OL2003 - A program error occurred.

A few of our employees are experiencing some problems with
Outlook 2003.  I will outline two of the major problems
here, and hope that someone will be able to provide some
solutions.  Here we go.

Problem 1:
When an employee right clicks on an object on the desktop,
and selects SendTo > Mail Recipient they recieve this
error:
A program error occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft
Windows and then start again.
This employee has had their box recently upgraded from
OL2000 to OL2003.  I've checked the registry settings for
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command and changed it
from a reference to the 2000 file, to the 2003 file, since
it was not changed in the upgrade, and I still receive
this problem.

Problem 2:
When an employee clicks on a link that is a "mailto:"
link, it causes the error:
A program error occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft
Windows and then start again.

I have no idea what could be causing these problems, and
was wondering what course I should take in solving the
problems.  I thank anyone who replies in advance, and I
hope maybe someone will benefit from this thread.
0
anonymous (74723)

Both are upgraded from OL2000, and are on the same
Exchange 2000 server.

0
anonymous (74723)
8/5/2004 6:10:11 PM
It seems that during the upgrade, it didn't remove Office
2000, so that's where the errors were.  Simple fix: Make
sure Office 2000 doesn't show up in the add/remove
programs, if it does, uninstall, then perform a repair
installation on the Office 2003.

0
anonymous (74723)

How to use callback in a MFC DLL in .NET program?
Dear all, This may not be the right place to ask this question but it is MFC related: I have a DLL developed in VS6 using MFC, one of the function is this: void API::startScan(void (__stdcall *lpfn)(void *status)) { .... } lpfn is a callback function supplied by caller(in this case, a function in my .NET C++ program), status is a pointer to a complex structure inside the DLL. I need to copy the data pointed by status in the callback function. Now I am developing application in VS2005 using .NET CLR My question is how to implement the callback function and allocate memory for the structured ...

Where did the Outlook Shortcuts disappear in OL2003?
I recently upgraded my Outlook 2000 to OL 2003 and now I find that my shortcut sidebar has disappeared. How can I get it back, please? /Bo Bo Berglund bo.berglund(at)nospam.telia.com Use the shortcut pane on the navigation bar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsl...

OL2003 Rules
Rule made to move messages from the Global Address List Address Book, on this machine only, move to a specific folder, quit working when Exchange server upgraded to 2003. Deleted and reintitiated the rule. No joy. Similar rules for mail from individual accounts on the GAL work well, but these do not specify movement from an address book. (The idea here is to, instead of filtering messages out of the inbox, filter internal mail out and put that in a priority location) Any suggestions welcome. Thanks. For what version of Outlook? In case of Outlook 2003 have you tried deleting the oa...

ODBC error
In the client the GP get logged in and go smoothly. When any of the transaction window opened it is giving the follwing error messabe [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen](Connect()).]SQL server does not exist or access denied Thanks in advance Nizham Hello Nizham, Few things you need to check. Make sure you have restricted and applied security using the Great Plains only and do not use SQL Security on First Hand. Is you sql server using SQL Authentication only? Better to have Windows and SQL Authentications. a) by using user id (sa) if you do not receive any errors then run the GRANT.SQL/...

Public Folder Replication Status Error
When I use Exchange System Manager to see Replication Status of Exchange 2000 Public Folder Store then I get a message that is shown below: An unknown error has occured. ID no: fffffc07 Exchange System Manager Why that happens??? Alexey, # for hex 0xfffffc07 / decimal -1017 : JET_errRecordDeleted # /* Record has been deleted */ Basically your Pub's store's Jet indices have been corrupted and the links are broken in that they no longer point to valid records. I would suggest running an offline defrag on the database (eseutil /d) as this actually creates a new database table s...

Error opening a CSV from Web Browser after changing Region
We generate CSV files from our web application and most people can access them from Internet Explorer no problem (Excel starts within an IE window). However, some users in Denmark have reported that Excel does not load, all that happens is that the IE window appears briefly then disappears. I have done some testing and found that if I change my Regional Settings to Danish, it fails in the same way. However, if I then reset back to English, it still fails, even after a reboot. These are the symptoms:- 1) When region is Danish, saving a CSV file locally and double-clicking it within Windows ...

