old inbox messages disappearing

Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would
disappear without being deleted?
0
anonymous (74722)

Usually a filtered view.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would
> disappear without being deleted?

0
russval (3097)
4/24/2004 9:50:05 PM
Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings.

0
anonymous (74722)

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

Message size limit?
Hi everyone, In Exchange Standard is the SMTP properties the only place to control outgoing message size? I've got a user that needs to send greater than 9mb files occasionally and they're getting bounced. He can receive them, just not send them. Thanks, Mike You can set this properti per user too. If you have installed antivirus software, this property can appera in this product, check, if this is a restriction. -- Gustavo Del Grosso Laboratorios Andrómaco Gerencia de Tecnología gustavodelgrosso@hotmail.com "Mike G." wrote: > Hi everyone, > ...

how do i save an email message to another folder
how do i save an email with a document to another folder in outlook so it does not get lost Drag it from the inbox folder and drop it on the the other Outlook folder. melanie wrote: > how do i save an email with a document to another folder in outlook so it > does not get lost ...

Opening docs from old versions
In attempting to open a doc created in an ancient version of Word (for Windows, not DOS), I get this message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening by your registry policy setting." What is the registry setting I must change to override this and allow the opening? Thanks. -TedMi Hi Ted, I'm pretty sure this is the KB article you need: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 There are both downloadable reg files and instructions for manual editing...

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive
Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook. The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc? I'd like to save all those messages to a backup/archive. Thanks, Shayne. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Out...

Need a utility to import mail to Outlook via print dialog... or some other way to import proprietary messages into Outlook.
Hello, We need to migrate 100s of proprietary PSTs from a little-known mail system to Outlook/Exchange but the file format of the PSTs is binary, proprietary and undocumented. One option is to leave the PSTs and let the users consult them in offline mode forever. The problem there is that they wouldn't be able to reply to or forward the messages, only read or print them. Not very user-friendly, they have GBs of mail in them. Has anyone seen an application which lets you print a message into an Outlook mail message, much like you print to a PDF file? Any other suggestions for workarounds...

lost msgs in inbox
my msgs in my inbox disappeared. i have windows 2000. can someone help me, pls. thanks. The two most common reasons for what you describe is disruption of the compacting process, (never touch anything until it's finished), or bloated folders. More on that below. Why Mail Disappears http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone About File Corruption http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx DBXpress run in Extract From Disk Mode is the best chance to recover messages: http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx And see: http...

Inbox/IMAP server question
Hey guys, hope your holiday season is doing good so far. Mine has been a pain so far. In a nutshell, I'm 16 and living with my grandparents. My grandfather's computer (Windows 98SE with Outlook Express 6) died last week and we bought a new one (Windows XP Home with Outlook 2002) and he is throwing a fit. He's been crying and complaining and screaming and yelling because "NOTHING WORKS RIGHT!!" I have set up his email accounts so they connect to his work's IMAP server so he can get his email, but for some reason the IMAP's server folder list has it's ...

receiving messages automatically
Greetings: I am having issues with Microsoft Outlook. If anyone can provide me with some assistance that would be great. -My Operating System is Windows XP -My Microsoft Outlook Configuration is Internet Email. My problem is when I click send/receive. It sends but does not receive. To receive I have to manually click tools, send/receive, then click on my profile name. Is there a setting I can change so that it does both send and receive at the same time. Thanks in advance, Regards, Andrew ...

Attachment showing up as Icon in Body of Message ? WHY ?
When I create an Email on my Computer at work ( MS Outlook XP) and attach an Attachment it shows up as an ICON in the Bosy of the Message, BUT at home( MS Outlook XP) when I created an Email, it shows up as an attachment, listed below the Subject Line... How can I fix my computer at work ? Thank...... When you attach attachments to Plain text or HTML messages, the attachment will appear in the Attach field below the Subject line. If you send an attachment in a Rich Text message the icon will appear in the body of the message. >-----Original Message----- >When I create an Email ...

