Office XP transfer of files to new PC

I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I
want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to
the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this?

First, you must reinstall Office.
Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file)
you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you
installed Outlook:
- Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add...
- Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the
Options dialog
- Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts
- Select the PST you just added in the "Deliver New e-mail to the following
location" dropdown (it will most likely appear just below the current
default Personal Folders file) > Finish
- Exit and Restart Outlook
- You can now close the previous default PST (R-click on that pst folder
while in Folder View and select "Close <foldername> Folders"). If you have
any information in your former PST that you'd like to transfer to your new
default PST, you can drag and drop from one to the other before you close
the old one.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Jason" <jason.volkoff@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I
> want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to
> the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this?

0
russval (3097)

Link to text file in code
I'm relinking a set of tables to Access 2000. Most of the links are other databse tables & excel workbooks which all work fine. My problem is with a fixed field length text file. The code below runs without errors and shows the linked text file in the tables list however it does not function correctly. I'm wondering what the DNS=MyTextFile Link Specification2 refers to? There is no such DSN in my registry. I just copied the code from another example and the MSysObjects connect field after manually creating the link. The Database portion of strConn is the path to the text fil...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Storing files in folders
Hi, I have Outlook 2002. How do I store all files in a folder to a CD-Rom disk. I have tons of video clips jokes that people send me. Thanks in advance. David David <dy168@cox.net> wrote: > I have Outlook 2002. How do I store all files in a folder to a > CD-Rom disk. I have tons of video clips jokes that people send me. The simplest say is to close Outlook and copy your PST to a CD. To be more selective, create a new PST and move the folder you wish to preserve to that PST. Close Outlook and copy that PST to the CD. -- Brian Tillman ...

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

HUGE Publisher file
A client of mine is working on a 302MB Publisher Pro 2003 file (it's a 5-year-old Precision 340), and her PC keeps locking up on her while working with it. She's got drive space limitations (1GB left of 20), but gets the same lockup issues with other computers in her office. I have an appt. with her today at 2PM, and will try to open it on a more robust machine in the office... Has anyone else made such a large Publisher file successfully? If so, how, and what are your hardware specs? I'm wondering if Publisher is the Thanks, Paul Lots of Pictures? Turn off detailed ...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Sharing Folders (net folders) in Outlook 2002/XP
I'm trying to share a contacts & calendar folders from a laptop (running Windows 2000 Pro & Outlook 2000) to a desktop (running Windows XP Pro & Outlook 2002). Problem is when I receive the "new subscription to contacts/calendar" email the "ACCEPT" button doesn't show. I have already tested it successfully on another Windows 2000/Outlook 2000 machine, but can't get it to work in XP/Outlook 2002. Please advise. Thanks! ...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Transfer / combining Excel data
I have a data worksheet created in excel with a column containing 5 digit serial numbers, up to 300 diferent serial numbers (in individual rows). I have the data sorted in assending order based on serial number column. Serial numbers are random and not consecutive (ie. 05943, 05944, 05945, 05968, 05988 etc..) 1) I need to be able to select all the serials and transfer them to another worksheet in excel, placing them in one cell, table, or ? - for purpose of issuing a certification to our customer listing all the serial shipped- is this possible? 2) If they can be in be transfered, i...

Not able to empty All Mail file
The file imap.gmail.com/gmail/All Mail continues to get larger and larger and I can't seem to delete anything from it. If I highlight an item, press Delete or press the X (delete) button on the header, a line gets drawn thru the file name and the header button X goes dim. But, when I return to the file, the item is still there. I need to clean out the last two years of records from All Mail and I need instructions on how to do it. Thanks in advance -- DickDV "DickDV" <DickDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D86DAF5-CB03-417F-9...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

Dialog sized incorrectly on Windows XP Japanese?
I have a dialog with an embedded property sheet and it looks fine on the english version of Windows XP, but when running on Windows XP Japanese, my property sheet seems to be resized wider than normal, but the enclosing dialog is not resized equivalently so the right edge of the property sheet is cut off. This only seems to occur in dialogs where I've embedded a property sheet. Is there something I need to do when embedding a property sheet (or elsewhere) so it works correctly on non-english systems? If I am not mistaken, in Japan they read things right to left, unlike in North Am...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

transfers #2
can any one help i need a report at store level for all transfers out by supplier just a list with supplier- date-po/trans number (with drill down ) thanks ...

XL2007: File/Application Close behavior
So, for 25 years or whatever, if you clicked on the red "X" in the upper right corner of the window of any Microsoft application, it would close all open files and then close the application itself. And if you wanted to close just the immediate document, you clicked on the "X" at the top of the document's window, not the application's window. On my system (XP) though, XL2007 appears to behave differently. The application window "X" performs the same function as the document window "X" - it just closes the immediate document window. Is there s...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

import file so that it is a actual csv file, no excel cell version
How can I import a spreadsheet file from finance.yahoo.com for the history prices of a stock and import it into my charting software. My charting software reads ASCII "DOHLCV" or D,O,H,L,C,V or "Date", "O", "H", "L", "C", "V" . I have tried for a week trying to manipulate the data to be read by my charting software but it will not take it. When downloading data it automatically opens excel 97 spreadsheet and inserts the data. I save it as a CSV file but my charting program will not read it and when I open the fil...

Transfer Outlook Express file to Outlook
Does anyone know how to transfer my address book from Outlook Express to Outlook? Thanks <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b18f01c3eccc$94a969c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to transfer my address book from > Outlook Express to Outlook? > > Thanks Export as CSV file: import in outlook ...