OL2003 Rules

Rule made to move messages from the Global Address List Address Book, on
this machine only, move to a specific folder, quit working when Exchange
server upgraded to 2003.

Deleted and reintitiated the rule. No joy.

Similar rules for mail from individual accounts on the GAL
work well, but these do not specify movement from an address book.

(The idea here is to, instead of filtering messages out of the inbox, filter
internal mail out and put that in a priority location)

Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

For what version of Outlook? In case of Outlook 2003 have you tried deleting
the oab-files manually and have the oab rebuild itself? Also make sure that
the rule is listed at the top to make sure no other rule catches it first.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
-Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

-----
"PC" <Peter.Casey@SSA.GOV> wrote in message
Rule made to move messages from the Global Address List Address Book, on
this machine only, move to a specific folder, quit working when Exchange
server upgraded to 2003.

Deleted and reintitiated the rule. No joy.

Similar rules for mail from individual accounts on the GAL
work well, but these do not specify movement from an address book.

(The idea here is to, instead of filtering messages out of the inbox, filter
internal mail out and put that in a priority location)

Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

0
Roady

Processing a rule dependant on time
I would like to forward any home email I receive during the working day (9-5:30) to my work address (my home PC is always on). Is there any way with rules that a message is only forwarded if received within a specified date span? Thanks for any help. Steve -- [email: remove the SPAMTRAP] No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Netman � asked: | I would like to forward any home e...

Rule: Delete from server
Vista business, windows mail Hi, there is a rule in windows mail: "delete from server" if - for exemple - special words exist in the text of the mail. In this case, you cannot click the further rule: "do not execute further rules" The effect is, that this mails are loaded in my computer. I expected that they would be deleted from the mail-server and would not be sent to my computer. PS. Please excuse my English, it's a long time that I've learned it ! See http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm#delete steve "Hans" <h.schrott@...

Outlook rules #32
I am running Outlook 2002 in Office XP. I have about 20 rules to control my mail and I tend to get errors on half of them. This causes my In Box to fill up with non-essential email that I want to read but is of secondary importance to other things. How do I correct this? LV You'll need to explain a bit more to get help here: version and platform of Outlook what errors do you get? Thanks. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia www.acorntraining.com.au When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlo...

OL2003 Rules
Rule made to move messages from the Global Address List Address Book, on this machine only, move to a specific folder, quit working when Exchange server upgraded to 2003. Deleted and reintitiated the rule. No joy. Similar rules for mail from individual accounts on the GAL work well, but these do not specify movement from an address book. (The idea here is to, instead of filtering messages out of the inbox, filter internal mail out and put that in a priority location) Any suggestions welcome. Thanks. For what version of Outlook? In case of Outlook 2003 have you tried deleting the oa...

Where did the Outlook Shortcuts disappear in OL2003?
I recently upgraded my Outlook 2000 to OL 2003 and now I find that my shortcut sidebar has disappeared. How can I get it back, please? /Bo Bo Berglund bo.berglund(at)nospam.telia.com Use the shortcut pane on the navigation bar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsl...

Server Side Rules
Where do I find any rules that may have been placed on my Exchange server regarding junk mail filtering, redirection of messages, etc? Thanks in advance. ...

Repeatin Rules
I use Rules in my Outlook 2003 and forward computer matters e-mails to Computer Support folder. However, inspite have been ruled, such e-mails insist in be forwarded to Inbox instead of Computer Support folder. I repeat this customization many times. When consulting Rules about such e-mails, they appear repeated times, having add to rule (2), (3), (4), in accordance with number of repeated rules for same e-mail. Need assistance in correct above problem. Anyone can help ? Delete all your rules (after exporting them for reference) and re-add them, using the Stop Processing action to avoid du...

OL2003
Does anyone know a solution to my out look problem? I install OL2003 on a P3 750, 256 M of Ram running win2k w/ service pak4 networked w/ Exchange 5.5. I'm now getting an error message that says I'm out of memory or system resources. I can't be! Any answers? What are you trying to do when you get the message? How many programs do you have open? Did you install Outlook 2003 as an upgrade over a previous version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outloo...

All rules suddenly have errors (2007)
This has been happening to me a LOT lately: For no reason, all of my rules stop working. They all show errors, and are turned off (unchecked). I close outlook, wait a few minutes, open it back up, boom - no more errors. But their still all turned off, and I have to go one by one and turn them on again. They work for awhile, then next day, they stop again. Sometimes I have to go through all of them and re-enter which destination folder they should go to, etc etc. This is driving me nuts. What can I do? Which mail account type are you using? Do you open this pst-file o...

OL2003 launch
I ma getting the message "Exchange is currently in recovery mode. You can either connect to your Exchange server using the network, work offline, or cancel this logon." with the options of Connect, Work Offline or Cancel. What causes this and how do I keep it from coming up on me. Contact your mail adminstrator to verify that the Exchange server is fully operational. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "gastewa" <anonymous...

Viewing Folder list, Inbox and Calendar in the same window in OL2003
Does anyone know if this is possible? Use Outlook Today for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26ff01c47037$5392d360$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks Robert for your reply. Yes, I am aware of OL today (and the ability to customize). I'd like to have the full Inbox window and the live calendar view (just as if you opened it in a new w...

rules erratic behavior
In Outlook 2002, rules wizard does not always "catch" incoming emails and process them. The only clue I have so far, is that the last time the rules did not work properly, a message with a virus had arrived along with several "good" emails. Whenever a virus arrives via email Norton Antivirus apparently causes Outlook to "stop" retrieving emails until I "OK" out of the NAV virus notification dialogue box. I wonder if this somehow corrupts the rules. Or perhaps there's another problem with rules wizard? Any advice? What happens if you tur...

