Office read only in outlook only

I am having a problem with Outlook 2002 and a user
profile. The user loggs into locations and everwhere she
loggs into the Outlook gives her office read only files.
She can send the file and it becomes read only. She can
send to any user possible but the file comes up as normal.
Any user can read the file as normal, but she cannot. she
opens the file seperatley it will read regular, but when
opened through Outlook it is read only.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0
anonymous (74721)

Yahoo emails to Outlook
Hi, does anybody know how to transfer emails from Yahoo to Outlook. and what is POP? Yahoo! mail requires a paid account to download and use through Outlook. Look on their page and query help files there. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Iza asked: | Hi, does anybody know how to transfer emails from Yahoo to Outlook. | and what is POP? Thank you Milly, now what about gmail? Does it also requires paid account? ...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Reading system log files
Does anyone know how to read Windows 7 System log files? I need to extract records from System and Application logs and insert them into a list of other events. The insert part is easy - append then sort by date_time. However, I cannot find anything that gives me any help to read the logs. Perhaps the other limitation would be to extract only records dated between set dates and time. -- Steve Hello: The network team in a corporation that I consult for uses VB Script files (filename.vbs) which run under Windows Scripting Host. I'm sure that if you search for sc...

Remember Password -Outlook 2000
I cannot get Outlook 2000 to "remember password" for my e- mail accounts. I can check the "remember password" box and type in the password...or I can type in the password and check the box. It doesn't matter what order I do it in, my password isn't saved. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks. ...

Message board in Outlook
Is there a way to create a message board with Outlook? ...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

outlook 2003 #358
Hi, I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. How can I do? Thanks Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send Receive and highlight your account and then Edit and look on that page and it will show you there on what to do -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "xxx" <xxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eMzdWYgrJHA.6020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. > > How can I do?...

Lock down Outlook
Hi. Is there any way to lock down the possibilty to use Outlook in any way. Outlook2000 Mariah MN, you wrote on Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:53:25 +0200: > Hi. Is there any way to lock down the possibilty to use Outlook in any way. Remove the Outlook-Icon on your desktop and rename the file "outlook.exe" in Outlook's program folder. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! "MN" <MN@nospam.com> wrote in message news:##ZGssAwFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl > Hi. Is t...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Outlook 2003 Message Field "In Folder"
Hello, I am having a problem (I think) with moving messages in Outlook. I move a message for example from the Inbox into the Drafts folder, and the "in folder" field on the message shows Inbox, instead of Drafts. This only seems to happen when moving messages to the Drafts folder. Is this meant to do this or should the "In Folder" field say Drafts and not the previous folder the message was in? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Appologies the user has informed me that this happens when moving messages to ANY folder, the previuos folder name is dis...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Sharing Folders (net folders) in Outlook 2002/XP
I'm trying to share a contacts & calendar folders from a laptop (running Windows 2000 Pro & Outlook 2000) to a desktop (running Windows XP Pro & Outlook 2002). Problem is when I receive the "new subscription to contacts/calendar" email the "ACCEPT" button doesn't show. I have already tested it successfully on another Windows 2000/Outlook 2000 machine, but can't get it to work in XP/Outlook 2002. Please advise. Thanks! ...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Outlook receives but cannot send
A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 I am on a cable modem, no router and running NAV 2004Pro. This is the 5th program to loose internet access. I have no other firewalls or other programs runinng in background. I have checked for the sasser bs and done a full scan with Norton and McAffe web scan. No infections found. All of this started about 6 weeks ago. Outlook is just the latest to get screwed. Hi Brian, maybe this...

Outlook Journal sync to handheld
Journal is such a versatile and powerful part of Outlook. With so many people using it, wouldn't it be prudent to provide a "sync link" to a Windows Moble Pocket PC? So we don't have to go to a 3rd party vendor that costs extra and complicates the simplicity of the WM platform? ...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

View conversation thread in Outlook?
I am wondering if I can set up my Outlook to give me a feature which is standard with Goldmine email. I realize that GM is a database first and email client 2nd (or later), but I have been able in GM to call up all of an email conversation with a given contact with one or two clicks. Also, with Goldmine the emails are automatically numbered as the replies continue. The numbers, which I'm sure you are all familiar with, are within brackets at the beginning of the subject. This allows the user to keep track of which email came in what order without studying the date and time fields very...

Outlook Express Attachments 09-07-03
Recently I have received e-mails that Outlook Express has removed the attachment from. I am assuming that this is a security measure that will protect me from viruses that might be embedded in the attached file. Is this true and how should I communicate with the senders that should they attach a file in must be in a certain format otherwise the attachment will be removed. Thanks for your help ...