OL 2002 applying rules inconsistently

Hi

Does ANYONE have the fix for this:
OL 2002/XP pro/POP3 mail

A SIMPLE rule gets applied only sometimes automatically,
always works manually:
"THRU <specified account>:MOVE TO <specified folder>"
There are no other rules.

Thanks, Ali
0
anonymous (74718)

Unable to access Outlook 2002 Out of Office Assistant
Not on toolbar and unable to locate way to resolve through tech support. Any suggestions? Do you have access to Exchange SErver? If not, you won't have this feature. You'll have to use the Rules Wizard. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Stuart" <stuartr@studiocommunications.net> wrote in message news:040e01c34fe1$a053d3b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Not on toolbar and unable to locate way to resolve > through tech support. Any suggestions? Do you connect to a Microsoft Exchange server via the MS Exchange transport?...

Outlook 2002 network version
How can I tell if I have a network version of Outlook 2002 installed? I have people that want to share a centralized calendar which apparently needs a network version installed. There is no network version. You need to know if the users access an Exchange Server. To do that go to Tools, Email Accounts, View or Change Existing Email Accounts. The type of account will be listed there. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNo...

Attach OL
I'd like to save certain e-mails I get to a data storage area (example: D:\DataStorageArea) and have the email retrievable to an Access db record. Is there any way I can do this so that the link to the email will open up lets say Word (which is my e-mail editor)? Thanks Phil ...

Reading plain text mails in Outlook 2002 with MS Word
In Outlook 2000, by using MS Word as the mail editor option, if i double-click on a message which is in Plain Text format, Word opens it and nicely formats the message so that in long messages with multiple conversations, each message in the long conversation is nicely separated and formatted which makes it very readable. However, in Outlook XP and above, MS Word is being used only to open messages in Rich Text format and Outlook's default editor is used to open Plain Text mails, which is devoid of any formatting and makes long mails with multiple conversations pretty unreadable. Is there ...

Minimize Outlook (2002) to the system tray
I found this goodie that minimizes Outlook to the system tray. (I think it was a registry entry.) Unfortunately, that icon needs to display the Outlook's system menu. If you need to shutdown (Windows or Outlook), you must open the program up and then shut it down. ---------- Will Pittenger E-Mail: mailto:will.pittenger@verizon.net All mail filtered by Qurb (www.qurb.com) ...

2003 compat with 2002
I use Money 2003 for my home finances. My workgroup at the office uses Money 2002 for tracking our office finances. How can I open my office files at home without upgrading them and making them useless to the rest of my workgroup at the office? By running multiple versions. "Domenick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c0a501c46851$918070d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money 2003 for my home finances. My workgroup at the > office uses Money 2002 for tracking our office finances. > How can I open my office files at home without upgrading &...

Converting 2002 data to later version
Have tried to upgrade with no luck, tried 2003 and the 2004 demo, they say incompatable version to my 2002 data file? Anyone? Regard, Dingo In microsoft.public.money, Dingo wrote: >Have tried to upgrade with no luck, tried 2003 and the 2004 demo, they say >incompatable version to my 2002 data file? Money cannot open a version localized for another country. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Dingo" <rodeb69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:L9Qkc.7404$TT.2351@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Have tried to upgrade with no luck, tried 2003 and the 2004...

OL 2002 applying rules inconsistently
Hi Does ANYONE have the fix for this: OL 2002/XP pro/POP3 mail A SIMPLE rule gets applied only sometimes automatically, always works manually: "THRU <specified account>:MOVE TO <specified folder>" There are no other rules. Thanks, Ali ...

Problem converting Money 2002 files to Money 2008
I've downloaded free trial version of Money 2008 for the purpose of converting my Money 2002 files to something Quicken can read. (Changing to Quicken because Microsoft is ending support for Money). Every time I tried to sign into Money 2008, I get a window that hangs up and eventually crashes the program. The window says "Converting file..." with a progress bar that never even begins to fill. If it helps, here are the "Problem Details" after the program crashes: Problem details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: MSMoney.EXE Appl...

Money 2002
Problem with sum of i.e. debits or credits, just show as ######, instead of real figures. An Envelope sign next to cheque number under NUM colum What would this mean? Thanks you all. ...

Outlook 2002 Crashes on Startup
It used to work fine, but know upon startup it crashes with the following details Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.4510.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.1106, fault address 0x00033e08. Any ideas? Have you installed all the service packs for Outlook 2002? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2b8f01c39534$872a4c00$7d02280a@phx.gbl, DZS wrote: > It used to work fine, but know upon startup it crashes > wit...

