OL 2003: Lost toolbar customizations after installing Palm sync software

Running OL 2003 (SP-1 not applied) on Windows XP SP 1.

I just installed Palm Desktop for my m505 to do OL sync with my Palm
on this system.  Install went OK, sync working, but now all my toolbar
customizations are gone.

I know that customizations aren't stored in the PST file.  Which OL
file does store these, and where is this file located?

outcmd.dat, but if they are gone, the file was probably replaced.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"I live on Outlook" <Private@privacy.org> wrote in message
> Running OL 2003 (SP-1 not applied) on Windows XP SP 1.
>
> I just installed Palm Desktop for my m505 to do OL sync with my Palm
> on this system.  Install went OK, sync working, but now all my toolbar
> customizations are gone.
>
> I know that customizations aren't stored in the PST file.  Which OL
> file does store these, and where is this file located?

0
dianenws (1904)
8/12/2004 11:33:11 PM
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:33:11 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote:

>outcmd.dat, but if they are gone, the file was probably replaced.

Thanks.

Fortunately, I do a tape backup daily of my system, all the files (in
selected directories) that have changed.  I'll pull back a 2-3 day old
version.

A long time ago, I had a listing (from MS?) of all the files used by
OL 97 running on Win 98.  Is there a similar listing for OL 2003
running on 2000 or XP?

I know (because I do it) that you can relocate a PST file out ot the
default location to another directory.  Is that possible with all the
other OL files?  Is registry hacking needed?
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:01:00 -0700, I live on Outlook
<Private@privacy.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:33:11 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
><dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote:
>
>>outcmd.dat, but if they are gone, the file was probably replaced.
>

>Thanks.
>
>Fortunately, I do a tape backup daily of my system, all the files (in
>selected directories) that have changed.  I'll pull back a 2-3 day old
>version.

Success!  I restored outcmd.dat from a week earlier, and I have all my
customizations back.  Now I'm a happy camper!

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

> I know (because I do it) that you can relocate a PST file out ot the
> default location to another directory.  Is that possible with all the
> other OL files?  Is registry hacking needed?

No, most of the files can't be relocated.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

0
dianenws (1904)

Excel 2003 Macro shortcut keys
Hello, I have had several excel macros working just fine until last week and all of a sudden the shortcut keys stopped working. I did have a new PC profile created because Word kept crashing. It is fine now. For instance, I have a simple macro that shifts data from one column to another (Ctrl + Shift + S) and another that uses (Ctrl + Shift + L). The macros will run if I do them manually, but now the shortcut keys just give me the default Excel behavior, such as font size or column width. If I change the shortcut letter, the macro works again with key strokes, but I use so...

How Do I Install Macros In Word
I'm an experienced Word user, although I'm still running with Word from Office 2000 (about to upgrade to the latest Office version), Suddenly, some of my documents say that the document was written with the need for macros, which wasn't installed. I tried to do a repair installation of Word from Office 2000, but there was no option for including macros. How can I get this feature installed before I upgrade word. Thanks in advance. Hi Abradaxis, Office 2000 supports macros (vba) by default, so there's nothing you need to install to enable that capability. ...

Can excel add-ins be added without installation CD?
A friend with XP-Pro on a laptop, with Office 2003 installed, needs to run the Solver tool. Solver isn't currently installed. They say their installation CDs were stolen. (I believe this is true, if it matters.) I tried to do the add-in on their PC using my Office XP CD, but it wanted the "original installation CD" (IIRC). Is there a way around this? Thanks, George George: I think this is as simple as copying the *.XLA files from your PC to theirs... I could be wrong. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "George" <gbeccles@verizon.net> wrote i...

Linking data from cells into word doc in 2003
When I open a word document, that has links to the excel app I am opening it from, it prompts me with a question if I wish to update links. I have the option already check marked in Word so that it will update links automatically upon opening, and I did the same thing in excel, but it still prompts for an answer. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what do you do to fix it. This is destroying our automation at work where the hyperlink is triggered to open the word doc, the word doc updates, prints, saves and closes before going on to the next hyperlink. ...

Multiple To addresses in Exchange Server 2003
We have AD Accounts which have multiple SMTP addresses, however when these accounts receive an eMail it does not show the actual email address that was used just the top level account name. Basically we want to be able to have a Department AD Account and then see the actual eMail address that was sent to. Ie. was the eMail sent to Design@company.com OR Development@company.com NB. This worked how we wanted it in ExchangeServer2000, however this has been lost since upgrading to ExchangeServer2003. Make sure your Exchange 2003 server is not configured to resolve anonymous mail. https:...

