Hi,

We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One machine
has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.  The other has
Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files over a meg or so in
size.   It seems to actually send the file but the file remains in the
outbox folder and does not move it to the sent folder.  I say it "seems" to
send the file because some people complain of getting muliple copies and
others don't seem to get them at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for
auto send) it seems to send the file again (why some people complain of
getting the same files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long
time and I did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails
to the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?

Disable your AV integration with Outlook. =20

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:

| Hi,
|=20
| We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
| machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.=20
| The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
| over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
| the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
| sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
| complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
| at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
| send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
| files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
| did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
| the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
| possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?
0
Milly
1/21/2008 12:12:13 AM
Thanks, for the advice - I only have Webroot Spy Sweeper integrated with
Outlook.  I disabled the option to monitor attachments.  I did try an email
with a large attachment (7mb) and it did seem to work.  Will have to monitor
it for the next few days to be sure.  How much risk does this present me for
turning this off?  Have you heard if this is a know bug with Spy Sweeper?
Thanks.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
Disable your AV integration with Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:

| Hi,
|
| We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
| machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.
| The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
| over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
| the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
| sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
| complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
| at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
| send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
| files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
| did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
| the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
| possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?

Lots of applications that integrate with Outlook to "protect" you from =
email baddies are nothing more than a scare tactic that prods the =
unsuspecting buyer into paying more money for something that their =
normal antivirus provides out of the box.=20

Scanning incoming email is silly since any email you open will be =
automatically scanned by your real-time virus scanner.  If you think =
scanning outgoing mail is a neat idea, you are overlooking the fact that =
to send virus email, you must already be infected, which means your =
real-time scanner is not working.  In that case, scanning outgoing email =
is the least of your problems.

Besides, all of those programs basically change the way that Outlook =
connects to the server and introduces mail that won't send or mail that =
is sent or downloaded multiple times. =20

Friends don't let friends use Outlook virus scanners.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:

| Thanks, for the advice - I only have Webroot Spy Sweeper integrated
| with Outlook.  I disabled the option to monitor attachments.  I did
| try an email with a large attachment (7mb) and it did seem to work.=20
| Will have to monitor it for the next few days to be sure.  How much
| risk does this present me for turning this off?  Have you heard if
| this is a know bug with Spy Sweeper? Thanks.
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
| Disable your AV integration with Outlook.
|=20
| --=81
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|=20
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|=20
| After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:
|=20
|| Hi,
||=20
|| We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
|| machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.
|| The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
|| over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
|| the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
|| sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
|| complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
|| at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
|| send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
|| files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
|| did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
|| the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
|| possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?
0
Milly
1/21/2008 3:38:21 AM
Can you trust yourself to send appropriate attachments? If so, why do you
need to scan outgoing email?

While you can make a better case for scanning inbound mail (I think user
training and a good AV is better option), there is little benefit in
scanning outbound messages for any reason.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"RosaleeH" <daveharney@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, for the advice - I only have Webroot Spy Sweeper integrated with
> Outlook.  I disabled the option to monitor attachments.  I did try an
> email with a large attachment (7mb) and it did seem to work.  Will have to
> monitor it for the next few days to be sure.  How much risk does this
> present me for turning this off?  Have you heard if this is a know bug
> with Spy Sweeper? Thanks.
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
> Disable your AV integration with Outlook.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
> | machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.
> | The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
> | over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
> | the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
> | sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
> | complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
> | at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
> | send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
> | files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
> | did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
> | the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
> | possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/21/2008 7:33:21 PM
Rest assured, your ISP may be the one that is balking. Most have a 5MB
limit.
"RosaleeH" <daveharney@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, for the advice - I only have Webroot Spy Sweeper integrated with
> Outlook.  I disabled the option to monitor attachments.  I did try an
> email with a large attachment (7mb) and it did seem to work.  Will have to
> monitor it for the next few days to be sure.  How much risk does this
> present me for turning this off?  Have you heard if this is a know bug
> with Spy Sweeper? Thanks.
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
> Disable your AV integration with Outlook.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
> | machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.
> | The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
> | over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
> | the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
> | sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
> | complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
> | at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
> | send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
> | files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
> | did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
> | the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
> | possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?

0
Anthemwebs (309)

OL2007 and SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders
Hi, In OL 2003 I used a registry setting [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail] "SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders"=dword:00000001 This allowed me to see the complete email text rather than just the headers, by right clicking on a mail in the mail list and selecting Options from the dropdown menu. The full text would then show in the "Internet Headers" section of the "Message Options" dialog. I have tried to add this registry hack with OL 2007 and it appears to have no effect? erm yes I did change /11.0/ to /12.0/ and yes I did bou...

txt file #2
I would like to transfer the value of a few cells(date, cost and profit) to some txt file, and this every time the xls file is closed. How would one do that? Hi just as a starting point: - you can use the workbook event 'Workbook_Beforeclose' to put this code into (see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm for more details about event procedures) - you may try the following code as starting point in your workbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim output_str output_str=Cstr(me.worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value) Open "C....

