OE question

I wish to disable the feature that automatically blocks my attempts to
listen or view WMV files and or files that need to be "assembled".  Thank
you for your time and help.

supatech (1)

Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of =
them.
Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news =
groups.

You can also find some good Outlook Express information here:

http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/=20

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, supertech asked:

| I wish to disable the feature that automatically blocks my attempts to
| listen or view WMV files and or files that need to be "assembled".=20
| Thank you for your time and help.
|=20
|=20
|=20
MillyS (3228)

question about converting code to ADP
Hi, I am investigating converting my access 2003 MDE to ADP. I have heard that DAO cannot be used with SQL server. In terms of coding, does this mean functions where I pass references from a form (Me) cannot be used (isnt this DAO?) Also can form.recordset.recordsetclone be used? thx, David MDE file? You cannot convert MDE file since the text component of the code has been removed. In fact you can't even modify the design of an MDE file. -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access) "dp" <dp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E352CD0-F0BA-4301-A44E-6C9CB634E...

quick oe query
hope youre all doing well. had to write a very long letter & had spent over an hour on it, then i hit a button on the keyboard & just like that, it was all gone - not a draft, not sent, not in the out box, just gone - what freaking button am i hitting as this is not the first time! many thanks -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP2, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via AT&T. I use these on a regular basis: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, SuperAntiSpyware, BitDefender & C...

Easy Control question..
I have a dialog with some controls... and each control is linked to a member variable, such that i can the control value (eg a CEdit), and the linked member variable will change. How do i do the reverse? That is, at runtime i want to change the control. Say I have a CEdit with a member variable m_CEditVal. If I go m_CEditVal = "sdfsd", the CEdit does not update. How do I do this? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157275706.966396.172990@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... >I have a dialog with some controls... and each control is linked to a...

oe 6.x
hello, what are the file extensions for oe 6.x mail and for the oe 6.x (?windows?) address book? (friend *lost* the above) thanks in advance dbx and wab Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Tanya" ...

OWA Question (Exch 2003)
Exchange 2003. If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a certain persons mailbox (Administrator in our domain has rights to all mailboxes) - can the user tell if their email has been logged into? Can I tell from Event viewer or other means? If you open and read messages, they will be marked as read when they view them in Outlook themselves. What is the overall goal? Maybe there is a better way. William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+, ExchangeMVP Hades wrote: > Exchange 2003. > > If I go to http://owa/exchange/mailbox and login as Administrator to a > ...

Question #13
Seems a simple question, but I do not have a clue. Assume in Cell A1 "= A2". Now I want to reffer the two with a value which is in A3. Which can vary. Something like "=A(A3)" Is that possible? Hi Just, Am Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:43:00 +0200 schrieb Just Merks: > Assume in Cell A1 "= A2". > Now I want to reffer the two with a value which is in A3. Which can vary. > Something like "=A(A3)" try: =INDIRECT("A"&A3) Regards Claus Busch -- Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2 Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2 ...

Not a Vista Question, but...
I have used news forums such as this for years - dating all the way back to Windows 95. I have recently noticed that my favorite Microsoft Word -- and other software specific forums -- are no longer being supported by Microsoft. They contained some brilliant MVP professionals. Has this talent disbanded altogether, or have they re-grouped elsewhere under another banner? Thanks in advance. Gordon Biggar Houston, Texas Microsoft is in the process of killing off its newsgroups. They will = all be killed by October 1 of this year. Its alternative is a web-based = forum ...

Silly question?
Silly question? Just as one can sort a range up or down by this or that column, can one sort a range this way or that way by this or that row? I see no way of doing this but need to sort a schedule in this way as part of a macro. Francis Hookham Hi Francis Yes you can, Data>Sort>Options>Sort Left to Right -- Regards Roger Govier "Francis Hookham" <fh.2.net@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:%236xKctQcHHA.5052@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Silly question? > > > > Just as one can sort a range up or down by this or that column, can > o...

