OL 2003 junk email filter not applied

i have previously been able to filter junk email using
the  parameters in filters.txt, located in C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033.  I have
tools|organize|junk e-mail enabled for junk and adult
content.

After installing mcafee virusscan this feature seemed to
be disabled and emails are no longer filtered according
to the parameters in the filters.txt file.  The filter
file seems to be intact.

mcafee is clueless and directs me to microsoft.

any suggestions?

0
karem (1)

Excel 2003 Macro shortcut keys
Hello, I have had several excel macros working just fine until last week and all of a sudden the shortcut keys stopped working. I did have a new PC profile created because Word kept crashing. It is fine now. For instance, I have a simple macro that shifts data from one column to another (Ctrl + Shift + S) and another that uses (Ctrl + Shift + L). The macros will run if I do them manually, but now the shortcut keys just give me the default Excel behavior, such as font size or column width. If I change the shortcut letter, the macro works again with key strokes, but I use so...

email always received as att000##.txt
A friend of mine is using outlook (so am I) Any time he replies to a message, instead of the message coming in as an email, it comes back to me as the original email I sent him with an attachment containing the text of his reply. the attachment file name always looks like this: att000021.txt or some other number, but alway of that format. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? can't find in the knowledgebase thanks Dave info@monshaw.com ...

CRM 1.2 Email Not Receiving
CRM 1.2 Email Not Receiving I am able to send email but I don't receive any emails...I sent one to my outside email...when I replied it went my exchange but not in CRM... any thought??? thanks. ...

Personal Folders/MAPI in email account list!
My Outlook 2002 email has been running fine until today. I installed an update to another piece of software and it seems to have mucked with my outlook email accounts. It added "Personal Folders" as the default email account and placed it as a MAPI format. I can not delete it or change my normal email account back to the default. When I try to send/receive it immediately indicates completion. There are NO accounts listed on the New Email box and no "Send" button! I have uninstalled both the updates to the Earthlink Total Access package and Outlook with no luck. H...

Old MSN email
I recently (last June) ended my MSN account and subsequently the email address associated with it. However, I left the identity in my Outlook Express 6.0. Though I can not directly "Send and Receive" from my old .msn account, it is still receiving emails. I can copy the emails to my stored folders if need be. I've tried a million ways to get-on/access this old account. If I'm going to still get email delivered to it, some from known senders, I should still be able to access it and have it forward email to my new email account. Any ideas? Yo, Microsoft...how about letti...

Outlook Junk Filter is filtering good emails sometime
I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to never filter emails from his address. Using outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 Frank. Can you add them to the Safe Senders list? "WizardOnTheRun" <frank.perryman@dadeservice.com> wrote in message news:1186663659.958194.221190@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I have a co worker that sends me emails all the time, some time the > junk email filters it, and sometimes it does not. I would like it to > never filter emails from his addre...

"This message has not been sent" message when sending email in Out
In Outlook 2007, when sending an email, i get the message "This message has not been sent". But there is no message in the Outbox, and the recipient says they received the email. What gives? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ...

Snapshot Viewer Reports
Periodically we email an Access 2000 report using snapshot viewer. The report is based upon user input varible date data which control the underlying query and two text boxes that display the "from" and "to" period. When the report is previewed or printed, at the sending location, the dates are displayed on the report however, when the report is emailed, the dates are missing from the recipient's file? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -- J. Monroe SofTrain It sounds as through the text boxes are on a form or something other than the query. You...

IMF not filtering
Hi All, I saw some earlier treads about this, but no full answers. SBS2003 w/ Exchange sp1 & IMF installed. No install issues. The IMF tab shows up under Message delivery. SCL settings: Archive 7, Junk folder 6. IMF is checked and bound to the SMTP service. An event is logged when the SCL rating changes, so it appears everything is set OK. Performance monitor shows no activity for 'Total messages scaned for UCE' and nothing is filtered. In one thread Evan mentioned something about the length of the server name? My server is wright-server-1.jeanwright.local inside & mail.jea...

