OL 2002 Error Message

Please help. Using Outlook 2002, Win XP Pro, Norton System Works, have 2
problems, and don't know if they are related to one another, and dont' know
how to fix.

I continually get the following Error Message. I have one e-mail account,
and made the  the recommended changes in the following article hoping it
would resolve.  BEFORE the changes I received up to 30 duplicates of EACH
e-mail. The changes have not corrected my Error Message or Duplicate mail.
The mail stays on the server even tho my settings are to NOT leave on
server?

Error Message: (0x800CCC90) Your Incoming (POP3) E-Mail Server Has Reported
an Internal Error

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820669#appliesto

Thank you

Roberta Hordyk

"Roberta" <roberta@lpmasonry.com> wrote in message news:<u4nH8gSkEHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Please help. Using Outlook 2002, Win XP Pro, Norton System Works, have 2
> problems, and don't know if they are related to one another, and dont' know
> how to fix.
>
> I continually get the following Error Message. I have one e-mail account,
> and made the  the recommended changes in the following article hoping it
> would resolve.  BEFORE the changes I received up to 30 duplicates of EACH
> e-mail. The changes have not corrected my Error Message or Duplicate mail.
> The mail stays on the server even tho my settings are to NOT leave on
> server?
>
> Error Message: (0x800CCC90) Your Incoming (POP3) E-Mail Server Has Reported
> an Internal Error
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820669#appliesto
>

> Thank you
>
> Roberta Hordyk

Roberta,
 I had this error and traced it down to McAfee's Parental Control
product.  It has a privacy protection feature and when checked
"Parental Control considers the information sent in the e-mail as
protected information and thus stops it from being send". It is okay
to uncheck the option.

Your Norton Suite may have a similar privacy protection feature.  Try
turning it off and/or removing your name and e-mail account from the
list of protected assets.

Hope this helped,
Mike
0
n00spam (3)

Time server error
Hi, I get this error when I do dcdiag. Everything else is fine and the server is able to synchronize the time correctly (and the workstations are able to sync with the local pdc server). What could be wrong? Starting test: FsmoCheck Warning: DcGetDcName(TIME_SERVER) call failed, error 1355 A Time Server could not be located. The server holding the PDC role is down. Warning: DcGetDcName(GOOD_TIME_SERVER_PREFERRED) call failed, error 1355 A Good Time Server could not be located. ......................... MyOrganization.lo...

Outlook 2002 network version
How can I tell if I have a network version of Outlook 2002 installed? I have people that want to share a centralized calendar which apparently needs a network version installed. There is no network version. You need to know if the users access an Exchange Server. To do that go to Tools, Email Accounts, View or Change Existing Email Accounts. The type of account will be listed there. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNo...

Error Loading Outlook CRM Client (Tried other solutions)
Ok maybe someone can point me to the right place to look for an answer. I have a client PC that gets the following everytime he opens Outlook. "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." He is using a Desktop that the previous user was able to use just fine with CRM and Outlook and in fact the rest of my office has no problem with this add-in just this one user. We removed other Logins (there wern't any) We changed the RCOffline to "1" We changed his trusted sit...

Check Links Error Message
It seems that whenever I run Check Links on the Inventory Series, I get a series of error messages for the file Item master saying, for example "The default price level STANDARD is not included in the price list for item 427- 00001, and has been cleared." Last night I got 13 pages of this error message. STANDARD is the only price level that we have. 427-00001 is a typical item number. This number changes with every error message as obviously it is deleting the price level for these items. However, I have numerous other items that have the price level where the price level is...

Unable to access Outlook 2002 Out of Office Assistant
Not on toolbar and unable to locate way to resolve through tech support. Any suggestions? Do you have access to Exchange SErver? If not, you won't have this feature. You'll have to use the Rules Wizard. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Stuart" <stuartr@studiocommunications.net> wrote in message news:040e01c34fe1$a053d3b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Not on toolbar and unable to locate way to resolve > through tech support. Any suggestions? Do you connect to a Microsoft Exchange server via the MS Exchange transport?...