Questions re Activities
Is there a way to add the Date Created column to the Activity display? At present I may have a Case or a Contact with lots of activities but they don't appear in chronological order and I have to open each one up and go to File/Properties menu to find the date - would be much easier to do a sort by date. And..does anyone know what the Activity Category and Sub-Category fields are for? There is nothing in the online help and these fields are not listed via the Advanced Find area and so are not searchable. Thanks in advance. Sue ...

AVERAGE question #2
In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to see the weekly average of those numbers in column D. Thanks in advance, Dave Horne In Column D enter: =AVERAGE(B1:B7) =AVERAGE(B8:B14) =AVERAGE(B15:B21) and continue down as far as you need. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k "Dave Horne" wrote: > In Column B I have numbers entered on a daily basis. I would like to see > the weekly average of those numbers in column D. > > Thanks in advance, Dave Horne > > > Hi Dave, You need to post a lot more information. Is it one num...

Set up new identity in OE, now OE won't run
I set up a new Id in OE, changed to the new id , created an additional folder, moved mail to new folder, switched back to main Id. OE asked if it must be set as default mail prog, & I clicked YES. It took me back to desktop, and now I can't access OE from anywhere!!? Please help? Sorry Jo-Anne, This is an outlook newsgroup. They may sound the same, but they're totally different products. You need to take this to the Outlook Express newsgroup. ....but, if I may offer a hint, you didn't mention changing your identity on the computer. OE may still think you're the ol...

Question on Saving Individual Email Messages to Folder on File Ser
I have a user that has been saving his messages as .msg files into a folder on our server. We use Exchange Standard and are looking at upgrading to Enterprise version because of the db limitation. My question is... what problems would we have by saving messages to a folder on our file server instead of upgrading to the Enterprise version. I am not talking about using ..pst files. The user saves each message that he wants to keep onto the file server. I have not been able to come up with any reason why he cannot do this. On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:49:06 -0700, "Jennifer" &l...

Tech Question
All, I know this is not the right place to ask this question but since I know this place only and I would say feel free here. I have an office laptop HP Compaq 6910p and want to use two additional monitors (both HANNS-G HW191D 19") and need help on what to use to get ti to work. Thank you all in advance. Basically you need a graphics card that can support 3 monitors. I don't know of any (this IS an Excel group) and it might be difficult to get one to fit into a laptop, so perhaps you should do a Google search. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 24, 4:05=A0pm, alish <al...@discussi...

A Question About CEdit! ! ! !
Hello Everyone! Now I want to set default text of an editbox. So i use these sentence: CEdit* cEB=(CEdit*) GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT1); cEB->SetCueBanner(L"This is an edit"); But the compiler tell me that setcuebanner is not a member of cedit. If i replaced cEB->SetCueBanner(L"This is an edit"); by cEB->SetLimitText(10); That's OK! ! ! Application can be run very well. Why?? Thx "xhy_China" <xuhaiyang81@gmail.com&g...

General Setting Question
I think I have modifed setting and I am not sure which one it is. I am running 2007, and I have changed something so that when I click into the formula bar to edit an equation, I can no longer drag the cells to adjust the equation. There used to be bold outlines around the cells involved in the equation, which I could drag. Now there are just unbolded oultines and I cannot select grab cell and drag it to adjust the formula. Any suggestions on what I changed and how to undo it. Click on the Office Button and choose Excel Options. Select the Advanced Tab. Under Editing Options...

Question on how to handle a transaction
I would appreciate your advice on how to handle a particular transaction I have: 1. I have two investment Accounts INVEST1 and INVEST2, and a checking Account CHECK. I closed the two investment accounts, got one check, which I deposited into CHECK. 2. In Money 2006, I manually created two transfer transactions, one from INVEST1 to CHECK, and INVEST2 to CHECK. (Note I do not have online support for INVEST1 or INVEST2). 3. I then closed INVEST1 and INVEST2 accounts. So in my CHECK account, I show two transactions to be reconciled. 4. When I get an online update for CHECK in a day or two, ...