OWA error #3
I have select Users receiving the following error when accessing OWA: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized The error only occurs on a few Users. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327843 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043e01c42482$46e0c2e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have select Users receiving the following error when > accessing OWA: > HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized > > The error only occurs on a few ...

Integration Manager Error Messages #2
When using Integration Manager for GP 10, I received this error message: 5: FAF0005 INTERNAL Insert Failed 0. Seconds DOC 5 ERROR: Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect: Number = 10400 Stored Procedure taCreateAssetBook : Description = If LTD Depreciation Amount (LTDDEPRAMT) is entered, Depreciation to Date (DEPRTODATE) can not be greater than the last day of the current fiscal year for this book Are there any known resolutions? Tunesia, I don't believe this issue has anything to do with IM or the eConnect adapter, but rather with the procedures followed by your accounting sta...

Sending from other programs
When other programs send emails through Outlook XP, you first are prompted to allow access for a certain ammount of time, then asked if you would like to allow the email to be sent. Is there any way of turning this off? Thanks in advance. ...

error message 07-01-10
I have an error message 0xc0000135 It's a Vista Home premium edition and I don't know what to do I tried to install .net framework 3.5 and that gives me a warning about memory shortage Does anybody have a solution for me please Is Vista SP1 or SP2 installed? Is this a sudden, new problem? Can you tell us the KB number(s) of the update(s) failing to install? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Nor...

Same error
I had this problem on a different laptop two weeks ago. No one came up with a solution. I bought a new laptop yesterday. Now that I have installed software, I get the same problem. OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition. HP DV9000 (purchased yesterday) Office Professional 2003. Laptop came with Office 2003 Standard Trial. Uninstalled and cleaned out MS Office Directory in Program Files. Install Fresh Office Pro 2003. Install all service packs and updates. Launch Outlook. Set up email accounts. 3 HTTP, 4 POP accounts. Send/Receive Button Quit working at this point. Unable to when in Add/Chan...

Exmon error
I'm getting the following error when starting Exmon (running against my Exch 2003 server) Unknown StartTrace error (183) Exmon was working before the error and is startable from the command line when specifying a filename to open. Research indicates that the error will clear when an .ETL file being used by Exmon reaches 512 MB. The file on my system is up to 480 MB and will take days more to reach 512 MB. Is there any other way to clear the error message? Will a server restart clear the error message? I have tried to stop exmon process and delete the file but I get an error about...

Mount Store error
I just installed two new HD's and reinstalled Win2003 SBS (I just saved off the edb and stm files before before I blew away the old hard disk). I tried simply coping the the edb and stm files into the empty \Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder and got the c1041724 error when I tried to mount the stores. I attempted to resolve this by following some of the solutions proposed to others in this news group, but no use. I have tried eseutil /d, then eseutil /r, then finally an eseutil /p. Nothing has worked. How can I get the data from these stores? After getting the c1041724 when attempting to mount...

Blue Sreen Error
I get a blue screen error (also known as the blue screen of death or BSOD) in Windows XP Pro that is caused by PowerPoint 2007. I should say “primarily” caused by PowerPoint as some other things will occasionally trigger it as well. It usually happens when I am scrolling through a number of PowerPoint slides. Other rare causes are also graphics intensive such as Google Earth or a web cam. My guess is that it is not a PowerPoint problem in itself but in a driver or device issue (video card for example). But before I start detailed troubleshooting I thought I would ask if anybo...

OL2003
Does anyone know a solution to my out look problem? I install OL2003 on a P3 750, 256 M of Ram running win2k w/ service pak4 networked w/ Exchange 5.5. I'm now getting an error message that says I'm out of memory or system resources. I can't be! Any answers? What are you trying to do when you get the message? How many programs do you have open? Did you install Outlook 2003 as an upgrade over a previous version of Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outloo...

