OL 2K will NOT show e-mail addresses in to field

0
anonymous (74718)

Again - tough noogies. Learn to post some useful information, such as the
version of Outlook and WHAT email addresses you want to see in the TO field
as opposed to what you are seeing now.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, outlook victim
asked:

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Outlook Does not receive mail #2
Just installed XP Pro and Office 2003 pro (no contact manager), Norton Internet security 2004. Everything worked fine for one week. One week later 2 of 6 e-mail accounts stopped working. I can not recieve mail on them manually. They send OK and the e-mail server test in accounts is OK. Error Message: Task '<e-mail acct> - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK' I found a FAQ that Out...

Outlook 2k/2k3 reports corrupted server rules
We've got Exchange 2000 with the latest SP installed. There's a mixed number of Office clients starting from Outlook 2k to the cutting edge 2k3 in the research group One of my users is reporting that apparently his Outlook 2k3 "server rules" had been corrupted and thus won't display in the Rules Wizard anymore. Since these were rules using the newer Outlook 2k3 format, using lower versioned clients like Outlook 2k and XP (2k2) wouldn't recognize the rules either At first we tried the client solution--and uninstalled the whole Outlook 2k3 on the client computer and c...

"Publisher cannot complete the operation" in Office 2K
PC=Dell Optiplex GX280, 80GB hard drive (more than 70 unused), 1GB memory, Windows XP Pro, SP2. Office 2K SP3, Publisher. All latest Office and Microsoft updates applied. Had user reboot. Only started Publisher, no other apps. Microsoft Publisher Catalog appears first - under Wizards (on left), selected Flyers then Event. Tried Company Picnic Flyer - got "Publisher cannot complete the operation". Tried "Pets Available" flyer - got in okay. This repeated itself (some worked, some didn't) with different flyers. Logged in as Admin to the PC, no problems with...

Attach OL
I'd like to save certain e-mails I get to a data storage area (example: D:\DataStorageArea) and have the email retrievable to an Access db record. Is there any way I can do this so that the link to the email will open up lets say Word (which is my e-mail editor)? Thanks Phil ...

Exchange 5.5 for send mails with a customized
I need to configure Exchange 5.5 for send mails with a customized background. Thanks!!! Do this with Outlook. LordOfTheDark wrote: > I need to configure Exchange 5.5 for send mails with a customized > background. > > Thanks!!! > > > ...

Reading plain text mails in Outlook 2002 with MS Word
In Outlook 2000, by using MS Word as the mail editor option, if i double-click on a message which is in Plain Text format, Word opens it and nicely formats the message so that in long messages with multiple conversations, each message in the long conversation is nicely separated and formatted which makes it very readable. However, in Outlook XP and above, MS Word is being used only to open messages in Rich Text format and Outlook's default editor is used to open Plain Text mails, which is devoid of any formatting and makes long mails with multiple conversations pretty unreadable. Is there ...

X, Plus, and Star marker styles do not show all data points
In a scatter chart, the X, Plus, and Star styles simply mark the right end of each string of data; data points to the left of that position don't show, unless I use a background color different from the Chart's background. The square, diamond, triangle, and circle styles show all the data. Is there a property of these 3 problem styles I should set to make them display like the 4 that work? Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl Larry - I've never noticed a problem like that. You're saying the markers only mark the last point in a series? Are these charts you're doing your...

mail sound Outlook 2000
Hi I just got a new Dell computer and transferred Outlook 2000 to it. Everything works well except that when new mail arrives the sound is just a beep, not the mail notify sound that I had set up on the old computer. When I go to the Control Panel to set up the mail notify sound I can test the notify sound. It does play, so what is wrong? Can anyone help please Thanks Rich Tools->options->Email Optinos->Advanced E-mail Options. Do you have it set to play a sound? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inser...

graphs in e-mail
I have a graph that I copied to a spreadsheet (I needed to add additional column information). Now I need to copy the whole thing to an e-mail, it needs to be part of the e- mail, not an attachment. My problem is I can get either the graph or the "extra" information not both. Any suggestions? ...

Pressed toolbar button doesn't show hover state.
I've a toolbar button like history button in IE. But it doesn't draw transparently when the mouse moves over in pressed state. I've tried TBSTYLE_BUTTON and TBSTYLE_CHECK. Is there any style missing? ...

