OE 6.0 "Unsafe attachments" #2

Recently began receiving msg
"oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in
your mail:  xxx.jpg, yyy,jpg, etc."

What's causing this?  I am comfortable with these
attachments and want to access them.  How do I turn off
this function, and how do I access attachments removed by
this function?

Happening on both Win 98 and XP
0
anonymous (74723)

Here is a link to an article that explains why this is happening and how to
disable this feature in Outlook Express,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;291387.

I hope this information is helpful.

Robert Findlay
Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications

--------------------
>From: "Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: OE 6.0  "Unsafe attachments"
>Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 07:18:32 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>Recently began receiving msg
>"oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in
>your mail:  xxx.jpg, yyy,jpg, etc."
>
>What's causing this?  I am comfortable with these
>attachments and want to access them.  How do I turn off
>this function, and how do I access attachments removed by
>this function?
>
>Happening on both Win 98 and XP

0
RFINDLAY (147)

OE removing "Unsafe attachments" that are safe
Outlook Express is removing what it calls "Unsafe attachments" from e-mails. The attachments come from trusted sources. I am sure they're safe. Not all attachments are blocked. I have examined OE options and help files but can't find anything that applies to this. Can anyone help? Reply to my personal e-mail below appreciated. Peter Parisi pparisi@hunter.cuny.edu Tools | Options | Security... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgro...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments
New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened in other email addresses. Any ideas There is a setting in outlook that tells it to strip attachments. If you uncheck this it will allow attachments and allow you to open the attachments taken out before. >-----Original Message----- >New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be >accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened >in other email addresses. Any ideas >. > tools-options-security-uncheck the do not allow attachments block &qu...

Unsafe attachments #7
I got some emails containing photos of my grandsons graduation but I can't save them as I get a message that says OEremoved access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail (file name) Can someone tell me how I can get access to the pics Thanks Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ca01c4a54f$53e2abe0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I got some emails containing photos of my grandsons > graduation but I can...

Un- "Blocking unsafe attachments"?
I have been sent an exe file but it has been blocked by Outlook as potentially unsafe. How do I turn this feature off? Also tried lowering my security settings below medium, but it would not allow me. Very frustrating- a reflection of the dumming down of society and its inherent, self perpetuating paranoia! See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm If man wasn't out to prove a point by tricking his fellow man, stuff like this wouldn't be necessary. "Ozman" <nospam@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:uzZ8Wgi$FHA.3464@TK2MSF...

removing access to unsafe attachments
Every once in a while I will get the message that "OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" I have not thought much about it until I e-mailed myself some attachments from my home computer which I know does not have a virus and the attachments are not "unsafe" If it automatically removes access to it, can I somehow get access to the attachments I sent. I really need to have them here at work and they are too big to put on a disk and bring with me. Any help? Carol Husted Carol Husted Bashed at the keyboard and said: > Every onc...

Removed unsafe attachments
To make a long story short, I got new computer and tried to email files and got a message that OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements.... Is there a way to receive/get/save these files? Thanks, Debbie Debbie wrote: > To make a long story short, I got new computer and tried > to email files and got a message that OE removed access > to the following unsafe attachements.... Is there a way > to receive/get/save these files? > > Thanks, > Debbie There are a number of possible reasons. Many times is it because the security level is set too high...

removed unsafe attachments message
i want to stop outlook express from removing email attachments. i have a virus scan running that i am confident of and do not wish this interference. how can i disable this feature? Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this...

OE has blocked potentially unsafe attachments
Anyway to change the security settings without editting the registry so that I don't receive the "OE has blocked potentially unsafe attachments" message?? "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101d01c3b43a$6b90cb20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyway to change the security settings without editting > the registry so that I don't receive the "OE has blocked > potentially unsafe attachments" message?? Tools-Options-security. never heard of Google? this question has been asked THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of ...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

OE removes unsafe attachments.
When I move a message to my local folders, Outlook express removes the attachments. They are grey instead of black and I cann't access them. There is also a message that states "OE has removed unsafe attachments". It happens with .PDF files but not .doc. Does any one know how to stop this from occuring. Thanks Heaps Brent Savage. tools | options | security tab | uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments "Brent Savage" <brent_j_savage@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:041b01c36c31$d44bf190$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I move a message to...

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail
Hello, I have a new computer with a new outlook version and I have not had this problem before. Every email with an attachment has the above message on it so that when I open an email, I cannot access the attachment. The way I get around this is forward the message and the attachment is again available for me to click on the about to be forwarded email. Can I turn off this "unsafe" option. How else can I see my attachments when I open up emails? Any ideas? Thanks Try a little research next time before you post - this is probably one of the most often asked questions in...

oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail
Just did a bunch of updating to my windows 98 and now i can't open any attachments. please help hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "...

