OL2002 Folder refresh problem

Hi all,

I already posted this request, now I try to be more specific.

I've 2 pc with MSOffice 2002 sp2 (I done Office Update).
Here, when new mail arrives in inbox, I don't see "New mail message" alert
until
I click somewhere in OL folder treeview.

As the same, if I send a mail, I see my message in Outbox even if mail is
already
delivered. When I click somewhere in treeview my mail goes in "Sent items".

Note:
Mail server has MSExchange 2000 sp3.
Clients with OL2000 or OL2002 SP1 have no problems.

--
Giulio

Searching and searching and searching... I found solution.

Microsoft knows this problem, here you are the
solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815052

--
Giulio

"Juxx" wrote in message
> Hi all,

The problem of Scroll bar..
When I am in INBOX,i drag the scroll bar.But the mail list doesn't move with the scroll bar. Why?? It's always worked that way. Use the mouse wheel to scroll if you want to see contents or click on the scrollbar arrows. Note that if the folder has few messages it will scroll when you pull the scroll bar slider. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:...

Is there a way to have two separate macro folders?
I found help for putting macros out in a common area for a whole department to use (have not tried yet, though). I was wondering if there was a way to have separate macro folders: one for personal macros I use, and another for macros that a department or company would use. That way if I needed a macro I seldom use or others seldom use we could switch folders, without too much trouble. Thank you. Have you tried a Network Drive for the common macros and your C:\ drive for personal macros? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ALWAYS post your Outlook version! Post all rep...

A problem with CListCtrl::SetItemData
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I need to use CListCtrl::SetItemData method but I have a little problem here: I use it like this: CHistory* pHistory = CreateHistoryItem(); idx = 10; CListCtrl m_lst_data; m_lst_data.SetItemData( idx, pHistory ); CHistory is my own created class. The problem was: when I tried to select that item which was set using SetItemData, a runtime error occured. I have tried to cast it to ( DWORD )pHistory but it also did not work. How to solve this? Thank you. On 9 Okt., 08:57, Landon <Lan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. >...

installation problems #2
I get a message stating that message are failing to be sent or received. The suggestionis the server name or port location may be wrong I want to use outlook for an existing email account. Could I get some guidance on how to set this up. Thanks foryour help ndtjohn@crystalpeaks.com You usually go to your ISP support pages for info on setup, but I note your ISP is lacking in any visible support The setup is specific to your ISP "ndtjohn" <ndtjohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056058EE-B36D-4EBD-9095-5499AB4A4625@microsoft.com... > I get a message statin...

Flakey column width problem
I had, I hope, a temporary problem with Excel today. I've been using this computer and program for about a year at my job. It has Windows 98 and Office (Excel) 97 and I have not had any problems with it at all until the past few weeks. Our IS updates things on our computers from time to time and we recently had some network printing software and cables installed. I opened a file that has multiple worksheets (7). Using the Edit menu, I created a copy of the last sheet and moved it to the end. The columns in the new worksheet were all wrong (much narrower than in the original). I deleted th...

Public Folder permissions #19
I have a user who has now, through troubleshooting, been elevated to Owner of a public folder (using System Manager). He can create new contacts in the public folder and he can edit some existing entries, but other entries display "Read Only" and he is unable to edit these entries. I have been unable to find any pattern in which records are read-only. Any assistance on where/how the read-only status can be changed to read-write would be appreciated. -- Hugh ...

Problem opening attachments
When I upgraded to XP I started having problems with attachments. When I open an Excel attachment in outlook, Excel opens up but the file doesn't open. I can only open it if I re-open Excel. I tried to re-register Excel but no luck. Any ideas? ...

Public Folder Error #3
We are trying to add Public folders on a new Exchange 2003 Enterprise and weget the following error in System Manager. "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" Facility: Win32 ID no: C0072746 Exchange System Manager We can add Public Folders in Outlook but we cannot acces them in System Manager to assign emails and persmisson to them. Any help is much apreciated. Everything else works good. ...

