OAB error

I have a problem with offline address book.

Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error
(0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not
be found.'

Has anybody encountered this problme.

How can i delete the offline GAL that i download from the
server.Does any one know the name of this file.

please help.

rgds,
ponnappa

OAB and error C1038a21
Windows 2003 SP1 Exchange 2003 SP1 Hi All, We are almost done our Exchange 5.5 migration to Exchange 2003. I just noticed that when we look at system folders, Offline Address Book and try to go into the properties of "/o=Organization name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List/ " we get the following error message... The Mail proxy for this folder can not be found. This may be due to replication delays. The mail enabled pages will not be shown. ID no: C1038a21 Exchange System Manager There are 2 sub folders called OAB version 2 and OAB version 3a. We get th...

Error ODBC
Hi, We have the following issue, when we try to connect to DB on server from NAVISION, we recive the following messange: Error ODBC Error:[MIcrososft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Cannot generate SSPI contex ID. estado: HY000 Any suggestion? Thanks First of all Navision post should not be here, anyhow you are connecting using the defeault credential of windows logon better to use the sql server user id and password. Also make sure that you have selected the mix mode as authentication mode in sql server. "Mauricio Ramirez" wrote: > Hi, > > We have the following is...

overriding error messages
Hello, I need to know how to make my application over-ride the common windows error messages that are displayed when a user does something odd, that windows picks up. Thanks in advance, James Simpson Straightway Technologies http://straightway.no-ip.com You need to setup your own exception filters to trap these. Take a look at the SetUnhandledExceptionFilter() and the SEH exception mechanism. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "James Simpson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047f01c3c85b$ea0f3470$a10128...

OAB
Dear Sir, Can I add a contacts to the "Outlook Address Book"? or Just I can do with the "Contacts" -- Mahmoud Metwally Ali JAICORP Network Administrator Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mobjle No. : (2010) 5195169 There is no need to. The Outlook Address Book is simply a view of your Contacts. Contacts with electronic addresses appear in the Outlook Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mahmoud Metwally" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:%23Cn3HwgsFHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear Sir, > Can I add a contacts to...

Outlook trys to reinstall, then fails with error 1722.
I just booted my Win2K machine for the first time this week. When I try to launch Outlook from my desktop, it shows an "Installing Office XP" dialogue for 20 seconds or so, then fails with error code 1722. I haven't installed anything new for months. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Bill ...

Synchronization Log Error.
I am getting and error synchronizing offline folders with Outlook XP. The link for support is http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80004005-501-50a-550 I followed all the guidlines and still am getting the error. Also this support file applies to Outlook 2000 not XP. Any ideas. ...

Startup Error
For the past few weeks, every time I restart my system I have been getting an error message: "Remote Microsoft" then a bunch of garbled characters like Greek letters. I close the message and everything seems to run normally but there is this nagging worry that there's something wrong. Can anyone give me a hint about what's causing the error? ...

OLE error
I've the same error message, but only on several eMails. The message appears while showing the eMail in the preview pane and then again when doing a doubleclick on it. After pushing the OK button, everything seems to work fine. The eMails are all from the same sender, but not all of them have this problem. All eMails comes with Word attachments. We're using Office XP with Outlook 2002, OS is Windows XP Pro. ...

Debug Error #2
Hi all, Iam getting a debug error message when i close my application. DAMAGE: after Normal block (#234) at 0x00D70040 Does anyone came up to know this problem. It would be very helpfull thanksss tpiran > Iam getting a debug error message when i close my application. > > DAMAGE: after Normal block (#234) at 0x00D70040 > > Does anyone came up to know this problem. > It would be very helpfull > I havent personally seen this. But google does have few relevant hits on it. See this from MSFT: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q235507/ --- Ajay Tpiran wrote: > H...

Windows Media Player Error Message
When I try to play a video downloaded to the desktop, I get the following message: "Windows Media Player encountered unknown error." Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? =?Utf-8?B?VGVjaCBDaGFsbGVuZ2Vk?= <Tech Challenged@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:E71E2FE4-AC07-4520-919A-1B3947A76090@microsoft.com: > When I try to play a video downloaded to the desktop, I get the > following message: "Windows Media Player encountered unknown error." > Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? > That error message usually means t...

Outlook 2007
First, I have googled and searched your forums and still haven't found a working solution for this problem. I have tried alot of the "solutions" out there with no success. So I need your help badly. When I click on a hyperlink in an email message, error General failure. The URL was " ... " , application not found. Every email is the same, clicking on any hyperlink will not open the browser to go to that link. I am using IE8 as my default browser and if I install Firefox and makes it my default browser it works. But. I want to use IE8 as my default browser...

Exchange Connector Wizard error

EXCDO errors
We have just recentlyu noticed a heavy increase in EXCDO calendering errors in the event log. Source: EXCDO Category: General Event ID: 8206 Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x80070005 while saving appointment. I searched the MSKB and only found one document that was close. 310440 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;310440&Product=exch2003 This article does nto seem to pertain to my issue though. I am getting on that one error over and over. I have not heard from any of my users that there is an issue using the calendering via OWA and I have tested...

data execution error
Every time i close a web page it tells me there has been a data execution error.I have tried some of the solutions in the discussion group i.e silverlight and one ot two others. Any ideas,would returning to factory settings help? Hi, Assuming that you're running either IE7 or IE8... Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons. or from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons) If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed. For ...