OL2k Calendar Question
Is there a way to delet the default calendar in Outlook 2000? I have a user that whenever he clicks to open his calenadar Outlook freezes up - all necessary patches and fixes that have been found have been installed. I have notived that OL97 had a functionality that opening Outlook 97 using - exchng32 - in the command line you have the abiliyt to delete the defautl folders. Then opening Outllok using - Outlook /resetfolders - in the command line will rebuild the folders. - So I am hoping to be able to do the same for OL2k if it is possible - Thx Exchange or pst-file? That comm...

question about VCpp
Hope I am posting to the right board, If not please don't flame just point me in the right direction. I'm learning VCpp and have some questions the following code works fine but it leaves me wondering about some issues. <snip>------------------------------------------ [class Savings (simple amout*rate ...for next loop in years)] int main(array<System::String ^> ^args) { Savings *ptrSav = new Savings [3]; Savings *start= ptrSav; Savings a=*ptrSav++; Savings b=*ptrSav++; Savings c=*ptrSav; a.setData(10,.075,1000); b.setData(10,.075,2000); c.setData(10,.075,30...

Graph question
I have a macro that graphs data. I need to change in the macro the sheet from which Im graphing every time I graph with the macro. Is there an easier way These are some of the command lines ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet3").Range("D6:G10") ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet3").Range("D6:G10"), PlotBy _ :=xlColumns ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Sheet3" Anywhere you see ActiveChart you can use the chart object Charts(1). Steve. Edwin Merced wrote > I have a macro that ...

LKGC question
I have asked this question before but haven't had any positive results. I just had to use the LKGC and it was like from a year or so ago. I read where the ControlSets have something to do with it. I have 3 of them ControlSet001, ControlSet002 and ControlSet003. Do I have too many? Which one would be the right more recent one? When I use it the way it is now, it makes most of my programs useless and have to reinstall them. Debbie These registry keys are basically the system's hardware profiles. Changes made in Device Manager are stored here, and also chang...

OE
Can't get hyperlinks in e-mail working ...

abcdef filter question
Hello I have a form that I would like to have ABCDEF...... across the top and when I click on the say "D" if filters the information and only displays the individuals with the name D as the first character. Are there any example DB's that I can take a look at? Best Regards Marco www.classactinsurance.com On Oct 31, 5:41 pm, Marco <marcodeju...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello > I have a form that I would like to have ABCDEF...... across the top > and when I click on the say "D" if filters the information and only > displays the individuals with the name D ...

OE 6
I have saved OE6 .dbx folders and .eml extensions to a USB storage device. My question is: How do I open .eml EMAIL, and restore the .dbx folders to view saved messages? On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:46:06 -0700, MR ZAG wrote: > I have saved OE6 .dbx folders and .eml extensions to a USB storage device. My > question is: How do I open .eml EMAIL, and restore the .dbx folders to view > saved messages? Which has what to do with Windows Live Mail? WLM doesn't use .dbx files, and I've left MSOE behind. -- Norman ~Oh Lord, why have you come ~To Konnyu, with the Lion...

CPaintDC Question
I have a dialog based app that I use CPaintDC TabbedTextOut to put up some results. On my monitor and others it looks great but on some monitors the ends of the various text fields get cut off. Even the ends of the text that is spaced by a space character: CPaintDC dc; CString Text; Text.Format("\t\tTextOne TextTwo TextThree"); dc.TabbedTextOut(40,90,Text,0,NULL,0); textone texttw textthr note that the ends of the fields are cut off even though the next field is displayed at the correct position. What am I doing wrong? Ron H. x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100Pr...

sorting question #10
Hello everyone, My data is in the following format, although on a much larger scale: 1 Country Var X Rank 2 USA # 1 3 4 India # 3 5 6 China # 4 7 8 Japan # 2 Basically, each country takes up two rows. However, I want to sort all of the data based on the ranks. How can I do this and maintain each country's two rows? I eventually want to build a macro, but if I just knew how to sort it, I could use macro recorder. Thanks for the help! -- anantathaker ------------------------------------...