OL 2010: subfolders not sorting correctly

I'm not exactly sure what I did, but after I did "it," I found that
one of my subfolders is sorted out of order.  Even after I ran
scanpst, the problem is still present:

Here is a partial list of subfolders:

Sales Process
Search Folders
Sent Items
2010 Status  <- obviously out of order.
Strategy

Until "it" happened, the "2010 Status" folder was properly grouped
with other folders whose name started with "2010."  Now I can drag
2010 Status into another folder as a subfolder.  Then if I MOVE the
folder back to the main folder, 2010 Status sorts back to its wrong
position.

What do I do?

-AH

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:38:40 -0700, Andrew Hamilton
<Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm not exactly sure what I did, but after I did "it," I found that
>one of my subfolders is sorted out of order.  Even after I ran
>scanpst, the problem is still present:
>
>Here is a partial list of subfolders:
>
>Sales Process
>Search Folders
>Sent Items
>2010 Status  <- obviously out of order.
>Strategy
>
>Until "it" happened, the "2010 Status" folder was properly grouped
>with other folders whose name started with "2010."  Now I can drag
>2010 Status into another folder as a subfolder.  Then if I MOVE the
>folder back to the main folder, 2010 Status sorts back to its wrong
>position.
>
>What do I do?
>
>-AH

Anyone?

I noticed that after a few days these folders "resorted" themselves
into proper order.  But what happened "underneath?" And why am I
seeing this odd behavior after using Outlook for probably 12 years
now?

Attach OL
I'd like to save certain e-mails I get to a data storage area (example: D:\DataStorageArea) and have the email retrievable to an Access db record. Is there any way I can do this so that the link to the email will open up lets say Word (which is my e-mail editor)? Thanks Phil ...

Office 2010 hase corrupted Office 2007
Didn't like Office 2010 so uninstalled them but now getting error that MSO2007 hasn't been installed. I have a Windows Vista Ultimate, but I wasn't able to find installation for office from my dvd. How do I install them from my vista ultimate dvd? You require an Office cd in order to install it, Office is not on the Vista dvd "Michal" <Michal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7E5FF59-1E89-4B8A-93C2-BFFCC0BA1DBA@microsoft.com... > Didn't like Office 2010 so uninstalled them but now getting error that > MSO2007 hasn't ...

OL 2002 applying rules inconsistently
Hi Does ANYONE have the fix for this: OL 2002/XP pro/POP3 mail A SIMPLE rule gets applied only sometimes automatically, always works manually: "THRU <specified account>:MOVE TO <specified folder>" There are no other rules. Thanks, Ali ...

Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010
Hi, I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std. I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes. i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for Exchange 2010. Sbs server will be dismiss. Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ? Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem) Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ? Thank you very much Lorenzo Hi Lorenzo: By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies listed in the various groups and els...

sort certain datas in a wide range of datas
Say I have 3 columns with lots of datas: Column A: Order # Column B: Part# Column C: Catergory # A2: Order# 021006 B2: 111 C2: Wire A3: Order# 021006 B3: 222 C3: Machine A4: Order# 021006 B4: 333 C4: Tool A5: Order# 021006 B5: 444 C5: Tape A6: Order# 021007 B6: 222 C6: Machine A7: Order# 021007 B7: 333 C7: Tool A8: Order# 021007 B8: 444 C8: Tape A9: Order# 021008 B9: 111 C9: Wire A10: Order# 021008 B10:222 C10: Machine A11: Order# 021008 B11:555 C11: Bearing What I n...

starting OL 2000 with the /prefetch:1 command line switch
I have just become aware of the: /prefetch:1 command line switch to make applications start faster. For some reason, it works on my OE 6 program (and many others I have installed on my Pentium IV PC running XP Home SP2) but not on my OL 2000 program. When I start OL2000 with the following command line: "E:\Microsoft Office\Outlook2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /prefetch:1 I get an error message that says: the command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any ideas? Jay J <sonrisa322@comcast.net> wrote: > When I start OL2000 with the follo...

Mappings Do Not Persist Correctly in Customization File
I have noticed that when I remove default mappings that ship as part of CRM (ie: account address information to contact) and save these customizations, they do not persist when importing into a new environment. I think the reason for this is nothing is removed when doing an import into a new environment, but only added. Can someone confirm this is the case? If so, is there a plan for a more robust import process where one can remove items in 5.0? This becomes very difficult to maintain for system integrators and ISVs. Don't know about future versions. But I can confirm that is ...

