OL98 start up view

I recently had to reinstall my WInXP and now my OL98 has a couple of
issues I'd like to fix.

I've set up my mail account (with POP3 and SMTP servers) but when I
try to use it I get a message saying that internet mail is not
registered properly. What do I need to do to fix this?

Also, I used to start up OL98 so that the first view was not Outlook
Today. How do I change that?

I guess I can't remember how to do things that I only do once every
three years.

Thanks for any suggestions!

John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com
John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com
0
kd0gd (97)

You might want to have a look at this MS KB article, it may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q191/4/23.asp

Tools->Options->Other->Advanced for the startup folder.

Hope this helps.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, John Keith asked:

| I recently had to reinstall my WInXP and now my OL98 has a couple of
| issues I'd like to fix.
|=20
| I've set up my mail account (with POP3 and SMTP servers) but when I
| try to use it I get a message saying that internet mail is not
| registered properly. What do I need to do to fix this?
|=20
| Also, I used to start up OL98 so that the first view was not Outlook
| Today. How do I change that?
|=20
| I guess I can't remember how to do things that I only do once every
| three years.
|=20
| Thanks for any suggestions!
|=20
| John Keith
| kd0gd@juno.com
| John Keith
| kd0gd@juno.com
0
MillyS (3228)
12/1/2006 4:09:21 PM
On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:09:21 -0800, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:

>You might want to have a look at this MS KB article, it may help:
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q191/4/23.asp
>
>Tools->Options->Other->Advanced for the startup folder.
>
>Hope this helps.

It does! Thank you Milly. I was on that page but didn't check the
advanced options.

Any suggestiosn on why I am getting the "internet mail is not
registered" error message?
John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com
0
kd0gd (97)
12/1/2006 5:54:21 PM
On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:09:21 -0800, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote:

>You might want to have a look at this MS KB article, it may help:
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q191/4/23.asp
>
>Tools->Options->Other->Advanced for the startup folder.
>
>Hope this helps.

I thought the MS kKB article related to the startup question. I just
now looked at the article and see it discusses my other question.

I'm sorry I didn't dig deeper on first reading.

Now, off the study the article.

John Keith
kd0gd@juno.com
0
kd0gd (97)

Start all over but retain emails, folders, contacts, etc.
Hi- I recently transfered my pst file over to a new computer (both Outlook 2003) and now I believe I have some (major?) problems with the contacts folder and locations. Even though everything seems fine on the outside and I can still send emails fine, I get numerous errors telling me my address book cannot be located and I just recently discovered all my mailing lists fail to link the members to their contact files even though they are right there. I guess my main question is, can I somehow wipe outlook clean, and then just readd all the information (contacts, appointments, tasks, notes, ema...

start last-open document
Hi, how is it possible to start the programm / sdi-application with the last-open document (with all its configurations e.g. which checkbox is checked and which is not) ? best regards Bernd >how is it possible to start the programm / sdi-application with the >last-open document (with all its configurations e.g. which checkbox is >checked and which is not) ? You inevitably have to save all that information and make use of it on startup. I've not used it myself, but maybe the restart manager support in the latest version of MFC (VS2010) may be of interest to y...

how do i change start day on publisher calendar
I am trying to change first day in publisher calendar to monday. I have publisher 2003 with XP SP2. I have tried changing the language in settings but it doesnt seem to make any difference It is determined by your regional settings in the control panel. I have a plain Monday calendar here: http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "simonizzy" <simonizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

OL98 hangs
Environment: OL98 and WinXP SP2 This morning when I came to check my email I clicked on Inbox and got a continuous hourglass for the cursor. I had to use task manager to close OL98. I've not been able to get back to a working environment since that problem and here are the steps I've tried: 1) reinstalled OL98, and tried to reload my outlook.pst, the import froze when it got to the calendar 2) ran scanpst.exe on the outlook.pst file, only found minor inconsistencies, still freezes when importing at the calendar 3) tried to import a 2 month old copy of the outlook.pst and still free...

Affiliated View
What does this entity view return? I was thinking it would return (for example) all opportunities that are attached to the accounts that are setup as "related" to a master account (via Relationships). We've setup relationships between accounts, and would like to see all the opportunities down that chain. Any suggestions how to make that work? ...

Cant start
Recently I have acquired Office professional. After installation, everything works okay, except Outlook. I am having hardtime figuring it out. I need your help desperately. When I click on the program menu shortcut, I see "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. Could not open the item. Try again.". by clicking "Ok" gets rid of this warning. When I try to open it from the desktop, it opens up, but gives the following message "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator...

