OL2K: auto forward messages I send?

In Outlook 2000, I want to automatically forward any message I send to
another e-mail address.  A forward or a BCC is fine, but I do *not* want a
CC.  I've read a lot of posts in the archive and have Googled some, but
haven't quite managed to figure this out.

Here's the case use.  I have a main machine that I do all my "normal" e-mail
from.  But I've got a 2nd machine, an ancient laptop, that gives me a
welcome break from having to sit in my chair all day long.  This machine has
become the secondary e-mail machine.  I have a POP e-mail account through an
ISP.  To keep things synchronized, when reading e-mail from the secondary
machine I never delete it from the POP server.  That way, I always have a
complete e-mail record on my primary machine.  The primary machine gets
backed up at regular intervals, the secondary machine does not, hence the
desire for a unified record of all e-mail.

Now, the last piece of the puzzle I need, is to forward any e-mails I
*write* on the secondary machine, to the primary machine.  That's what I
need the auto Forward or BCC for.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

Taking risk where others will not.

0
Brandon

Body of email message displayed in Report shows all html tagging!
Hi, Has anyone been able to format the field (Description - for email messages) on the CRM report - Account Overview so that the html tagging is interpreted rather than displayed? Thanks! Maria ------=_NextPart_0001_668427F7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone been able to format the field (Description - for email messages) > on the CRM report - Account Overview so that the html tagging is interpreted > rather than displayed? This question about HTML fields gets asked frequently on the micr...

auto fill .Item.From
We have OfficeXP, OutLook2002 and OfficeXP. I would like to auto fill the From field. I can auto fill mailenvelope.item.to and mailenvelope.item.subject, but trying to auto fill mailenvelope.item.From gives an error msg: '...doesn't support this property or method'. I have been delegated permissions for this person so that is not the issue. Any thoughts? Thanks. ...

Cannot send email 02-21-10
Email has always worked fine until today, when I received the following message. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Re:', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I followed the troubleshooting solutions in the help file, but nothing works. Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail for Comcast email? h...

email sending
I use Outlook 2000 and for some odd reason the dialog box which comes up when I hit send/receive no longer comes up. Mail is sent normally, but being able to track the progress is sometimes useful. I have been unable to find how to re establish the dialog box. I checked under options and email, no luck, under view and the 'status bar' is checked - I thought that might be it. any thoughts? could anyone respond by email? thanks very much. Michael Mery When you check for new mail, you should see some text appear on the right side of the status bar, like "Send/Receive P...

How to do auto sign-off in crm 3.0 emails?
I can't see a way of having an automatic personalised sign-off when creating emails in CRM 3.0 (Like you can with autotext in the fat outlook client) As a workaround I've created a text template which I can easily access within the email form. However this has two problems. 1. By default in the system - inserting a template forces the subject of that template to be applied to the message thus wiping out the email's current. Any one know how to turn this "feature" off? 2. Using templates for email sign-off's isn't scalable. Surely there has to be an easy w...

Creating "auto-reply" trigger for email enabled public folders
Is there a good tutorial for creating a script that will automatically send an email response to anyone who submits an item into a email enabled public folder? Thanks, Rob G. In news:%23vYqlVt$GHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Rob Gordon <Robert.Gordon@nospam.dslextreme.com> typed: > Is there a good tutorial for creating a script that will > automatically send an email response to anyone who submits an item > into a email enabled public folder? > > Thanks, > > Rob G. Take a look at Folder Assistant - http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Public-Folder-Basics-Part...

forward to mobile device
Hope I am asking this correctly. I am trying to forward email to a mobile device. I have found a couple of web sites designed to guide me through the process. Where I am getting stuck is an 'empty' Rule Address. When I select "from people or distribution list" I get a 'Rule Address' popup. But it is empty. No addresses - and I can't find how to populate it. Help please. j lunis <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote: > Hope I am asking this correctly. > I am trying to forward email to a mobile device. I have found a > couple of web sites designed to ...

Error message on opening Access 2007
Since converting to 2007, I get an error message: "The form name "frmAdminCentres[+ several Chinese characters]" is either misspelled or refers to a form that doesn't exist" followed by some advice referring to Action Failed dialogue boxes and macros. If I click OK (a total of 11 times) this error message is succeeded by similar messages referring variously to "Form1" and "Form2", before the database opens normally. The form names listed (minus the Chinese characters!!) refer to forms which have long since been deleted from the database. I d...

Outlook automatically moving messages to the deleted items
This question has come up a few times but I cannot find a satisfactory answer on the usenet. I run several accounts on Outlook, I have some rules, but none move anything to the deleted items folder. It seems to be happening to people who I email regularly. Not the one off's. Can anyone help. I know quite a few people who are getting this happening lately. Could it be Mcafee? Presspley wrote: > Can anyone help. I know quite a few people who are getting this > happening lately. Could it be Mcafee? Please state your Outlook version. Do you have all the latest updates instal...

Auto update worksheets
I'm currently using excel 2003 and am trying to figure out how to update multiple worksheets within the same workbook by just inputting data into one sheet. Ex: I have four sheets in the workbook. One is an overall tracking sheet and the other three are tracking by specific area. I would like to fill out the main sheet and then have that information automatically updated inot one of the other three sheets based on certain criteria. Please give any input. Can you provide more information? Are you using formulas in the other worksheets in order to populate the data? Are you...

Auto Deleting Rows Based on Cell Data
Hi and thanks up front for any help you might can give me. I've go several rows of data that I need to filter out and I'd rather not hav to review each line individually to do this. Here's what I'd like t be able to do... Example: I have columns A-M and in column D, there is either a Y or an N. I' like to do something that would automatically delete every row that ha an N in column D. Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Deleting.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi and tha...

