OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

I'm afraid I'll have to delete my Deleted Items folder in Outlook 2000.
When I try to empty the folder I get a "The messaging interfce has returned
an unknown error. If the problem persists Restart Outlook" message.  Is it
possible to delete the entire folder and replace it with an empty new one?
Will it create any problems?

TIA

Henrik

0
askforit (15)

Not possible. Run scanpst.exe against your pst-file to scan it for errors
first.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Vike" <askforit@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm afraid I'll have to delete my Deleted Items folder in Outlook 2000.
> When I try to empty the folder I get a "The messaging interfce has
> returned
> an unknown error. If the problem persists Restart Outlook" message.  Is it
> possible to delete the entire folder and replace it with an empty new one?
> Will it create any problems?
>
> TIA
>
> Henrik

0
Roady
12/20/2004 10:27:55 PM
Thanks for helping  :).  Done that but it doesn't help .. after I have run
scanpst.exe I am still asked to run the Inbox Repair Tool whenever I try to
delete things.  Is it possible to delete my Outlook 2000, reinstall and then
from backup copy my previous inbox, sent items, etc folder by folder into
the fresh outlook.pst?  Losing the Deleted Items folder this way wouldn't be
a worry to me.

Henrik

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> skrev i
en meddelelse news:ukfblNu5EHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Not possible. Run scanpst.exe against your pst-file to scan it for errors
> first.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "Vike" <askforit@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > I'm afraid I'll have to delete my Deleted Items folder in Outlook 2000.
> > When I try to empty the folder I get a "The messaging interfce has
> > returned
> > an unknown error. If the problem persists Restart Outlook" message.  Is
it
> > possible to delete the entire folder and replace it with an empty new
one?
> > Will it create any problems?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Henrik

0
askforit (15)
12/21/2004 10:19:27 AM
Vike <askforit@nospam.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to delete my Outlook
> 2000, reinstall and then from backup copy my previous inbox, sent
> items, etc folder by folder into the fresh outlook.pst?  Losing the
> Deleted Items folder this way wouldn't be a worry to me.

You probably don't have to reinstall  anything.  In what mode are you using
OL 2000?  IMO or C/W?  Help>About will tell you.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/21/2004 2:28:50 PM
"Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.4527)
Internet Mail Only - Security Update"

Hope this answers your question.

Henrik

"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Vike <askforit@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to delete my Outlook
> > 2000, reinstall and then from backup copy my previous inbox, sent
> > items, etc folder by folder into the fresh outlook.pst?  Losing the
> > Deleted Items folder this way wouldn't be a worry to me.
>
> You probably don't have to reinstall  anything.  In what mode are you
using
> OL 2000?  IMO or C/W?  Help>About will tell you.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
askforit (15)
12/21/2004 4:06:02 PM
Vike <askforit@nospam.com> wrote:

> "Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.4527)
> Internet Mail Only - Security Update"

Well, Outlook 2000 IMO doesn't have profiles the way OL 2000 C/W and later
versions of Outlook have.  To create a new "profile" in Outlook 2000, quit
Outlook and delete the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings.  You'll have to
redefine your account settings, I suspect.  Before restarting Outlook, you
may want to save a copy of your PST, just in case.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

ok
ok! tanks!! -- tanks you obrigada e aguardo Critsina Cristina Vieira <CristinaVieira@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > ok! tanks!! Yo welcub. (I hab a bid of a code too) -- Ed Beddedd - MBP Microsoft Bublisher man you must have one heck of a toad up ur node...MBP ? ! I lub et. ...

Extender to add a Revision Code to the item (serial number)
I would like to try and use extender to add a revision code, to the item AND serial number at the time of a MO receipt. Can anyone give me an idea on how to get started with this? The window, I need to attach extender to? I think the problem is that the serial numbers are in a scrolling window that I have not been able to locate... Thanks! -- Doug Use Form "Purchasing Serial Number Entry" and Window "Selected_Scroll". The other option is Form "Serial Number Enquiry" and Window "IV_Serial_Number_Inquiry_Scroll" -- Mick "Doug" wrote...

Recovering Deleted Messages in Outlook Express
Is it possible to recover messages that have been deleted from the deleted mail folder in outlook express? If so, how? Thanks, Bill No, sorry, not unless you made a backup of your mail store folder(s) first. Also note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlooke...

