OE removed access to incoming attachments

When I open my friend's e-mail and click to open the
attachment, it says:  "OE removed access to the following
unsafe attachments in your mail."

How do I turn off this feature so that I may access my
friend's attachment?

Thanx very much.
0
anonymous (74724)

Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option; Do not allow...

Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"mercedes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open my friend's e-mail and click to open the
> attachment, it says:  "OE removed access to the following
> unsafe attachments in your mail."
>
> How do I turn off this feature so that I may access my
> friend's attachment?
>
> Thanx very much.

0
Roady

Denying access to a worksheet
Can anyone tell me how I can deny access to a particular worksheet within a workbook. I want it so that when someone clicks on the tab to access a particular worksheet, unless they type in a password, they are denied access. Thanks in advance Mark One way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module (right-click on the workbook's titlebar and choose View Code): Assume that Sheet3 is to be protected, and if the correct password is not entered, then sheet1, cell a1 is to be activated: Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Const csPWORD As String = "d...

quick oe query
hope youre all doing well. had to write a very long letter & had spent over an hour on it, then i hit a button on the keyboard & just like that, it was all gone - not a draft, not sent, not in the out box, just gone - what freaking button am i hitting as this is not the first time! many thanks -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, SuperAntiSpyware, BitDefender & C...

Exporting Date received and Date Sent to Access
How can export both 'date received' and 'date sent' fields to another program such as Access or Excel? However, if you use Access to set up a linked table connected to your = mail folder, you will see the Received date among the available = properties. (I don't remember whether Sent is also shown.) Third-party = export tools are also available; see = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm#tools --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jump...

removing problem emails
How do I remove a problem email from Outlook? The email in question keeps locking up Outlook faster than I can attempt to delete it. Do you have the preview pane on? If so, turn it off before trying to delete the problem message. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "kirky" <kirky@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:06a701c35c90$4baa8be0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I remove a problem email from Outlook? The email > in question keeps locking up Outlook faster than I can > ...

Remove all spaces in Macro
Can I change the code below so that it would auto-remove whenever there are spaces and don't have to run macro everytime? I think can code somthing to the change event of the worksheet, how to modify? Sub RemoveAllSpaces() **Application.ScreenUpdating = False **Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Range("A14:A50").SpecialCells(xlConstants).Replace What:=Chr(32), _ Replacement:="", _ LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=True **Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic **Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub what is the meaning of...

NEWBIE to ACCESS help with forms
Hi, I am looking to have a form, With 1 combo boxes (telephone), and the rest text boxes. I want to be able to select a telephone number and have the other 2 boxes shows the associated firstname and last name so for example.. I have a table with 3 fields telephone first name last name Additionally IF POSSIBLE would want to be able to choose a last name, and it show the telephone and first name associated Access 2003 Thanks in advance When you create a combo box using the wizard, it gives you two options: Save the combo box selection to a field or Look up a record using the combo ...

oe 6.x
hello, what are the file extensions for oe 6.x mail and for the oe 6.x (?windows?) address book? (friend *lost* the above) thanks in advance dbx and wab Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tanya" ...

remove duplicates except blanks
is it possible to have a macro that removes duplicates except blanks in a column? jat It is not a problem, but we need more information. Which column do you want to compare, should both entries be deleted? Regards, Per "jat" <jat@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:D6C4A7E1-B4AE-4FD6-8E44-A6C1FE212595@microsoft.com... > is it possible to have a macro that removes duplicates except blanks in a > column? > > jat > With data in ColA try the below macro which will use ColB as a helper column... Sub Macro1() Columns(1...

removing inactive payroll deduction codes
Hello; If you inactivate a payroll deduction code, can you "remove/hide" it form the lists so that it is not chosen for processing? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Want to remove/disable/re-map shortcut key to the help files
I want to be able to either uninstall or disable the help from opening in Excel as eveytime I press F1 by miss-take the help files open which makes my computer hang for about 5mins while they load. I have looked under Add/Remove programmes and then clicked on the modity section but there isnt any option for removing them. If this cant be done is it possable to remap the shourtcut key to somthing else so that I dont keep hitting it. Im using Office 2000 btw Thanks in advance, Middle --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Maybe you could a line or two to your personal.xls (...

remove to-do list in outlook 2007
Is there a way to remove the to-do list in tasks? everytime i open outlook i have to click on tasks to see my tasks, in 2003 outlook remembers my last selection but not in 2007 No, there isn't an option to do that, but as it happens I've just = written a little VBA code that might help. Do you want to try it out? = See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/vbabasics.htm if you're new to VBA.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Ad...

Corruption of Access File
Hi I think that since my client and myself don't have the same version of Access the file gets corrupted when I get the latest version from my client (they have Access 2000 and I have Access 2003) What can be done? Thank you, Samuel Perform this sequence when you get the updated file: Compact | Decompile | Compact | Compact | Compile To compact: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair To decompile, enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\offic...

Removing visio
Hello: I'm having a problem removing visio from my computer. I uninstalled the software from my computer but still see components that belong to visio under add/remove list; example: "CAD drawing and Display", "Block diagrams help", "Callouts and connectors", etc. These names appear under add/remove list but do not do anything; when I click on any one of them I don't see the usual change/remove button. The only info I see is the frequency of use. I checked the registry to try to remove them manually, but the entry doesn't even appear there. Nothing fr...