Forward email #2
Hello, I have a server, (say server a) which is running freeBSD with SMTP server. I have pointed the SMTP server so it directs all mail to my exchange server. Mail that comes from server a comes as name@a.domain.local. I want to redirect all mail from this server (server a) to a specific mailbox (pop or other) or newsgroup so that people can go and look at it as server a is a test/development server. I don't want any email that comes from server a to be routed to the internet. How can I do this? I am running Exchange 2000 on a Win2K3 Server. Thanks Dave Dear Dave, i have one ...

Linking data from cells into word doc in 2003
When I open a word document, that has links to the excel app I am opening it from, it prompts me with a question if I wish to update links. I have the option already check marked in Word so that it will update links automatically upon opening, and I did the same thing in excel, but it still prompts for an answer. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what do you do to fix it. This is destroying our automation at work where the hyperlink is triggered to open the word doc, the word doc updates, prints, saves and closes before going on to the next hyperlink. ...

Multiple To addresses in Exchange Server 2003
We have AD Accounts which have multiple SMTP addresses, however when these accounts receive an eMail it does not show the actual email address that was used just the top level account name. Basically we want to be able to have a Department AD Account and then see the actual eMail address that was sent to. Ie. was the eMail sent to Design@company.com OR Development@company.com NB. This worked how we wanted it in ExchangeServer2000, however this has been lost since upgrading to ExchangeServer2003. Make sure your Exchange 2003 server is not configured to resolve anonymous mail. https:...

Why is the sort command in excel 2003 shaded out?
suddenly Excel stopped letting me sort rows. No matter what I try, I cannot get the sort command and icon to be usable. Is the worksheet protected? "jico" <jico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50391B74-4CC0-4410-9693-7DC3ED145C6A@microsoft.com... > suddenly Excel stopped letting me sort rows. No matter what I try, I cannot > get the sort command and icon to be usable. I don't know about "protecting" a worksheet. I did notice that "[Group]" appeared after the filename at the top of the window. I've been using the Micr...

Outlook 2003 Exchange 2003 Sent Items Retention
Hello, I have an issue that has just surfaced. When setting up my mailbox account on new clients, Outlook only shows that past few months of Sent Items. Until recently, it would show items back to 2002 (when the server was first set up) I have no Archiving enabled, and my mailbox size is well below the limits I have set on the Exchange Server. And, the Sent Items Properties shows that no retention polocies have ever been set. What is causing this? Did an update to Exchange trigger some new default setting? In any case, there are older Sent Items that I need to have! Running Excha...

Rule to forward email after user SENDS email
One of my users wants to forward all emails sent by her to another address. Rule wizard doesn't seem to have a situation that applies. The option to add a "CC" to the email isn't workable, as the receiver sees that address in the "CC" box. Forward (or BCC should work) is what I need...suggestions???? Thanks! Bob You can use a third party tool for this; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Always-BCC.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office rela...

Certified Email
Hello I just wonder if there is away to setup within Exchange Server 2003, so that when the receiver and the other end either received or opened the mail, automatically there is a reply to the sender to let us know mail has been received and opened? thanks very much for the help everyone, or just point me to the right direction,as there might be some third party out there can do teh same task TT Use read receipts when sending email. They can be turned on by default in Outlook or on a per message basis under tools options. Glen "TT" <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

send as any email from internet ?
How to set Exchange to let single user send emails as any email address? I know what are the risk, but sometimes I need to send email from my private account, or just want to show that im not in that domain where exchange is. I found some anonymous mail program over internet, but i belive that exchange can do the same. Piotrek Create a Mail Enable Contact object for the email address you want to send as and grant send as right to your user account. However, many email systems now will check the PTR of your sending SMTP or check the SPF record of the sender's email domain. They will ...

