OL 2003 Notes text field

Just curious...is there a limit to the amount of data one can enter into the
general text notes field in an OL2003 Contact record?

Not sure but I have been told 999 characters (including spaces)

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Bob Igel asked:

| Just curious...is there a limit to the amount of data one can enter
| into the general text notes field in an OL2003 Contact record?

0
MillyS (3228)

Reading plain text mails in Outlook 2002 with MS Word
In Outlook 2000, by using MS Word as the mail editor option, if i double-click on a message which is in Plain Text format, Word opens it and nicely formats the message so that in long messages with multiple conversations, each message in the long conversation is nicely separated and formatted which makes it very readable. However, in Outlook XP and above, MS Word is being used only to open messages in Rich Text format and Outlook's default editor is used to open Plain Text mails, which is devoid of any formatting and makes long mails with multiple conversations pretty unreadable. Is there ...

Attach OL
I'd like to save certain e-mails I get to a data storage area (example: D:\DataStorageArea) and have the email retrievable to an Access db record. Is there any way I can do this so that the link to the email will open up lets say Word (which is my e-mail editor)? Thanks Phil ...

Can visio 2003 open zip files?
I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These collections all come as .zip files. Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? -- Stefan Lasiewski http://stefanco.com unfortunately not, al "Stefan Lasiewski" <StefanLasiewski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261B8AC4-8B9C-4678-ABB5-B6D2AD6BC7D9@microsoft.com... > I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These > collections all come as .zip files. > > Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? > > -- > Stefan Lasiewski...

Outlook 2003 #95
Outlook 2003 form required cannot be displayed ...

Importing text problems
Hello, I am trying to import a list into Excel, and having trouble getting past the import wizard. The data seems to be separated by various symbols, and I cannot seem to separate my data so it imports to a useable form. Wondering if I could send a sample of this data (text file) to someone proficient in Excel to try and import? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. If the number of delimiters is limited (pretty small???), then maybe just open the text file in your favorite editor and do some Edit|Replaces to make all the delimiters the same. It might be easier to just...

2003 duplicating Junk Email
I have an executive who is currently running two machines at the same time(one in main office and one remote office) When junk email does come through it is duplicating in his Junk email folder. They are time stamped identical, etc. We were able to simulate the problem by setting up two laptops with the same profile (used my account instead this time). We kept them on at the same time and when spam came through it was also duplicated. Both mahcines have Office2K3 SP1 installed as well. Exchange version is 2K Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Dave And what if you disable the Junk ...

Outlook 2003 multiple launch!
Installed Office 2K3 Pro on XP Pro SP1. Both are clean installs. When I start Outlook 2003, it starts up two instances. How can this be fixed? Sort of reminds me of Visio XP that would restart itself when I shut it down.... TIA Perry ...

OL 2002 applying rules inconsistently
Hi Does ANYONE have the fix for this: OL 2002/XP pro/POP3 mail A SIMPLE rule gets applied only sometimes automatically, always works manually: "THRU <specified account>:MOVE TO <specified folder>" There are no other rules. Thanks, Ali ...

Converting Text to an external cell ref.
Hi, I'm, trying to put together an external cell reference in my worksheet. I can join together text that looks like the File Path / Work Sheet / Cell reference, but I can't figure out how to turn this string of text into a file path etc. and pick up the data I want. I get this strange feeling I'm being a complete idiot asking this can't see the wood for the trees, but I need help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi normally you can use INDIRECT for this. E.g. =INDIRECT("'[Book1.xls]Sheet1'!A1") which gets the value from cell A1, sheet...

Copying Text to Clip Board Using a Macro
Hi, is it possible to store text e.g. a standard script which I constantly use within the code of a macro ? The macro would be assigned to a button and when the button is �clicked on� it would copy this text to the clip board which will then allow me to paste it into another application. Currently this text is stored in a cell and I reference this cell and copy to clip board this way, buy I want to get away from storing text this way. Any help would be grateful appreciates Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------...

Microsoft Office 2003
Hi I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista. For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the following message: "the expected version of your product was not found". Any idea what might be wrong? Microsoft doesn't recommend running multiple versions at the same time. If you do, it's generally suggested to install in release order: oldest to newest. Thus, the update installer is probably confused. Here's a super article by MVP Dian Chapman: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=...

Outlook 2003 Improvements?
For anyone reading who has tried Outlook 2003 yet, any comments on it? Much improved? I read in an article something to the effect that, although for the most part there are not many improvements in the Microsoft Office 2003 applications that would make much difference to most users, not much different from the last version, there are more improvements in Outlook than the other applications. Have people who tried it found that to be the case? Any further explanation of what you like better? I don't have many complaints with Outlook 2002, except for problems with e-mail. I started using ...

Hosting multiple domains in Exchange 2003 SP2 Standard.
Hello! I have MS Exchange 2003 Standard with Service Pack 2. I would like to host several domains without having to configuring other domain controllers. But i cant make them work. Does any one knows how to do this? Thanks Alejandro On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:04:02 -0700, Alejandro <Alejandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello! >I have MS Exchange 2003 Standard with Service Pack 2. >I would like to host several domains without having to configuring other >domain controllers. But i cant make them work. >Does any one knows how to do this? > >Thanks > >Al...