Sorting in a shared workbook
Hello, I am using a shared workbook over a network and I am having problems sorting my worksheet. When I highlight the data I want to sort (A2:M20) it automatically highlights the entire row (2:20). How can I get it to sort only the data I have Highlighted? If I take the spreadsheet off of "shared" it works fine. I am using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. Thanks in advance. Mark That's the way excel works with a shared workbook. Maybe just putting the data on that row that should be sorted would be sufficient. (Move the data to the right/left to another worksheet or lower...

How do I sort area codes by time zones
How do I sort area codes by time zones you have your area codes in say column A and your associated time zone data in column B.Select both columns and Data>Sort Ascending by column B -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Paul" wrote: > How do I sort area codes by time zones ...

How do I make OL synchronize w/ current email provider?
I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this correct? And if so, how can I make that happen? In news:62F20161-05A4-464B-8E84-D5DFE6C06AAB@microsoft.com, Karen <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become > familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I > thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this > correct? ...

Excel Sort Issue
I have groups of data i need to sort by date or type. The data below would be in excel in columns and rows. How would i sort by date? or by time? Date:8/20/08 Time: 5:00 Candy enjoyed? snickers Y milky way Y baby ruth N Date:8/15/08 Time: 3:00 Candy enjoyed? 3 musket Y m&m N baby ruth N Date:8/30/08 Time: 4:00 Candy enjoyed? Clark Y Crunch Y Hershey N Thank you for...

DPM 2010 RC and users' profiles
Is there a way to exclude certain common folders from backup of users' profiles? Say I don't want to backup internet explorer cache since there is no point and it changes very frequently... For servers you can use:"Exclude Folders" and "Exclude File Types" filters, for client protection you can add "Exclude" "Temporary Internet files" protection rule while creating Protection group. Same options are available in modify protection group flow also. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warran...

disable sort warning
How do I disable the sort warning box when sorting data in excel? This warning saves a lot of people lots of time rebuilding their data. In fact, it was only recently added (after years of requests, I'd wager). There is no way (yet) to stop this warning. (You are writing about the "expand the selection or continue with current selection" warning, right? mechelei wrote: > > How do I disable the sort warning box when sorting data in excel? -- Dave Peterson ...

[odbc] What is the correct format for time in sql?
[VC++ 6.0][ODBC] I need to send sql (select id from TABLE where date>=#2001/10/20# and date<#2003/05/20# and time>#01:20# and time<#20:45#) to database. What is the correct format for time? ArtuS "ArtuS" <artu_s@.gazeta.pl> wrote in message news:bsmevt$q37$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > [VC++ 6.0][ODBC] > > I need to send sql (select id from TABLE where date>=#2001/10/20# and > date<#2003/05/20# and time>#01:20# and time<#20:45#) > to database. What is the correct format for time? > > ArtuS "... where date >= {d '2001-10-20...

OL 2003
win Xp-Office 2003-OL2003. Its been a disaster...the worst ever product I bought. THe OL hangs (not responding). tried to follow all solutions-changed profile, options-other-name corrected, installed- reinstalled, nothing helps. the OL jsut stops responding after opening and the needs to be shut down (with the icon in the tray showing the message of ol server....which O don't use). Any help will be appreciated. Have you also tried this one: You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlo...

Not in list error when form has limit to list = no auto correct =
I had code in not in list as I need to open fields for a new entry that are filled in when in list. Private Sub PatientID_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) Me.BirthDate.Locked = False Me.Race1.Locked = False Me.BirthDate.BackColor = 16777215 Me.Race1.BackColor = 16777215 End Sub Took this out and still getting limit to list error message. This is Access 2003 I believe. Need to fix for client soon. Please help Thanks! Terry That would not be the correct place to put that code. It should go in the After Update event of the comb. If you want to avoid the A...

Upgrading OL 2K SP 3 to OL 2K3
Per subject, I am concerned about what will happen concerning the handling of attachments. In my current version (OL 2K SP 3) Outlook disables the activation of all suspect attatchments. There is NO configuration to change this in this scenario. I know that later versions of OL allowed for an attachment config. Will I be able to do an "upgrade", or will I be forced to remove OL 2K and reinstall OL 2K3 to get this ability? Thanks! -Frank Outlook 2000 (SP3) allows you to customize which attachments you want to see by modifying the registry. Perhaps http://www.slipstick.com/ou...