Delayed Delivery
In 2002 I could forward a drafted message with a delay of so many days. It would actually SEND the composed mail to the server which would hold it until the specified date/time of delivery. No worries left for me, I could shut down my pc and leave and it would still get delivered I updated to 2003 (required at work) and tried to do this and it keeps saving the mail in my outbox without sending it to the server... THIS IS BAD. I know you say I should leave my PC on, but I'm not supposed to, but I still need that message delivered at exactly that time... How can I fix this and force it to s...

OL2003: IMAP account and Rule Wizard
Hi, I set up Outlook 2003 SP2 (11.8010.6568) to use my IMAP account. I created the following rules to run on IMAP account: Rule A -> move message from sender A to email subfolder A of personal folder Rule B -> move message from sender B to email subfolder B of personal folder Rule C -> move any message to Inbox of personal folder This is what I get: Rule A moves message from sender A to subfolder A (personal folder) Rule B moves message from sender B to subfolder B (personal folder) Rule C moves any other message to Inbox (personal folder) plus messages from sender A and B W...

Out of office rules
I want a message to be sent back EVERY time i get sent a message not just the 1st time (as is the standard in outlook). SO ive created a template to be sent each time a message is recieved. I get the pop up window saying " this will happen every time you get a message, is this what you want?" and i hit yes, But it still only sents out on the 1st message recieved and not subsequent ones. Any Ideas ...

Junk email rule in outlook
I have set the rule to move to my junk box email with certain words, but it gets turned off every now and then when a JUNK email comes in and a message pops up that it can't be moved and when I check the rule has been turned off. Is there any way to stop email from turning off the rule? -- thanks Jonesgold ...

Having an animation in OL2003
Running OL2003 SP1 and want to set up an animation (gif) in the signature. With OL 2000 this animation worked fine. I don't have any other Office apps installed, I just bout OL2003 on its own. I copy an animation into the signature box, and I see it working fine in the signature creation dialogs, but when I make a new message, the message shows a placeholder box only and not the animation. What do I need to enable the animation so I can see it when composing a new message? TIA Gary Gary <cc@dd.com> wrote: > I copy an animation into the signature box, and I see it wor...

Turning a rule on with a text message & message alerts
Hello, I am looking for a way to create three rules. The first two kind of go together. The one would be a rule that would turn on other rules when I send a text message from my phone. The reason I am looking to do this is I can't access the e-mail address I need from my cellphone, but can access a gmail account. So I would like to be able to turn on a rule that will forward certain e-mails to my gmail account when I send a text message. Basically what I would like that rule to look for is an e-mail from (my cellphone number)@(my carrier).net with the work on i...

Server Side Rules #4
Does anyone know of a utility that will allow an exchange admin to see the various server side rules set for each user account? Thanks CR I know this does not do exactly what you want, but you might be able to adopt it to your needs if you can write your own script. Here is an article and script that Exchange MVP (and clever dude) Glen Scales wrote: http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/10/reporting-on-forwarding-rules-in.html -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "CR" <crash354@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1153944835.764995.305870@m73g2000cwd.goog...

OL2003 readasplain
I have used ReadAsPlain in the reg.db. with Outlook XP - it worked. Now with Outlook 2003, HTML mails are opened in HTML even if ReadAsPlain is set to 1. How come? Regards, Lars. "Lars Bonnesen" <none@none���.com> wrote in message news:eZp1PaK7DHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have used ReadAsPlain in the reg.db. with Outlook XP - it worked. > > Now with Outlook 2003, HTML mails are opened in HTML even if ReadAsPlain is > set to 1. > > How come? Got it - I have to add it to the "11" folder as in the "10" folder... doh? Regards, ...

How to configure OL2003 with exchange svr 2003 host multiple domains?
Dear, I have setup thee internal domains to exchange data using my single exchange server 2003,I added three MX records for each server of them in my local DNS, When I want to configure my Outlook2003 with Exchange Server Account of them, it gives me an error tell me that "Name Could not be resolved. The bookmark is not valid". although I can configure these account as POP3 or IMAP4., but ot as Exchange Server Account. I already added e-mail address for every user with his corresponding domain, and configured the Default Reciepient Policy to have this server is the responsible...

All rules stopped working
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C73669.DDC9E2D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Guys, all my rules stopped working today in my outlook. 2 days ago I created = new profile and set it up to deliver to local PST (quota issue on our = exchange). I re-worked my rules and they were working just like before. = Today they stopped working. I tried export - delete- import. I tried to = delete rules and re-create them but nothing helps. If I run rules = manualy they are working. Any ideas?...

Rules
I need to move all emails from anyone with *@abc.com.sg to folder abc. the '*' doesn't seem to work. what is the symbol for wildcard? What version of Outlook are you using? If you just do a search for that string in the FROM field or perhaps Internet Header you might get the results you're looking for. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q "Christine" <centrol@singnet.com.sg> wrote in messag...

Conversations and Rules
Is there someway that I can set up a rule through the Rules Wizard or otherwise that will delete all previous e- mails in a converastion except the last . For example, if I were to send you an e-mail and cc myself, then you were to respond to that e-mail I want Outlook to take the e- mail that I sent and delete it and only keep the response e-mail in my Inbox. Thanks!! ...