O2003 - Cannot display grahics (attachments) in reading pane

Finally switched from OE to Outlook 2003 so I can sync with PDA.  Not
impressed at all so far for many reasons

I just send myself an email with .jpg attachements and the only way I
can view them is by opening them up in a separate application.  OE did
this sooo nicely regardless of the format.

TIA,
Frank

Not a feature of Outlook.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head-scratching, MASTERCHIEF asked this group:

| Finally switched from OE to Outlook 2003 so I can sync with PDA.  Not
| impressed at all so far for many reasons
|
| I just send myself an email with .jpg attachements and the only way I
| can view them is by opening them up in a separate application.  OE did
| this sooo nicely regardless of the format.
|
| TIA,
| Frank

0
MillyS (3228)

Error bars not displaying properly
Hi, I have plotted my data in a column graph, and added error bars based on custom values. I know how to edit and format the error bars, but nothing I have changed fixes my problem: The error bars "join up" to give diagonal lines between between my columns. I have NEVER had this issue in previous versions of Excel. If I plot the error bars in pre-2007 excel, they're fine, until I open them in excel-2007. If I remove the error bars, and plot them afresh in excel-2007, I get the same problem. It doesn't happen to every error bar, just some of them, for no apparent ...

Can't open attachment
Hi I have an email that is received as part of a mailing list so it is only sent as a BCC, so no TO or CC address it has two attachments a txt an a doc the txt can be opened and or saved but the DOC gets cannot create check permissions... if its forwarded to someone else they can open it! I can open all other attachments including doc, I have tried saving it to another location etc. Any ideas? thanks I realize this is a strange question but the thought did cross my mind. What happens if you forward it to yourself? "Adrian" wrote: > Hi > I have an email that...

plain text attachment from explorer not working
I am using Outlook 2000 and have the mail format set to send plain text attachments. This worked for Win Me and Win 2000 but with my new Win XP SP2 machine when I send an internet explorer page it sends it as HTML instead of plain text. Any ideas? Since a web page is an HTML page, I'm not sure what the problem is here. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "woo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

'Sent To Mail Recipient as Attachment' Not Working
Config: Windows 2000 Pro Office XP Pro Using 'Sent To Mail Recipient as Attachment' from Word or 'Send Link as Email' from IE are not working. When selecting this option an email will appear with the right attachment. Clicking on the 'Send' button, eventhough it is an active button, produces no results. The email will remain on screen as if 'Send' had never been pressed. Looking in 'Sent Items' verified that the email did not send. There is a workaround to this although annoying. First, save the email. Close out of it. Reopen the email and then ...

Displaying from: in new email messages
I am running Outlook 2000 on my laptop, with new emails creating using Microsoft Word. I have a default address that I often send email from, but sometimes I specifically want to change the sent from address and use a different account. That I know how to do, by changing it in the message under options, but I often forget to do that. Is there a way of displaying the account I am sending the message from while creating the email? Or, can the default account to be used be specified for each contact, rather that globally for all contacts? ...

Unable to open mail attachment in Outlook 2007
I am unable to open the attachments in my emails. I am using Outlook 2007 When I try to preview I get the following error message: __________________________________________________________________ This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following previewer: Microsoft Office Outlook message and item previewer To open this file in its own program, double-click it. _________________________________________________________ When I double-click nothing happens. Can anyone help? Thank you > I am unable to open the attachments in my emails. I am using Outlook 2007...

Tying to write OPOS SO for Line Display
Hi, I am a newbie in OPOS. I am trying to write an OPOS SO to an app which uses OPOS 1.6 and it uses an OPOS CO. The "line display" is in fact a TFT display, and SO talks with it through a socket. Socket interface functions OK, the CO - SO is a pain. We can not use POS for .NET due to app. Can you direct me to a sample code of an SO ? At the moment When trying to use it through the MonroeCS CO control (OPOSLineDisplay.ocx, version OposCCOs-1_11_001), Open gives code 104 (=OPOS_E_NOSERVICE), and get_OpenResult() gives code 305 (=OPOS_OR_BADIF). What these return codes really mea...

Is it possible to read directly bytes from within my application?
Hello, I came across the following problem. After compiling my app into executable I want to insert into it some data (few bytes), probably at the end of the file. How can I programmatically read those bytes from within the same code? Your help appreciated, Claire On 21/05/2010 03:45, Claire wrote: > Hello, > I came across the following problem. > After compiling my app into executable I want to insert into it some data > (few bytes), probably at the end of the file. > How can I programmatically read those bytes from within the same co...

email attachments do not show on printed document
I want the attachments to show when I print out an email. I would like them to show just as text; however, icons would be an acceptable alternate. Thank you. ...

Display "No details" if subreport has no records
I've got a report that has group headings which may or may not have detail information (in a subreport). I've got the subreport Can Shrink set to True, but would like to display something like "No details" in a textbox where the subreport should be, if the there are no records in the sub. Any recommendations on how to do this? ---- Dale Dale, Try this... Put a label, lblNoDetails, with a caption of "No Details" behind your subreport. In the On_Format section place the below code changing the name to your subreport. If Me.YourSubRepo...

Autocomplete displays SSN
We have for some time used the end-user's SSN as the directory when setting them up as it 1) is unique and 2) was not visible to other end-users. As we have installed Office 2002 and 2003, we are finding that the autocomplete feature of these products pulls the directory name down and it becomes visible to end users. We, obviously, cannot have this happening. Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening short of removing and recreating accounts throughout my organization? "Kendal W. Carlson" <carlsonk@drhsi.org> wrote in news:eedg8A3sDHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gb...