Moving outlook 97 Emails to Outlook XP
I upgraded to XP Home and XP Outlook on a new harddrive. Now I can't get access to all the emails I had in Outlook '97 with Win98SE. I have the .pst file but none of the emails. All I want to do is move all the emails I had in Outlook '97 to Outlook XP, but I can no longer open Outlook 97. How do I move all the Outlook '97 emails into Outlook XP without accessing to Outlook '97? Have you tried simply opening your old .PST file in Outlook 2002? use File | Open | Outlook Data File, browse to the file and click Open. It will open in your Folder List (View | Folder Lis...

Email templates #2
Hello, I have 11 generic email templates that I use, how do I have it in the program so that when I select new email I have the option of what template I can use? becuase now I have 11 different text files and have to copy and paste each time I want to use that email template. eudora does this perfectly but cant see this feature in outlook, any ideas??? You could create the items and save them as templates (*.oft) to the file system. From there just make standard desktop shortcuts to each. If you are the type of person that not only creates new items from templates, but also end up ...

How do I stop outlook 2003 from addng SPAM to every message in my
I imported all my messages from Express to Outlook. I am trying to use outlook instead. It adds the word SPAM to the beginning of all my messages when I open them and then keeps this at the beginning of the subject name when I go to forward or attach the email to another one. I have turned off the SPAM filter and it still does this. It even adds SPAM to messages I am sending. It is a serious problem Marleneburton <Marleneburton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I imported all my messages from Express to Outlook. Always best to export from OE to Outlook, btw. Importing in Ou...

money 2003 #45
payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits I have Money 2004 and have the same problem of no payees in pull down. In tools settings I do have it checked to display drop downs. They should show the most common used in last 12 months but do not. They do bring up one if you start to type it in. Wonder if new year of 2008 is not recognized in software but it had up till now? Leap Year? Looks like a common problem that needs an answer. "kahuna" wrote: > payees have disappeared in the pay to line for checks & depits "kahuna" wrote: > p...

cannot recieve email with outlook 2003
I have not recieved any email from my exchange server for the last two days. I can recieve email from the other user accounts I log with and use outlook 2003 but not one particular account. check antivirus files and everything is uptodate and clear. Where do I go next. Please help. Any suggestions. do I need to do something on my exchange server?? Please help. thank you. It sounds like you might have a problem with your mailbox on the Exchange server. There are a few tests to try to narrow down the problem. 1. Try creating a new profile in Outlook and setting up your Exchange account...

Since we installed Office 2007, Outlook 2003 no longer runs
Hello, One of our technical people has this problem. On an Xp Sp2 box with Office 2003 he tried to install Office 2007. Since that Outlook 2003 stopped working with this error message : MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. Renaming MAPI32.dll and restarting Outlook does not work. When I go into Contral Panel and Click on Mail, I get the message that I need more memory or system resources. Tried uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall and repair office 2003 without any result. We still get the message MAPI32.dll is corrupt or incompatible version. What could I try now? Regards, ...

How can I delete over 8,000 emails all at once?
In Lotus Notes, I could drag my cursor down the left side to check everything I want deleted, hit 'delete' and they all deleted at once. I tried that with Outlook, but it doesn't work that way. Is there some easy way of doing it other than having to go one by one to delete? ShortnSassy wrote: > In Lotus Notes, I could drag my cursor down the left side to check > everything I want deleted, hit 'delete' and they all deleted at once. > I tried that with Outlook, but it doesn't work that way. Is there > some easy way of doing it other than having to go on...

Exchange 2003 Migration Wizard after SP1 #2
Hi... I have been progressively migrating multiple domains from an old failing server to a new 2003 server. This has been working fine. The method I was using was to locate all the users in a domain and use the wizard to export to file. Then from the new 2003 server I would import from the files, and activate the accounts and a few settings, and all went well. Now after SP1. This process fails. The new accounts created on the new server come in with no account name information. When I place the account name, reset the password I still cannot access the account. When I try to access the acc...