Any Way to Run Access Function in Separate Process?
We have a modal dialog in an Access application, that upon confirmation goes out and does about 25 minutes of queries and then puts the result on the clipboard. This long processing period locks the user out from the rest of the application. We want to find a way to have this 25 minutes of data gathering run in the background without blocking the user from interacting with other parts of the application. Is there any way to launch the function that takes so long to run in a separate process space, so that it doesn't lock up the application while it runs? We would obviously n...

how to remove the page break lines in a spread sheet,
Can someone tell me how to change the view bakc to plain spreadsheet without page break lines. I cannot remove the lines with the remove page break because I did not insert page break, but i cannot tell how i got into this view and now i am stuck there. Click on View and then choose Normal. "gypsie g" wrote: > Can someone tell me how to change the view bakc to plain spreadsheet without > page break lines. I cannot remove the lines with the remove page break > because I did not insert page break, but i cannot tell how i got into this > view and no...

Create a report to view percentage of income deposited to a particular account
I have a particular savings account where I deposit 10% of my income. I use this account to make certain payments, and I also borrow from and repay this account from time to time. As a result, I am not sure how to run a report so that I can see wheather or not I have actually deposited 10% of my income. Any help would be great. Thanks. was this confusing? or just that no one has an answer? On Mar 28, 11:43 am, "smokiibear" <smokiib...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a particular savings account where I deposit 10% of my income. > I use this account to make certain paym...

Might be outgrowing Access but daunted by SQL Server
I'm close to completing the consolidation of various small Access databases and a couple of Excel spreadsheets that my little company uses (5 staff) into an all encompasing Access database and I was planning on splitting the database when I was finished to allow simaltaneous use of it by staff on our small office network. However it is becoming more and more obvious to me that I am going to need to give staff access to this new database from remote locations (outside of our office network). Two staff members are regularly overseas, one is mainly on the road with her laptop et...

OL2000 removed from Outbox
One account in my office, when sending email messages that DO NOT get delivered due to a communication problem, recieves a message in the Inbox rather than having the message remain in his Outbox. The failed message is moved to the Sent box, even though it was not delivered. I can't find a setting for how Outlook hadles these. Any suggestions? ...

Can's see any attachments at all, even though they're there
Hi, If I send an MMS from my mobile phone to my email address it should come through with one .TXT and one .JPG attachment, as I have sent this to other users and this is what they receive, which is the normal and correct format. The email I receive though in Outlook (2002 with latest updates and running XP Pro) is a blank email. There is no paper clip showing and no attachments. However what is strange is this . if I click on 'forward', then the two attachments become visible and are able to be opened. I forwarded the email to myself. Again on receipt, the email is blank w...

CRM 1.2 Lead Topic
I've been recently playing with CRM 1.2 on a W2k3 test server to get an insight before implementing it - upon demonstrating it to a few people, when creating a new lead I was asked what the Topic field was, as it was required before closing the form. What exactly is the intended use of the Topic field? I then tried editting the form and removing the property for it to be required - but it hasn't had an effect. I've got the update roll ups on, but at the client machine it was still required to be entered, but when viewing the form again, it is not required - how long/why has...

Folders appear as XML? in Outlook Web Access
Hi, Some of our users have been having trouble accessing their e-mail through OWA (Exchange2000/Windows 2000 server, various browsers). In the Outlook client the folders, subfolders and messages appear normal. When they access their mail using OWA the inbox appears fine but when they select another folder in folder view the message pane displays what appears to be XML code. It makes it impossible to view the subfolders or messages. I have tried the direct URL to the subfolders/messages with the same result; a window full of garbage. If I use Outlook to create new folders and drag the mes...

'save as' Excel attachment
When I try to do a 'save as' an Excel file that I received as attachment, the default save folder is an temporary internet folder. How can I change the default 'save as' folder? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Removing permissions of Deleted objects
I am running Exchange 2003 and am trying to remove some deleted users permissions from the Org level of Exchange in the ESM. When I try to delete the SID's, EMS generates a message saying that the rights are being inherited. Does anyone know where I could find this, seems to me I am at the top level. I have checked delegation and the objects do not show up there. In Security\advanced of the Org object they are listed as being inherited, but I can't find them anywhere else. Any idea's out there? They are just appearing as sid's as they are old user objects that have...

Remove menu from MDI control
I'm using VC++ 6.0 on WinXP. With an MDI control, how do I remove the menu (file, print, help, etc)? I don't want it to show in the application at all. -karen In resource editor, you can remove it from all the menus that have it. For MDI, it will appear in more than one menu. The number depends upon the number of doctemplates in your application. If you want to remove the entire menubar, see the following article in MSDN: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;131368 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "karen" <nothing@nospam.com>...

Email addresses include trailing "(E-mail)"
Hi, We use Microsoft Outlook 2000, and Exchange Server 5.5. When I select email recipients out of contacts, the name always gets suffixed with the text "(E-mail)". For example, if the file as name is "John Doe", then Outlook will always use "John Doe (E-mail)" when I send an email. Is there a way to stop Outlook from appending this extra text? (Note - we use Exchange solely for email, not for faxing etc. So if there is an Exchange setting, that would be fine also.) Thanks, Peter ...