Creating business forms from scratch
Hey all, I want to set up my own forms using Publisher 2002/2003. I do not want to use the templates provided. Are there any resources on the Internet for this kind of thing - creating business forms from scratch. Many thanks Sketchy :-) Look through the templates on the Microsoft site, they will give you an idea how forms are setup. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=forms%2Bpublisher -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sketcher" <sketcher@eircom.net> wrote in messag...

money 2002 to 2007
Love 2002, have the new , never opened 2007 boxed program. Should I upgrade? Any bad experiences? I basically use to track bills, use the bill pay calander and, at tax time, a few reports. I can't lose any files here. ANY DETAILED help with backups before I do this, have CD writer and second hard drive, floppy drive, would be so helpful. Hate to just let the new program sit and gather dust. Also, plan to get a new computer, XP or Vista..still on yhe fence about that. Will I be able to install 2007 on my second machine? Thanks in advance for any help. I suggest that you make several b...

starting OL 2000 with the /prefetch:1 command line switch
I have just become aware of the: /prefetch:1 command line switch to make applications start faster. For some reason, it works on my OE 6 program (and many others I have installed on my Pentium IV PC running XP Home SP2) but not on my OL 2000 program. When I start OL2000 with the following command line: "E:\Microsoft Office\Outlook2000\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /prefetch:1 I get an error message that says: the command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using. Any ideas? Jay J <sonrisa322@comcast.net> wrote: > When I start OL2000 with the follo...

How do I make OL synchronize w/ current email provider?
I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this correct? And if so, how can I make that happen? In news:62F20161-05A4-464B-8E84-D5DFE6C06AAB@microsoft.com, Karen <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I currently have AOL as my internet provider, and want to become > familiar with Outlook, but did not want it to be my email default, I > thought I could have Outlook synchornize with my AOl email. Is this > correct? ...

Voice mail error in Outlook 2002
We can listen to voicemails in our exchange accounts. I am getting the following error message: Cannot save the attachment. Can't create file: VoiceMessage.wav. Right- click on the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. Does anyone have any ideas how to correct this problem. Thanks ...

Excel 2002 can't locate xlmain8.hlp
Trying to access help for the report manager add-in, the error messsage shown above appears. I've searched through all my office locations as well as the installation cd's and can't find a file with this name. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks. Bob xlmain8.hlp is from Excel 97. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Bob Fitzgerald <bobf@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:Xns941DAC56EE730pel.@207.46.248.16... > Trying to access help for the report manager add-in, the error > messsage shown above appears. I've searched through all my > office locations as well as the install...

Rules processing incorrectly
I have a server-side rule in Outlook 2003 to move messages after they arrive to a specified folder. My junk email settings are on "Low". Both the rule and my junk email filter seem to be working fine. The problem is that it seems that every time I get an email with multiple recipients in the "To" or "cc" fields, the email is sent to the same folder as the one specified in my rule, regardless of whether it has any of the words I've chosed to filter or not. The junk email filter still sends emails that are junk to the junk folder. The rule does not have any...

Combo Box Format in Excel 2002
When I insert a Combo Box, then right-click on the cell to get the Format Control dialog box, I find that I have only four tabs to choose from; size, protection, properties and web. There is no tab named Control ( as in the example below). Is there some setting that I must change? Help! Step 3: Format the Combo Box 1.Select the Combo Box; right-click; and from the shortcut menu that appears, select Format Control. Then select the Control tab. Thanks, jayveejay --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Try the combobox from the Forms toolbar. It's not clear what you wan...

Outlook 2002 + IE7
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C710EF.D5647FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does OL2002 work with IE7? ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C710EF.D5647FF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.0...

OL 2003
win Xp-Office 2003-OL2003. Its been a disaster...the worst ever product I bought. THe OL hangs (not responding). tried to follow all solutions-changed profile, options-other-name corrected, installed- reinstalled, nothing helps. the OL jsut stops responding after opening and the needs to be shut down (with the icon in the tray showing the message of ol server....which O don't use). Any help will be appreciated. Have you also tried this one: You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlo...

Rules Wizard will not save
The rules wizard will not save. (outlook 2000 on XP machine) Have imported my .rwz file from old machine and it appears properly and works, I exit and come back and it is gone! I try to manually enter a rule, and it will work for the current session and then dissapear when I reopen Outlook Help!!! ...

publisher 2002 how do I get it to work with vista ?
Hi i have bought a new comp with Vista windows but my Publisher is XP and wont work I cannot afford to replace that also but use it all the time as my hobby is cardmaking ,is there a patch I can download ? Right-click the Publisher icon, Properties, Compatibility tab, use Windows XP (service pack 2). This works for me. Are you getting an error when you try to open Publisher? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Meeeee" <Meeeee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C68CF33-7D4C-45A7-8FEE-D57DC7EB0154@microsoft.com... > Hi i have bought a...

Apply Paycheck to next month's budget
Hello all, I'm wondering if there is a way to apply income to the following month's budget instead of the month it's received in. For example, I get paid on the 15th and the last day of every month. For reporting sake, I'd like the paycheck received on the last day of the month to be considered income for the next month's budget instead of the current month. In other words, the paycheck received on December 31st should be income for January, not December. I could just change the date on the deposit but in some cases that will result in a negative balance in the transacti...

Outlook 2002 #46
The "cc" line and the "subject" line have disappeared when I create an new message. All I have is the "to" line. Don't know how it got this way but would like to get it back to normal. Click the dropdown menu for Options in an open new email message and you should be able to display those. ----- Ron wrote: ----- The "cc" line and the "subject" line have disappeared when I create an new message. All I have is the "to" line. Don't know how it got this way but would like to get ...