Cannot delete message from Outlook 2K Outbox
There is a message in the outbox that I cannot delete. I highlight it and hit delete, no good. I highlight it then click file/delete, no good. Any help would be appreciated at this causes problems sending other mail messages from this computer. My next step is to back up the persons pst file, remove office and reinstall. >-----Original Message----- >There is a message in the outbox that I cannot delete. I >highlight it and hit delete, no good. I highlight it then >click file/delete, no good. Any help would be appreciated >at this causes problems sending other ...

sent mail not leaving outbox & update errors
I am using outlook 2007 (from Enterprise 2007 bought at school) I have my school and hotmail accounts routed through it using the outlook wizards. It has worked okay (occasional delays for incoming mail from school but running the repair from the "tools" "options" "mailsetup" menu always fixed had to do it once a week though) for the last 2 months. Then at my professors request I loaded the school's free enterprise version of Mcafee virus scanner. Now my send does not seem to work at all. The mail items stay in the outbox. I hit send/recive or just...

in RMS, automated e-mail at the closing with closing amounts
RMS should send an e-mail to me at the closing everyday. So I know the amount we closed with. Monthly, weekly totals would be great too ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defau...

OL 2002 applying rules inconsistently
Hi Does ANYONE have the fix for this: OL 2002/XP pro/POP3 mail A SIMPLE rule gets applied only sometimes automatically, always works manually: "THRU <specified account>:MOVE TO <specified folder>" There are no other rules. Thanks, Ali ...

starting OL 2000 with the /prefetch:1 command line switch
I have just become aware of the: /prefetch:1 command line switch to make applications start faster. For some reason, it works on my OE 6 program (and many others I have installed on my Pentium IV PC running XP Home SP2) but not on my OL 2000 program. When I start OL2000 with the following command line: "E:\Microsoft Office\Outlook2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /prefetch:1 I get an error message that says: the command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any ideas? Jay J <sonrisa322@comcast.net> wrote: > When I start OL2000 with the follo...

How to have auto dialog box showing when selecting cell
I would like to have a dialog box appear each time a cell is selected in a column. I need the dialog box show the next cheque number and allow the user to change that if necessary. The cells cannot have a formula in it as that would cause problems when sorting. Is there a way to do this? Rob You could use data validation to do this. Firstly in an empty area of the worksheet define a cell that is equa to max(column range where the cehque numbers are shown) + 1. (ie max(a:a) + 1 Then set the data validation for the whole cheque input range to list list = the address of the new cell. Th...

Data Validation List not showing

Show actual values added instead of cell references? (=A1+A4 shows as =10+2 in cell)
Is this even possible? I have the following: A1 =A2 (Shows result of 10) A2 10 A3 A4 =A5 (Shows Result of 2) A5 2 A7 =10+2 (Shows result of 27) Is there a way to show the formula in A7 as =10+2 instead of having it =A2+A5 ??? Thanks a bunch! On Dec 29, 1:24=A0pm, Naji <najisaa...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is this even possible? > > I have the following: > > A1 =A0=3DA2 (Shows result of 10) > A2 =A010 > A3 > A4 =3DA5 (Shows Result of 2) > A5 2 > > A7 =3D10+2 (Shows result of 27) > > Is there a way to show the formula in A7...

cannot set outlook as default mail client
I cannot set Outlook as the default mail client. When I go to setup a mail profile it opens the Internet Account mail dialog box. I have followed MS's articles to set Outlook as the default client in IE 5.5 SP2, but still no change. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Robin What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer mainr@tc.gc.ca <anonymous@discussions.mi...

How do I make OL synchronize w/ current email provider?
I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this correct? And if so, how can I make that happen? In news:62F20161-05A4-464B-8E84-D5DFE6C06AAB@microsoft.com, Karen <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become > familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I > thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this > correct? ...

Add text to Memo field
Hi All, I have 2 check boxes. If you check the box the on lick event adds text to a memo field. This issue is the last box checked text overrights the first. How would I add the additional text without removing the first? If me.ckbox1 = -1 then me.memo1 = "TEXT 1" end if If me.ckbox2 = -1 then me.memo1 = "TEXT 2" end if -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200703/1 That worked great. One more question if the user unchecks the box is there a way to find a...

Saving E-Mail With Images
Hi - I am trying to save an e-mail that contains .bmp files. To save the e-mail I've tried to save it as an .html file. However, when I try to save it, the images aren't saved (you see just a blank square where the image should be). Is there any way to save the e-mail and keep the images in tact? Thanks. ...

Outgoing mail server #2
I'm getting an 'error' message,rather i'm being timed out;the outgoing mail server is not responding. What's the solution? ...

Amnesty for illegal immigrants will not happen this time.....................

Update
When I try to move or delete certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...