OL2010: Asign message to a categories in the "new message" screen

Hi,

The shortest way i know is to click options, then click on properties and then click on Categories and select the categories.

Do you know quick way to do the above?

Can i add to the ribbon of the new message screen the "Categories" button?
could you please specify the procedure step by step?

Thanks

0
omtechguy (2)

Categories are not available when you compose messages -its a privacy
feature as it would be sent with the message and the recipient will see it.
See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/send_categories.asp for a solution.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 8/2/2011 5:10 AM, omtechguy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The shortest way i know is to click options, then click on properties and then click on Categories and select the categories.
>
> Do you know quick way to do the above?
>
> Can i add to the ribbon of the new message screen the "Categories" button?
> could you please specify the procedure step by step?
>
> Thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Outlook not showing new messages
All I have a strange problem. We are running Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2002 This has been fine for 18 months now but in the last month Outlook has started to not show any new messages until you either click "Send and Receive" or just click on the "Inbox" folder (or go to any other folder) I think that this means that it is not telling you that it has new mail until you refresh your view of the mail server. Does anyone have any idea why this might have just started happening Many thanks Ben Holmes It seems I am having this same problem. It is only the machines...

Outlook 2003 freeze when opening new message/replying/forwarding
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C9EB9B.D3E3CDF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am using Office 2003 on Vista Home Premium platform and MS Word as = editor. Have been doing this for years, and I have the same setup in = multiple computers (other computers with XP Pro). Lately, the one in the Vista machine developed a pause when click on a = New Mail, Replying or Forwarding, for about 5 seconds. Everything else = works normal and I didn't have this problem in the begin...

OL2010: Asign message to a categories in the "new message" screen
Hi, The shortest way i know is to click options, then click on properties and then click on Categories and select the categories. Do you know quick way to do the above? Can i add to the ribbon of the new message screen the "Categories" button? could you please specify the procedure step by step? Thanks Categories are not available when you compose messages -its a privacy feature as it would be sent with the message and the recipient will see it. See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/send_categories.asp for a solution. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.out...

When I right Click on a message, I need a NEW message
When I right click on a message, a menu pops out. I need to send a new email to that contact. Reply will insert the old message. I don't need the old message. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.m...

cannot open or reply to a message or new message
Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in outlook 2007 we recieve mail but cannot reply, open or forward mail. It is open in the task bar but will not open up full screen. Any help here would be grateful. Close Outlook. Open it in safe mode. Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe (please note the space between outlook.exe and /safe) Does this behaviour continue? "Cazz" <Cazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355C8102-A769-4B6C-886B-FC8FE61D6495@microsoft.com... > Have just upgraded to windows 7 and now when we are in ...

Outlook 2003 start new message with html source
Hi, I want to start a outlook message but write html to the source rather then text. Is this possible? I can open up an outlook 2003 message and write to the address, subject body. Example: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe /c ipm.note /m asdf?subject=something^&body=^<b^>asdf^</b^> However, this writes <b>asdf</b> in the message body. I want it to write B (in bold), can this be done? ...

unable to poll for new messages?
Can anyone please help w/the following error messages?? Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp' , Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'pop-server.sc.rr.com', Server: 'pop- server.sc.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 .. Any and all help would be appreciated! Than...

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

privacy message in new message
How does one add this type of message to an Ex5.5 system? Pointers to information/instructions would be greatly appreciated. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding_Email_Disclaimer_Text_With_The_IMS_Extension_In_MS_Exchange_55.html -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Barry" <bvangurp@hotmail.com> wro...

Receiving New Messages
My Outlook hangs up and stop responding while receiving new messages. Can anyone help me with this problem? Provide more info like type of service POP3, Exchange, IMAP, HTTP, other... and version of Outlook and anything more you would like to share regarding this issue. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "rdoverspike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Windows Live Mail New Messages
When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a number of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? "Mick in Seaford" <MickinSeaford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29DF4EB-F098-4DBD-931D-DF7017570708@microsoft.com... > When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a > number > of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. > Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? > ...

outlook and word hang when creating a new message
Hello, The few tech notes I have found regarding this simply indicate that it is a known bug. I am wondering if anyone has come across a fix for this. Using Office XP Pro on a Windows 2000 Pro system, if Word and Outlook are open and new message is selected, both applications hang and have to be stopped through task manager. It occurs 3 to 4 times a day, not all the time. No resource messages appear and there is nothing in the event logs. Thanks for any help, Daniel When you say create a "New Message" how are you creating this? (In Outlook with the NEW MESSAGE or in Word ...

