OL2003

Does anyone know a solution to my out look problem?
I install OL2003 on a P3 750, 256 M of Ram running win2k
w/ service pak4 networked w/  Exchange 5.5. I'm now
getting an error message that says I'm out of memory or
system resources. I can't be!

Any answers?

What are you trying to do when you get the message? How many programs do you
have open? Did you install Outlook 2003 as an upgrade over a previous
version of Outlook?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Big john" <red_skelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know a solution to my out look problem?
> I install OL2003 on a P3 750, 256 M of Ram running win2k
> w/ service pak4 networked w/  Exchange 5.5. I'm now
> getting an error message that says I'm out of memory or
> system resources. I can't be!
>
> Any answers?

0
dianenws (1904)

Where did the Outlook Shortcuts disappear in OL2003?
I recently upgraded my Outlook 2000 to OL 2003 and now I find that my shortcut sidebar has disappeared. How can I get it back, please? /Bo Bo Berglund bo.berglund(at)nospam.telia.com Use the shortcut pane on the navigation bar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsl...

OL2003 Rules
Rule made to move messages from the Global Address List Address Book, on this machine only, move to a specific folder, quit working when Exchange server upgraded to 2003. Deleted and reintitiated the rule. No joy. Similar rules for mail from individual accounts on the GAL work well, but these do not specify movement from an address book. (The idea here is to, instead of filtering messages out of the inbox, filter internal mail out and put that in a priority location) Any suggestions welcome. Thanks. For what version of Outlook? In case of Outlook 2003 have you tried deleting the oa...

OL2003
Does anyone know a solution to my out look problem? I install OL2003 on a P3 750, 256 M of Ram running win2k w/ service pak4 networked w/ Exchange 5.5. I'm now getting an error message that says I'm out of memory or system resources. I can't be! Any answers? What are you trying to do when you get the message? How many programs do you have open? Did you install Outlook 2003 as an upgrade over a previous version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outloo...

Viewing Folder list, Inbox and Calendar in the same window in OL2003
Does anyone know if this is possible? Use Outlook Today for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26ff01c47037$5392d360$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks Robert for your reply. Yes, I am aware of OL today (and the ability to customize). I'd like to have the full Inbox window and the live calendar view (just as if you opened it in a new w...

Delayed Delivery
In 2002 I could forward a drafted message with a delay of so many days. It would actually SEND the composed mail to the server which would hold it until the specified date/time of delivery. No worries left for me, I could shut down my pc and leave and it would still get delivered I updated to 2003 (required at work) and tried to do this and it keeps saving the mail in my outbox without sending it to the server... THIS IS BAD. I know you say I should leave my PC on, but I'm not supposed to, but I still need that message delivered at exactly that time... How can I fix this and force it to s...

OL2003 launch
I ma getting the message "Exchange is currently in recovery mode. You can either connect to your Exchange server using the network, work offline, or cancel this logon." with the options of Connect, Work Offline or Cancel. What causes this and how do I keep it from coming up on me. Contact your mail adminstrator to verify that the Exchange server is fully operational. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "gastewa" <anonymous...

OL2003: IMAP account and Rule Wizard
Hi, I set up Outlook 2003 SP2 (11.8010.6568) to use my IMAP account. I created the following rules to run on IMAP account: Rule A -> move message from sender A to email subfolder A of personal folder Rule B -> move message from sender B to email subfolder B of personal folder Rule C -> move any message to Inbox of personal folder This is what I get: Rule A moves message from sender A to subfolder A (personal folder) Rule B moves message from sender B to subfolder B (personal folder) Rule C moves any other message to Inbox (personal folder) plus messages from sender A and B W...

Having an animation in OL2003
Running OL2003 SP1 and want to set up an animation (gif) in the signature. With OL 2000 this animation worked fine. I don't have any other Office apps installed, I just bout OL2003 on its own. I copy an animation into the signature box, and I see it working fine in the signature creation dialogs, but when I make a new message, the message shows a placeholder box only and not the animation. What do I need to enable the animation so I can see it when composing a new message? TIA Gary Gary <cc@dd.com> wrote: > I copy an animation into the signature box, and I see it wor...

How to configure OL2003 with exchange svr 2003 host multiple domains?
Dear, I have setup thee internal domains to exchange data using my single exchange server 2003,I added three MX records for each server of them in my local DNS, When I want to configure my Outlook2003 with Exchange Server Account of them, it gives me an error tell me that "Name Could not be resolved. The bookmark is not valid". although I can configure these account as POP3 or IMAP4., but ot as Exchange Server Account. I already added e-mail address for every user with his corresponding domain, and configured the Default Reciepient Policy to have this server is the responsible...

OL2003 readasplain
I have used ReadAsPlain in the reg.db. with Outlook XP - it worked. Now with Outlook 2003, HTML mails are opened in HTML even if ReadAsPlain is set to 1. How come? Regards, Lars. "Lars Bonnesen" <none@none���.com> wrote in message news:eZp1PaK7DHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have used ReadAsPlain in the reg.db. with Outlook XP - it worked. > > Now with Outlook 2003, HTML mails are opened in HTML even if ReadAsPlain is > set to 1. > > How come? Got it - I have to add it to the "11" folder as in the "10" folder... doh? Regards, ...

Can Mot Open a web link in OL2003
Just updated to Office 2003 from 2000 and can not open web links in any message. When clicking on the web link a message "this operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Contact your system administrator." ...