OL2003 launch
I ma getting the message "Exchange is currently in recovery mode. You can either connect to your Exchange server using the network, work offline, or cancel this logon." with the options of Connect, Work Offline or Cancel. What causes this and how do I keep it from coming up on me. Contact your mail adminstrator to verify that the Exchange server is fully operational. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "gastewa" <anonymous...

All rules suddenly have errors (2007)
This has been happening to me a LOT lately: For no reason, all of my rules stop working. They all show errors, and are turned off (unchecked). I close outlook, wait a few minutes, open it back up, boom - no more errors. But their still all turned off, and I have to go one by one and turn them on again. They work for awhile, then next day, they stop again. Sometimes I have to go through all of them and re-enter which destination folder they should go to, etc etc. This is driving me nuts. What can I do? Which mail account type are you using? Do you open this pst-file o...

Error Code 0x802246008 Install Failure
I am using Windows I.E. 8. Version 8.0.6001.18702ic and Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600. For the last few weeks I have been unable to download any Microsoft updates. I have tried various remedies i.e. registering Wups 2.dll and running Bits which showed Error 126. I now have 41 critical updates to download. Can anyone please help. -- andy Recheck your error code. It has 9 characters, but error codes cannot exceed 8. It would also be useful if you identified in the body of the message the error code and where in the install log the error happened....

Runtime Error #8
My Outlook is now giving me the following: Runtime Error Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 \OUTLOOK.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. HELP! ...

Password Protection Error
I put a write password on my project file. When I open it I get prompted for read-only which I select. However, it gives me an error that the file has too many rows, suggest to delete some or put in subreports. My file has no database, only 37 rows, I'm using 2007 with all the updates. If i take off the write protection it opens fine. Help is appreciated. Thanks Ansley That's not expected behavior! Does this happen to any other files? When saving, are you saving to your PC, over a network (LAN) or over a wide area network (WAN)? If over a LAN or WAN, are there ever...

Error in Exchange
Hello Friends, This error messages are logged in Events, when Maintanace is run on exchange database. Information Store First Storage Group: The database page read from the file "D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb" at offset 4239945728 (0x00000000fcb87000) (database page 1035142 (0xFCB86)) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 4445902399428239 (0x000fcb865139568f) and the actual checksum was 4445902533645967 (0x000fcb865939568f). The read operation will fail with error -1018 (0xfffffc06). If this condition per...

changing section to landscape locks program
Word 2007 WinXP pro I want to insert a landscape page in a document that is mostly portrait. I enter text as follows: "Section A" ->page layout -> breaks -> next page section break "Section B" --> next page section break "Section C" I positioned the cursor in beginning of Section B. Under the page layout tab -> orientation -> landscape. Word locks up. this is repeatable This is how I did this same operation in previous versions of Word 95-2003. What's the new procedure in Word 2007?? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQ...

Price List Wizard a workaround for error?
Hello: A Great Plains 8.0 client wants to change the U of M schedule for an item. But, of course, the client is getting the famous message that warns him that if, he changes the U of M schedule, the price list and purchasing options will be erased. Can the Inventory Price List Wizard be used to change this item's U of M schedule seamlessly without having to re-setup the price list or do anything in SQL? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

finding error
hi all i want to write a program that will find whether an application is working properly. i.e when any one clicks on a application that application or program does not gets started and gives us some message. i want my program to trap that message. e.g due to some missing file a program is not starting it will give message that some file is missing i need to trap that. Will you be kind with us to share that message? -- Vipin Aravind MVP "chunnu" <chunnu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB2A3701-6487-42DA-9A7A-50F23D8052BB@microsoft.com... > hi ...

distributions contain errors
My client is entering AP intercompany in Payables transaction entry. He tells me that previously, when he saved an entry that did not have a default account number, the warning 'distributions contain errors ' popped up upon clicking the save button (he uses batch processing) even if he had not clicked on the 'distributions' button first. Now, in version 10, the warning only pops up if he is in the payables transaction entry distribution window. On my version 10 install, I have to go to the distributions entry window to get the warning to pop up. Does anyone rememb...