Attach OL
I'd like to save certain e-mails I get to a data storage area (example: D:\DataStorageArea) and have the email retrievable to an Access db record. Is there any way I can do this so that the link to the email will open up lets say Word (which is my e-mail editor)? Thanks Phil ...

Reading plain text mails in Outlook 2002 with MS Word
In Outlook 2000, by using MS Word as the mail editor option, if i double-click on a message which is in Plain Text format, Word opens it and nicely formats the message so that in long messages with multiple conversations, each message in the long conversation is nicely separated and formatted which makes it very readable. However, in Outlook XP and above, MS Word is being used only to open messages in Rich Text format and Outlook's default editor is used to open Plain Text mails, which is devoid of any formatting and makes long mails with multiple conversations pretty unreadable. Is there ...

Minimize Outlook (2002) to the system tray
I found this goodie that minimizes Outlook to the system tray. (I think it was a registry entry.) Unfortunately, that icon needs to display the Outlook's system menu. If you need to shutdown (Windows or Outlook), you must open the program up and then shut it down. ---------- Will Pittenger E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger@verizon.net All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com) ...

2003 compat with 2002
I use Money 2003 for my home finances. My workgroup at the office uses Money 2002 for tracking our office finances. How can I open my office files at home without upgrading them and making them useless to the rest of my workgroup at the office? By running multiple versions. "Domenick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c0a501c46851$918070d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money 2003 for my home finances. My workgroup at the > office uses Money 2002 for tracking our office finances. > How can I open my office files at home without upgrading &...

Converting 2002 data to later version
Have tried to upgrade with no luck, tried 2003 and the 2004 demo, they say incompatable version to my 2002 data file? Anyone? Regard, Dingo In microsoft.public.money, Dingo wrote: >Have tried to upgrade with no luck, tried 2003 and the 2004 demo, they say >incompatable version to my 2002 data file? Money cannot open a version localized for another country. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Dingo" <rodeb69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:L9Qkc.7404$TT.2351@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Have tried to upgrade with no luck, tried 2003 and the 2004...

How to be notified when messages are delivered or read

OL 2002 applying rules inconsistently
Hi Does ANYONE have the fix for this: OL 2002/XP pro/POP3 mail A SIMPLE rule gets applied only sometimes automatically, always works manually: "THRU <specified account>:MOVE TO <specified folder>" There are no other rules. Thanks, Ali ...

Problem converting Money 2002 files to Money 2008
I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read. (Changing to Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money). Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and eventually crashes the program. The window says "Converting file..." with a progress bar that never even begins to fill. If it helps, here are the "Problem Details" after the program crashes: Problem details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: MSMoney.EXE Appl...

Cannot sign in window live messenger ver14.. error code 8000ffff
i installed the windows live latest version but could not sign in windows live messenger. the error code is 8000ffff Help!! sk;1250172 Wrote: > i installed the windows live latest version but > could not sign in windows live messenger. the error code is 8000ffff > > Help!! Hello, Uninstall Windows Live completely from the Computer it best to use REVO uninstaller (Free edition) and run CCleaner then download a fresh copy and intsall it see whether that fixes your problem Hope this helps !! -- Capt.Jack Sparrow -if you appreciate my help, please c...

Money 2002
Problem with sum of i.e. debits or credits, just show as ######, instead of real figures. An Envelope sign next to cheque number under NUM colum What would this mean? Thanks you all. ...

error with SMTP and POP3
hi. mail server exchange 2003 enterprise, windows server 2003 enterprise. i see the error in pop3 and smtp when sending mail from cmd. in cmd i type 10.0.0.3 25 and enter the there. SMTP error says: 500 5.3.3 Unrecognized command i try to access SMTP locally, in my network. and the same arror prosses with POP3. It says: -ERR Protocol error i have no firewall. i use exchange in local network. to access SMTP locally, you use the telnet command, then type in the SMTP commands telnet 10.0.0.3 25 HELO localhost MAIL FROM:<test@test.com> RCPT TO:<test@test.com> DATA Su...

