OL2003 - JunkMail filter update?

Howdy y'all,

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you would be
able to get online updates to the Junk Mail filter in
Outlook 2003.

I can't find anything on officeupdate or in the help
files about obtaining junk mail filter updates.

The reason I ask, is over the past two weeks, I've
noticed a dramatic increas in the number of junk mails
that get by the built in filter.

Some of them are obvious, like Subject: "Hey how are
fdlakjdls                     "

Emails like this used to get captured.  Now I'm having
to "Add Sender to Junk Mail list" which doesn't really
work since they randomize the sending address.

Thanks,
Mike
0
flakrat (3)

There's no update yet. I don't think any schedule has been established for
updates.

"Mike" <flakrat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Howdy y'all,
>
> I seem to remember reading somewhere that you would be
> able to get online updates to the Junk Mail filter in
> Outlook 2003.
>
> I can't find anything on officeupdate or in the help
> files about obtaining junk mail filter updates.
>
> The reason I ask, is over the past two weeks, I've
> noticed a dramatic increas in the number of junk mails
> that get by the built in filter.
>
> Some of them are obvious, like Subject: "Hey how are
> fdlakjdls                     "
>
> Emails like this used to get captured.  Now I'm having
> to "Add Sender to Junk Mail list" which doesn't really
> work since they randomize the sending address.

0
vince8328 (2732)
11/4/2003 11:40:54 AM
>I seem to remember reading somewhere that you would be
>able to get online updates to the Junk Mail filter in
>Outlook 2003.

You could have read that here:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/junkmail.mspx
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Good Design Generally
If manipulating by code, and both methods are possible, is it generally better practice to change the form's RecordSource, or add filters? I generally have been changing RecordSource, but I think this is because I started doing so to "filter" ComboBox's RecordSources. I know all situations are unique! Maybe underneath it all, adding filters does change the RecordSource anyway? Both are useful, Ian. In general, I use filters when: a) the user should be able to remove them easily. b) the filter is a temporary way of locating data or narrowing searches. c) other code ...

Filter cyrillic
Is there a way to filter or mark all cyrillic messages? I'm sure there is, but I can't find it. Larry rapp at lmr dot com "Larry" <rapp@lmr.com> wrote in message news:4b6c78a4$1$21428$882e0bbb@news.ThunderNews.com... > Is there a way to filter or mark all cyrillic messages? I'm sure there is, > but I can't find it. Actions>Junk E-mail>Junk E-mail Options>International>Blocked Encodings List. Check "Cyrillic". -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

New Updates in the CRM
Hi, Does anyone know how I can review "new activities and updates"? Can I review all last week updates for example? If my managers want to see only the new updates - how can they see it? Is there an add-on that helps with this issue? Thanks, Na'ama Hi Naama! Can you explain in more detail what features a perfect add-on in this context should have. We have a GroupCalendar which shows you the activities of a user on a specific day,week or month. And we are working on an Activity view which should allow the users to show the activities of a account,contact,.. from a specific d...

auto filter #8
does anybody know if it's possible two put 2 autofilters in one map? at this moment i have them seperated in two maps, but i have to switch the whole time. you will probably have to use a helper column put in an if statement with a 1 response if it meets your criteria for the two columns and utofilter on this coulmun "minostrada" wrote: > does anybody know if it's possible two put 2 autofilters in one map? > at this moment i have them seperated in two maps, but i have to switch the > whole time. > You have other replies to your post in .excel. bj wrote:...

Server 2003 update problem
This server is running server 2003 sp2, hasn't been updated in quite a while, was a terminal server but not any more. When I run windows update it wants to install a new version of update. It fails with error 0x8024D007. I tried a few troubleshooting steps I found online without success. One of these was to unregister and re-register wuaueng.dll. It will not re-register, gives the message "dllregisterserver in wuaueng.dll failed. Return code was 0x80070514". I renamed this dll and it was recreated but still the same error. I expanded the dll from the 2003 disk to th...

Documents folder scrambled after update installed
The documents folder on my intel Macbook appears to have been "trashed" during a recent update of Office 2008. When I went to open a file from the documents folder it was missing as were almost all other files normally found there. The "Microsoft user data" folder was still present but when opened it also appeared to have been modified. After searching in spotlight for "documents" I found two folders named Documents in the trash. One, named "Documents 14-50-37" contained the file I was seeking and most of the others I remembered being there. ...