Why is the sort command in excel 2003 shaded out?
suddenly Excel stopped letting me sort rows. No matter what I try, I cannot get the sort command and icon to be usable. Is the worksheet protected? "jico" <jico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50391B74-4CC0-4410-9693-7DC3ED145C6A@microsoft.com... > suddenly Excel stopped letting me sort rows. No matter what I try, I cannot > get the sort command and icon to be usable. I don't know about "protecting" a worksheet. I did notice that "[Group]" appeared after the filename at the top of the window. I've been using the Micr...

Outlook 2003 Exchange 2003 Sent Items Retention
Hello, I have an issue that has just surfaced. When setting up my mailbox account on new clients, Outlook only shows that past few months of Sent Items. Until recently, it would show items back to 2002 (when the server was first set up) I have no Archiving enabled, and my mailbox size is well below the limits I have set on the Exchange Server. And, the Sent Items Properties shows that no retention polocies have ever been set. What is causing this? Did an update to Exchange trigger some new default setting? In any case, there are older Sent Items that I need to have! Running Excha...

Formatting lost on refresh
Hi All, How can I prevent my pivot table rtain its formating and colouring on refresh. It seems that everytime I refresh with NeW DATA I loose the formating. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards Sadik You cannot. Although some formatting is possible, it is generally waste of time trying to format pivot tables. I have found the bes method is to link the pivot table to another formatted sheet, perhap using =VLOOKUP(). I hope later versions of Excel do not enable this, at the moment the work extremely fast. Added features slow things down tremendously -- Message posted from http://...

MS "Malicious Software Removal Tool"
Hi, My wife's computer got infected with the "Virus Protecter" virus. I removed it with MalwareBytes. Now we get a screen claiming to be MS's Malicious Software Removal Tool telling us there is an infection. Having been burned once how do we tell if it is legitimate or another part of the scam? Thanks, Gary AFAIK this program does not start on its own. You must initialize it. Therefore what you see is a scam. The removal tool is KB890830 version is 3.7. "Gary Brown" <garyjbrown@charter.net> wrote in message news:eZx%238%231%23KHA....

How do I stop outlook 2003 from addng SPAM to every message in my
I imported all my messages from Express to Outlook. I am trying to use outlook instead. It adds the word SPAM to the beginning of all my messages when I open them and then keeps this at the beginning of the subject name when I go to forward or attach the email to another one. I have turned off the SPAM filter and it still does this. It even adds SPAM to messages I am sending. It is a serious problem Marleneburton <Marleneburton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I imported all my messages from Express to Outlook. Always best to export from OE to Outlook, btw. Importing in Ou...

money 2003 #45
payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits I have Money 2004 and have the same problem of no payees in pull down. In tools settings I do have it checked to display drop downs. They should show the most common used in last 12 months but do not. They do bring up one if you start to type it in. Wonder if new year of 2008 is not recognized in software but it had up till now? Leap Year? Looks like a common problem that needs an answer. "kahuna" wrote: > payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits "kahuna" wrote: > p...

Since we installed Office 2007, Outlook 2003 no longer runs
Hello, One of our technical people has this problem. On an Xp Sp2 box with Office 2003 he tried to install Office 2007. Since that Outlook 2003 stopped working with this error message : MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. Renaming MAPI32.dll and restarting Outlook does not work. When I go into Contral Panel and Click on Mail, I get the message that I need more memory or system resources. Tried uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall and repair office 2003 without any result. We still get the message MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. What could I try now? Regards, ...

cannot recieve email with outlook 2003
I have not recieved any email from my exchange server for the last two days. I can recieve email from the other user accounts I log with and use outlook 2003 but not one particular account. check antivirus files and everything is uptodate and clear. Where do I go next. Please help. Any suggestions. do I need to do something on my exchange server?? Please help. thank you. It sounds like you might have a problem with your mailbox on the Exchange server. There are a few tests to try to narrow down the problem. 1. Try creating a new profile in Outlook and setting up your Exchange account...

The ability to customize this view has been limited....HELP
I added a column to a lead form on CRM 3.0 as an administrator and now can't seem to remove it. I wanted to add phone to the public lead form , but choose the wrong field. I can't seem to remove the wrong filed and add the corect one. Any suggestions ? ...

