OL07 keyboard "short"cuts in the Message Window?

In OL03, I was able to change the account to send a message with Alt+N
followed by the number. Now, it seems, the shortcut is Alt+H,Y,1 followed by
the number.

Similarly, to send a message, I would use Alt+S. Now I have the choice of
Alt+H,S or Alt+F,E. (Or Ctl-ENTER, I suppose.)

Is there anything I can do to make OL07 use shorter shortcuts?

0
Andrew

Alt+S should still work...
--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Andrew Wiseman" <a.wisemandontsp@m.me.at625.uk.com> wrote in message
> In OL03, I was able to change the account to send a message with Alt+N
> followed by the number. Now, it seems, the shortcut is Alt+H,Y,1 followed
> by the number.
>
> Similarly, to send a message, I would use Alt+S. Now I have the choice of
> Alt+H,S or Alt+F,E. (Or Ctl-ENTER, I suppose.)
>
> Is there anything I can do to make OL07 use shorter shortcuts?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
> Alt+S should still work...

Oops! You're quite right - it does. Sorry, folks!

As for a shorter shortcut for selecting the Account to use, I found that if
I add the Account chooser button to the Quick Access toolbar, I can then use
Alt+7 followed by the number of the account I wish to use.

0
Andrew

Short Cuts in Outlooks Left window/Pane
Hi. I am using Outlook 2010. In the very left pane in Outlook, where you also have Email, Contacts, Calendar, Notes... and so on and at last ShortCuts. I can drag a new shortcut to this pane by draging a short cut or icon from Internet Explorer or from the address field in IE and drag it over to ShortCuts in Outlook and I get my selves a new link or Short Cut. However, if I try to do the same with a html file that is stored on my computer or a common folder in our network, this does not work. I simply are not able to add this shurt cut? Or I get a warning and the short cut opens in IE and no...

Word font color keyboard shortcut
I'm requesting that a keyboard shortcut for applying the currently selected font color be designed into Word. I suggest Alt+C. It's very easy to highlight the desired text with the mouse in the right hand, and use two left hand fingers to apply the font color by shortcut. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-ba...

Excel Keyboard shortcuts
In an earlier post to this news group was the following To enter today's date hit CRTL + ; For current time hit CRTL + SHIFT + ; Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 Is there a web site or comprehensive listing somewhere that details available Excel Keyboard shortcuts? Thanks Tom Chip Pearson has a list on his site: www.cpearson.com P "Tom" <tomyrush@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message news:3hrtgv8sjhdnphtfh3fhvf2e2ksj0g1085@4ax.com... > In an earlier post to this news group was the following > > To enter today's date hit CRTL + ; For cur...

Is there a way to turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word?
As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:22:01 -0800, what the heck <what the heck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >As I'm typing a million things are happening. The find and replace box is >opening, the text is centering, italicizing. I'm not a sloppy typer. And I'm >not hitting the control key. Its driving me crazy. Please help. You ...

OL07 keyboard "short"cuts in the Message Window?
In OL03, I was able to change the account to send a message with Alt+N followed by the number. Now, it seems, the shortcut is Alt+H,Y,1 followed by the number. Similarly, to send a message, I would use Alt+S. Now I have the choice of Alt+H,S or Alt+F,E. (Or Ctl-ENTER, I suppose.) Is there anything I can do to make OL07 use shorter shortcuts? Alt+S should still work... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook ...

Keyboard shortcut
my xls file has almost 6 worksheet that have to keep switching between. Is there a keyboard shortcut I can use to switch between worksheet without using a mouse to click on the sheet I need to use thanks -- bombayterror ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bombayterror's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22855 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502345 Ctrl/Page Up or Ctrl/Page Down will switch to the previous/next sheets respectively. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "bombayterror&qu...

how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array one?
Hi, In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array? ....... CString strRst; unsigned short strOleChars[100]; strOleChars = strRst; //??? Thank you. Is ConvertStringToBSTR() what you are looking for? AliR. "David" <David_Wang_Xian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e6gbA3avFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short > array? > ...... > CString strRst; > unsigned short strOleChars[100]; > strOleChars = strRst; //??? > > Thank you. > > ...