Updating your accounts...
Hello, I have been using Money for a few years now, but am having an issue that I do not know how to resolve. I will try to explain as best I can, so here goes. I have a CC (Discover) that I was not able to update for about 9 months due to the fact that there is a time limit on the online updates within Money. I recently installed Money 2007 and was able to perform the transaction downloads. This is where the problem begins. Downloads and updating took a minimal amount of time, maybe a minute or two up to this point. However, by downloading transactions all the way back to Septem...

Problem with Outlook 2003 Junk EMail filter
Every once in a while, Outlook 2003 decides to stop filtering Junk EMail. I am not changing settings at all, yet it just stops putting spam in the Junk EMail folder and they all end up in the Inbox. I believe I did try a few things when this first started happening maybe a year ago, but nothing helped. I was just "dealing with it" and then it started working again (most spam started going back into the Junk EMail folder). A couple of months ago or so it happened again. I did nothing and, sure enough, it started behaving itself again a few days later. Today it's back ...

Junk Mail Filter Doesn't work #2
Hi, XP constantly attempts to update Outlook with a new junk mail filter. It never succeeds. Anyone have this problem and how did you solve it? Thanks. Phil Usually when the update fails, you get a message that tells you a knowledge base to check. Neil "The Mighty Dad" <Dropthisraptor136@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qEcsg.116447$Ce1.15809@dukeread01... > Hi, > > XP constantly attempts to update Outlook with a new junk mail filter. It > never succeeds. Anyone have this problem and how did you solve it? > Thanks. > > Phil > It did...

Filter conflict
Hi, In Outlook, How could I filter conflict messages in a Public Contact Folder? I use Outlook 2000/Xp with Exchange 2000. Thank's Andrea ...

Where did the Outlook Shortcuts disappear in OL2003?
I recently upgraded my Outlook 2000 to OL 2003 and now I find that my shortcut sidebar has disappeared. How can I get it back, please? /Bo Bo Berglund bo.berglund(at)nospam.telia.com Use the shortcut pane on the navigation bar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsl...

Update Calendar Dates, Keep information
I have a calendar that I used last year for basketball tryouts and practice schedule. Is there a way to keep the information in the same place and update the dates in the calendar? I tried to "Change Dates" but it erases all my information. -- Thanks As Always Rip ...

OL2003 Rules
Rule made to move messages from the Global Address List Address Book, on this machine only, move to a specific folder, quit working when Exchange server upgraded to 2003. Deleted and reintitiated the rule. No joy. Similar rules for mail from individual accounts on the GAL work well, but these do not specify movement from an address book. (The idea here is to, instead of filtering messages out of the inbox, filter internal mail out and put that in a priority location) Any suggestions welcome. Thanks. For what version of Outlook? In case of Outlook 2003 have you tried deleting the oa...

Filtering by combo does not work
Hello experts: Here is the data property of my combo box: Control Source: SupName Row source Type: Table/Query Rouw Source: SELECT Suppliers.SupName FROM Suppliers; Bound Column: 1 Here is my event property on Click: Private Sub SupName_Click() Filter = "[SupName]" FilterOn = True The above does not work on my filtering by combo box. This is to filter by supplier in my main form. I plan not to use filtering by form on the tool bar, because I plan to have the next filter in my subform using similar to Northwind of access of "Customer Phone List" whi...

outlook 2003/black berry/spam filter
We are running SBS 2003. We have a black berry unit that should recieve email from the Inbox but for some reason mail push to the Junk E-mail folder is getting sent to the BlackBerry for mail coming from Exchange. The outlook 2003 is also configured to pop from a second pop server and those emails that go into Junk folder do not get forwarded to the Black Berry inbox. Has anyone figured out how to stop the junk mail from going to the Black Berry. We are running just the desktop software for email re-direction. Comments please? Michael ValeCruz ...

date filter
my table has a date/time field. when I datasheet it , it shows date in format dd/mm/yy. In my report I want to filter the date field on 8th Feb 2008. If I set filter to tabdate = #08/02/2008# it doesn't find any records, however if I put tabdate = #02/08/2008# it finds them fine. Why do I have to use mm/dd/yyy format ? "simcon" wrote: > my table has a date/time field. when I datasheet it , it shows date in format > dd/mm/yy. In my report I want to filter the date field on 8th Feb 2008. > If I set filter to tabdate = #08/02/2008# it doesn't find any records, &...