Weekly calendar printing style starting in middle of week for Outlook 2003
I was wondering if it was possible to print in Outlook 2003, a trifold printing style where the weekly section starts mid-week. Is this possible? Thanks, Brent ...

alias/nickname in OL98
Does Outlook 98 allow the concept of using an alias or nickname to use when sending email to a contact? I find nothing about either word in the helpfile. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message news:uq64g11ovn9dms2v3oed3ttu6f2vkb3e6s@4ax.com... > Does Outlook 98 allow the concept of using an alias or nickname to use > when sending email to a contact? I find nothing about either word in > the helpfile. > > > John Keith > kd0gd@juno.com For all mails? For some mails? Look in options, you set your name in there. If you w...

Starting again
Can you clear all info in money and start again without having to reload it? File|New will start over for all except a few Tools|Settings/Tools|Options. "The Major" <TheMajor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FAD6A98-3523-42E5-87F5-1D9B8532450E@microsoft.com... > Can you clear all info in money and start again without having to reload > it? How do i clear the old file or is it just a matter of getting rid of the old backups? "Dick Watson" wrote: > File|New will start over for all except a few Tools|Settings/Tools|Options. > >...

Filmstrip view
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I have researched this and what I found was: 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder". 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as desired. 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box. The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available. I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the fi...

Start Iexplorer instead of Netscape
Hoi I won't to start Iexplorer instead of Netscape, when selecting a URL link in Outlook 2000 formatted in HTML. Thanks Greetings Miguel In control panel, internet options, programs, make sure you have a tickbox next to "IE should check to see if it is the default browser" - open IE and see if it prompts you to select it as the default browser. Miguel wrote: > Hoi > > I won't to start Iexplorer instead of Netscape, when > selecting a URL link in Outlook 2000 formatted in HTML. > > Thanks > Greetings Miguel ...

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Coustom view

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Calendar View?

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Is there a way to view articles according to the subject tree?
Is there a way to view a complete listing of knowledge base articles according to the *expanded* subject tree. The only way I see is to poke around through each subject, sub-subject, and sub-sub-subject, until you stumble onto an article (or a bunch of empty subjects). I'd like to see something more like a table of contents, where a user could see all the available articles at a glance, organized by subject. Not in the standard system. You need to build a custom page for this. In fact it would not be hard to build. You could have a two column table on a web page. On the left woul...

can I block just one person from viewing my calendar?
Just wondering if I can block one person or individuals from viewing my outlook calendar? Are you using Exchange server? If so, yes. Add them top the permissions tab of the calendar and set it to none. (right click on the calendar and choose properties). See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/share/subfolders.htm - the Sharing the subfolder video has the instructions. You'll choose none for the permissions though. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Structuring text in "Outline View" in an Outlook 2003 email
Hi, Some of you may be familiar with "Outline view" in Word 2003 where you can view the headings of a document indented to represent their level in the document's structure. You can also collapse an outline heading to show only the headings and body text you want. I wish to compose some emails in the Outline view. I want the recipients of my email to collapse and expand headings in their email. This would give my reader choice over what level of detail they need to read my email. Is there a way to use the Outline view in Outlook 2003 emails? The context: I wish to send my bo...

scroll view
problem with bitmap. I am displaying a continuous image on a scroll view. It slides downward. when the image's hight reaches the GetBitmapSize().cy, it stops and donot update the screen. What i want is, when the image's hight reaches the GetBitmapSize().cy, I want to delete some portion of the image from bottom. So the image will be displayed continuously. How to delete some portion of the image from the bottom and update the current drawing line number? any help would be great.. thanks in advance. mec mec wrote: > problem with bitmap. > > I am displaying a continu...

2007 Outlook Calendar
Does anyone know if 2007 Outlook Calendar will print the appointment times and details when printing in the monthly view? I used to use PALM and it always could do it. Times, yes, if there is room. Details, no, not unless you use the calendar printing assistant. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp for links to the CPA and other tools which work better than Outlook's native printing engine. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips...

Hidden Field in Datasheet view for a table
Hello All, when I go to Table Design, there is a column named Field 1 (it is text). When I switch to Datasheet View, it becomes hidden. Any ideas on how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance Sam Berry "Hidden" as in zero-width, or "hidden" as in "off-screen"? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is ...

Users of Public Folder can't view and/or change appointments....
We just went to E2003 and turned off our E5.5 server (we didn't remove it from our site though) we have public folders that are not allowing the users that have had permission to view/edit/change them before. I'm hoping somebody can guide me in the right direction to help me with this as soon as possible. The folders were all migrated to the new server? have you checked permissions to be certain they carried over? I have seen one or two instances where permissions for a deleted/disabled account on a public folder prohibited anyone from accessing them...did you do the DS/IS c...

How do you start a Macro?
The thing that I am wondering the most is how to start a macros. Adding on to that question where is the tools menu to start the macros? This version of Office is completely different from the others. What version? If you mean 2007 you can use shortcut Alt + F8, or you can go to the developer tab and click on the macro button and run them from there. To get the developer tab, click the office icon (tope left), click excel options, select personalize in the top left corner and make sure "Show developer tab in the ribbon" is selected -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Exc...