Can you delete unread messages after a certain time period?
Hello, We are have implement 400 email boxes and I fear that most of them will rarely get checked. Is there a way to delete unread messages for all mailboxes after a certain time period? Thanks in advance. Don Yes, there is a tool at the Exchange 2003 System Manager. You should go to Recipients/ Recipient Policies and you will create a new Mailbox Managment Settings Policy. You will give a name to this policy and at the Tab Mailbox Managment Settings (Policy) you should select Delete Immediately and leave checked Inbox and All other Mail Folders. Then you have to Edit both objects clearing...

Deleting Purchase Orders
Looking for way to delete some old purchase orders from 2.0 store ops. database after they are closed or partially received. I found article 869863 for how to delete ALL purchase orders, but I only want to delet PO's prior to Jan 1, 2007. ...

Outlook2000 unable to view/create items in Journal
I'm having problems creating/viewing items in the Journal (Outlook 2000) I will appreciate your help. Thanks Is your outlook client connected to an exchange mail box or just a stand alone install and a PST file? What happens when you try to create an item? Do you get any errors pop up or in the event logs? (check the sever event logs too) >-----Original Message----- >I'm having problems creating/viewing items in the Journal (Outlook >2000) I will appreciate your help. Thanks >. > ...

Why does my delete routine cause 2 rows to be removed from my DataGridView?
All, My code (below) causes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView when I expect it to delete 1. I'm going around circles...can someone please steer me in the right direction? Thanks, In the following code, > clicking the Yes button makes 2 rows disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) but only 1 delete from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the No button makes 1 row disappear from the DataGridView, (which I don't want) with none deleting from the underlying db (as desired). > clicking the Cancel button has the same effect as clicking...

can't delete messages in OL2000
Beginning today I can't delete any messages in OL2000. I get the message "The messaging interdace has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Restarting OL had no effect. Neither did rebooting the system (WinXP Home, latest updates to XP and Office), doing a System Restore to before yesterday's MS auto update, disabling Norton Internet Security 2005. Any ideas? I'd rather not go through the hassle of uninstall/reinstall Office 2000 if possible -szt Are you using a PST? What size is it? -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked,...

cannot delete Protected Storage System Provider subkey (Error)
Trying to reset my password and login details but I cannot delete the subkey under protected storage system provider can anyone help? ...

recover an email folder
I accidentally deleted an email folder from my hotmail account when in Windows Live Mail! Is there anyway to recover the folder/emails? Thanks Andy Look in the Deleted Items folder. If not found there, your only option would be to use a 3rd party Undelete utility looking for *.EML files. The longer you wait and the more you use the PC the less likely you'll recover much. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211CCF97-B7ED-41D3-812E-2E35B6EE01D3@microsoft.com... > I accidental...

Number OK in multiplication, NOT in Sum ?
My A/c s/w exports data to Excel in Indian Number formats with lacs comma at 5th place. I have to remove (with Find - Replace command) this comma in order for excel to make it amenable for processing. Strangely, after removing the comma, I I can do valid multiplications on the numeric data. However, when I try to do the Sum of the data range, it gives 'Zero' result ! When I do the further refinement of the numbers by 'Value ( )' function, the data gives correct result with 'Sum ( )' function. I discovered this after sweating it out for a long time. -- Shrikant ...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

Problem with Outlook automatically deleting messages
After reading received messages in Outlook, Outlook deletes the message upon closure of the message. The message just disappears. Doesn't go to the deleted folder, just disappears. Any help on figuring out the problem, and how to correct it?? Thanks for your help with this bizarre problem. Not bizarre at all. You have set a filter on your Inbox view, such as "Unread messages" or "Sort by icon." Remove it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lois M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e30701c46c74$85150550$a601280a@phx...

