OL2002 won't open when clicking on web links

I have WinXP home ed., Office XP small bus. ed., with
outlook 2002. It was working fine but now when I click on
a link on a web page I get a message saying "cannot open
microsoft outlook. can't create item."
I tried reinstalling officeXP and also went into file
associations and made sure the URLmailto was associated
with outlook. In IE 6.0 it does show outlook as being the
default mail client. Email me if you can help! Thanks!

Cannot open attached Word documents from Outlook
I get the no file association error when trying to open a Word document that is attached to an email. I have checked and the association is there, I can open them form Windows Explorer. Does any one have any ideas Using Outlook 2000 (not sure of service poack level) CW Mode on Windows 2000 Pro SP4. TIA ...

Cannot open files
Why can I not open Publisher files sent to me? I get a error message that says "Publisher cannot open files from a different version." Brent -- Florida Real Estate Connection www.StAugustineProperties.net What version do you have? What version is being sent to you? If your sender is using a Publisher version newer than yours then you will not be able to open it. Your sender can convert their file to your version. On the other hand if you have Norton that could be a problem too. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb...

Error opening xml file
I'm attempting to use XmlTextReader. When I call the Read() method I get the following error "The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. The xml is formatted fine. The first entry in the xml file is a valid tag What does this error trying to tell me. I can read the file using a TextReader class just fine brckcc@novell.com wrote: > I'm attempting to use XmlTextReader. When I call the Read() method I get the following error: > "The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1." > > The xml is formatted fine. The first entry...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

Opening a publisher document
I have publisher 2003. I have saved a publisher document onto my desktop. When I want to open that document it will not open if I double click on it. The only way it will open is if I go into publisher first and then open the document. I have tried to resave it as everything possible and nothing will work. Any suggestions? Thanks Check your file associations. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "McGriff" <McGriff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How to open publisher 95 file in publisher 98
I have Publisher 98. I was given a file to work on that was created in Publisher 95. I cannot open it, I don't understand why newer version files cannot open older ones. Is there any help out there? Are you using Norton anti-virus by any chance? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "westpix" <westpix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D217BA64-404D-4CDB-BE5D-64A25A8FF8C5@microsoft.com... >I have Publisher 98. I was given a file to work on that was created in > Publisher 95. > I cannot open it, I don't understand why newer version fi...

Problem with Excel Links
I have a number of Excel workbooks and I wish to link them to a single summary worksheet. Linking them isn't a problem, however I would like to be able to 'switch off' the links to particular workbooks/worksheets so that I could select which were included on the summary sheet at any one time. Put another way, I want to have all the linked workbooks populated with data and then to be able to select which worksheets 'feed' through to the summary sheet to explore different scenarios. Any help will be very much appreciated. John You can use Edit, Links and change your sour...

Close and Open
Hi, while implementing the onfileopen command, I realise that if I close my current active document, using CWinApp::CloseAllDocuments( false ) then call CWinApp::OnFileOpen(), a runtime error occurs. Anyone has any idea why?? Thanks alot. lynnzyeo@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, while implementing the onfileopen command, I realise that if I > close my current active document, using CWinApp::CloseAllDocuments( > false ) then call CWinApp::OnFileOpen(), a runtime error occurs. Anyone > has any idea why?? Thanks alot. > You need more information than just "runtime error." If ...

Outlook crash upon openning mail
Outlook has started to hangup and require CTL-ALT-DEL to end the program whilest attempting to open emails with attachments. Does anyone have a solution to this? ...

MS exploere question:open link in new window
is there a quick way to do "openin link in new window"? other than right click and select open in new window? is there something like "control and left click"? thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Problem Deploying web site with Crystal Reports
I have created a asp.net web site using Visual Studio 2008 and Crytal Reports. I have two small reports that work perfectly on my development machine, and I have tripple checked that I have added reference to the CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine in my project. I do not have any CrystalReports dll's in my bin folder but when select my project and then click on the properties window the following refereces are there. CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, CrystalDecisions.EnterpriseFrameWork, CrystalDecisions.Enterprice.InfoStore, CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.C...

Unable ro open default folders
Hi All, I'm having bit of trouble opening a users exchange mailbox via outlook. The error message is 'unable to open default folders. You do not have permissions to log on'. I am logging on with a users AD account and have configured outlook profile to connect to her mailbox. In exchange admin, I have checked the neccessary permissions, and she is a mailbox owner. Her AD account she is logging on with has also been associated with her mailbox also in the relative AD exchange tabs tabs. Profile on outlook client has been recreated numerous times also. I have searched the net and...

Form opening in edit mode
I have a form that is based on a query. The query extracts the master list from the tool master. My understanding was that since the form is based on query it would be read only. This is not happening . The form can be edited. I need the user to view the form in read only. I tried opening the form using a macro as read only but i have a filter option set and if i set read only the filter does not work. what can I do to have the form work as readonly and have the filter on. I had used the FindAsUtype from Allen Browne example. thanks in advance. In the form set the AllowEdits Propert...