DPM Upgrade to 2010 with domain and storage migration
I have a customer who is doing a major environment rearchitecture. Involved in this is building out a new environment at a new datacenter including: Creating a new domain Installing a new SAN Building a six node Hyper-V cluster in the new domain Rebuilding each application server [with newest version] on the hyper-v cluster, and migrating data across a forest trust and 1gb cross-connect. The DPM server however, is a new box with a LUN from the old SAN running DPM 2007. The customer wants to bring bring that server over to the new datacenter, install Server 2008 R2, DPM 2010 and ...

Turning an image the other way in Publisher 2010 ?
There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue. I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for example - any help ? "Phil" <plk.philk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:sVwzo.30326$MZ3.24527@newsfe29.ams2... > There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue. > I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for > example - any help ? With the resize handles showing press and hold the shift key while grabbing one corner resize handle handle with the mouse cursor. Move the mouse, righ...

Correct ordering of Include directories?
Given the following Include and Lib folders in VS6 and VS7.1, could you help me understand the proper ordering of the folders? I'm pretty new to VC++/MFC, and I'm sometimes having issues during builds that indicate redefinition, perhaps duplicate includes of header declarations, etc. Thanks a million for helping me clear this up. I'm not sure if the "more-specific" stuff should be above the "more-general" stuff, and also not clear whether the \MFC and \ATL family of folders are specifically required. VS6 Include Directories C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Inc...

The First Great Purge of 2010
The first Stalinist-style newsgroup purge of 2010 would appear to have left the .General Windows newsgroups (Vista.general Xp.General etc) standing. This constitutes a purging of the small 'village' newsgroups, a herding the masses into the larger 'city' groups, before the final mass extermination to come (sometime before October); a temporary Darwinian survival of the fittest before the final purge. The future is then a corporate-controlled 'forum', highly censored, with free speech a thing of the past. A descent into the dark ages of corporate fascis...

Tape Catalogs in DPM 2007 or 2010
I have two questions in regards to tape backup: 1.) Is there a physical limit to how long catalogs can be retained? I realize this dependent on the environment. But let's say you are backing up 30 million files a month (7TB raw) and want to keep the catalogs for about 5 years. Is it just a matter of disk space to keep SQL happy or is there another physical limit? 2.) Can tape catalogs be exported/imported to another DPM server? Or is the only way to either transfer the whole DB to another DPM server or re-catalog the tapes? There is no limit till you keep SQL happy ...

sorting/ordering a column by day of the week
i am making a spreadsheet of a weekly schedule, so i need to be able to sort and order a column not by day AND date (wednesday, January 8, 2010), but simply by day of the week. in 'format cells,' there is no such capacity, and when i sort ascending, it gives me the days in alphabetical order and not in day of the week order. does anyone know how to get excel to order a column from monday to friday (or sunday to saturday)? thanks so much, -- Laura Use a helper column. If dates are in col. A, use: =WEEKDAY(A2,3) and fill down. Then sort ascending based on this new column. HTH ...

Moving from OL 97 to OL 2003
I finally convinced my wife to replace her computer. We moved from Win 98 & Office 97 (OL97/98) to Win XP Home & Office 2003 pro. I installed the new computer on our home network to facilitate moving her data and everything works okay but Outlook. I copied her old Outlook.pst (from the OL97 machine) to the new computer and tried to import it into OL2003. I got a msg saying I couldn't do it. So.... I found the newly created pst file (from OL2003), deleted it, and replaced it with the 97 pst file. I don't think that was very smart because now, when in OL2003, I see two personal...

How save SORT?
An using MS Office 2002 Excel. Have various worksheets that I always sort a certain way... let's say address list is sorted Column B, then Column A, then Column C. Problem is... everytime I go to sort, I have to re-enter this. Is there a way to save it for a specific worksheet file? Not sure, but it seems like some worksheets save it (it pops up with this sort criteria), others don't. Thanks Have you tried to record the steps as a macro (Tools|Macro|Record) Then assign the macro to a button; View|Toolbars|Forms - drag the small rectangle icon onto the sheet and assign your macr...