Can't set cell.formula in Excel XP but Excel 2000 is OK
Hi! I have created a VB 6.0 app that read/writes to Excel Templates via OLE using late binding. The main problem is that it seems impossible to write a formula to a cell in sheet in Excel XP, but it works OK for one formula (or reference) in Excel 2000. The VB code looks like below, '--- xlWB.Sheets("Report").Activate xlWB.Sheets("Report").Range("B5").Select xlWB.Sheets("Report").Range("B5").Formula = _ IIf(Left$(sFormula, 1) = "=", sFormula, "=" & sFormula) '--- The formula in the example is like, sFormula ...

deleting email without opening
When I receive email from an unknown origin I delete it without opening it. However, when I look in the deleted items folder these items are open. Where do I go and how do I change this so that they do not open when I delete them? "Garry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cbf001c3ef4b$f0456050$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I receive email from an unknown origin I delete it > without opening it. However, when I look in the deleted > items folder these items are open. Where do I go and how > do I change this so that they do not open whe...

category lists in public folders
Does anyone have a way of easily duplicating category lists in public folders to all users of the folder. jay ...

OK

Public folder administration issue(s)
I just started working in an environment which has the following issue(s). The overall problem is that I can't administer permissions on Public Folders in a Exchange 2000 environment. The public folders are accessible for viewing and adding items, et Characteristics are as follows From Outlook clients, no permissions tab is available when right-clicking on a public folder and selecting properties In ESM when in the Folders container under the Administrative Group I try to expand the Public Folders folder and receive the following error "The connection was refused. Ensure that your HT...

Sure delete
I'm using this good utility to definitely erase the free space of my HD. Now I'd like to ask 2 questions: 1) I'm sure the free space of my HD is unrecoverable, but do existing files keep any track of the former data recorded in their physical sectors? Namely, before I ran Sure Delete the free sectors were currently re-used to record new or modified files, so perhaps they have been recorded only 1,2 or 3 times and so some highlevel recovery utility would be able to recover their previous content. I guess there would need an utility "normalising" the voltage ...

Data Form Deletions
Annoying for years, but perhaps the is an alternative I haven't discovered; When finding records using the Data Form based on Criteria, the recordset is restricted to only those which match the Criteria. However, if you delete those found records one at a time (using the Form's delete button), once you delete the last _matching_ record the next records in the list appear in the form -- even though they _do not_ match the criteria. I realize it is a matter of user recognition to notice that, but I can't begin to quantify the number of users who have gon on to delete those add...

how to delete a list
Once I've created alist, how do I get out of it? You used Data|List|Create list??? Then you can select a cell in that list and: data|List|convert to range Tinis wrote: > > Once I've created alist, how do I get out of it? -- Dave Peterson ...

Problem recovering deleted public folder
One of our administrators started cleaning out stale public folders from our Exchange 2003 server. It's the only Exchange server on the network. It turns out one of the folders was still being used. The deleted folder shows up in the "recover deleted items" dialog box in Outlook 2003, and also shows up in the same view from OWA. However, when we try to recover the folder we get errors. The retention time is a week, and a week from deletion will be this Thursday 8/11/05. The error from Outlook 2003: Outlook was unable to recover some or all of the items in this folder. Make...

Scatter plot - macro OK
If I have 2 rows of data, say, A1 to C1 and A2 to C2 and record a macro :- Charts Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatter ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source := Sheets ( " Sheet1 " ).Range ( " A1 : C2 " ), plotby := xlrows This works - I get 3 pairs of co-ordinates in a graph. When I use the equivalent code in a VB6 program :- Set ch = wbook1.Charts.Add With ch ..ChartType = xlXYScatter ..ChartWizard Source := wsheet1.Range ( " A1 : C2 " ) , plotby := xlRows End With I get SIX separate points , 2 at x axis co-ordinate 1 , 2 more at x=2 etc. I hav...

Emails suddently in Deleted Items
Hello to all. I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I cant find the answer anywhere on the internet. The person who have this problem is very organised. His email are in multiple folders and subfolders. One day, suddenly, a bunch of his email are in the Deleted Item. I cant see a link between them. And the email comes from many folder and not just one. The mailbox is 700 Mo and 650 Mo suddenly have been transfert to Deleted Item mysteriously. Does someone have an idea why this happen?? There's no rule or automatic archive in his account. Edit/Delete Message If this person...

Unidentified Start-up list items
I find items whose identity is not clear. Such as: ALCMTR RTHDCPL RECGUARD dumprep 0-k How can I identify these, to see whether I want them active or not? And how can I permanently remove items I don't need or want? William B. Lurie wrote: > dumprep 0-k I use http://www.ask.com/ as my search engine: ALCMTR http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/alcmtr/ RTHDCPL http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/rthdcpl/ RECGUARD http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/recguard/ dumprep 0-k http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/dumprep.exe...