OL 2007 Auto Archiving Errors/Cannot read archive properties from

New Outlook user, please go easy on me.  As of 01/01/2008 I have converted
from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home Premium, dual core
2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update.

I used AddressMagic to import all of my email messages from Eudora into a
new OL2007 PST file.  Conversion worked great, and I can see and use all of
my emails and attachments.

FUNCTION:

Auto Archiving

ERROR:

* Pop-up error message declares: "Errors occurred while archiving.  Look for
a detailed report in your Deleted Items folder."

* Delete Items folder shows messages of the format:
Error while archiving folder "ABC" in store "Personal Folders - AJK".
Cannot read archive properties from folder ABC.  Cannot create archiving
properties.  An unexpected error has occurred.

* Message above repeats in block format in the Deleted Items entry, naming
different folders in each iteration of the message.

BACKGROUND AND PROCESS:

* The PST file is 3+ gigs, and I have it on an 8gb Express memory card to
avoid physical RPS, latency, and other delays related to HDD.  This decision
was based on the size of the PST file.

* I have an archive PST set up on HDD, and it shows under "Data Files" in OL.

* Default Auto-Archive parameters are set to archive anything older than x
months (plenty of messages to fit that description).

* Right clicked on top level of mail folder tree, set auto-archive to use
default auto archive, and I manually confirmed that sub-folders  have this
property as well.

* Select Tools | Mailbox Cleanup | Auto Archive

* Runs for a while, status at bottom of window shows archiving zzz folder
and changes as it presumably goes about its business.

* Archive PST does contain a duplicate of the main mailbox PST, but no
messages can be found in any of the folders.

* I went back through the main PST, and found many messages dated far beyond
the x months I stipulated for archival.

* Main PST file size does not appear to have decreased.

* Archive PST file size does not appear to have increased.

RESOLUTION SOUGHT:

* Understanding of error.

* Understanding of correction of error

* Archival of main PST messages to reduce file size and increase performance
of Outlook while maintaining online-near-line access to historical messages.

Any ideas?

Archiving works on the modified date not the received date so if you
imported the messages, autoarchive isn't practical until all the imported
messages are ready to be archived.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Deputy5211" <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New Outlook user, please go easy on me.  As of 01/01/2008 I have converted
> from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home Premium, dual core
> 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update.
>
> I used AddressMagic to import all of my email messages from Eudora into a
> new OL2007 PST file.  Conversion worked great, and I can see and use all
> of
> my emails and attachments.
>
> FUNCTION:
>
> Auto Archiving
>

> ERROR:
>
> * Pop-up error message declares: "Errors occurred while archiving.  Look
> for
> a detailed report in your Deleted Items folder."
>
> * Delete Items folder shows messages of the format:
> Error while archiving folder "ABC" in store "Personal Folders - AJK".
> Cannot read archive properties from folder ABC.  Cannot create archiving
> properties.  An unexpected error has occurred.
>
> * Message above repeats in block format in the Deleted Items entry, naming
> different folders in each iteration of the message.
>

> BACKGROUND AND PROCESS:
>
> * The PST file is 3+ gigs, and I have it on an 8gb Express memory card to
> avoid physical RPS, latency, and other delays related to HDD.  This
> decision
> was based on the size of the PST file.
>
> * I have an archive PST set up on HDD, and it shows under "Data Files" in
> OL.
>
> * Default Auto-Archive parameters are set to archive anything older than x
> months (plenty of messages to fit that description).
>
> * Right clicked on top level of mail folder tree, set auto-archive to use
> default auto archive, and I manually confirmed that sub-folders  have this
> property as well.
>
> * Select Tools | Mailbox Cleanup | Auto Archive
>
> * Runs for a while, status at bottom of window shows archiving zzz folder
> and changes as it presumably goes about its business.
>
> * Archive PST does contain a duplicate of the main mailbox PST, but no
> messages can be found in any of the folders.
>
> * I went back through the main PST, and found many messages dated far
> beyond
> the x months I stipulated for archival.
>
> * Main PST file size does not appear to have decreased.
>
> * Archive PST file size does not appear to have increased.
>

> RESOLUTION SOUGHT:
>
> * Understanding of error.
>
> * Understanding of correction of error
>
> * Archival of main PST messages to reduce file size and increase
> performance
> of Outlook while maintaining online-near-line access to historical
> messages.
>

> Any ideas?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/23/2008 4:18:54 AM
Fair enough.  Assuming you are correct, then I would not expect anything to
start exporting for x months from now, then.

