OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot

We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot.  We have
tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one,
created a new OL profile with no luck.  When we copied another users
nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is
picked up, but no new address are stored.

0
mullinsr1 (2)

outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not
closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if
so, close it first.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"rmullins" <mullinsr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot.  We have
> tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one,
> created a new OL profile with no luck.  When we copied another users
> nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is
> picked up, but no new address are stored.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/18/2007 2:52:03 PM
He uses a blackberry.  I will make sure everything shuts down properly
this afternoon and see how it goes

On Jun 18, 10:52 am, "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not
> closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if
> so, close it first.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> "rmullins" <mulli...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot.  We have
> > tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one,
> > created a new OL profile with no luck.  When we copied another users
> > nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is
> > picked up, but no new address are stored.

0
mullinsr1 (2)

Attach OL
I'd like to save certain e-mails I get to a data storage area (example: D:\DataStorageArea) and have the email retrievable to an Access db record. Is there any way I can do this so that the link to the email will open up lets say Word (which is my e-mail editor)? Thanks Phil ...

Can visio 2003 open zip files?
I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These collections all come as .zip files. Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? -- Stefan Lasiewski http://stefanco.com unfortunately not, al "Stefan Lasiewski" <StefanLasiewski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261B8AC4-8B9C-4678-ABB5-B6D2AD6BC7D9@microsoft.com... > I'm downloading some visio colllections from visiocafe.com . These > collections all come as .zip files. > > Can Visio read these compressed files automatically? > > -- > Stefan Lasiewski...

creating an changing a picute file in RW
Our payroll checks (GP10) were modified in report writer to add a picture file for the signature. We want to change the signature on these checks. This leaves me with a few questions: Any suggestions on how to best create the signature file for the new signature? Can I modify the modified report with the new picture file? Is this easy to do? Lastly, this is something I inherited. It seems to me that having the a signature image so readily available is a huge risk. Is there an easy way to lock this down and minimize this exposure? Thanks. -- Jim Hi Jim, ...

Outlook 2003 #95
Outlook 2003 form required cannot be displayed ...

2003 duplicating Junk Email
I have an executive who is currently running two machines at the same time(one in main office and one remote office) When junk email does come through it is duplicating in his Junk email folder. They are time stamped identical, etc. We were able to simulate the problem by setting up two laptops with the same profile (used my account instead this time). We kept them on at the same time and when spam came through it was also duplicated. Both mahcines have Office2K3 SP1 installed as well. Exchange version is 2K Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Dave And what if you disable the Junk ...

Outlook 2003 multiple launch!
Installed Office 2K3 Pro on XP Pro SP1. Both are clean installs. When I start Outlook 2003, it starts up two instances. How can this be fixed? Sort of reminds me of Visio XP that would restart itself when I shut it down.... TIA Perry ...

central storage of .pst files ..
Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to store users .pst files , in such a way that which ever pc a user use on the network, their .pst is the same file & thus the emails are always there ? a way seems to me is anyway to deploy a customized package on all pc's that automatically maps that fileserver location for each users individually . input needed thanks On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:09:59 -1000, S t i n g r a y <sting@youbastard.com> wrote: > Is there anyway off setting a central files location like a fileserver to > store users .pst ...

Problem converting Money 2002 files to Money 2008
I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read. (Changing to Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money). Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and eventually crashes the program. The window says "Converting file..." with a progress bar that never even begins to fill. If it helps, here are the "Problem Details" after the program crashes: Problem details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: MSMoney.EXE Appl...

Is there a way to recover a deleted file?
I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background ..gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they "backup" all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is there a solution that I'm going to like? Regards, When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on your keyboard? If so then these files must...

OL 2002 applying rules inconsistently
Hi Does ANYONE have the fix for this: OL 2002/XP pro/POP3 mail A SIMPLE rule gets applied only sometimes automatically, always works manually: "THRU <specified account>:MOVE TO <specified folder>" There are no other rules. Thanks, Ali ...

how to access the config file from workflow assembly
my workflow assembly now works fine. But I put hard code for url and userid, such as _service = new CrmService(); _service.Url = "http://crm/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx"; _service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; _service.CallerIdValue = new CallerId(); _service.CallerIdValue.CallerGuid = new Guid("3a4bbf99-f0e7-4b91-0000-a116a75ea665"); I tried to use app.config and web.config to store the data, such as <appSettings> <add key="DBA_WebserviceUrl" value="http://crm/mscrmservices/2006/crmservice.asmx" /&g...

Microsoft Office 2003
Hi I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista. For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the following message: "the expected version of your product was not found". Any idea what might be wrong? Microsoft doesn't recommend running multiple versions at the same time. If you do, it's generally suggested to install in release order: oldest to newest. Thus, the update installer is probably confused. Here's a super article by MVP Dian Chapman: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=...

Outlook 2003 Improvements?
For anyone reading who has tried Outlook 2003 yet, any comments on it? Much improved? I read in an article something to the effect that, although for the most part there are not many improvements in the Microsoft Office 2003 applications that would make much difference to most users, not much different from the last version, there are more improvements in Outlook than the other applications. Have people who tried it found that to be the case? Any further explanation of what you like better? I don't have many complaints with Outlook 2002, except for problems with e-mail. I started using ...