The page cannot be displayed
hi, i've recently installed CRM 3.0 but could not view it on my desktop via IE (the page cannot be displayed). but if i try to browse it on the server using IIS (right click the website and 'browse'), it works fine. i tried disabling the pop-up blocker on my PC but still the same error. any suggestions? thanks. bob What URL are you using to try to browse CRM? You said you can browse via IIS, so I take it that you can't browse it using IE even on your server. This likely means that you have to set up DNS entries and headers in your CRM website so that you can get to ...

Combo box to display something else if field is blank
Hi I have a combo box in my form which uses the following query: SELECT [CustomerID], [FirstName] & " " & [LastName] FROM Customers ORDER BY [FirstName] & " " & [LastName] However, if the both the firstname and lastname are blank in the Customer Table I need it to show the BillingAddress instead. Is this possible? My line of thinking is something like this: SELECT [CustomerID], [FirstName] & " " & [LastName] FROM Customers ORDER BY [FirstName] & " " & [LastName]; IFBLANK SELECT [CustomerID], [BillingA...

display/not display numbers to right of decimal
I have a formula in a cell producing results: e.g. - 40.00 e.g. - 40.25 If the result is an integer, I want it displayed as "40", not "40.00". Hence, I would like to display: 40 40.25 Is there an easy way to do this, either through formatting the cell, o a formula tweak? Thanks. - ji -- James ----------------------------------------------------------------------- James C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47598 Try formatting your cells as General. ...

blocking of email messages with attachments of .exe and .com exten
Hi all. I would like to know if it is possible to block email messages with attachments having .exe and .com extensions using exchange 2000. Can it be set via the exchange 2000 interface? Thanks in advance Hi This can be done with most anti-virus solutions designed for Exchange, you can find more info about them here: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/e2ksolutions.asp Exchange does not have the ability to block emails based on attachment types. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "inenew...

Chart displaying weeks
Hi, I have a chart that shows the weeks of year 2005. As you know, the year 2005 starts with weeknumber 53. How to edit the chart, so that it starts with 53 first and then 1,2, and so on, instead of start with 1? Any help is apprecciated! //Thoma -- Jonsso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonsson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=547 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26877 I'm not sure this is possible if you've specified that "time scale" for the X axi...

How to display symbols
How do I get symbols like copyright and trademark symbols to display in a dialog box? Thanks in advance. I typically use the CharMap program that is in the Accessories for windows then cut and past the character into my dialog text. Alternatively (and I mean the pun) you could figure out the Alt key sequence and type it in, but the cut and paste is better for people with memories like mine :) Tom "Matthew Ireland" <mireland@optidoc.com> wrote in message news:uHTfNKjRDHA.2332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I get symbols like copyright and trademark symbols to displa...

Refreshing the displayed rows
How do I get excel to refresh the displayed rows when a filter is applied? Example Col1 Col2 1 2 2 2 3 2 4 2 If I create a filter that say show COL1 > 2 it should show me 3 and 4 If I replace 3 with 0 It then shows me 0 and 4 But I would like to "refresh" so it only shows me 4 How can I do this? Thanks Bruce The following code can be pasted onto the worksheet module (right-click the sheet tab, choose View Code, paste where the cursor is flashing) It will filter column 1, using the existing filter criteria. '======================= Private Sub Worksheet...

Is it possible to get mail from my boss displayed in a colour ?
If you are using MS-Outlook you can organise you inbox and use colour messages. This is how it is done :- Go to Tools / Organise, Select using colors. Click on an email that you have received from your boss, select Color messages from..... and the color and click apply. From now on all you boss's email will be in the color you have choosen for him. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

Display cell value
can anyone help me out with the option to set the cell value as below EG;- 450.00 252.12 500.00 these are the values with decimal points 450.00 but in the formula bar i.e at fx it will be displayed as 450 without any decimal point. i want some option wherein the value in the cell and the formula bar to display as 450.00 only Begin the value with an apostrophe (single quote) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "User" wrote: > can anyone help me out with the option to set the cell value as below > EG;- 450.00 > 252.12 > ...

Displaying data from a lead in the oppurunities view
Is there a way in CRM to display a field that is in the my open leads view in the my open oppurtunities view. Basically what I have done is create a new attribute type in the lead called product. This is a picklist with all the different products we offer. I modified the columns in the my open leads view to show this without a problem. When the lead becomes an oppurtunity there is no way to tell the product they are interested in. I want to be able to display the data entered into my LEADS page on my OPPURTUNITIES view. This should be possible right? There is no way to view a field...

FD_ISSET not returning the read fdset when socket breaks in WinCE application
Hi, I have an voip application that uses winsock2. In PC when i do FD_ISSET for readFds , it returns the read fdset when the socket connection fails(network cable unplugged) and hence when i try to do a read operation on the returned set, i get an error.Thus enabling me to detect the socket failure in PC. However the same application when run in WinCE device, using the same Winsock2, does not behave the way mentioned above. I am unable to detect the socket failure in the WinCE device. Why is it that the same winsock api behave differently in PC and WinCE based device though the winsock2 ...

O2003
I have 2 rules that checks the destination address and moves it to another folder. When I turn on these rules, it's just like if the rule is applied but the spam filter won't check it after. With the rule on, every spam sent to the email address will reach the folder, and with the rule off, the spam filter will catch it and put it in the Junk E-Mail folder. How can we tell Outlook to check for spam and forget rules if the email is considered as a spam message? ...

Display Version #2
Thanks Icestationzbra, is thier any way displaying if it's Excel 2000 Excel 2002 etc. -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26394 you could do that, but not in these two ways mentioned below. you woul probably have to use LOOKUP from a database where you have all th version numbers and corresponding office versions stored -- icestationzbr --------------------------------------------------...

Getting attachments top show up on a print
Anyone out there know off hand how to get attachments to show up in a print when I print out an Email from Microsoft Outlook 2002? ...