Attempting to restore money files in Money 2004 from Money for PPC
My computer HD recently crashed. I am now back and running with exception of Microsoft Money 2004. I have it successfully installed on my PC and am hoping to restore my various accounts to it form my PPC with money for PPC 2004 on it. The PPC accounts are current and appear to be intact. When I attempt to sync Activesync 3.7.1 says everything including money have successfully synched. However when I check Money on the PC nothing has been added. It seems that if some changes are made to the PPC that these changes are synched. I really do not want to make changes to every entry just to sy...

Moving curesor in excel a set number of coulumns to the right or l
In excel 2003 I want to move the cursor a set number of columns to the right or left a set number of columns. Tab does not work for what I need. I want the active cell to move x number of columns over to the righ tor left. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JPD" <JPD@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A234A0DB-96CB-404B-AF45-5FDDF5B5DCD0@microsoft.com... > In excel 2003 I want to move the cursor a set number of columns to the right > or left a set number of columns. Tab does not work for what I need. I want > the ...

Move to VS 2005
I have a VC++, MFC, OpenGL app of about 7 MB of source code and I feel rumblings about the need to move to VS2005. Just for fun, and some scar tissue, I installed VB Express and loaded up a simple VB6 utility the package includes. Looks like some major rewrite required. Question(s): How difficult is it to move from VS6, VC++, MFC, OpenGL to VS 2005? We would move to Team Edition or Professional as a minimum. Mike B. > I have a VC++, MFC, OpenGL app of about 7 MB of source code and I feel > rumblings about the need to move to VS2005. Just for fun, and some > scar tissue, I insta...

Recovery of ASD files
My computer crashed and was in the middle of working on two Word files. When I rebooted and started Word I was not given the automatic auto recovery function. I did find the auto recovery (.asd) files and made copies and renamed as .wbk files. I could not open either .asd or .wbk files ("Word cannot open because unsupported file type"). Is there a way to open these files in Word? I was able to open in notepad but most of the data inside the file was not readable. Thanks. ...

Move email
I am running Outlook 2003. When I delete a message or move a message from my Inbox, it stays in my Inbox with a line through the subject. How do I get it to actually move immediately? Are you using an IMAP mailbox? If so, those messages are in the mailbox but haven't been purged yet (it's on the Edit menu, if I remember correctly) "Outlook User" <Outlook User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C77181EE-75EA-4EFF-AB6D-4D434C16C58E@microsoft.com... >I am running Outlook 2003. When I delete a message or move a message from >my > Inbox, it stay...

opening file from desktop shortcut
I have a funny situation. I have several users sharing a spreadshee from a mapped drive. They each have a shortcut to the file on thei desktop. When one opens it, makes a change and saves it, another use then opens it and does not see the change. If this second user the closes it, goes to the mapped drive and opens it from their it the reflects the recent changes. How can this file be opened from a deskto shortcut with all current changes shown -- jpm211 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpm2111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

supporting file location
When I "publish to web" and all of my .htm/.jif/.jpg/etc. files are created, they are stored on my computer. I then FTP them to the server and pull up the website. The main page is there, however, when I click on a link, it tries to access the location back on my original computer instead of the global location of the files on the server. Is there an option somewhere in Publisher that produces .htm files with a global location? Or do I have to continue to edit the .htm files and change the location manual? I'm thinking there should be a checkbox SOMEWHERE in Publishe...

Laplink for Netbooks to move applications?
Has anyone used the $29.95 "Laplink for netbooks" to move selected applications from an older XP to a netbook also running XP? I have an old (2002) HP laptop that I want to retire, but have kept because it has 5 or 6 irreplaceable applications that I either downloaded or have lost the CDs. TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> said this in news item news:Og5l$W7kKHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Has anyone used the $29.95 "Laplink for netbooks" to move selected > applications from an older XP to a netbook also running XP? ...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

convert mdb files to mde files
I bought a new computer with access 2000 on it.I copied my access 97 files onto a cd before I got rid of it. Now when I try to set up the database, I get a message that I need to convert the mdb form to mde.I go to the tools section in access and convert the data base but access still will not recognize the data. Can anybody give me any help. Thanks Hello, Create a new blank database in Access 2000. From the new database, select File - Get External Data - Import option and bring all the objects (tables, queries, etc) from Access 97 database. FYI: List of conversion information fo...

Moving Internet Connection
I have added an Exchange 2003 server to our Exchange SG. The SG has an Exchange 2000 server that has the internet connection. The Exchange 2000 server was the first and only server for about a year. I have moved all mailboxes from the Exchange 2000 server to the Excahnge 2003 server. I have replicated the Public Folders to the Exchange 2003 server for about 1 month. I want to move the internet connection from the Exchange 2000 server to the Excahnge 2003 server and then remove the Exchange 2000 server from the SG. My plan is as follows: Change the MX record to point to the new Exchange...

full backup not flushing logs files
Hi. I just introduce a new Exchange Cluster on my environment (Ex2003 SP2 running on 2 node Act/Pass Win2k03 R2 cluster). I noticed that went I do a full backup using ntbackup utility on node 1 the logs files are not being committed and flushed. Backup job is succesfully completed. Other backup jobs works just fine. This only happen on node1, node 2 works ok. servers are identical (cluster) and already review cabling. any ideas? TIA -- Elvyn Gutierrez Pellerano & Herrera MIS/Lan Manager "Elvyn Gutierrez" <elvyng@codetel.net.do> wrote in message news:eyGE489...