Hosting multiple domains in Exchange 2003 SP2 Standard.
Hello! I have MS Exchange 2003 Standard with Service Pack 2. I would like to host several domains without having to configuring other domain controllers. But i cant make them work. Does any one knows how to do this? Thanks Alejandro On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:04:02 -0700, Alejandro <Alejandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello! >I have MS Exchange 2003 Standard with Service Pack 2. >I would like to host several domains without having to configuring other >domain controllers. But i cant make them work. >Does any one knows how to do this? > >Thanks > >Al...

XCH-2003 ESM Public Folder Administration
I have just inherited an XCH2003 (migrated from 5.5) server with public folder management issue: 1) When using the ESM (either on the server or installed in another location) You cannot view the existing list of folders under <Admin groups | Location | Folders | Public Folders> When right clicking and choosing view system folders a fatal error "The handle specified is invalid ID no: 80090301 Exchange System Manager" occurs preventing the view. 2) Same situation different location <Admin groups | Location | Servers | Server Name | 1st Storage Group | Public Folder Store | Pu...

How do I make OL synchronize w/ current email provider?
I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this correct? And if so, how can I make that happen? In news:62F20161-05A4-464B-8E84-D5DFE6C06AAB@microsoft.com, Karen <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become > familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I > thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this > correct? ...

Internet updates not working (Money 2003)
Hi: When I try to do an internet update to update my stock prices Money '03 hangs on the "Call Progress" window and I get a "Not Responding" message if I try to click anywhere in the program. There does not appear to be any internet communication initiated by the program even before it freezes so the problem is not some bad ticker symbol. I discovered if I turn the Messenger service off and back on I could sometimes get Money to make the connection and download my stock quotes successfully. I do have Zonealarm Pro firewall but I shut it off before I attempt t...

vba code for saving file
Hi, I want to create a button that save (saveas) the workbook where the filename should be the string thats in cell B2 Anyone? txs One way: Public Sub CommandButton1_Click() Const ERRSTR As String = "File not saved." & _ vbNewLine & vbNewLine Dim fName As String On Error GoTo Handler With ActiveWorkbook fName = .Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").Text If Len(Trim(fName)) = 0 Then _ Err.Raise 32769 If Mid(fName, Len(fName) - 3, 1) <> "." T...

how to make a leaflet on microsoft publisher 2003
im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but i have no clue on how to, any respponses would be appreciated. Open Publisher, New, Click Publications for Print, scroll down to Flyers. This will give you a guide on how a leaflet is setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dmpm" <dmpm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C563C481-49B6-409D-B98E-E84477BD5609@microsoft.com... > im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but > i ...

Outlook 2003 #10
Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to purchase the new office ap? John Unless you purchased "software assurance" with Office XP, Office 2003 is not a free upgrade. >-----Original Message----- >Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to >purchase the new office ap? > >John >. > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:16:25 -0700, Wm. B. Yeats <WBYeats@Ireland.com> wrote: >Is this an (free) upgrade for Office XP users or does one have to >purchase the new office ap? > If you purchased Microsoft Office XP aft...

Exchange 2003 & MS CRM Network traffic
Hello We have a Windows 2003 AD infrastructure with Exchange 2003sp2 running on a dediated server. We have Microsoft CRM 3.0 on its own dedicated server. We have an issue with a couple of Vista Business client, with Outlook 2007, and CRM installed. When outlook is openned (and CRM client starts) - all is fine until user gets an email. Once an email is received, outlook.exe consumes c. 30% CPU and then opens a connection to the exchange server at a constant 3Mb/s. This continues till Outlook is closed and then comes back as soon as Outlook is restarted and a new email is received. There a...

Access 2003 Running Sum Question
I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It works, but it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks somewhat like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull the latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!! Material In 4/4/10 250 ft Running Sum Mat'l. In 250 ft ...

starting OL 2000 with the /prefetch:1 command line switch
I have just become aware of the: /prefetch:1 command line switch to make applications start faster. For some reason, it works on my OE 6 program (and many others I have installed on my Pentium IV PC running XP Home SP2) but not on my OL 2000 program. When I start OL2000 with the following command line: "E:\Microsoft Office\Outlook2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /prefetch:1 I get an error message that says: the command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any ideas? Jay J <sonrisa322@comcast.net> wrote: > When I start OL2000 with the follo...

Convert old publisher 2.0 file for Publisher 2000 and beyond
I created a text/graphic book in old publisher 2.0. Never progressed through later versions and Publisher 2000 won't open. Any ideas? The good news is I found 2.0 in the attic and installed her and she runs fine under XP. Everything I put in my attic melts... I did find an old AppleII+ banking program that booted right up. It has been the attic for years, it isn't 2000 compliant however. Can you open the file in 2.0? Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and Office Plug in, then try again. If you still can't open the file send the file to me and I will convert it fo...

save excel file to xml
how can I save a excel file to xml? Thanks, qq In Excel 2003, save as XML spreadsheet. "XML spreadsheet" is a drop-down choice in the File Type shown in the Save As dialog box. Bill <quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1104798698.421024.161510@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... how can I save a excel file to xml? Thanks, qq ...