OL2003: Multiple folder view - settings won't stay

We're using Outlook 2003 in Exchange environment and we're using common
"office calendar" in exchange public folders for all kinds of little
happenings.

When in calendar view, I can check the "office calender" and view beside my
own calender. However, when I restart Outlook and return to calendars, I
have to check the "office calender" again.

- Is there any way to make Outlook remember this setting?

Thanks,
Jussi

No, it's not persistent.

From Outlook's Help task pane (F1 to open it) choose Communities and enter a
suggestion. So that those of us not using the interface to read these groups
know that it's a suggestion and not a plea for help, paste the link from the
browser address bar at the end of the suggestion and ask people to vote for
your suggestion. The suggestions are prioritized by the number of votes
(currently labeled 'was this helpful?' on suggestions - select yes or no to
vote for or against), so if you use the communities interface to read these
groups, don't be shy about using the Yes and No buttons.

(The link from Outlook's help to communities should be
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Jussi" <jusu8.N.O.S.P.A.M@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We're using Outlook 2003 in Exchange environment and we're using common
> "office calendar" in exchange public folders for all kinds of little
> happenings.
>
> When in calendar view, I can check the "office calender" and view beside
> my
> own calender. However, when I restart Outlook and return to calendars, I
> have to check the "office calender" again.
>
> - Is there any way to make Outlook remember this setting?
>
> Thanks,
> Jussi

0
dianenws (1904)

Printing Multiple Receipts at a Time From Journal
Hey guys, Is there a way to print multiple journaled receipts at a time? Say all receipts for a batch or by date or other criteria? Thanks Tom, Not that I've seen. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ========== "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_pos...

Convert single colum/multiple rows to multiple colums.
Hi, I have a .dat file when opened with Excel it has 1 column and 7 rows per entry. I would like to delete some rows and convert the rest to something like. Any chance this can be done. It's quite large. 51,793 rows. TIA Jeff Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Name Date Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits -- Table: {2} { "music" "Name", "06/04/2008", "Lenny Kravitz - 2000 - Greatest Hits", }, --Table: {3} etc. etc. ...

Calling Set/GetDefaultPrinter
I am using the Windows SDK calls GetDefaultPrinter anmd SetDefaultPrinter. On my main development machine running WIndows Server 2000, I compiled without a problem. WHen I moved the project and tried to compile in my XP environment, I get a compilation error that it is not found. It also does not show up in my online help on the XP machine. The function is defined as being part of the Windows GDI API. I don't uunderstand why this would not be showing up under XP. Any ideas what I have to install or setup to be able to use these functions? Regards, -Rob >Any ideas what ...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Build View
Hallo guys, i would like to build a new view, where each user can see all accounts or contacts of his territory. If I am a User from East I want to click the view MyTerritory and I can see all accounts or contacts from east. Is this possible?? Otherwise I had to build a view for each territory :(. Thx. Just join the account and territory tables then the territory and user table. Finally add a condition on the user table with column User and operator "equal current user". -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http:/...

How do I set the number format to Base 12?
I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2 cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:893CABE9-37D7-4E6B-8A7E-A5E679C8C824@microsoft.com... >...

Printing Multiple Copies #4
Hi all - I am using Vista Business and Publisher 2007 from the Office 2007 Small Business package. No matter what type of publication or template I use I can only print single copies. Most recently I tried to print 30 copies of a single page flyer and had to do it a single copy at a time. If I go to File|Print and set the number of copies to 30, I still get a single copy only. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks -- Andrew Aitchison (amhsn@nospam.sympatico.ca) Is your printer driver current? What is the default in the printing preferences in the control panel printer folder? ...

email set up in publisher

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

OWA authentication settings
My single Exchange 2003 SP1 installation requires OWA logins to use the domain\username method. At one point it only required the username. Not sure when/why it changed. I have checked the HTTP Protocol settings in ESM and in Exchange properties under the Exch VS, I have Basic... checked with the netbios domain name listed. I also have Integrated..... checked. Anon.... is not checked. From what I've read this is all I need. I shouldn't have to check the IIS settings on the Exchange server. What am I missing? Thanks. Yes, This probably changed after you installed an Exchange ser...

Setting Global Options
Is there a way to set global options within VBA. I'm particularly interested in setting the security level to low (to eliminate that annoying start up message), setting the status bar to false and "Behavior Entering Field" set to start of field. Is there some place that lists the options that can be set? Thanks for the help! On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:30:04 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: For the latter two check the SetOption keyword in the Help file. The first one requires a registry setting. You can google or bing for it. -Tom. ...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Multiple Account Download from One Financial Instituition
Hi, I have at one brokerage mutliple accounts (individual, joint, 401K, roll-over etc). In Money they are all separate accounts. When I connect with the brokerage I am only able to connect to one type of account (in this case retirement). How can I download multiple accounts from a brokerage (when not all have the same URL). Please email me your reply. Thanks Sandeep ...

Setting up my Outlook at home
How do I set up my Outlook 2003 to work from home, but leave the messages on the server (as I do at the office)? I right-click Outlook and choose Email accounts. I choose Microsoft Exchange Server. I put in our server and my user name. I also uncheck "Use Cached Exchange Mode", which is what I assumed was what would move the data to my machine (which I don't want). When I say click next, I get the Message: "Mail from this Microsoft Exchange Server account will be delivered to the existing Personal Folder on your local computer. If you wish to keep your mail on your server...

HELP!! Viewing email images

Enter multiple cash receipt payment methods in Cashbook/BM.
When entering a receipt into cashbook/bank management, there is sometimes a need to receipt the amount as more than one payment type - e.g. cash and cheque. This process is accommodated well in SOP. It would be useful to have this type of procedure included in Bank Management. This is a user request from Pan Pac Forest Products. ...

Count Unique Items with Multiple Criteria
I am trying to get a list of how many lots a particular car model is on. For example, say we have a spreadsheet that looks like: Model License Lot Ford xjd-394 1 Chevy gwg-394 2 Ford sdf-333 1 Ford lkj-111 3 Toyota skd-333 4 Toyota shk-584 4 I am loking for a way to get data that says how many unique lots each car is on, so for example: Ford: 2 Chevy: 1 Toyota: 1 I was trying to do this with Pivot tables and the count functionality, but it isn't quite getting me the results I want. I can get the results with a pivot table ...

Outlook98
I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders I have set up and been using over the past several years, have dissapeared. I believe the PST file is the same size, but the folders and their contents are nowhere to be found. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1029601c3f42b$1ace3ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Kurt Wolfe wrote: > I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders > I have set up and been usi...

OL2003 Master Category List
Anyone know where the master category list is hiding these days. In 2002 it was hkcu\software\microsoft\office\10 \outlook\categories Any help would be appreciated. change 10 to 11. It won't exist unless the user has added something to it and like Outlook 2002 it's a Unicode list so the value is a binary and not a string. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.m...

sharing folders in outlook
After setting up my outlook contact files to be shared via email, I sent a test email to myself asking if I wanted to accept the sharing utility. However on the email that was sent I am supposed to click on an 'accept' button to start sharing, however there is no 'accept' button present. There is a note that says if the button is not present I need to install the 'net folder component' however I have searched the microsoft site and cannot find any relevent installation advice. Does anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook "Donna" <anonymous@di...

Workplace View
Can anyone tell me if there is a way (supported or unsupported) to change which columns are disaplayed in the Workplace views? TIA Corb ...