Need Help with auto insert of pictures
Hello all, I have an excel work sheet developed I would like to add a function that will insert a picture into a cell based on a second cell's value The second cell value would determined from a list located on a second sheet I have about 20 pictures that would cross referance 20 values in the list I would like to store these pictures on the second sheet with the list's I would like this function to work in 5 different areas on the sheet all 5 areas would use the same list & same pictures I would also need to be able to copy the main sheet to create create additional copys of t...

clipart in OL2K signature
Is there another way of including clipart in signature? I use the signature picker and advanced edit, but when I add clipart the e-mail shows that there is an attachment, and that seems like it would be confusing to many users. Is there another way? ...

Auto number in an existing table
I am converting a Approach96 database to Access 2007. I imported the 3 tables with no problem and created my forms, etc. now the problem. It is a "Customer Table", Property Table", and "Invoice Table". I have a few thousand records in there. I have a "properties" table that has a "property Number" field, This field was a "next number" created in Approach. There are many missing numbers from deleted records over the years. This "property number" field is linked to the "property Number" field in the Invoice...

Error message 12-31-09
When I receive e-mails, after so many are received, the following error message pops up. I assume I am getting all e-mails but really not sure if the error message pops up before all are received. This same error message pops up when I try to send e-mails or reply: The host 'smfp1.nf.sympatico.ca' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Read: Port Aux Basque Dec 12th', Account: 'pop6.nf.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smfp1.nf.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001...

Worker thread and posted message
I created a "worker thread" via AfxBeginThread(). In the thread function, I need to insert/delete/change items in the main window's list control. I use PostMessage() for this. One of the messages is for inserting an item: CString *pStr = new CString("Some item text"); PostMessage(UDM_INSERT_ITEM, nItem, pStr); This works fine. I then need to change some of the subitems associated with this newly-added item: pStr = new CString("Text for column 2"); PostMessage(UDM_SET_ITEM_TEXT, ???, pStr); The question is how do I get the number of t...

Recovering messages
Our Exchange 5.5 database was corrupt, and we repaired it using eseutil /p. Straight after the recovery, users complained that some of their messages could not be opened anymore. So we ran eseutil again, and also the defrag and integrity check. Users are now informing us that messages have disappeared altogether. We have a backup of all the edb files from before we ran the repair. Considering that users have now received more messages, could be recover the missing messages by re-running the backed up edb files? Would that recover the database to a previous point in time, or would it s...

Running OL2K as a service
Can Outlook be set to run as a service on W2K Pro clients? If not, is there a way to disable the exit functions? I'm trying to prevent Outlook from being closed and would prefer to handle this within Outlook as opposed to 3rd party software. Bill Richardson ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ no, you can't run it as a service. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

Can not open forwarded e-mail in Outlook 2003
in Outlook 2003 I am unable to open a forwarded e-mail. I can open attachments that have been forwarded but not when there is an enevelope icon as the attachment. This is a corporate laptop running XP Pro so I went to the IT guy and he said "The problem is that the Google Toolbar update has had this effect on some PCs and the solution is to completely remove and reinstall the Office" That sounds like a royal pain. I did scan and repair from control panel and add remove programs with no resolution. Is the above true is there a knwo issue with Google ToolBar or Google Desktop and ...

auto hide row
Is it possible to hide a comple row when a number of the cells in tha row have data in them So if i was entering data into a1,a2,a3 and a4 , once all 4 of thes contained data it automatically hides the line so i can start enterin data into the next row and so o -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi should this happen automatically after inserting the values. And if yes how do you want to change them afterwards? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is it possible to hide a comple row when a number of the cells in > that row have data in them > > So if ...

Script error 1344 printing message in OE2002
Well, Has anybody found out a solution for this problem ? Im able to print from IE, but not from OE2002. Any help would be appreciated Dimitris Not without more info. When do you get this error message and printing what? Also note that there is not OE2002. It's either Outlook 2002 or Outlook Express -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Dimitris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22b7701c45d4f$d73571a0$a001280a@phx.g...

How to create an auto run CD with an access database
How to create an auto run CD with Our Company has created a beautiful Access Database with information for our customers. We would like for the Access DB to start automatically once the customer inserts the CD into any computer. We would like to setup the CD to run all of the access engine utilities from the CD itself. In other words we would like to have a self executed Access database CD Media so the utility on the CD will have everything it needs to execute the DB as soon as the CD is inserted on the drive. Any ideas how to accomplish this will be much appreciated. Than...

auto responder #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C465D4.31D98E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there anyway using Oulook or Outlook Express to do an auto responder = (Out of Office) email message without using an Exchange server? If replying by email...remove the ? at the end of my email addy. Thanks, Paul ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C465D4.31D98E70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD...

Message
I recently totally re-installed all of my programs as well as Windows XP, when I re-installed Office 2003, and downloaded my old settings, using the Save My Settings wizard, I now get two "error" messages, although the box does not say error. I get a box that says Microsoft Office Outlook and then the following (part of which I am going to truncate) C:\documents and settings\Tom.....\Microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid office add-in. I also get a similar one as shown in the subject line above. I can NOT get rid of these. I have tried the repair, as wel...

auto. category matching on downloads
I am current using MS 2003 and love it however it does not match downloaded transactions with categories or provide a way to do that. does 2004 do this? what about 2005? Although from what I read here I dont know if I want to go with 2005 Thanks JohnR ...