PrintDialog problem
Hi Guys, Can you someone take a look at my post from 4/21 about Customizing Print Dialog to see if I am overlooking something? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_frm/thread/5a21b58df5ee38fb/aba928da7a50ed50#aba928da7a50ed50 Thanks AliR. Hi AliR, We have already reviewed that issue, currently we need more detailed information to research the problem. Would you please check it there? Thanks for your understanding. Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online Community Support ================================================== When responding to posts, please &...

address lists or public folders?
Hi all, I am a newbie to Exchange. I am currently evaluating and testing Exchange 2003 for our office. I would like to know what is the recommended way of maintaining public & private contacts lists. What I would like to do is as follows:- 1. Maintain a public list of employees and their email addresses. 2. Allow each employee to also setup their own private list of Contacts and giving them the ability to only allow certain other users (maybe secretrary) have visibility. This way they can get access to their Contacts remotely too i.e. via OWA or via Pocket PC hot sync? So which is bette...

Group e.mails problem
I use Microsoft Office: mac 2008. When I am asked to stop sending e.mails to people on a group mailing list, the messages continue to go out to them with subsequent mailings, even though the addresses have been deleted. How can I stop this? Faydells On 1/29/10 7:51 AM, in article C788B498.141D%faywjacobsen@greenbee.net, "Fay Jacobsen" <faywjacobsen@greenbee.net> wrote: > When I am asked to stop sending e.mails > to people on a group mailing list, the messages continue to go out to them > with subsequent mailings, even though the addresses have been d...

font folder, where is it?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I checked ~library, system/library, /library, applications, and Documents and I cannot find that folder. I want to copy a few fonts so that other applications can use them. Is that possible?? Thanks. <br><br>Bea Mac OS X maintains a set of three font folders, two are shared, one private to each login. If you want to make a font available to all applications and all users, put it in /Library/Fonts Your personal font folder will be in /Users/<your login name>/Library/Fonts I keep ...

ToolBar problem
I am creating a tool bar in a dialog box. I have the tool bar created, no problem. No I have 2 blank buttons in front of the toolbar for a font name cb and a font size cb. The problem is when I create them they sit on top of the first couple of buttons on the toolbar. I need to push the the toolbar over when I put the combo boxes on it. how do I do that? Did you follow example DLGCBR32 in MSDN to put a CToolBar in a dialog? It shows how to adjust the area to accomodate the toolbar etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com&...

Countif problem #4
Hi I have an excel and I want to count letters - one of the things I am counting is the number of A* where A* is the actual data. In countif excel is treating the * as a wildcard and is counting As too - I only want it to count "A*" - any ideas ? David Count A~* instead of A* the ~ indicates you want the next character to NOT be treated as a wildcard. use ~? to count ?, and ~~ to count ~. =COUNTIF(Range,"A~*") Bob Umlas Excel MVP "David Cleland" <davidjcleland@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uEuQBRzpFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > ...

date time problem
I would like to have a date cell that can have an input mask of __/__/__ so that a user need only enter the numerics of a given date; i.e 052405. I I tried setting the cell format to custom mm/dd/yy and I get a return date of 10/1/43 !!!!!???? Why has excel lost the correct date? Regions global show the correct year range, and Excel is set to 1900 time? What do I need to do to correct this? Thanks XL's parse engine and display engine are separate - the displayed format has nothing to do with how the entry is parsed (other than Text entries are not parsed at all). For a workaro...

Problem Viewing Pictures In Cells
Hi, I have a bit of query I hope someone can help with. I have a spreadsheet that I update on a regular basis which uses pictures, flags of countries to be precise in, cells. For some reason, when I opened the spreadsheet to update this today, the data was there, but the pictures were not visible. It appears that the pictures are still there as if I click on a cell, I can see the outline of this. I am using Office 2003 and did a repair to this and when I opened the spreadsheet,the images appeared. I then went to update the spreadsheet again later, and initially the pictures were th...