Short cuts & Dictionary not working in Outlook 2003...
Hi I am having a problem in my Outlook 2003. The problem is the auto dictionary is not working. i.e. it is not whowing underline (Red and Green) to any of the errors. Moreove the shortcuts like Shift+F7, CTL+Shift+> (for font size increment)and CTL+Shift+< (for font size reduction)are also not working. Though F7 is working. The problem started when i uninstalled my MS Word 2003 and installed Word 2000. The solve the problem i have tried to install the MS Word 2003 again. Still it was not working. So i have unstalled the whole Office and installed full office 2003. But still I am not ab...

Keyboard shortcuts
I found the shortcut for selecting the Zoom box in Publisher 2003 by accident a while ago and thought how it wasn't possible for me to forget something so useful! Well, there you go... Does any one know it by any chance? Switch between the current view and the actual size. F9 Zoom to full page view. CTRL+SHIFT+L -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "TheBlueCat" <TheBlueCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C9893F7-B3...

PPT Keyboard Shortcut
Since upgrading, my new PowerPoint doesn't recognise the "Apple" + "shift" + "<" or ">" as the keyboard shortcut for increasing or decreasing font size. Word, however, doesn't have any problems. Looking through the ppt HELP section, it maps the keys to the ones I mention. But I can't get them to work. I haven't got the SHIFTLOCK on, but I did customize the menus a little. Does that make a difference? Dave Yes, t'is very annoying. I used to use the short cut keys a lot in powerpoint but they don't work. I looked ...

Name in short
Hello I want to prepare a report which has name of members in short form for example: Johannes Muda Hutauruk from First, Middle and Last Name. I want to make a calculated field in the query to have it shown on the report: like this : J. M. Hutauruk, Can anyone help me how can I make it? Coz I tried to search the function of Concatenate like in excel, but I can not find it. -- H. Frank Situmorang "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:42837EDE-816C-481F-872F-3DBE498CE848@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I want to prepare a report which ...

Keyboard Shortcut for Activating a Hyperlink
Is there a keyboard shortcut for activating (clicking) a hyperlink in an item such as an email message? I can't seem to find the information on the Web. Thank you. ...

Custom keyboard shortcuts
In Word (2007), I can assign any "command" to any key combination from the File | Options | Customize. This does not appear to be available in Excel 2007. I would like to make some key combination, such as Ctrl-Shift-L, to toggle the Lock setting for the selected cells. I know I can do this with a macro, but would prefer to use a Excel command, like in Word, if this is available. If not, I'll go the macro route. Thanks Hi Square Peg No this is not a option in Excel -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole&...

find keyboard short-cut to type symbols on keyboard
i need to replace a symbol and cannot find a way to just type the symbol on my keyboard and not have to go to insert. You can do it using the [Alt] key along with the numbers on the number pad (not the number keys above the standard keys). Hold the [Alt] key while keying in the numbers. Here's a page with many of the numeric codes you'll need: http://www.forlang.wsu.edu/help/keyboards.asp "steamcomputerdriver" wrote: > i need to replace a symbol and cannot find a way to just type the symbol on > my keyboard and not have to go to insert. An alter...

Keyboard Shortcuts
Is there any lists of keyboard shortcuts, specifically a shortcut to clear transaction in my checkbook. Thanks, Tim in Portland A search for "keyboard shortcuts" in Money help yielded the following list. But the quick answer to your question is "ctrl-M" will mark a transaction as cleared in the advanced register. "ctrl-shift-M" will mark it reconciled. Keyboard shortcuts Keyboard shortcuts allow you to quickly access and use features without using a mouse. To Press Copy text CTRL+C Insert today's date in the Date field CTRL+D ...

