offline files

My laptop is set up to connect with the company lan at
work. When I take the laptop home, some of my email files
are available and some are not. This is aggravating when
I'm at a meeting and expect to find the email with the
previous minutes, but can't.

What can I do?
0
Steve

Check your sync settings while online, and make sure it's set to sync *all*
the folders you want - and to do so automatically while online every X
minutes, and automatically when you close Outlook. Note - non-default
folders will need to be setup for offline use manually, and new subfolders
will not inherit those settings.

Steve wrote:
> My laptop is set up to connect with the company lan at
> work. When I take the laptop home, some of my email files
> are available and some are not. This is aggravating when
> I'm at a meeting and expect to find the email with the
> previous minutes, but can't.
>
> What can I do?

0
lanwench (7567)

How do I convert Autocad drawings to editable Visio files?
I'm a longtime Visio Technical 5.0 user. One of the features of 5.0 we use every day is the Autocad drawing conversion. When importing, you can either import each layer into a "Displayed Layer" or a "Editable Layer." We import into an Editable Layer on most occasions. I downloaded the Visio 2003 trial, and attempted to import an Autocad drawing, and the entire thing was imported as a picture, rather than individual pieces. I was interested in upgrading to the newest version of Visio, but need this ability. Is there any way to do this, or any plans to add thi...

error message: Word is blocked from opening files of this type
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm getting the above error message when I attempt to open files created using Word 2003 or Microsoft Works (file save as Word document). These files opened fine in Word 2004: Mac and still open fine in Pages '09. One Microsoft Word 2008:Mac fails to open the document it can no longer be opened by any other program, either. But if I open it originally in the other apps it's totally fine. <br> Why would Word block itself from open another Word format? This recent upgrade is feeling like a d...

Earn $200 daily with offline data entry job
Earn $200 daily with offline data entry job register now to start earning at http://moourl.com/fc7vo http://moourl.com/fc7vo http://moourl.com/fc7vo http://moourl.com/fc7vo ...

servername.log file too big
Hi, Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003 Server. 50 Users. My "servername".log file in the exchsrvr folder is 20GB. today's file is 15Gb and yesterdays is 5Gb. I had a virus issue thats now resolved but I need that 20 Gb of space. Is it okay to delete the contents in that folder, at least the past 2 days? Please advise. Thanks Gavin: Exactly which folder is these files located in? If it is in the \Program Files\Exchsrvr\SERVERNAME.LOG folder, then yes, you can delete these. These files are message tracking log files. I don't think I have eve...

Opening another Access Database file with VBA
I am in one of my Access database files, and wish to use a command button to open another database file. How is this done? On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 21:00:01 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There are several ways. Perhaps the simplest is using the Shell function. Check the help file. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I am in one of my Access database files, and wish to use a command button to >open another database file. How is this done? On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 21:00:01 -0800, VWP1 wrote: > I am in one of my Access database files, and wish to use ...

stm file size is problem..
I have a problem with priv1.stm file's size. It grows continuesly, and exchange server disk space 11 GB. priv1.stm's size is 9.6 GB. How can i reduce this file size ? Please, help me. Hi Jan, "jan" <jan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96EBE861-3FFC-46EA-AD26-2D23A5542441@microsoft.com... >I have a problem with priv1.stm file's size. It grows continuesly, and > exchange server disk space 11 GB. priv1.stm's size is 9.6 GB. How can i > reduce this file size ? Please, help me. You can use eseutil to make an offline defrag. Howev...

mail merge to individual document (file)
Hi, is it possible to get Publisher to merge to individual files? I want to EVENTUALLY do the following; Create a Newsletter (using Publisher) Merge it with my client list (to individual files) Create individual PDF files from merge files. Email each customised Newsletter (now as a PDF) to my client base. I know this seems long winded, but I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks in advance Bails <andrewgbaillie@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hi, is it possible to get Publisher to merge to individual files? > > Create individual PDF f...

