OL2003 will not use default email account for sending emails

I have copied the following from an earlier message within this group.
A recommendation was posted, but did not help the original poster nor
myself in resolving the issue.  I have noticed this problem within the
past 24 hours and can not overcome.  Here is the original post from a
couple months ago:

:>I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1
:>
:>I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to
:>mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a
:>new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my
:>other account.
:>
:>This even happens when i select the account from within the new
:>mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via
:>mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non
:>default account..
:>
:>How do i sort this as it is really annoying..

The primary difference between my plight and the original poster's is
the fact my default email account has been used for years (i.e., I did
not just recently add it).  I have attempted changing the default
account and while it works like a charm for the different email
accounts I have set up, when I select my primary email POP3 provider
as my default account (again, which I have used for years and various
iterations of OL have accepted as my default from email address)
OL2003 will now not use the selected account for the "from" email
address-- even when this account is manually selected from the list of
eligible accounts from which to use within an email being composed.

Please help!

Thanks,

--Howie

Changing Outlook's default "Save As" directory
Is there any way to change the default "Save As" directory under Outlook 2000 through the registry? What is happening is that users are opening attachments, editing them and then saving them using "File\Save As" . The problem here is that the default "Save As" directory is supposedly some randonly generated folder that starts with "OLK" and has a couple of numbers added to it. (OLK52). The problem with this is that alot of the times they cannot locate the attachment to work with again, plus the fact is that we have DeepFreeze installed on these PC&#...

OL2003 Rules
Rule made to move messages from the Global Address List Address Book, on this machine only, move to a specific folder, quit working when Exchange server upgraded to 2003. Deleted and reintitiated the rule. No joy. Similar rules for mail from individual accounts on the GAL work well, but these do not specify movement from an address book. (The idea here is to, instead of filtering messages out of the inbox, filter internal mail out and put that in a priority location) Any suggestions welcome. Thanks. For what version of Outlook? In case of Outlook 2003 have you tried deleting the oa...

Outlook Not sending all of a sudden
Outlook 2007 All of a sudden it is not sending messages. It is receiving them but not sending. I am checking into it with my ISP. Wanted to post it here to see if there might be something I should be looking for in Outlook also. I have not made any changes to Outlook. Thanks Hallpy Holidays. Bob UPDATE!!!! Outlook is sending. It is just not deleting from the Outbox. What is causing this?? Bob "Davet102" wrote: > Outlook 2007 > > All of a sudden it is not sending messages. > > It is receiving them but not sending. > > I am checking into it with ...

Default Tagline (Signature) or Footer Addendum
Is there a way, at the server level to add a footer or tagline to each outgoing mail message? On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 05:59:52 -0700, "T.M. Carter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way, at the server level to add a footer or >tagline to each outgoing mail message? There's http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q258/2/06.ASP&NoWebContent=1 And http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317327 There's also your anti spam product which usually will have this functiona...

pop3 connector delivering duplicate emails after SP1 install
Installed SBS 2003 SP1 over night (includes Ecxhange 2003 SP1) We have been using the POP3 connector to collect mail from a Global Mailbox and emails are delivered to recipients. After the upgrade, the POP3 connector is delivering duplicate emails when it reads the To: and Cc: fields. Emails that come in where recipients are in both the To: and Cc: fields, are duplicated and delivered multiple copies, depending on the number of recipients. e.g an external user sends an email to usera@mymail.com (To: field )and CC's userb@mymail.com. usera@mymail.com - receives 2 emails userb@myma...

Question about DLL using MFC
Hi! I am new to the DLL world. I have created a simple class declared as following: class __declspec(dllexport) myapi { public: // status bool error; // last status char *errmsg; // if error is true, this is the reason // default constructor and destructor myapi(); virtual ~myapi(); private: void setErrmsg(const char *str); }; and the setErrmsg() is implemented as: void myapi::setErrmsg(const char *str) { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); int len; len = strlen(str); if(len != 0) { if(errmsg != NULL) { delete [] errmsg; errmsg = NULL; } errmsg = new ch...

