsk utility. > When I try to run it nothing happens >...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

Outlook recover pst folder
I have a local folder .pst I had several subfolders. All of the subfolders except the deleted messages folder are gone. Is there a method which will allow me to recover these subfolders? I did not intentionally delete them and it is possible they have been moved. In news:009401c3470f$4953dc20$a601280a@phx.gbl, Ty <tcavallaro@oig.hhs.gov> typed: > I have a local folder .pst I had several subfolders. All > of the subfolders except the deleted messages folder are > gone. Is there a method which will allow me to recover > these subfolders? I did not intentionally...

Saving .xlb file?
I copied my .xlb file from one computer to another from a CD. Apparently, that made the file read-only. I keep trying to modify the toolbars on the second computer, but the changes never stick. And I can't open the .xlb file -any time I try, it just opens Personal.xls. How would I change the ..xlb from read-only so I can save it with my changes? Ed I like to find where excel stores the toolbar file before I put the transfered version there. I'd start excel and then tools|customize create a new (dummy) toolbar. Add an icon to it. Now close excel and then use windows start|sea...

converting publisher files
I developed a brochure in Publisher. I sent it to a friend for her input and constructive criticism. She could not open it with any of her programs and ask me "if I could save it as any one of the following: image file, jpeg, tiff, Word, text file, web file, Frontage or Adobe Pagemaker"? I tried Word and text but neither worked when I opened them. The brochure was developed using Publisher 97 and I have both Word 97 and 2000 on Windows XP. How can I get this to work? Thanks Publisher Problems refer to http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- David Bartosik - ...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...

Are there size limits when converting a 2003 file to 2007
I have a 2003 .mpp file with 33900 tasks in it (yes its big, it a master file that spans 9 years). Everytime I try to open it in 2007 the application crashes (MS has encountered an error and must shut down). If I take the 2003 file and delete tasks (task that are complete for instance), I can eventually get it to a point where I can open it in 2007. Is anyone aware of a task limit in the conversion process that I can change or a file size limit? All help would be appreciated. -- Sarah There are limits, but off hand I don't know the details other than to recall that ...

Moving files
I have to reinstall outlook 2000 is there a way to save files then copy them into the new installation saving my saved mail and address book? See if the information here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bobis4 asked: | I have to reinstall outlook 2000 is there a way to save | files then copy them into the new installation savin...

how can I get old replaced excel file
I have one A file, suddenly I have go to sav as option & select file B to replace with A I said yes, but my mistake I said yes. Please see how can I get that old A file from back date ? Use the backup copy. If you didn't create a backup last time, make sure that you do next time. In your "Save As" dialogue, "General Options" comes from the Tools option (in Excel 2007). If you didn't create a backup copy yourself, then you are out of luck unless your system (or your IT department if you have one) has created a backup, or unless you sent a cop...

How old are you?
I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date an their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function bu it rounds up? Can anyone help? Thank -- tee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51062 Hi teeb With the date of birth in B2 Completed years =IF(B2<=TODAY(),DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"Y"),-DATEDIF(TODAY(),B2,"Y")) See also http://www...

Most files on desktop missing
*Most files on desktop missing* Greetings and SOS During a 'disk cleanup' (http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/#) of temporary 'Internet files' (http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/#) (which I regularly perform) on XP pro the 'PC' (http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/#) slowed down and I had to restart. Once the new session started I saw almost all my files on the desktop (pdf, doc , rtf,) missing as well as some shortcuts and links. Strange that in some folders on the desktop some files are missing and some are intact. Other f...

PST Access Denied
I'm trying to import my old PST file (all 400megs) into my new Outlook 2000 so I can recover my old saved emails, etc, but I get, "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access this file..." ANY IDEAS? thnx, b Is the file Read Only, if so remove the Read Only attribute "bigboon" <boon@IntuitionNYC.com> wrote in message news:01ae01c34a2f$8aa89c10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import my old PST file (all 400megs) into my > new Outlook 2000 so I can recover my old saved emails, > etc, but I get, "File access denied....

read and write excel files with visual basic programming
Hello: Can anyone please guide me how to read and write data form excel spread sheet with visual basic application. My email address is amol_k25@yahoo.com. Thank You! Sincerely, Amol Kulkarni Master of Science Mechanical Engineering State Unversity of Ny at buffalo ...