0x80070005 "do not have permissions" in offline mode
I switched a user called Richard over to a new server all was ok. But, he is using a dial-up VPN. He also uses offline mode and he has cached mode selected. After the migration when he was on the new server he was getting the error number. 0x80070005 "do not have permissions" when he hit send and receive. But when he changed Outlook to Online all was ok. He wasn't getting that error when he hit send and receive. Does anyone know what would cause this? All research I have done says that it is an access issue, or a service pack, windows update issue. I don't think...

Strange Attachment Issues with Exchange 2k and Offline Folders
I'm hoping someone can help me with this somewhat random problem. I have users in a remote building connecting to my Exchange 2K server (running on Win2k server) over a frac T-1. To help with performance issues, I've set them all up to use offline folders. The problem I'm having is that when an attachment is sent to several of these users from external accounts and one of my users is listed in the "To:" field, while others are in the "CC:" field, then the recipient in the "To:" field will not receive the attachment. In testing this, if I have the s...

xp home sp2 repair install needs asms file
i have a hp laptop w/xp home sp2. it has a dvd-cd combo drive & woundn't read cd's. talked with an IT guy. he walked me thru some checks. found auto start and disk drive ok. said prob. was in os & needed to do a repair reinstall. inserted original hp's 'operating system cd', restarted machine, error message came up needs 'asms file'. gave 4 chooses of paths to click on to get file but none worked. the pop up wind stayed on & can't continue with repair install. what is prob. & how do i fix it? can i get this file somewhere? thanks ...

Bulk Import Wizard: Source file is corrupt error message
When trying to upload a .CSV file, after selecting the file, choosing Leads, and then click next, it say the Source file is corrupt. I am able to open the file in Excel with no problem. I got this message when I tried to import a file with 5,000 records in it. I found that if I cut it back to 998 records, I got it to work twice. But it has not worked since. Any suggestions would be greated appreciated. Thanks. try opening the csv file in notepad then saving it and also changing the encoding to unicode. Then try to reload into CRM ============================== John O'Don...

text file #4
I have a plain text file with names from students. I would like to add all these names to an existing sheet. But the text file grows everyday so it would be better if these names are added everytime the excel file is opened. Does anyone have the vba code for that? Record a macro when you open the text file. You'll see the data|text to columns wizard to help separate the fields. (keep recording...) Then when you're done importing the data, click on A1 and hit ctrl-* (ctrl-asterisk) to select the current region. Copy that and paste at the bottom of the other worksheet. Close the ...

Importing an EFT file format
Is there a way to create a specific EFT file format and use it for multiple companies? I am not a direct user of MS Dynamics GP, but my clients are. I am a bank cash management consultant. Our current process for creating a properly NACHA formatted file is to provide each client with the bank's ACH upload specifications. For our MS Dynamics GP users, I would like to provide a file that can import our specifications. This would streamline an otherwise tedious process. Thanks Tom, Please let me know if you are interested in custom solution. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com ...

Corrupt Money File #3
Hi, I am using Money OEM version 12. My laptop crashed whilst Money was open. Now Money recognises that the file wasn't closed properly and starts to validate the file when I enter the password - but then it comes back and says that it doesn't recognise the password - bizarre! Any advice on how I get round this please? The password message can mean that you are trying to read a Money file with a version that is earlier than the one that created the file. Have you done any updates to Money v12? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://su...

How to find a string in a binary file?
Hi there! I have a binary file and I want to search for a certain string, for example "READ_FROM_HERE". After finding this I want to read on from this position. Is there a way to find it? thanks in advance ;) Florian Open the file in binary. Read it until you see the string. Remember, however, that if you have buffer boundaries you would have to deal with the situation READ_FRO|M_HERE where | is a buffer boundary. A simpler method is to use a memory-mapped file, and so something like strstr. Either it finds the string or it fails because of a NUL being found, so you advance past t...