How to use callback in a MFC DLL in .NET program?
Dear all, This may not be the right place to ask this question but it is MFC related: I have a DLL developed in VS6 using MFC, one of the function is this: void API::startScan(void (__stdcall *lpfn)(void *status)) { .... } lpfn is a callback function supplied by caller(in this case, a function in my .NET C++ program), status is a pointer to a complex structure inside the DLL. I need to copy the data pointed by status in the callback function. Now I am developing application in VS2005 using .NET CLR My question is how to implement the callback function and allocate memory for the structured ...

Where did the Outlook Shortcuts disappear in OL2003?
I recently upgraded my Outlook 2000 to OL 2003 and now I find that my shortcut sidebar has disappeared. How can I get it back, please? /Bo Bo Berglund bo.berglund(at)nospam.telia.com Use the shortcut pane on the navigation bar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsl...

What functions should I use?...please assist.
I have a problem with Excel. I have a worksheet with two columns. In one column is a date when an event was due, and in the other, when it was completed. What I want to do is to easily figure out how many items were completed after they were due. What I would like to do is have Excel recognize that one date (the completed date) is after the due date, and if that were true, to generate the number 1 in a third column, in the same row for that event. After this I would simply sum the 1s in this third column to get the result. What would the function or series of functions be to recognize t...

During change username in Outlook account, Exchange don't ask me any information #2
When I change the username in Outlook (all versions) with an Exchange 2003 account, the server doesn't ask me new user information, as domain or password. In this way I could connect to other mailboxes, be sufficient I have the username only. How I connect to the server with another username and how Exchange is be able to ask me correct informations? ...

use security token
how can use security token in outlook. i want do encrypt message and signed mail with my security token. my token support pkcs#11 ...

Open 'new email' in outlook (using word as editor, as per normal)
I have a field in each record of a continuous form that contains an email address. There is a command button next to it which, when clicked, should open outlook to email that address. Like what happens in a normal email hyperlinks I can see two ways of doing this: 1) Turn the field to a hyperlink. This works perfectly, however it makes it a pain to edit the link. 2) Use the sendobject command in VBA / a macro. Again: This works, however unlike the above it opens the new message directly in outlook instead of using word as the email editor as per outlook settings?? Can anyone shed any ligh...

Interest balance on an account...
Say I have a loan of $10,000 at 7.9% AER. Interest is charged daily and compounded, which I can find out by using =(NOMINAL(7.9%,365)/365) which gives me 0.02083% for the daily interest rate. How can I write a formula that will automatically display the account balance (principal plus interest) on any given day in the past or future, or the present date of the system? Marcus ...

Will a subform work in this scenario
I have a report that looks like this: UID Seq Date Person Restriction Data Impact Message Reimb 2 134 17-Jul-06 Bob Driving Accident $729.00 Yes Yes 2 134 Joe Accident $17.35 2 134 Rex Accident $8.42 2 134 Adam Accident $47.62 2 134 Jane Accident $17.93 2 134 William Accident $64.22 2 134 Robert ...

Outlook 2007 will only open in Safe mode
I have tried disabling all the add ins and it still will only open in safe mode. What else do I need to try. Also tried switch /resetnavpane Thanks. Is this a new problem or triggered by some event? "safetymom" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:eKlkhRJZKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have tried disabling all the add ins and it still will only open in safe >mode. What else do I need to try. > > Also tried switch /resetnavpane > > Thanks. safetymom wrote: > I have tried disabling all the add ins and it s...

Add money to your Paypal account with OPRAH T[)[p
Read this message until the end, and you will find out how the money flows in easy !!!!. Follow the steps and it WILL work. Trust me !!!!!. It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. PROVEN ON OPRAH! Reported in the Wall Street Journal!!!! The only thing you need is : - E-MAIL ACCOUNT - PREMIER (FREE) or BUSINESS PAYPAL ACCOUNT - $6 on this account (The only investment) - 30 minutes of your time There is no limit on how much money you can recieve, and you haven't got anything to lose with this Business program. I will explain how it works !!!!!. Follow these 4 easy steps an...