Users cannot access their mailbox after moving them to a second Storage group
Odd behaviour in Exchange 2003 Created a second Storage Group and moved several Mailboxes from users into this new storage group using the System Manager task: Move Mailbox - pretty straight forward. The mailboxes moved OK, the user acounts in Active directory show the new mailbox locations, yet the users cannot connect to the mailbox: Outlook 2003 just pops up with "The folders could not be opened", OWA gives me a simple 500 Error. Administrators also can no longer connect to the moved mailboxes. Users whose mailboxes have not been moved work as before. The server has been restarted...

open a file on PDA?
I try to open a file on the PDA but that don't work. The file is located in the same directory that the program. The filename is elevator.dxf. So i const char * fred = "elevator.dxf"; the file name is pass to function etc... drawing.LoadFile(fred) etc.... and FileName is in debugger = "elevator.dxf" pStream = fopen( FileName, "rb" )) but pStream is NULL there; Why? In the same program, i call hinstLIB = LoadLibrary( "LIB.dll" ) and same LIB.dll is on the same directory of the program but that time that's work, he find the file and load the l...

How do I update hyperlink locations when file is moved?
There are nearly 500 of them in this file, and when the IT guys did some things, it ends up on a different drive and the links no longer work. I don't really want to do them all one at a time. If you press Alt+F9 to display the field codes, you can use Replace to find and replace the relevant portion of the path. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MWAPy" <MWAPy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C51914-A123-4CAA-A7A7-2B3F85F3D5EA@microsoft.com... > There are nearly...

how to sync fileds between tables in different database
Hi, I want to provide synchronisatiion between fields of two tables in different databases. what can be acheived by synchronising two fileds. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. i want to provide synchronisation between EmpID fields in both tables. While Synchronising what is the functionality i can acheive? Hi Do you want to find out EmpID that exists in db1 and NOT EXISTS in db2? Have you looked into www.red-gate.com "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

ol2007 on windows 7 send trouble
I double check the account settings for OL 2007 on W7 against the setup that works in OL2003 under xp. they are identical however I could not send anything as send email message: the connection to the server was interrupted, if this problem continues, contact your server administrator or internet service provider(ISP) the OL 2007 also seem to have trouble opening some emails - appcrash follows the exact msg I got for send failure was like Task 'Jon Smith - ABC - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this pro...

openning a word file in excel
I'm try to open a simple word document in excel. when I click on the .doc filename I get the message: file format is not valid can someone please help? You could open the .doc in word and copy|paste into excel. You could insert a word document (insert|object) into the workbook. But you can't open it directly (for importing??) in excel. ruthie wrote: > > I'm try to open a simple word document in excel. when I > click on the .doc filename I get the message: > file format is not valid > can someone please help? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Try this In E...

Conferting File format
One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than opening each file and saving in the new format? Thank you. vsp deborah <vspdeborah@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person > that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way > to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than > opening each f...

How to use Http to Down/Up load file?
Hello every, I need to use Http to upload and download file or directory. It's not easily to me because class not have CHttpFileFind, How can I use CListControl to express Http Server directory. and upload file from my computer to remote Http Server? I need and thanks for your help. i think, you can upload to use script language such as php. implements post by visual c++ and server side script language can help you. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "冰箱程式員" wrote: > Hello every, I need to us...

listbox data from a closed file
i have a listbox in an excel file on my desktop and want to open a excel file C:\A1.xls having found the info on this site i still find difficulties in openin said file can any one point me in the correct direction to go forward ********************************************************** From a closed workbook that is opened and closed again without the use noticing it With the macro below you can fill a ListBox control with input fro another closed workbook. The macro opens the closed workbook without the user noticing it, get the values for the ListBox and closes the source workbook without...

What is a good program to convert pdf files to word?
I want to be able tosave pdf files as word files. PDF is essentially a graphics format. How well it can be converted to Word format rather depends on what it contains. The most reliable method is to use OCR software, such as Finereader. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>...

can I lock screen so only clicked links move slides in sldeshow
I have created question slides with Yes and No links to the next corresponding slides eg if answer yes link goes to slide 2 if answer No goes to slide 3 this happens during slide show presentation I want to be able to lock the rest of the slide so that only a link click can progress to the next slide because the process does not run in order if you just click anywhere on the screen to progress the slides On Jan 28, 5:19=A0pm, Workworry <Workwo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created =A0question slides with Yes and No links to the next > corresponding ...