No Code and Security available (OL2003)
Hello, I have a very funny problem. If I start Outlook 2003 I can't set the security options, can't open macros (ALT F8) and can't get into the vba-code (ALT F11). There is no error message. Just nothing.... What can I do? This is on my laptop. At the workstation it works fine! Thank you, Murphy ...

OL2003
How can you devise a rule to catch junk email sent to you that is disguised by using your own email address (associated with some bogus senders name)? ...

OL2003 Automagically add replied-to addresses
In OL2000, one could automagically add replied-to addresses into the Address Book. Is this feature available in 2003? Cheers, Mike... No but there are addins for it that can do yhat; http://www.howto-outlook.com/addins.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "TCV" <otakuvidiot@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1109866019.097322.12280@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > In OL2000, one could automagically add replied-...

Rules and OL2003
I use Windows XP pro at home, I have two user accounts, mine and my wifes. We are sharing one PST folder, so if she checks the email it will also download mine. However, when I created the rules to sort her mail from mine, it works on one account and not on the other. When I go to check the rules it says "on this machine only" and I can't seem to get rid of it. If I create a second set of rules it will duplicate all of the messages as it runs the rules twice. Any help? I think I figured this one out, however now on my wifes account I get one of my rules that keeps changing...

OL2003 attachments
Hi, I have a new XP pro box with Office 2003, Outlook with Business Contacts, all the latest patches installed. I am running Symantec Corporate AV 8.0 client on the machine. When I try to open a Word or Excel attachment in outlook, it locks up and I have to go into task manager to shut it down. I can save the file to disk and then open it OK. I have had this computer for about a month now, and it seems at first I did not have this problem, but it is getting worse now. I did search the knowledge base, but nothing seems to match this problem. Thanks - Wayne <longshot> Open...

OL2003 downloads the same messages over and over
I just upgraded and set 2003 like 2002 to leave messages on server for 3 days. Now ever time I send receive I get everything that was on the server even it had been downloaded before Some suggested turning logging on and submitting the file here... turned it on but cannot locate the file. HELP!!! with volume of email I get and freqency I check I am faced with hundreds of copies of the same message. ...

[OL2003] Free/busy information not automatically updated on server
Hi, my free/busy information are not automatically updated every 5 minutes despite the configuration in Calendar Options. The manual update works perfectly fine. Working without exchange, but with OL2003/Vista. Any hints are highly appreciated. Best wishes, J. Where are you publishing your free/busy? http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/freebusy.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jannick Asmus asked: | Hi, | | my free/busy informa...

Attachments on OL2003
In OL2003, when an email is printed that contains an attachment, under the "Subject:" line at the top of the email is printed "Attachments: filename.ext". When I do a reply to that same message, the "Subject:" line is included in the original text portion of the initial email under the new email, but the line "Attachments: filename.ext" is not included. How can I cause the line "Attachments: filename.ext" to be under the "Subject:" line in the original text under the new reply message just as it is when it printed above? Are ther...

OL2003: Virus or not?
I just sent replies (with PDF attachments) to two messages and was horrified to find out that the recipients received 8 - 10 copies of my email within 30 minutes. Strangely, none of these ever ended up in the Sent Messages folder. What caused this and how can I keep it from happening again? (One of the guys suggested the system might be on autorepeat. If so, how would I fix that?) ...

address book expt frm outlook express to ol2003
I read the instructions as to how to transfer my address book from outlk exp to outlook 200 i am to use a contact folder. when i choose the exp button from the add bk, where to i expt i to What do i type in for file name etc? Choose for a Microsoft Exchange Address Book -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! ww...

OL2003 Newsgroup?
Is there a newsgroup for issues surrounding the beta of OL2003? In the event this isn't an OL2003-only issue, I'm having problems removing .PST files from the list of available folders. I'm wanting to just clear out the list of "available folders". The folder's data files are gone, but the reference to them in the Outlook bar still appear, and when I try to remove them, it just says it can't. If this is the wrong place to post this, please accept my apologies, and point me to the correct place. Scott ...

OL2003 RPC over HTTP
I have the latest service pack and the latest updates but I do not have the option when I configure my outlook client to connect to my exchange server over HTTP. I am on windows xp Office 2003 Any ideas Got it you need do download Microsoft Knowledge Base article 331320 updates "Paul Banco" <pbanco@ciban.com> wrote in message news:OMmSyGnvDHA.1088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have the latest service pack and the latest updates but I do not have the > option when I configure my outlook client to connect to my exchange server > over HTTP. > > I am on windows ...

Programming buttons in OL2003?
Hi All, I'd like to add a couple of buttons to the toolbar in Outlook 2003 to perform a couple of specific actions. 1. I'd like a button that starts a send / receive check for a specific "send / receive group". 2. I'd like a button that opens a new email to a predefined email address. In other words, I send a lot of email to, eg, someone@somewhere.com. I'd like a button that opens the new email window with it already addressed to someone@somewhere.com. Can anyone help me achieve these two goals? Many thanks in advance! Much warmth, Murray Both goals are describ...

OL2003 Autocorrect
Is there a way for the autocorrect spellcheck in outlook2003 to work without having word2003 (we have wordxp)? Thank-you Hi, I do not think that is possible as you need to have Word 2003 as the default email editor and also the option of the Auto Correct works only when you have Word 2003. Hope this helps !!! Regards, Sudharson.AN "EvanM" <evan@radiologyonesource.com> wrote in message news:0cd201c3fb32$952125e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for the autocorrect spellcheck in > outlook2003 to work without having word2003 (we have > wordxp)? Thank-you Ev...