OL 97 & 2003 compatibility

I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003 S&T.  All
items in my old OL 97 Outlook.pst file were imported to OL
2003, with just one obscure anomaly.  Each of my 129
memos, regardless of their total size, have the last two
characters of text truncated!?!

What's up with that???

Thanks in advance.
0
anonymous (74717)

My problem is with Outlook "NOTES" vice memos. Sorry, I
got confused with PALM nomenclature.

0
anonymous (74717)
9/30/2004 7:36:01 PM
probably a problem with ANSI to Unicode if you left Outlook 2003 make a new
pst. Try opening the old pst using file, open, outlook data file and drag
the items over.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003 S&T.  All
> items in my old OL 97 Outlook.pst file were imported to OL
> 2003, with just one obscure anomaly.  Each of my 129
> memos, regardless of their total size, have the last two
> characters of text truncated!?!
>
> What's up with that???
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
dianenws (1904)
9/30/2004 9:48:34 PM
My bad!  The notes DID in fact xfer properly from OL97 to
OL2003.  It is actually an OL2003 to Palm first-time synch
issue!

Guess I'll scour the Palm Knowledge Base, unless you have
any further info.

Thanks for the Help.

Guide)
>Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual
QuickStart Guide)

>Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:
http://www.slipstick.com
tips.net/

>"rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>>I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003 S&T.  All
>> items in my old OL 97 Outlook.pst file were imported to
OL
>> 2003, with just one obscure anomaly.  Each of my 129
>> memos, regardless of their total size, have the last two
>> characters of text truncated!?!
>>
>> What's up with that???
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74717)

Attach OL
I'd like to save certain e-mails I get to a data storage area (example: D:\DataStorageArea) and have the email retrievable to an Access db record. Is there any way I can do this so that the link to the email will open up lets say Word (which is my e-mail editor)? Thanks Phil ...

Can visio 2003 open zip files?
I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These collections all come as .zip files. Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? -- Stefan Lasiewski http://stefanco.com unfortunately not, al "Stefan Lasiewski" <StefanLasiewski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261B8AC4-8B9C-4678-ABB5-B6D2AD6BC7D9@microsoft.com... > I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These > collections all come as .zip files. > > Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? > > -- > Stefan Lasiewski...

2003 compat with 2002
I use Money 2003 for my home finances. My workgroup at the office uses Money 2002 for tracking our office finances. How can I open my office files at home without upgrading them and making them useless to the rest of my workgroup at the office? By running multiple versions. "Domenick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c0a501c46851$918070d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money 2003 for my home finances. My workgroup at the > office uses Money 2002 for tracking our office finances. > How can I open my office files at home without upgrading &...

outlook 97
anyone know a way to preview html in outlook 97. Is there a download available. Not that I know of - Outlook 97 doesn't support HTML. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "a dale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a04801c43467$cf0d55d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > anyone know a way to preview html in outlook 97. Is there > a download available. ...

Audit mailboxes on exchange 2003
Hi guys, I need to grant a permission to a user to monitor few mailboxes. When I add a user through advanced exchange tab and give him read perm. then connect remote mailbox in Outlook 2003 and click on the mailbox - it tells me - unable to expand the folder. If I assign full acess to the mailbox to a user then I'm able to open and view e-mails etc. But I dont want a user to remove read/unread flags or be able to delete anything from the mailbox that he's monitoring. I needs to be on the background w/o users knowing it. How do I correctly do it? Is there any :snoopers: that ...

Outlook 2003 multiple launch!
Installed Office 2K3 Pro on XP Pro SP1. Both are clean installs. When I start Outlook 2003, it starts up two instances. How can this be fixed? Sort of reminds me of Visio XP that would restart itself when I shut it down.... TIA Perry ...

OL 2002 applying rules inconsistently
Hi Does ANYONE have the fix for this: OL 2002/XP pro/POP3 mail A SIMPLE rule gets applied only sometimes automatically, always works manually: "THRU <specified account>:MOVE TO <specified folder>" There are no other rules. Thanks, Ali ...