Problems upgrading to Outlook 2003
I've just recently upgraded to MS Office 2003 Pro. from Microsoft Office XP Small Business (2002). Everything works perfectly except my Outlook. When installing, I selected the "upgrade" option, with the intent of not having to worry about losing any contact information or emails that were currently in Outlook 2002. Outlook 2003 works the first time I open after installing, but if I close the program and try and re-open it, it freezes. When I shut down my computer and try re-opening, I can only open Outlook in "safe mode". I've tried reinstalling, but ...

Un/Reinstall Turbotax 2008 Problem
I need to get into my 2008 (that would be LAST years taxes). TT2008 shows in my Explorer/Program folder, but apparently is corrupt. I need to un/reinstall it, however, there is no uninstall option. Trying to reinstall it gets the error message "a version of TT2008 is already installed" - remove by going to Ctrl/P Add/Remove programs, etc.. Unfortunately, it does not appear in that listing. The 2009 TT has a Repair option but 2008 does not. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to remove TT2008. Thx Dave WinXP SP3 Dave wrote: > I need to get i...

Big memory problem with Exch2K3 with 3 GB RAM
Equipment: Server, with 2 x 2.8 GHz Xeon CPU and 3 GB of RAM. OS, Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. Mail: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition. Problem: The server is freshly installed, with only some 100 empty mailboxes, Exchange2003 and Norton Mail Security V4.0. After one or two days I get the message that the virtual memory is getting low and Windows need to increase its page file. If I then try to start the web part of Norton Mail Security it won't load and I get the following in the event viewer: COM+ has determined that your machine is running very low on available memory. In order t...

Change Folder Attribute
I can't "see" C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies unless I uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files' in folder options. Why would Vista consider the contents of this folder operating system files? How do I change the Hidden attribute for for this folder? Thanks, James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message news:OHFFlodbKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I can't "see" C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies > unless I uncheck 'Hide protected ope...

Problems connecting from EXCEL 2003 to OLAP Server
Hi, I=B4m trying to work with the EXCEL Addin for OLAP Server, butI=B4m having problems to connect to the server, I get the following message: OLAP Server error: Property name was not recognized, 'Safety Options' Does anybody know how to solve this problem? I can connect to the cubes using Pivot Tables but not with the addin. ...

very slow refresh or response time each time "enter" button hit
No matter size of spreadsheet, each time I hit the enter button, I have to wait 5 or 6 seconds for the screen to refresh. It is a new grunty pc and all other office pro applications working fine, ie access very quick. t'is driving me crazy.... -- vic Try changing the calculation to manual and see if it helps. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "vic" wrote: > No matter size of spreadsheet, each time I hit the enter button, I have to > wait 5 or 6 seconds for the screen to refresh. It is a new grunty pc and all > other office pro applications working fine, ie access ...

OWA & Public Folders #2
Hi all, in OWA it's possible to show in the same tree the Public Folders ? Actually, when I click on Public Folder button, it's opens a new window containing Public Folder tree. I remember that in OWA Exchange 2000, the Public Folder tree was at the end of the private folder tree. Thank's for the help. Marco Exchange 2003 changed the Public folder behavior. It no longer appears in the same folder view as the mailbox. Clicking on the Public Folders link will now open up the PF view in another window (as you have seen). -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Marc...

Overly large public folder information store
I have an exchange 2000 server (SP3, all patches applied, only one server in the organization) that seems to have a serious problem in regards to the size of the public folder store. The total size of all public folders on the server (according to both the System Manager and Outlook's "folder size" command) is about 3.3GB. However, the actual size of pub1.edb is 5.1GB, and pub1.stm is 8.4GB. Deleted item retention is set to 1 day. Message journaling is enabled (and is what compromises the bulk of that 3.3GB) Quarterly, I copy the data from the public folder containin...

Outlook client and IE problem
After we installed the desktop client for outlook 2003, some options in IE (like service calendar, settings/customization and others) are no longer available when outlook is open. We have to close outlook in order to get everything back to normal in IE. Why is that happening, and what can be done about it? Hi Vsiat, This is by design. You can see some of the workarounds here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/12/11/why-the-crm-web-client-and-outlook-client-don-t-play-nicely-together.aspx HTH, Niths "vsiat" wrote: > After we installed the desktop client for outlook 2...