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?
or can I define one ? I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use right click menu every time Regards, Sirritys Ctrl+V -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee ) "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154506998.485777.116140@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > or can I define one ? > > I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use > right click menu every time > > Regards, > Sirritys > It is quite easy to define a...

how to modify standard keyboard shortucts?
Hi, My problem applies to CRM 3.0 Web interface and is as follows: We have an English version of the product installed. However, the users in the Polish office need to be able to use Polish characters. Windows Polish keyboard that everyone uses allows for typing Polish characters using the right Alt e.g. Alt-n is ń or Alt-s is ś. The problem is that on the Account screen Alt-s is a shortcut for Save and therefore the users cannot type ś. Is the any way this shortcut can be changed? Cheers, Marcin ------=_NextPart_0001_28653CA0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ...

Keyboard shortcuts
When I am editing a table, I'd like to be able to use keyboard shortcuts to bring up the context menu and then select Insert/Insert rows after. I can't find anything in the extensive Help article about keyboard shortcuts describing how to bring up the context menu, i.e. simulate a right-click, with keyboard shortcuts. Can anyone help me out? -- Rhino Simply assign a keyboard shortcut to TableInsertRowBelow - Alt+R should be unassigned. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&l...

Keyboard Shortcuts
Are there any keyboard shortcuts in WLM? Where can I find a list? Can I find one to select/highlight from point where cursor is to end of email? Thanks -- MS Hi, MS. "Ms" <mmra1@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:B50D423F-5615-4C8E-AF53-D4418B53CA91@microsoft.com... > Are there any keyboard shortcuts in WLM? Where can I find a list? Sure, there are many shortcuts - but I don't know of any definitive list. > Can I find one to select/highlight from point where cursor is to end of > email? Same as just about anywhere else in Windows: Ho...

crm entity navigation keyboard shortcuts
there are some keyboard shortcuts for doing things inside forms without the mouse but there aren't any for navigating from one entity to another or quickly open up a specific task, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Macro and Keyboard Shortcuts in Publisher
I have written a macro in VBA inside Publisher, but I have two question about making it convenient to use: 1. Is it possible to make it so that this macro will load wit Publisher every time I open Publisher? 2. Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut (such a CTRL+SHIFT+v) to it to make it more convenient to run the macro? This macro reads the font information of selected text, pastes new tex in its place, and formats the new text the same way the old text wa formatted (basically works like Paste Unformatted in Word). I use thi function a whole bunch in my Publisher documents and it wo...

Keyboard shortcut for Auto-filter
Hi! Anyone know a trick to switch auto filter on and off without going through the menu such as a keyboard shortcut? Ive got Excel 2003 and I dont mean "ALT + DOWN" :-) If switching autofilter on/off means to show all the data (but keep the arrows), then you could add an icon to your favorite toolbar. Tools|Customize|Commands tab|Data Category And drag "Show All" and maybe "Autofilter" to that favorite toolbar. Wombat wrote: > > Hi! > > Anyone know a trick to switch auto filter on and off without going through > the menu such...

need short cuts in the find option
I no that there are short cuts when using the find option. example i want to find everything at the end of the text in a cell like the word CORE and the begining of every word is something difrent like #'s. I no that you can insert something so that it will look at the end of it... does that makes sence???? arrggg i hope so LOL maybe looking for *core will help you find all the cells that contain values that end with CORE. The asterisk is a wildcard. Trisher75 wrote: > > I no that there are short cuts when using the find option. example i want to > find everything at t...

Short cut keys
Could someone please tell me of the shortcut key to the "check address" icon on the toolbar. I couldn't find it. Thanks, Martin Try ALT+K. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03a701c3b087$8cbc4c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Could someone please tell me of the shortcut key to > the "check address&quo...

Keyboard Shortcuts
How can I find the complete listing of Visio 2003 keyboard shortcut? In particular, what's the keyboard shortcut for Distribute Shapes..? Armstrong Hong Konng Launch Help and search on "keyboard shortcuts" to find a topic with all the shortcuts. I do not believe there is a shortcut for Distribute Shapes though. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Armstrong Wong" <armsys@hkstar.com> wrote in message news:%23wdjraMyEHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How can I find ...