Internet updates not working (Money 2003)
Hi: When I try to do an internet update to update my stock prices Money '03 hangs on the "Call Progress" window and I get a "Not Responding" message if I try to click anywhere in the program. There does not appear to be any internet communication initiated by the program even before it freezes so the problem is not some bad ticker symbol. I discovered if I turn the Messenger service off and back on I could sometimes get Money to make the connection and download my stock quotes successfully. I do have Zonealarm Pro firewall but I shut it off before I attempt t...

Exchange 2003 & MS CRM Network traffic
Hello We have a Windows 2003 AD infrastructure with Exchange 2003sp2 running on a dediated server. We have Microsoft CRM 3.0 on its own dedicated server. We have an issue with a couple of Vista Business client, with Outlook 2007, and CRM installed. When outlook is openned (and CRM client starts) - all is fine until user gets an email. Once an email is received, outlook.exe consumes c. 30% CPU and then opens a connection to the exchange server at a constant 3Mb/s. This continues till Outlook is closed and then comes back as soon as Outlook is restarted and a new email is received. There a...

Outlook 2003 #10
Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to purchase the new office ap? John Unless you purchased "software assurance" with Office XP, Office 2003 is not a free upgrade. >-----Original Message----- >Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to >purchase the new office ap? > >John >. > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:16:25 -0700, Wm. B. Yeats <WBYeats@Ireland.com> wrote: >Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to >purchase the new office ap? > If you purchased Microsoft Office XP aft...

how to make a leaflet on microsoft publisher 2003
im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but i have no clue on how to, any respponses would be appreciated. Open Publisher, New, Click Publications for Print, scroll down to Flyers. This will give you a guide on how a leaflet is setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dmpm" <dmpm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C563C481-49B6-409D-B98E-E84477BD5609@microsoft.com... > im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but > i ...

starting OL 2000 with the /prefetch:1 command line switch
I have just become aware of the: /prefetch:1 command line switch to make applications start faster. For some reason, it works on my OE 6 program (and many others I have installed on my Pentium IV PC running XP Home SP2) but not on my OL 2000 program. When I start OL2000 with the following command line: "E:\Microsoft Office\Outlook2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /prefetch:1 I get an error message that says: the command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any ideas? Jay J <sonrisa322@comcast.net> wrote: > When I start OL2000 with the follo...

Access 2003 Running Sum Question
I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It works, but it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks somewhat like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull the latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!! Material In 4/4/10 250 ft Running Sum Mat'l. In 250 ft ...

How do I make OL synchronize w/ current email provider?
I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this correct? And if so, how can I make that happen? In news:62F20161-05A4-464B-8E84-D5DFE6C06AAB@microsoft.com, Karen <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become > familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I > thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this > correct? ...

Outlook 2003 Improvements?
For anyone reading who has tried Outlook 2003 yet, any comments on it? Much improved? I read in an article something to the effect that, although for the most part there are not many improvements in the Microsoft Office 2003 applications that would make much difference to most users, not much different from the last version, there are more improvements in Outlook than the other applications. Have people who tried it found that to be the case? Any further explanation of what you like better? I don't have many complaints with Outlook 2002, except for problems with e-mail. I started using ...

Microsoft Office 2003
Hi I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista. For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the following message: "the expected version of your product was not found". Any idea what might be wrong? Microsoft doesn't recommend running multiple versions at the same time. If you do, it's generally suggested to install in release order: oldest to newest. Thus, the update installer is probably confused. Here's a super article by MVP Dian Chapman: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=...

Using a VM for failover exchange 2003
Hi this has been brought up in meetings and I have been looking into it a bit, and have read about using a VM for failover for exchange 2003 in the event of a hardware failure. We have a SAN which contains the current exchange databases etc and was wondering if there was any solution out there that would monitor the physical exchange server and in the event of failure start a VM on another machine to provde mail until the physical server can be brought back online? Thanks for any advice Have you looked at a producet called XOsoft? they may do something like what you are looking for N...