Daylight saving problems when using winapi's timezone functions.
Hi, I get times from a server given in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time or Universal Time Coordinated), that is similar to GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) but not adjusted to daylight saving time. That is, during summer, UTC differs one hour from London time, since UK uses daylight saving during summer. The application I develop is used worldwide so I can not assume or hardcode anything. This should not be a problem since winapi have functions to handle this. I do the following. The function I use to convert UTC time to local time (New York time for me) looks like this: COleDateTime Conver...

OL2003
Does anyone know a solution to my out look problem? I install OL2003 on a P3 750, 256 M of Ram running win2k w/ service pak4 networked w/ Exchange 5.5. I'm now getting an error message that says I'm out of memory or system resources. I can't be! Any answers? What are you trying to do when you get the message? How many programs do you have open? Did you install Outlook 2003 as an upgrade over a previous version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outloo...

Outlook 2002 Will Not Connect to Server after WinXP SP2 Install
Anyone aware of why Outlook 2002 would not connect to a POP3 mail server after installing Windows XP Service Pack 2? I wanted to get the enhanced firewall and security improvements from the SP, but after installation NOTHING would get Outlook 2002 (or Outlook Express) to "connect" to my POP3 E-mail server. Went thru all possible "fixes" including blowing away the account info and creating a brand new one - nothing worked until I used System Restore to rollback to pre-SP2 - then Outlook works again. ...

why is my email file (~300k) size so much larger than my .pub fil.
I don't understand why when I "send email as message" in publisher 2003, the email that gets sent is so much larger than my .pub file size. bengrad wrote: > I don't understand why when I "send email as message" in publisher > 2003, the email that gets sent is so much larger than my .pub file > size. MIME encoding overhead. The size will increase by about a third. -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. ...

Using Enter Key to move from field to field
I've created two forms in the same database. In the first form I must use Tab to move through the fields -- the second form allows the use of the Enter Key. How can I get the first form to accept the Enter Key? Right now if I push Enter by mistake in the first form it erases the text (but if I do "undo" the text is restored.). I can't find where to set this. FYI - I have a totally different database where the form also allows the Enter Key to be used to move from field to field. Thanks for any help. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com...

Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed and will need
Hi: First time poster, long time outlook user. Running Office 2000. Recently experiencing the error above. Have tried a few online fixes, Scanpst, renaming PSt files, reloading Outlook. Stuck and looking for advice. Would rather not lose my old info, email, contacts, but would be happier to have outlook back online. Any help appreciated. Have you tried creating a new Outlook profile? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook...

OL2003 launch
I ma getting the message "Exchange is currently in recovery mode. You can either connect to your Exchange server using the network, work offline, or cancel this logon." with the options of Connect, Work Offline or Cancel. What causes this and how do I keep it from coming up on me. Contact your mail adminstrator to verify that the Exchange server is fully operational. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "gastewa" <anonymous...

Email can't use my Contacts
When I click "TO" in email window, I get "The address list could not be displayed. The COntacts folder associated with this address list could not ne opened..." It then opens the "Select Names" dialog with no names listed. But in the "Show Names .." box there are 2 "Contacts" items listed; if I change to the second noe, I get my contatcs names, but next time I have to startover. Base on answer to post 174057 I tried to open the address book dialog but I got the same thing. I have configured this correctly in the past, but I just did a new Ou...

Email archiving #3
Can anyone suggest a product that can archive an email item based on its content such as SSN, credit card number, keywords, etc? We currently use a product to archive mail based on retention/age of item to manage mailbox sizes, and now have been asked to look into journaling. However, management doesn't seem to understand that journaling captures everything. They only want to capture the "important" stuff and keep the junk out... Are there any products out there that can do this while also taking the control out of the users hand? SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.mi...