Exchange 2003 Migration Wizard after SP1 #2
Hi... I have been progressively migrating multiple domains from an old failing server to a new 2003 server. This has been working fine. The method I was using was to locate all the users in a domain and use the wizard to export to file. Then from the new 2003 server I would import from the files, and activate the accounts and a few settings, and all went well. Now after SP1. This process fails. The new accounts created on the new server come in with no account name information. When I place the account name, reset the password I still cannot access the account. When I try to access the acc...

Toolbars in messages, Outlook 2003
It can best be explained with this screenshot: http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7817/untitled0yz.jpg I want the "desired" layout in the picture. I've tried the following that I found from an old usenet post: "try renaming your outcmd.dat file to outcmd.old while Outlook is closed. Outlook will rebuild the default toolbars the next time you open it. If your changes to the toolbars "stick" after doing this, then you know it was the outcmd.dat file causing the problem. Make sure to make a backup of the new outcmd.dat file so you can restore it if you ever run i...

Customize reports 07-22-04
Hi, I need to customize a report or create a new report. I try to install Crystal Report Enhanced version on the CRM Server computer but I get an error message. With Crystal Report Enhanced I can to development new reports? Thanks in advance Carlos no, thats just a module so that when you use Crystal Reports it can properly connect to CRM -Gary "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255501c47022$6ed9c120$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > I need to customize a report or create a new report. > > I try to install Crystal Rep...

I want Combo box to be populated depending on customer category
When a customer number is entered on my form, the data populates the form, including the text box for the customer category. I want a combo box on that form to display only choices for that category. How do I modify the query that runs the row source for the combo box? Thanks, Sue On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:47:01 -0800, Sue R <SueR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The RowSource should be something like: select * from Choices where Category = Forms!myForm!myCategoryTextbox -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When a customer number is entered on my form, the data po...

How do i add a Month Abreviation in an access 2003 report?
How do i add a Month Abreviation in an access 2003 report? You can simply add a text box with a control source like ="Jan" or a label with a caption of Jan If you want the month abbreviation tied to the current date or a field in your report's record source, you could set the format property to mmm -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "JWalk" wrote: > How do i add a Month Abreviation in an access 2003 report? thanks for the info i used =now and format mmm "Duane Hookom" wrote: > You can simply add a text box with a control source lik...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Outlook 2003 downloading emails
My Outlook 2003 will only download one email at a time. If there is more than one email on the server, it times out. I have to go to Verizon Webmail and move all but one email to another and download them one at a time. I have two Yahoo Plus mail accounts and their emails come through fine. Can anyone help? Do you have any integrated Anti Virus? Tried starting Outlook using the safe switch? Start>Run>Outlook.exe /safe (Note space between, exe /) "nanageek" <nanageek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4201651A-FC09-4FEE-9701-6982C8E354B6...

Exchange 2000 Post Sp3 Rollup install anomally?
Situation: Windows 2000 Server w/ SP4, Exchange 2000 Server w/ SP3 My partner installed patch at KB824282 -and- Security Patch at KB829436. Problem: The Exchange System Manager (Server Properties) shows only Exchange SP3 installed (Build 6249.4). Add Remove Programs however shows that Patches KB824282 and KB829436 are installed. How can this be? What do we do now? We want to insure all patches have been applied properly because we are troubleshooting: A problem we are currently experiencing is that the Information Store unloads unexpectedly with Application EventID 7011 (MSExchangeIS) ...

HTML Problem with certain clients w/ Exchange 2003
I am having a very strange problem: HTML email that comes in is being somewhat garbled and not displayed properly on clients such as Outlook Express and Mac Clients (for example). Outlook (full) seems to be fine. Anyone know what's wrong? Is it the encoding? I have Windows 2003 EE w/ SP1 and Exchange 2003 with the latest SP. Mike, I was wondering if you ever got this resolved. I am experiencing the same issue "MikeZ" wrote: > I am having a very strange problem: HTML email that comes in is being > somewhat garbled and not displayed properly on clients such as Outlo...

Problem with installing Microsoft CRM integration for Great plains software
Hello Every body, During the installation of Microsoft CRM integration for Great plains software,on a particular screen "Specify Security account and servers",we need to mention a domain Username which has access to CRM with administrative previliges.I have created a IntegrationUser (With administrator role)in CRM as mentioned in the installation guide.I have been making vain efforts,to associate this UserID and password in the above mentioned screen.Every time i give the user id and password and click next,it gives me a error saying that "Either the CRM ...

lost emails
i lost most of my in coming emails i probely perment delited them is there amy way i can get them back Gladys Gladys, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this question on a newsgroup that deals with your specific email application. Or try a Google on "restore deleted emails" -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life....