OE 6.0 "Unsafe attachments" #2
Recently began receiving msg "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxx.jpg, yyy,jpg, etc." What's causing this? I am comfortable with these attachments and want to access them. How do I turn off this function, and how do I access attachments removed by this function? Happening on both Win 98 and XP Here is a link to an article that explains why this is happening and how to disable this feature in Outlook Express, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;291387. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partne...

OE removes access to unsafe attachments
can anyone please help me on how to fix this problem. i am unable to open any attachments thanks ...

web links are unsafe attachments
I have been unable to receive any url's to web sites that others have sent me because Outlook says it is blocking an unsafe attachment. I prefer to make this decision for myself. Is there a way to tell Outlook 2003 to receive these attachments? Thanks, Yes, but better is to have them send to you as textlinks http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Seakayaker" <stevesjunk@sbcglobal.net> wrote i...

OE removes access to unsafe attachments in mail
how do i fix this problem. i am unable to open any emails with attachments. can anyone help on a fix for this? thanks Uncheck the second box from the top after selecting Tools | Options | Security tab in Outlook Express. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "us4857" <us4857@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:036301c3ce66$9d279970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how do i fix this problem. i am unable to open any > emails with attachments. can anyone help on a fix for > this? thanks "...

OE removed access to the folowing unsafe attachments in you email
Oulook express is deniying my access to safe attachemet in my email how do i remove this to open attachement, i get the message below on all my attachment and the attachment is from a reliable source OE removed access to the folowing unsafe attachments in you email Thanking you in advance geo 3. Tools | Options | Security This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wind...

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your email
I cant read most of my emails because I keep getting an error message: OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your email I know that these emails are safe Can anyone help. Pleeeeeze Thanks in advance Open OE and select Tools | Options | Security tab | uncheck second box from top concerning attachments. "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ef3501c43d46$d82c8d60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cant read most of my emails because I keep getting an > error message: > OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in &...

OE 6.0 "Unsafe attachments"
Recently began receiving msg "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxx.jpg, yyy,jpg, etc." What's causing this? I am comfortable with these attachments and want to access them. How do I turn off this function, and how do I access attachments removed by this function? Happening on both Win 98 and XP Here is a link to an article that explains why this is happening and how to disable this feature in Outlook Express, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;291387. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partne...

OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your e-mail
Outlook express has given me the following message with regards to all the messages I have received from a reliable source which has attachments included. Does anyone know how I can open my e-mail attachments? HELP new to Outlook Express. Next time, research using groups.google.com - you will find several tens of thousands of the same answer: Tools->Options->Security tab. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own ne...

"oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments" ?????
apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email attachments. how can i turn this off? In news:045101c36126$7eab8f90$a601280a@phx.gbl, jz13 <jz13@pacbell.net> typed: > apparently outlook express is not allowing me to open > attachments it deems as unsafe. i can't open trusted email > attachments. how can i turn this off? Outlook Express does this by default, for any file type which *can* contain a virus. It's not a virus checker, doesn't actually check the attachments, and this doesn't mean...

unsafe attachments #4
When I tried to send my step daughter an attachment of MSN it said Outlook had blocked the potentially unsafe attachment. How do I set Outlook to allow me to send the files that I want? Can't I somehow set up Outlook to notify me if something might be unsafe, but to let me decide how to handle it? Unblocking it on your computer doesn't unblock it for the recipient. The best thing to do is to send it in a Zip-file. For more info see; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook ...

unsafe attachments in Windows XP-Outlook Express
I previously recvd some emails with attachments I was unable to open, but I had always deleted them rather than processing the update suggested. I could previously open all other attachments, except the few with this error message. About Dec.10 I decided to follow the instructions to download (I'm not sure what), it was going to allow me to open one of these attachments. I did so, and since then have been receiving a message on ALL emails with any attachment of "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: "title of email attachment".eml"...

Unsafe Attachments #6
I'm getting the following message when trying to open an attachment using Outlook Express: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail..." The attachments are OK, an associate is able to open them using identical SW. How do I fix this? Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Janice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29dc801c46519$48aea790$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the following message when trying to open...

REPOST "NEO" Unsafe Attachments/links Edited Registry
I currently have two machines one with XP and office xp 2002, the other win 2000 and office 2000. Ever since updating outlook and office, I can not send links or executables. I have done what this article says ie; editing the registry and adding the extensions like .exe;.com;.aspx;.htm with the level1add and level1remove string value. It is still not working and frustrating as hell. I have not upgraded office to the 2003 version . Do you think that is the problem? Am I doing something wrong? If I recall when I first edited it I could send and executable ( I tried sending ...