New messages showing up as read messages
Hello, I have two users running windows 2000 with office XP pro. They currently seem to be overlooking some of their new messages in the inboxes because when they show up their status shows as read instead of a new message. Has anyone run into this type of problem before? Do they have autopreview on and set to mark messages as read after 5 seconds? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Gregory Edmiston" wrote: > Hello, > I have two user...

New Message Options
I have created a message that I do not want to be sent until a certain date. I went to "Options" and I check do not send before and added a future date. However, the date has come and gone and the person did not get the e- mail. It is still in my outbox. How come? Is there something else that I should have done? ...

New messages not unopened
I have Outlook 2002. I just set up a user account on a new computer and the mail has rules sending it to the individual folders. When I download the mail it goes to the specified folders, but doesn't remain unopened, so I don't know when there is new mail. All my mail is being "opened" when downloading. How do I correct this? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

New messages not showing in Inbox
Hi, We use Outlook 2002 SP2. On a couple of desktops we do not see new messages showing up unless we open an existing message. Once we close the existing message, all new items are there. When we try to click the Send/Receive icon, it does not bring the new items. The Outlook client seem to contact the Exchange server only when we open an existing item. Any thoughts? Thank you. P. Could it be the 'views'? Did you change anything in the 'views'? Try searching for 'Views' in the help file... Good luck! "P" <plavallee@rcn.......com> wrote in messa...

Unable to change default Outlook Font for new message
I have a user who has Outlook 2003 and she is using Word 2003 as her e-mail editor. When she tries to change the default font in Outlook it will not stick after she closed out of the program. If she does not close out, she is able to send e-mails using the new font. I had her try and deselect the option to use Word as her e-mail editor and it seemed to work. Is there another way around this? When she does not use Word as her e-mail editor, her signature file is not formatted correctly. Any help would be appreicated. Where is she selecting the font? Is she using HTML or plain text format? ...

How to prevent new message icon appearing in system tray at arriving of junk messages?
Hello How to prevent the new message icon appearing in the system tray at arriving of junk messages or messages moved to "deleted Items" folder by rules? ...

How to embed and e-mail message into a new message with owa??
I have tried to insert and e-mail message into a new message using owa, but when I drag and drop the message to insert into the new message, it appears many codes, not the message itself. Is there any way to do this? ...

OWA new message and reply message issues
The message box in bothe the new message windows and the reply windows do not load. I beleive this is probly just a security issue with IE, but it seems to work on other pc's with the same preferences. Has anyone else seen this. It only happens on a few pc's. Thanks, Howard ...

'Subject' field is NOT displayed when I create new message
I am using OUTLOOK to check my home mail while in the office, hence it is not set as the "default" email handler since my office mail is gets that setting on another mail handler. However, when I try post or reply to home mail with OUTLOOK, and I can, I just have no way of entering or editing the message "subject". Any suggestions? William While in the new message window, click View | Message Header and see if the Subject field reappears. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to t...

New Messages Not In Bold? Why?
I use Outlook 2002, as a new user configured on my company system. Last night before I left the office, I customized it so that messages from my boss come to me appearing in read, and messages only to me appearing in blue. However, this morning, I see that none of the new messages that arrived to me today are in bold. This is not good, because I really need the bolding to help me organize my messages in my Inbox. What might I have done to cause this, and how can i change it back? I checked F1 and couldn;t find anything on it. Thanks. Chuck ...

Office XP- OUTLOOK: Format toolbar is inactive. Cannot select font, color, underline, italic, etc. This occurs in new message, forward message amd reply message. Tools, Options, Customize, selections
This is the message body. Here you post you issue NOT in th subject line! Anyway; make sure you are composing a HTML or Rich Text formatted mail. You can change this under the Format menu in a new message -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when ma...

New Message Form
I am trying to set my out of office to forward emails onto another account, when I do this I need these words in the subject line "Release-Authorised"... I get create the rule, but cannot see how to get the words inserted... I want to create a message form that allows me to set these words into the form... can anyone advise... am I going about this in the right way? Regards - Paul You can't, but you can add a certain category so you can sort on that with the receiving account. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

Outlook downloads all messages from POP3 instead of new messages
I download messages from my POP3 server. It works fine for few weeks and all of a sudden, Outlook downloads all messages (new and old messages that have been downloaded earlier). On my POP3 server, all old messages are kept for 30 days and get deleted. Whenever this problem occurs, I get all messages for the last 30 days. Is there a way I could stop this behavior? Thanks, CM ...