Need to convert Office 97 Excel doc to Office 2003!
Just purchased new Office and old Excel ('97) spreadsheets need to be converted - can't be opened! New Excel should be able to open old Excel files, it's the other way 'round that doesn't work. "Kim" wrote: > Just purchased new Office and old Excel ('97) spreadsheets need to be > converted - can't be opened! If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the Office Plugin that comes with it. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more ...

OL 2003
win Xp-Office 2003-OL2003. Its been a disaster...the worst ever product I bought. THe OL hangs (not responding). tried to follow all solutions-changed profile, options-other-name corrected, installed- reinstalled, nothing helps. the OL jsut stops responding after opening and the needs to be shut down (with the icon in the tray showing the message of ol server....which O don't use). Any help will be appreciated. Have you also tried this one: You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlo...

Xml validation exception only occurs outside debugger
Hi, I am experiencing a strange problem. I am reading and writing xml files via XmlDocument and XmlTextWriter. In the debugger everything works fine but outside the debugger (debug or release) I receive the following error: "The type initializer for "System.Xml.Schema.Validator" threw an exception." I wrote a small console app that contains the problem -- I've just attached the default class which gets run. Output outside the debugger is as follows ------------------ Creating xml file Reading xml file Error reading xml file The type initializer for "Syst...

Outlook 2003 and wrong encoding setting of the incoming mail
Hi, Some people can have wrong regional settings or wrong settings for the outgoing mail. In Outlook Express I had the opportunity to manually select the encoding of the incoming mails. Using this option I was able to read the incoming message even if the original encoding setting was wrong. In outlook 2003 there is no such a feature. I can set the default encoding for the outgoing mail. For the received messages I cannot do anything. Is there a way to overcome this? Thanks a lot. S�mer Yamaner MD ...

Upgrading OL 2K SP 3 to OL 2K3
Per subject, I am concerned about what will happen concerning the handling of attachments. In my current version (OL 2K SP 3) Outlook disables the activation of all suspect attatchments. There is NO configuration to change this in this scenario. I know that later versions of OL allowed for an attachment config. Will I be able to do an "upgrade", or will I be forced to remove OL 2K and reinstall OL 2K3 to get this ability? Thanks! -Frank Outlook 2000 (SP3) allows you to customize which attachments you want to see by modifying the registry. Perhaps http://www.slipstick.com/ou...

Printing Envelopes In Outlook 2003
Just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I'm unable to print an envelope (via Word). Is there a way in 2003 to easly print just one envelope or lable rather than goiing the whole mail merge route? They way I USED to do it (and granted this may be a question for Word...) I would open word>envelopes and then select the Address Book icon and select a name. Since i've upgraded to Outlook 2003 that Address Book icon is not available (greyed out). Any suggestions?? Sounder wrote: > Just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I'm unable to print an envelope > (via Word). > > Is the...

Sending automatically from Outlook 2003
My application needs to send automatically e-mails using Office Outlook 2003.The PC is in a remote substation without personnel.But before each e-mail be sent,there is a ! warning asking if I allow this message.I need to bypass this since nobody is there to answer. Please help me responding via e-mail. Thanks, Constantin Does the app really need to use Outlook for some reason? Can it not just send directly to the SMTP server? You may need to re-write your app - or look into a freeware app called ExpressClickYes that you can run on the PC in question - note that this is potentially dang...

Excel 2003 -- Problem selecting link range within an autoshape.
In a multitab worksheet, we have a rectangluar autoshape on each sheet. The rectangluar shapes are not moved or resized with cells. The shapes are set to no fill. On any sheet, if you want to select a range within the rectangle on that sheet, there is no problem. But if you want to link from one sheet to another -- i.e type = for a cell's contents and then go to another sheet to select a cell or cells -- you are not permitted to select a cell within that other sheet's autoshape. One may select a range that overlaps the autoshape, however. One can also manually enter the range,...