Error Message(s)
I started out getting the following error message - " Download Error: The request to log on to a server could not be completed because the user name supplied is incorrect" After trying everything that I know (not much I'm afraid) including setting up a new email account under the same name, checking the names and passwords on the server I have managed to "lose" Outlook. I am now getting the following error when I attempt to open Outlook - "Cannot start MS Office Outlook. Unable to open Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened" Argh !! I d...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

Outlook 2003 and Mime encoded e-mails messages
I have Outlook 2003 and for some reason I have started to receive some of my e-mail, not all of them what appears to be mime encoded. Has anyone had this problem? Anyone know how to solve this issue? I am using a hosted exchange provider that has not been any help with this one. Thanks! Mike ...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

moving messages from Entourage to Outlook
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, con someone tell me how best to move all the email messages I have in Entourage to Outlook running in Parallels. <br> Thanks On 2010-01-13 16:03:07 -0500, tcmnorcal@officeformac.com said: > Hi, con someone tell me how best to move all the email messages I have > in Entourage to Outlook running in Parallels. > Thanks Well since you mentioned that you were using Exchange, do yo even need to move anything?? When you connect to Exchange through Outlook, it shoul...

WM_DEVICECHANGE message
Hi, I am capturing this message to monitor the insertion/removal of media like cd-rom or usb. On Vista, without doing registerdevicenotification for device interfaces things work fine. But on XP, i dont get any notification on CD-ROM insertion or removal. I tried using registerdevicenotification API as well. Also refered MSDN article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa363215.aspx. After doing some research, I came across two issues with this message. 1. The window should be created with HWND_TOPMOST to receive WM_DEVICECHANGE. 2. If user sets the autorun flag in HKLM\SYSTEM\Cur...

Unable to forward or reply to a message opened in web outlook
I can open a message but when I attempt to reply or forward it, it diaappears. I recently upgraded to Windows XP. ...

Inbox #9
Running Outlook 2000 with XPPro. On the Inbox page, below "Inbox", there appears a grey section with a box that states: "Drag a column header here to group by that column." I understand what it is for, but it takes up space. I have repaired and tried customizing but find no way to eliminate it. How do I get rid of this? Try View | Group By Box. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "JonBoy" <jonbratcher1@ho...

Can't delete an email form the outlook inbox
Our setup is the following. Have exchange 2000 and outlooks 2003 which connect to the exchange servers. When the user attempts to delete the email he gets the following error: "This item could not be deleted, it was either moved or is already deleted,or access was denied". I have tried to delete this email through OWA and still cannot delete. I have about 10 users with the same problem with the same email. When you try to open the stuck email it says "can't open this item. I searched on the groups all day but so far haven't found satisfactory answer or anything t...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...

number of messages in folders not updating unless clicked upon- also, Microsoft LDAP Directory problem
OK, I have Outlook Express 2003, and I am having some trouble with it. For one thing, as soon as the program starts up, I get a strange message as follows- Micorsoft LDAP Directory Server name- NULL Port- xxxx Username- NULL Password- (blank field) Use Secure Password Authentication (SPA) (checkbox) OK CANCEL APPLY Seeing as it pops up everytime I start OE, I was wondering how to get rid of it. SECONDLY, and probably more importanty, is the number of messages in folders do not updating unless the older is clicked upon. In my older vrsion of Outlook Express, it showed the...

set email message as first
Hi, please help. How do I read the most recent email response first. Each time I get an email response I have to scroll all the way down to the beginning of message to get an answer, much appreciate if you would help! k <k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, please help. How do I read the most recent email response first. > Each time I get an email response I have to scroll all the way down > to the beginning of message to get an answer, much appreciate if you > would help! What is included in the body of a message is completely up to the sender of that message. I...

message relaying
Where in exchange 2003 do I check to see if my server is relaying messages. in 5.5 the relay was open by default what about 2003? 2003 is closed by default, but open to autenticated users. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Gonzosez" <tbyam@hinklemfgNS.com> wrote in message news:u$aeyv5gEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Where in exchange 2003 do I check to see if my server is relaying > messages. > in 5.5 the relay was open by default what about 2003? > > .....and in addition: See http://www.vamsoft.co...

outlook 2003 error message #7
I am receiving an error message when I try to open outlook 2003. It says: personal folder was not properly closed. It then attempts to close the folder but if you hit cancel or if the attempt finishes, outlook closes. I need whatever help anyone can provide as soon as possible. Thanks in advance! ...