XCH-2003 ESM Public Folder Administration
I have just inherited an XCH2003 (migrated from 5.5) server with public folder management issue: 1) When using the ESM (either on the server or installed in another location) You cannot view the existing list of folders under <Admin groups | Location | Folders | Public Folders> When right clicking and choosing view system folders a fatal error "The handle specified is invalid ID no: 80090301 Exchange System Manager" occurs preventing the view. 2) Same situation different location <Admin groups | Location | Servers | Server Name | 1st Storage Group | Public Folder Store | Pu...

Finding if a text string can be found in a column
I have two lists of clients names, A and B, that have some names in common.. I already sent a mailing to list A, and would like to send another to the names of list B that do not belong to list A. So far I have tried to add a column to list B with a test to see if each name of list B is in list A. I tried to combine functions like OR and EXACT but haven't succeeded. I would appreciate your help! Try Chip Pearson's page at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther Look for "Extracting Values On One List And Not Another" -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respon...

How do I make OL synchronize w/ current email provider?
I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this correct? And if so, how can I make that happen? In news:62F20161-05A4-464B-8E84-D5DFE6C06AAB@microsoft.com, Karen <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become > familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I > thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this > correct? ...

Internet updates not working (Money 2003)
Hi: When I try to do an internet update to update my stock prices Money '03 hangs on the "Call Progress" window and I get a "Not Responding" message if I try to click anywhere in the program. There does not appear to be any internet communication initiated by the program even before it freezes so the problem is not some bad ticker symbol. I discovered if I turn the Messenger service off and back on I could sometimes get Money to make the connection and download my stock quotes successfully. I do have Zonealarm Pro firewall but I shut it off before I attempt t...

how to make a leaflet on microsoft publisher 2003
im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but i have no clue on how to, any respponses would be appreciated. Open Publisher, New, Click Publications for Print, scroll down to Flyers. This will give you a guide on how a leaflet is setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dmpm" <dmpm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C563C481-49B6-409D-B98E-E84477BD5609@microsoft.com... > im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but > i ...

Outlook 2003 #10
Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to purchase the new office ap? John Unless you purchased "software assurance" with Office XP, Office 2003 is not a free upgrade. >-----Original Message----- >Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to >purchase the new office ap? > >John >. > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:16:25 -0700, Wm. B. Yeats <WBYeats@Ireland.com> wrote: >Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to >purchase the new office ap? > If you purchased Microsoft Office XP aft...

Exchange 2003 & MS CRM Network traffic
Hello We have a Windows 2003 AD infrastructure with Exchange 2003sp2 running on a dediated server. We have Microsoft CRM 3.0 on its own dedicated server. We have an issue with a couple of Vista Business client, with Outlook 2007, and CRM installed. When outlook is openned (and CRM client starts) - all is fine until user gets an email. Once an email is received, outlook.exe consumes c. 30% CPU and then opens a connection to the exchange server at a constant 3Mb/s. This continues till Outlook is closed and then comes back as soon as Outlook is restarted and a new email is received. There a...

embed a table so when text is edited it moves too
I am working on an IBM with Publisher 2003. I autoflow the text within the text block and want to embed charts/tables within the text block so when the text is edited the table move with it. I tried embedding the table but that embeds it into the document NOT the text block. Thanks in advance for your help. Word is more suitable for what you are trying to do. Publisher is a page layout application. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Miss P" <Miss P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170...

Access 2003 Running Sum Question
I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It works, but it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks somewhat like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull the latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!! Material In 4/4/10 250 ft Running Sum Mat'l. In 250 ft ...

starting OL 2000 with the /prefetch:1 command line switch
I have just become aware of the: /prefetch:1 command line switch to make applications start faster. For some reason, it works on my OE 6 program (and many others I have installed on my Pentium IV PC running XP Home SP2) but not on my OL 2000 program. When I start OL2000 with the following command line: "E:\Microsoft Office\Outlook2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /prefetch:1 I get an error message that says: the command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any ideas? Jay J <sonrisa322@comcast.net> wrote: > When I start OL2000 with the follo...

OL 2003
win Xp-Office 2003-OL2003. Its been a disaster...the worst ever product I bought. THe OL hangs (not responding). tried to follow all solutions-changed profile, options-other-name corrected, installed- reinstalled, nothing helps. the OL jsut stops responding after opening and the needs to be shut down (with the icon in the tray showing the message of ol server....which O don't use). Any help will be appreciated. Have you also tried this one: You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlo...

Text Field Size
I'm creating a database of text fields. I expect some data to exceed 255 characters. What is the maximum field size of a text field? Can I increase the text field size? If so I can I do that? Your help is appreciated. Regards, (B^>)-]=[ Use a memo field. But remember there are limitations and using functions with a memo as you cannot sort it. If you use Left([YourMemo], 255) you can sort that. -- Build a little, test a little. "WSR" wrote: > I'm creating a database of text fields. I expect some data to exceed 255 > char...