Shortcut to select email signature file
This should be a relatively simple problem, but I can't seem to find a solution for it. I have two different email signatures, a business one and a personal one. I would like to have a quick solution, preferably a hotkey, or at least a first level menu item, to select between them. Most of the office applications have a "record macro" capability where you can navigate the menus and other things, and it will create a maco for you. Outlook (at least Outlook 2002/XP) seems to lack that capability, and after studying the VBA outlook object model, I can't seem to figure out wh...

send graph from excel file via email
I don't know how to go about do the above. Hi Judith You can do this if you use Outlook Look at the code examples on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm You can attach every file you want with the Outlook object model -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Judith" <aynwr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:205a501c45929$c966b860$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I don't know how to go about do the above. Hi Judith If it is just o one-off graph that you need to send, select the graph, copy it and then paste it into the message area of your email ...

verify offline address book is downloading
Does anyone know how I can completely test the offline address book downloads? I am ready to shut off an old ex2000 box but I wanted to find out if the offline book is working fine. On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:32:27 -0500, "GreenGoblin" <none@none.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how I can completely test the offline address book >downloads? I am ready to shut off an old ex2000 box but I wanted to find out >if the offline book is working fine. > Simpliest way is to create a new Outlook profile, download it and see if you can access it offline. You could also tu...

File Associations
Is there a way to install office without it changing my file associations? Thanks, Bob No, but you can manually change the file associations back after installing Office. k2nnj wrote: > Is there a way to install office without it changing my file associations? > > Thanks, > Bob Roady also answered you where you multiposted this -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "k2nnj" <k2nnj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eLmFJCCZKHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP...

Huge Files Dont Know Why
Hello, I would appreciate any input on this matter. Not sure if anyone has experienced anything like this before. The file starts out being around 1meg just a few sheets with lots of VBA code, when the macro is done it deletes all the VBA code. There are no formulas, I tried deleting all sheets in the workbook, just leaving one and even deleting all data. Still I get huge file sizes. around 850KB, not sure what is taking up the space. Thank You! One possibility, try Crl-End to see where the last used cell is, it occurred to me that if the whole sheet or a large part of it is non b...

Outlook 2002 shuts down when attaching files
I am running Outlook 2002 (10.4712.4219)SP-2 on Windows XP and when I attach a file to an email and then send it, Outlook just shuts down with no error message. Sometimes it manages to send the email first, but sometimes it shuts down before it can send the entire email. Does anyone know how to fix this? Have you tried running Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ans...

Database files
Im hopeing someone can explain this. We have an exchange 2003 machine acting as the smtp relay machine on the internal network. This machine holds no user mailboxes (or public folders for that matter), and yet the priv.edb file is 6GB in size and growing. The maint reports that there is only a couple of hundered MB free space within the database. SO how has all the space been taken up? I know i could quite simply delete these files after a dismount but i would like to know why the space is being taken up in the first place. Cheers in advance Any other software (like A/V etc) is runni...

A problem reading a file
I'm having a problem reading a file. The file to read has been stored as an XML file. In that file is only 1 and always only 1 record of a table. It was stored in the file this way : '--------------------------------- public StoreTableTrans(strFile, strTableCmd, as String) Dim cnn1 As ADODB.Connection Set cnn1 = CurrentProject.Connection Dim myRecordSet As New ADODB.Recordset Set myRecordSet.ActiveConnection = cnn1 Dim mySQL As String ' Transfert la table dans un fichier mySQL = "SELECT * FROM [" & strTa...

open a pdf file in excel
Is it possible to open or convert a pdf file into Excel? Hi dsa Look on this page from David McRitchie http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pdf.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "dsa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4F34E43-7ECC-4C9B-856C-DD631DE875EC@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to open or convert a pdf file into Excel? ...

GPO complains on gpt.ini file
Hello all, my domain controllers are working perfectly fine despite it complains about gpt.ini file cannot be found. here is the message I get every time. ## Userenv - " Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=procd,DC=com. The file must be present at the location <\\procd.com\sysvol\procd.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>. (Access is denied. ). Group Policy processing aborted. " ## I tried to locate the file gpt.ini in above location and there is file called called gpt...