URGENT Help please: strange DSAccess error
All: I've been getting this error in the error logs for Exchange 2003 SP1: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: LDAP Event ID: 2061 Date: 10/22/2004 Time: 2:12:21 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1704). An LDAP search call failed - Server=DC1 Error code=8004090a. Base DN=<GUID=9004C957-AEF4-4E64-BF0A-33939CCA020D>, Filter=(objectclass=*), Scope=0. What's going on with this error? Make sure you have a Global Catalog nearby, did you change DC1's role ? "Fred Woodbridge" wrote: > Al...

error when I close the MSOutlook
error message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program:C:\Program~1\micros~2\Office\outlook.exe Abnormal program termination Bummer --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, jortegas asked: | error message: | | Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library | | Runtime Error! | Program:C:\Program~1\micros~2\Office\outlook.exe | Abnormal program term...

OAB Synchronization
Hi, I'm trying to troubleshoot the Offline Address Book sync. When I try and do an address book download I'm getting: (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' And the sync log shows: 14:55:24 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 14:55:24 0X8004010F I forgot to rehome the Offline Address Book when I removed the first server from the Exchange site, so I know that was caused it. My concern now is recovering from this error. The OALGen is running properly: --- Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: OAL Generat...

OAB Public Folder
I want to speed up the creation of spesific Offline Address Books. Exchange system manager > First Administrative Groups > Folders > Public Folders > right click and view system folders > Offline address book > "name of OAB" OAB version2 OAB version 3a OAB version 4 Normaly the subfolders( version 2, 3a & 4) is created during maintenance interval of the store(true?) I am looking for a method to trigger the creation of these subfolders(version 2, 3a, &4) for a spesific OAB( "name of OAB) This is a hosting scenario with several companies on the same...

Help with #REF! error on worksheet
Hello, I have created a worksheet template that is saved and used monthly to summarize data exported from another db. The cell references in the template that correlate to the imported data never change nor do the names of the imported worksheets. The problem I have is when I copy my template to the new workbook with the next months data and recalc, I still get ref errors. I have to manually click into each cell / formula to eliminate the err and get the data. Is there a way to have this information updated automatically when I copy my template into the new workbook? Thanks, Greg Y...

synchronization error with outlook
When I sync with my ipaq, I get the following message: "synchronization cannot be completed because microsoft outlook cannot open the contact foler. Close outlook and then start outlook again. Once outlook is running, disconnect your mobile device and reconnect." ...

Getting a general Error when creating a new account...
Hello, I am getting a general error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " When creating an account. I only recieve this error when i put information in the "Account Name" field. I can fill out all information except Account Name. This was all working in previous months, just randomly started doing this. Luckily it is creating an error log on this. Unfortunately I have no clue what it means...The Error log is below. ============= Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event Category: Web Event Event ID: ...

Sql Server installation errors
Hi, Pls. tell me the diffenert errors and there solutions when we install sql server 2005 ,and interview question with solution regarding installation of sql server 2005. I m waiting for your reply. Thanks & Regards Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Visual Studio .NET 2005 - Unit Tests http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/10afa363-2697-401e-b333-d9cb7032fc99/visual-studio-net-2005-.aspx Hi http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49117 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165727(SQL.90).aspx <Rajee...

Writing user friendly error message in Access for specific SQL Server table error
Hello, I have several forms using data stored in SQL Server tables. When a user enters duplicate information, I get the Access error message that says (correctly) "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values...etc.". I would like this message to say "The contact information you entered already exists. Please choose this contact from the contact list and add or modify information as needed." I am not using OnError to do this because if there is another problem that causes an error message to occur, I don...

Error Agent with Windos 2008 SP2
Hi all, we have change the server from Windows 2003 R2 SP2 to Windows 2008 SP2 (Exchange CAS and HUB). The DPM 2007 with SP1 and the last hotfixes works on Windows 2003 R2 SP2. If i would like to install the DPM agent over the DPM 2007 Server on the Windows 2008 Server. We become following error massage: The DPMRA service terminated with service-specific error 110 (0x6E). Data Protection Manager Error ID: 308 The protection agent operation failed because DPM could not communicate with the Protection Agent service on <Servername> Server execution failed (0x80080005) The server...

ANSI OAB and UniCode OAB have different content
Hi There, Is here anybody else who has noticed that the content of the Offline Address Book are different between ANSI and Unicode modes ? Our users have found at least one user who is missing from the OAB based of ANSI. If one is missing, then there could be manyh more. Any ideas how to troubleshoot ? It is E2003 which is generating the OAB currently. regards .-Petri-. On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 07:53:02 -0700, Petri <Petri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > Hi There, > >Is here anybody else who has noticed that the content of the Offline Address >Book are dif...