Are you certain that AddressMagicPersonaPlus does not preserve the modified
date?  Also, should this not cause AutoArchive to just bypass the files?  Why
does the list of folder change with each run?  Is there another way to pare
back the messages from my main PST based on received date? How about a
utility o work through the tree and set the last modified date+ received date?

Any takers?

Anthony

No need to post more than once.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > New Outlook user, please go easy on me.  As of 01/01/2008 I have
> > converted from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home
> > Premium, dual core
> > 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update.
>
> No need to post more than once.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Do you have any information or insight into to the problem I described?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > New Outlook user, please go easy on me.  As of 01/01/2008 I have
> > converted from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home
> > Premium, dual core
> > 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update.
>
> No need to post more than once.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Do you have any information or insight into to the problem I
> described?

I don't see where you answered Diane's question in your original thread.
Frankly, the problems you described don't surprise me because importing
always has unexpected side-effects.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
1/23/2008 6:30:39 PM
Outlook sets the modified date when the message is created. It does not use
the Received field value for the modified date.

You can manually archive. Sort by received date then select the older ones
and use Edit, move to folder... selecting the folder in the archive pst. It
will be slow since you'll need to do it with all folders.  This is easiest
for a couple of folders where you want total control but its to only way to
move files.

You can fake autoarchiving by using import/export and setting a filter, but
it copies the messages, not move them - that means it doesn't delete them
from the first pst and you'll have duplicates. If the pst is large, I would
export newer items to a new pst then set the newer one as the default
message store and move contacts to the new pst.

--

> [...]
>> > this
>> > property as well.
>> >
>> > * Select Tools | Mailbox Cleanup | Auto Archive
>> >
>> > * Runs for a while, status at bottom of window shows archiving zzz
>> > folder
>> > and changes as it presumably goes about its business.
>> >
>> > * Archive PST does contain a duplicate of the main mailbox PST, but no
>> > messages can be found in any of the folders.
>> >
>> > * I went back through the main PST, and found many messages dated far
>> > beyond
>> > the x months I stipulated for archival.
>> >
>> > * Main PST file size does not appear to have decreased.
>> >
>> > * Archive PST file size does not appear to have increased.
>> >

>> > RESOLUTION SOUGHT:
>> >
>> > * Understanding of error.
>> >
>> > * Understanding of correction of error
>> >
>> > * Archival of main PST messages to reduce file size and increase

1/24/2008 4:55:40 AM
Brian,

As an MVP-Outlook, I am sure that you have probably forgotten more about
Outlook than I may ever know.  Which begs the question:  You have posted
twice in this thread, and neither one has offered a shred of assistance, why?

As for your "don't surprise me" statement where you state that importing
"always" has unexpected side effects, again, not helpful, painted with an
overly broad brush, and besides, "always" and "never" rarely tell it like it
really is.  One could say that waking up each morning often has unexpected
side effects.  Technically true, but such statements are probably of little,
if any, benefit.

If you have something to add to this thread, I actively seek your input; I
can use much assistance and guidance as I work through this.  If all you are
going to do is puff up your chest, criticize and make statements so vague and
"absolute" as you have, I am certain there are other things you can be doing
with your time that are more befitting your stature and self-appreciation
than bothering with mere newbies such as myself.

With all due respect, thank you for your input.  Make it a great day!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you have any information or insight into to the problem I
> > described?
>
> I don't see where you answered Diane's question in your original thread.
> Frankly, the problems you described don't surprise me because importing
> always has unexpected side-effects.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> As for your "don't surprise me" statement where you state that
> importing "always" has unexpected side effects, again, not helpful,
> painted with an overly broad brush, and besides, "always" and "never"
> rarely tell it like it really is.  One could say that waking up each
> morning often has unexpected side effects.  Technically true, but
> such statements are probably of little, if any, benefit.

Since the specific issues importing causes have been posted innumerable
times, I don't see it necessary to repeat them yet again.  Anyone with a
search engine can find them in ten seconds.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

How do I fix this so I don't get an "Error 2015"
Dim x x = Application.CountIf("E5,E6000", "T13065") How do I fix this so I don't get an "Error 2015" Thanks, Rick Not tried it but I would think x=Application.Countif(Range("E5:E6000"),"T13065") Providing T13065 is a string you are counting. If it's a range reference x=Application.Countif(Range("E5:E6000"),Range("T13065")) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "2D Rick" <rbrowniii@compuserve.com> wrote in m...

