office outlook web access 8.1.375.2

The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields
of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list
of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a
user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so
more characters are displayed?
0
tns1 (1)

> The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields
> of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the
> list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do
> I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this
> truncation so more characters are displayed?

OWA is actually part of Exchange, not Outlook and your question might best
be answered in microsoft.public.exchange.clients.

--
f.h.
Microsoft Outlook MVP

0
f.h.muffman (751)

Date Subtraction #2
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K. I would like to enter a date in a cell (eg Oct-05) and have the preceding 11 cells automatically put the previous months in. Example: In cell A15 = Oct-05 (entered) In cell A14 = Sep-05 (automatically) In cell A13 = Aug-05 (automatically) In cell A12 = Jul-05 (automatically) etc etc etc Is there a formula that can do this? Any help will be much appreciated...thanks ! John On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:34:57 -0800, "John Calder" <JohnCalder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I run Win2K with Excel 2K. > >I would like to ent...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Yahoo emails to Outlook
Hi, does anybody know how to transfer emails from Yahoo to Outlook. and what is POP? Yahoo! mail requires a paid account to download and use through Outlook. Look on their page and query help files there. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Iza asked: | Hi, does anybody know how to transfer emails from Yahoo to Outlook. | and what is POP? Thank you Milly, now what about gmail? Does it also requires paid account? ...

Access 2003: Getting a link or button in results
hello..kind of a tough one.. I need to be able to access a new form for each user in a result set. In order to make it intuitive i am looking to add a button or some hyperlink in the result table to that it will pop up the form when selected. So..if results of query from a table looks like: 1. UserName1 Data1 Data 2 2. UserName2 Data1 Data 2 UserName 1 or UserName2 should be a hyperlink or a button should be put in it's place to go to a new form....Is this even possible... -- Harry On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 ...

Outlook setup #7
I just switched from OE to Outlook for my email. 1) How do I set it to go directly to my Inbox upon opening? 2) Can I set the frequency for checking for new email? Thanks. There are 7 versions of Outlook in current use. We would need to know which you are using. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7931678C-0ECD-4CDA-AD9D-15BD7CDFB50B@microsoft.com... >I just switched from OE to Outlook for my email. 1) How do I set it to go > directly to my Inbox upon opening? 2) Can I set the frequency for > ...

Regarding record is invalid or not currently accessible
When hitting send, this pop up window comes up - "The regarding record is invalid or not currently accessible. Change or remove the regarding record." What is the cause of this? Hi We came across the same message when a user tried to link an email using the regarding field. I believe that this could have occured because the user does not have write permissions on the appropriate record. I am unsure of this though and I am hoping that someone can please confirm what the problem may be? Any Ideas? Thanks "zampodia" wrote: > When hitting send, this pop up windo...

Out-of-office twin replies

Unneeded .txt attachments in Outlook 2002
Recently, for no apparent reason, my e-mails come in as usual, with one exception. They all come with a .txt file as an attachment. When the .txt file is opened, a notepad window opens displaying all the same exact contents as in the body of the e-mail, only in the attachment, everything is plain text. This never happened before and I cannot find any reference to this problem. How can I block these redundant .txt attachments????? Thank you for your knowledge! -Steve Have you restarted Outlook and/or rebooted your machine lately? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to m...

outlook 2003 #358
Hi, I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. How can I do? Thanks Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send Receive and highlight your account and then Edit and look on that page and it will show you there on what to do -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "xxx" <xxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eMzdWYgrJHA.6020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. > > How can I do?...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Lock down Outlook
Hi. Is there any way to lock down the possibilty to use Outlook in any way. Outlook2000 Mariah MN, you wrote on Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:53:25 +0200: > Hi. Is there any way to lock down the possibilty to use Outlook in any way. Remove the Outlook-Icon on your desktop and rename the file "outlook.exe" in Outlook's program folder. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! "MN" <MN@nospam.com> wrote in message news:##ZGssAwFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl > Hi. Is t...

Outlook 2003 Message Field "In Folder"
Hello, I am having a problem (I think) with moving messages in Outlook. I move a message for example from the Inbox into the Drafts folder, and the "in folder" field on the message shows Inbox, instead of Drafts. This only seems to happen when moving messages to the Drafts folder. Is this meant to do this or should the "In Folder" field say Drafts and not the previous folder the message was in? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Appologies the user has informed me that this happens when moving messages to ANY folder, the previuos folder name is dis...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Sharing Folders (net folders) in Outlook 2002/XP
I'm trying to share a contacts & calendar folders from a laptop (running Windows 2000 Pro & Outlook 2000) to a desktop (running Windows XP Pro & Outlook 2002). Problem is when I receive the "new subscription to contacts/calendar" email the "ACCEPT" button doesn't show. I have already tested it successfully on another Windows 2000/Outlook 2000 machine, but can't get it to work in XP/Outlook 2002. Please advise. Thanks! ...

How do I unhide row 1?
I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. Thanx. Select the whole worksheet, Ctrl-A, Format>Row>Unhide. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "DFL" <DFL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3D5EA1-BB13-4735-BE03-0C26A3CDFBAB@microsoft.com... > I have bee delivered a worksheet with Rows 1-9 hidden. How do I unhide these > rows when I cannot select the rows on both side of the hidden area. > > Thanx. ...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

outlook:// link to bring up post items?
I am somewhat familiar with the outlook: protocol style links to interact with the Outlook client. For example, you can probably go into your browser and enter the URL: outlook:Inbox If you have Outlook installed, this will probably bring up your Inbox in the Outlook client. I am familiar with the special way to tell Outlook to link to a specific item -- the tilde (~). For example, if you have a message in your Inbox with the subject "marklar", this link MAY work to bring up that specific message: outlook:Inbox/~marklar I have spent many, many hours researching and reading what...

Popup Alerts when using CRM within Outlook
I realise that a lot of people will be using the Web client, but for those of us that are lucking enough to be able to use the Outlook client it would be nice (almost esential) to have the ability to have popup alerts to remind you of a phone/appointment etc. Does anyone know how this is possible in the current version, or if it is expected in V1.2 later this year. Kindest Regards Chris Outlook already has this. Via tasks or calendar. And this works with CRM too (of course it will need to synch with outlook so outlook can give the pop up). -Gary "Chris Morgan" <chris@datali...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

Outlook receives but cannot send
A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 I am on a cable modem, no router and running NAV 2004Pro. This is the 5th program to loose internet access. I have no other firewalls or other programs runinng in background. I have checked for the sasser bs and done a full scan with Norton and McAffe web scan. No infections found. All of this started about 6 weeks ago. Outlook is just the latest to get screwed. Hi Brian, maybe this...

Outlook Journal sync to handheld
Journal is such a versatile and powerful part of Outlook. With so many people using it, wouldn't it be prudent to provide a "sync link" to a Windows Moble Pocket PC? So we don't have to go to a 3rd party vendor that costs extra and complicates the simplicity of the WM platform? ...