File opens and saves slowly
I sent a workbook to a customer a while back. It wasn't large (470K) and the only code was a couple of print range macros. A couple of weeks ago he asked me modify a few formulas. Now he claims it takes 12 seconds to open the file and it also saves slowly. I don't have the same problem. My file opens in less than a second. He said the file is on his local hard drive and Excel is open (with macro protection off) when the tries to open the file. I sent him a new copy and he has the same problem. I am puzzled. Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening? Thanks Steve One thi...

syntax error missing operator-open frm to spec. record
Here is my code attached to the onclick event of a command button: Private Sub Command12_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command12_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "Jeff Employee Info with Sched" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , "[man name]=" & Me!JeffSchedLookAheadGenerate.Form!cbomanname DoCmd.Maximize Exit_Command12_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command12_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command12_Click End Sub I am trying to navigate to Jeff Employee info with Sched form to ...

Change currency decimal places on items with open transactions
We've recently implemented POP in GP 8.0, and as a result, we need to increase the number of decimal places for currency. I've managed to correct the settings for everything except for the 1,000s of existing inventory items we have. When I try to run the change decimals utility, I get an error saying I can't run the process during posting (nobody's posting, BTW). Knowledge Base notes that you can't change the decimal places for items on open transactions. Has anyone found a workaround for this? Thanks, Barbara ...

Creation of web page(s)
Hi Each month I create a local printed magazine. With publisher 2000 there were not problems. Each printed page was created as an appropriate web page. I have upgraded publisher (nothing else) to version 2002. Now the pages print (from text) contain lots of images of words or sometimes the whole page is an image, bad for download times. What am i doing wrong, or point me at the appropriate resource. Thanks Webfoot k dot williamson at freeuk dot com ...

MULTIPLE FILES OPENING
I cannot open multiple files from any folder for first trial unless I open a single file first and then hilite multiple files and open them. When I try to open multiple files the first time I can only see one opened file in the task bar. -- mehran ...

Outlook opening IE links with IE in Classic skin rather than XP theme #3
I am using a black version of the Royale theme in XP. I have modified it to have thinner titlebars. It works fine, but when I open web links in Outlook, IE opens in Classic theme instead if the XP theme. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening? Cheers ss. ...

Opening a window(form) with VBA / storing data in a separate table
Hi all, First Question---- I have a third party application (Additional Inventory Fields in the ActNow series from Hawk Mountain) that currently is accessed from the Extra menu while in item maintenance. I have added a button to the item maintenance form and I am trying to figure our what VBA code I need to put in so that when the user clicks on the button that it launches the form that is currently accessed via the menu. This is not currently a VBA form but the window that comes with the application. I have tried to put an "OnUserChanged" event on the button with a FormName.Open...

How to update a linked spreadsheet without opening it?
Hello experts, I have two Excel 2000 spreadsheets, S1 and S2. S1 is linked to S2. When values in S2 are changed and saved, I need S1 to update its value itself WITHOUT ME MANUALLY OPENING S1 AND UPDATING IT. Can I update S1 without opening it and how? Thanks vey much for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi AFAIK no chance to do this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hello experts, > > I have two Excel 2000 spreadsheets, S1 and S2. S1 is linked to S2. > > When values in S2 are changed and saved, I need S1 to update its > values ...

Synchronize OL2002 and OL2003
I have OL2003 in desktop computer. I have OL2002 in LaptopComputer. Is it possible to synchronize these two Calendars? If possible, how can I manage it ? Simon Simon <t-chofu@microsoft.com> wrote: > I have OL2003 in desktop computer. > I have OL2002 in LaptopComputer. > Is it possible to synchronize these two Calendars? Yes. Some ways may require you to use an OL 2002-format PST for both. > If possible, how can I manage it ? See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman Thanks for yor advice. I will try. Simon ...

Printer problem when OPENING reports
Access 2002. Opening a database from another user's machine, and when trying to open up a report, a dlg comes up saying that the printer doesn't exist. The printer it lists, is the one that I was hooked up to on my machine when I last printed the report. The person has his own printer, why wouldn't it just print to that printer. I don't have any code or settings that I know of that have made the report do that. That seems like me sending a word doc, and when you open it up, it says MY printer is not available. Of course not, you'd be printing it on YOUR printer....

Opening other users Cals and Inbox
I was under the impression someone with admin rights could view inbox and cals by default of other users. The company I work for wants the managers to be able to do this for all their people. Is there a way I can do this on the Exchange server? Hi Ken! This is not like this way. As administrator u r able to grant those permissions to some users, but I would not do this, because it could be against some laws of privacy! So, just be careful! Greetz Matthias "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23pLG672$FHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I was...

!Re: How do I add Description and NameSpace to JScript.Net Web Service?
Hi, Kirl Allen Evans wrote: > I think it is something like the following: > WebService(Namespace="mynamespace", Description:="Web Services provided by > the xxxx site") public class MyService : WebService > { > WebMethod(Description:="Get xxx xxx Events for OS Grid Reference X,Y") > public function GetWeeklyEventsForOSGridAsString () : string { > } > } should be WebServiceAttribute, but that works. Regards Christian ...