Look at this update from the M$
--zxyvspoofwltxalwa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gvmtdyxlcrzfmrqkd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gvmtdyxlcrzfmrqkd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bynamrfhsmvtj" --bynamrfhsmvtj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. ...

Driver "update" during development cycle and WHQL certification
Two questions in one. First of all, I'm what's known in the game arena as an "indie" developer. As in I'm doing this at home on my own time, mostly as a learning exercise. I've downloaded the W2K3 DDK, since my desktop system is XP, therefore it makes the most sense to develop for XP. My environment is that I have one of these: http://www.x10.com/products/x10_cm19a.htm and the drivers available for it have no documentation at all. Therefore it's impossible to write 3rd party software that can talk to it. I've taken the Linux driver source as a r...

filtering all spam
can anyone tell me if it is possible to set message rules to only download mail from senders in my address book. Thanks Outlook rules only work after the message is downloaded to the Inbox don't know your version but checkout http://www.slipstick.com/rules/junkmail.htm#sue for an example on how to partly achieve what you require "Mick" <mccann@mail2me.com.au> wrote in message news:bu1usf$le5$1@merki.connect.com.au... > can anyone tell me if it is possible to set message rules to only download > mail from senders in my address book. Thanks > > ...

filter and count
Hi all when doing a filter the count function still counts filtered data. I copy and paste the data into another sheet and do count but this seems clumsy. Is there a count unfilter function or something any help appreciated Rexmann Hi =SUBTOTAL(3,A1:a100) "rexmann" wrote: > Hi all > > when doing a filter the count function still counts filtered data. I copy > and paste the data into another sheet and do count but this seems clumsy. Is > there a count unfilter function or something > > any help appreciated > > Rexmann Thanks Frank worked a t...

Some updates could not be installed ---to: PA Bear [MS MVP]
Automatic Updates Size: 55.7 MB This service pack upgrades all Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition instances and components to Service Pack 3 (SP3). If you need additional installation options, you should download this service pack at the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 955706. More information for this update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955706 the following updates were not installed Ok PA Bear I running Windows platform: WinXP platform: 2 version:5.1.A28 Service Pack 3 #165,17939 with Micros...

Auto Filter out text or blank rows
What would I put into an autofilter parameter to show only rows which begin with text or are blank? Autofilter only works when there is data in continuous rows. If you have an entirely blank row, Autofilter will not work the way you want. The way I've gotten around this is to add a column and put in a row number or some other data for ALL THE ROWS that I want to review. I'll then use the autofilter to find the cells that are blank. "D Hafer - TFE" wrote: > What would I put into an autofilter parameter to show only rows which begin > with text or are b...

HOW DO I autofill when filtering...
Hi, when i do autofilter. i want to autofill only does cells that are visible. however when i autofill, it also fills in the filtered cells. thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have to use copy/paste Copy a cell Select an area Edit/Goto/special/visible cells Past -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sokevin After you have your autofilter on, Edit>Go To>Special> "Visible cells only". With these cells selected try your Autofill. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:56:14 -0500, sokevin <<sokevin.14seno@excelforu...

OL2003
Does anyone know a solution to my out look problem? I install OL2003 on a P3 750, 256 M of Ram running win2k w/ service pak4 networked w/ Exchange 5.5. I'm now getting an error message that says I'm out of memory or system resources. I can't be! Any answers? What are you trying to do when you get the message? How many programs do you have open? Did you install Outlook 2003 as an upgrade over a previous version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outloo...

Updating the sharing of information
Background Information Currently I am creating a collection of web pages all linked with one another via hyperlinks. Looking at the information pages they look like web pages except they are not because they are not designed to be connected to the internet. The whole purpose of the collection of interlinked web pages is to present an collection informaton for all to access. Question What is the best method to update data from one page to another page. For example a user shuld be able to enter in text on a web pages (via Publsiher)about an upcoming event and it should appear on anoth...