Delivered messages location changed
I have a user who is recieving this error message whe he opens outlook. The location messages are delivered to has changed for this user profile. To complete this operation you may need to copy the contents of the old outlook folder. For information about how to complete the changes of your mail delivery location, see microsoft outlook help. Some of the shortcuts on the outlook bar may no longer work. Do you want to recreate your shortcuts? all shortcuts you have created will be removed. Then you can choose either Yes or No. I told yhe user to select no for now until I can fiqure thi...

Outlook 2002 Crashes on Startup
It used to work fine, but know upon startup it crashes with the following details Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.4510.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.1106, fault address 0x00033e08. Any ideas? Have you installed all the service packs for Outlook 2002? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2b8f01c39534$872a4c00$7d02280a@phx.gbl, DZS wrote: > It used to work fine, but know upon startup it crashes > wit...

Creating business forms from scratch
Hey all, I want to set up my own forms using Publisher 2002/2003. I do not want to use the templates provided. Are there any resources on the Internet for this kind of thing - creating business forms from scratch. Many thanks Sketchy :-) Look through the templates on the Microsoft site, they will give you an idea how forms are setup. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=forms%2Bpublisher -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sketcher" <sketcher@eircom.net> wrote in messag...

Emailing Statement error
Bonjour! we have GP 10 running on a terminal server with 4 gigs of memory. I'm trying to send our Statement (one customer) by email and when I print them I receive an Insufficient Memory Error message. "Could not e-mail Status Report to Sender, Insufficient Memory" Event if I'm alone on the server it does that. Regards, Joel :) Is this server also running SQL Server? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Joel" wr...

money 2002 to 2007
Love 2002, have the new , never opened 2007 boxed program. Should I upgrade? Any bad experiences? I basically use to track bills, use the bill pay calander and, at tax time, a few reports. I can't lose any files here. ANY DETAILED help with backups before I do this, have CD writer and second hard drive, floppy drive, would be so helpful. Hate to just let the new program sit and gather dust. Also, plan to get a new computer, XP or Vista..still on yhe fence about that. Will I be able to install 2007 on my second machine? Thanks in advance for any help. I suggest that you make several b...

starting OL 2000 with the /prefetch:1 command line switch
I have just become aware of the: /prefetch:1 command line switch to make applications start faster. For some reason, it works on my OE 6 program (and many others I have installed on my Pentium IV PC running XP Home SP2) but not on my OL 2000 program. When I start OL2000 with the following command line: "E:\Microsoft Office\Outlook2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /prefetch:1 I get an error message that says: the command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any ideas? Jay J <sonrisa322@comcast.net> wrote: > When I start OL2000 with the follo...

How do I make OL synchronize w/ current email provider?
I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this correct? And if so, how can I make that happen? In news:62F20161-05A4-464B-8E84-D5DFE6C06AAB@microsoft.com, Karen <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become > familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I > thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this > correct? ...

HQ Client Sync Error on 250/260 Sheet
We are creating a rather large worksheet 250/260(> 33,000 items). It works fine on one of our stores (running SQL 2000 SP4 same location as HQ) without any issues. When we run the worksheets for the other store (SQL 2005 Express), it runs for an indetminiate time (about an hour) and fails. The worksheets run if we break the number down to less than 5000 items. We adjusted the time on the HQ Client in the registry as recommended. We are now recieving a new error message related to this syncronization. Here's the error message in the HQ Client Log: Download Items-Stag 4/20/200...

Sales Transactions Entry Error
Hi, When logon to Great Plains, click on Transactions, click on Sales, click on Sales Transactions Entry, click on Lookup next to Document No, double click on one of the Sales Document Numbers. We got an error beow. Unhandled script exception: Value of range. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_SELECTED We are using GP 9.0 with SP1 and Nolan 9.00.3e. Thanks. Gary ...