Property Page
All, How can I make a property page active from a menu item? Thanks in advance.... I got it. m_dlgPropSheet.SetActivePage(m_dlgPropSheet.GetPageIndex(&m_EnSyncPage)); "The Truth" <sharp_mind@email.msn.R.E.M.O.V.E.T.H.I.S.com.no.spam> wrote in message news:e$YuNOJkEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > All, > > How can I make a property page active from a menu item? Thanks in > advance.... > > ...

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Nested schema bug? Project compiles, but doesn't read XML properly
We've run into an issue with VS2005 (at least I *think* it's an issue with Visual Studio) and one of our XML dataset schemas. We're trying to add a nested XML element to an existing element, but even though the project compiles fine, the XML document is not being read into a dataset properly. This is a trimmed-down sample of our current (working) XML document: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <AppMasterDataset xmlns="..."> <Aspects> <Key>...</Key> <Label>...</Label> <Aspect> ...

help!! smtp protocol error occurred
exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. receives fine. Still waiting for some relavent information so we can help you solve your problem. >-----Original Message----- >exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv >smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. >receives fine. > > >. > I had that problem, I telneted into the servers that the error occurred and found I was on a blacklist. Had to sumit to an open relay test, and bam, no more problems. ...

2007 calendar
How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? File, new, publications for print, calendars, select one, select yearly... click Change date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7253E645-B0BA-4B90-BF7E-7083802EA379@microsoft.com... > How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? ...

Visual Basic Error
Every time I shut down Outlook, I now get the following Microsoft Visual Basic error: "Compile error in hidden module: Autoexec" This started after I installed the software for People PC Dial -up Service. They haven't responded to my question and Tech Net/Knowledge base come up empty. Help!!! Thanks So, uninstall that software. It's obviously the problem and if they won't support it then it's useless to you. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Exten...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

2007 License
I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download together with key There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. (The EULA in Word being dependant on the above) How can I determine if this is licensed to install on a second device, other than trying? - The PID? Contact the MS Partner Program? "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVA$w8lpKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download : together with key : There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. : (The EULA...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

Script Errors 08-12-04
When launching CRM 1.2 through the web interface or through Outlook I am experiencing errors. This occurs on all the PCs on our network. CRM installed on Windows 2000 Advanced Server Client PCs running 2000 or XP Pro Browser IE6 with all updates. The main 3 I see are: Error #1 Line: 3 Char: 1 Error: Syntax Error Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home.aspx Error #2 Line: 104 Char: 1 Error: 'ORG_DATE_START_DAY' is undefined Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home.aspx Error #3 Line: 15 Char: 3 Error: 'ORG_DATE_FORMAT' is undefined Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home...

Office 2007 11-23-09
Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.) how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software. For example, I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on the HOME tab in Office 2007. Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a beginner. How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you can customize the Tabs. I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who teach their products. ...

Unknown error code
Hi, I'm trying to set up email in outlook 2007. After I put in all the information and click on "test account settings", I'm getting an error message. I mean, in the task tab, the "log onto incoming mail server (POP3), the status is completed" but on "send test email message, the status is Failed. and the error message is giving is "an unknown error code: 0x80040607 Does anybody knows out to fix this? Have you been able to send mail out before using that account, possibly with another mail client? "DM" <DM@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Autoenrollment errors after adding SSL certificate
Hello, I'm running an all Windows 2003 domain with an exchange server which is setup so that Outlook web access is using SSL which required that I installed a certificate. Ever since I've set up exchange to use this certificate I receive the following errors in the Application log for both my Domain Controllers (both also Windows Server 2003) which occurs every 8 hours. Both Domain Controllers show the following errors in the Application Log Source: AutoEnrollment Type: Error User: N/A Computer: DomainController1 or 2 Event ID: 13 Description: Automatic certificate enrollment for loc...

Report Error 11-24-04
When attempting to run CRM Reports for the first time we are receiving the error "Information is needed before this report can be processed" I have found documentation that states that this can happen if your server has an underscore. Our server does not it is named ourcompany.server.eeecrm Can the periods have the same effect as the underscore. Or does anyone have another cause? Thank you Hi There - Hope you don't mind but I wish to piggy-back on your post. I get the same error on our custom reports that use OLE DB to connect to another SQL server other than the MS CRM ...