notify you if you get an e-mail?

Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you
get an e-mail when its closed?

Fixed it

0
none
10/14/2003 7:54:56 PM
what did you do?

0
jfb

how can i get calendar wizard in excel worksheet
i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing it my self Hi see: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/calarray.exe -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "samuel" <samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BDB21156-C0C1-4E27-8C39-17CB38F26064@microsoft.com... > i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing > it my self ...

email not getting through
Strange problem, but 1 email will not be sent, the queue just shows the email as retrying, but we can receive email fine from the this sender, we are running ORF, but this should not stop emails going out, only coming in. The email address belongs to our chairman lol, so I really need to fix this, I can send mail to it fine using my own personal mail servers, but the exchange server will not, all other mail gets sent fine, and DNS is working perfect. Exchange 2003 all service packs, and load balancing 2 x 2mb DSL lines. Any help would be appreciated Ronny "Ronny" <ad...

Is there a fix for incorrect duplex printing of mail-merge postca.
Printing mail-merge postcards on a DUPLEX printer is not correct. We print monthly invitations. In P'03, the front of a postcard to each recipient prints on the opposite side of the same card as the message. It does not in P'07. (The front AND back of the card print on the first side [with the front and back of the next addressee]. The following 2 addressees appear on the back. This will work correctly only IF, there is no personal note to the addressee on the back of the card AND the number of addressees is divisible by 4. We have to keep 2 computers in my office unconve...

How to Get the ByteLength from CString when it is Unicode
void classA::A(const CString &strMsg) { pLocal = new ClassB (PBYTE(LPCTSTR(strMsg)), strMsg.GetLength()); } Just i case if strMsg is as below CString strMsg = _T("HaiThere"); int nLen = strMsg.GetLength(); //This returns 8 When strMsg is unicode actually the Byte length is 16. But GetLenght() returns 8. Inside ClassB i am just getting the length from the constructor and retrieving only that about of password.. For example only "H_a_i_T_" of the Msg can be used So how do we get the whole Byte Length.. There is no method in CString class to get the byte length...

Notify
Hi, my pc is running winxp & outlook 2003. Recently notify sound has no effect (no sound when mail received) even I enable this feature. Of course the speaker is on since other sound effect is alright. Furthermore the little notify envelope is only shown inside the hidden tool bar (at right bottom corner). So I do not know if I have new e-mail until open the inbox or expand the hidden tool bar. Thank you for assistance. Does the sound play from Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices? For the envelope; set the Notification Area options to always show that icon. For more info...

Notify me of replies
I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies" option in the upper right hand corner of the thread detail window, but I keep getting a "Notification failed. Please try later." message. Has anyone used this succesfully? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Hmm..despite getting the message, I received notification of a reply this morning - so I guess it works?! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Bud" wrote: > I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies&q...

How do I get the PDF icons in Outlook?
I upgraded to Outlook 2007 last week and also downloaded Acrobat Standard 7.0, and three PDF icons appeared in my toolbar. A day later, they were gone. Can anyone tell me what to do to get them back? Outlook probably disabled the acrobat addin - look in tools, trust center, addins for disabled addins. I'm not sure if Acrobat 7's addin works with Outlook 2007, so even if you enable it, it might get disabled again. -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outloo...

Posts Not Getting Any Responses
I have posted a number of requests out of my 4 only one got a response which said they had the same problem. Is it because the request is so stupid, or no one has an answer. Thanks. Hi, This is the microsoft.public.project.server group. Did you post directly to it or to a site that mirrors this group? If so, try: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.project.server&lang=en&cr=US If you did post directly, then what tool did you use and is your question relevant to the group you chose? usually questions only get left if they a...

Getting Error: Word cannot print. There is no printer installed
NOTE: This automation problem is not happening when used with server 2003. Operating System: Windows Server 2008 64 bit. Printer: Any normal printer We have a windows service that takes document from a local folder and performs automated printing from background to a specified printer. This has been working perfectly in our Windows 2003 environment. We just switched to Windows 2008 environment and we are getting "Word cannot Print. There is no printer installed." I have gone through following articles: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223418 http://www.tek-...

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

E-mail from Excel
I want to use Excel to email forms. However I want to stop the users altering certain details like the To: address and the subject etc. Is it possible either in Excel or VBA and if so how? Thanks in advance. Dean Take a look at this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm If you are still struggling, post back with specific questions. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Dean" wrote: > I want to use Excel to email forms. However I want to stop the users > altering certain details l...

How to get filename of Notepad?
Hello I need to find out some locale specific informations. First I have this question: In my program I need to know the name of Notepad (normally "notepad.exe", but including the path). The problem is that this name is changing for various localized Windows versions. In a german Windows afaik this file is called "editor.exe". Do I have to check the language of the operating system and include a list in my program for every language? If yes, where do I get all the names from? Do I really have to install a spanish, a chinese Windows, etc. just to find out this list? ...

POP mail Inbox in Outlook 2007
I recently installed Outlook 2007 (on an XP Pro SP2 box) and imported all my mail from Outlook Express. This worked fine. I'm used to using Outlook with Exchange Server at work which has a Mailbox containing Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Junk Mail, etc at the top with lots of Personal folders underneath; but at home I'm using POP/SMTP mail and all the folders are grouped together. With the way the mail folders are set up now, the Inbox is halfway down the (alphabetically-sorted) list instead of at the top of the list the way it used to be in Outlook Express. Can I detach the...

Internet Connection gets disconnected after update and other issues
After 4 years uninterrupted good service with Money 2000, I am finding a number of issues with Money 2004. (1) When I download stock prices in Money 2004 it automatically disconnects me from the Internet after the call is completed. It is annoying, it happens even if the Internet connection is not orininated by Money 2004. (2) The stock prices I download are NOT up-to-date anymore. (3) Under File menu, "Register" is not avaialabale for software registration, it is dimmed. I expected the software to get better with newer version, but seem to be going backwards here. Will ...

Notify twice
Hi, I use SHCNE_CREATE | SHCNE_MKDIR with a particular folder to be notify if a file or a foler is created in it. It works well for a new folder but for a new file, Explorer notifies me twice. For each notification LPARAM is SHCNE_CREATE. WPARAM is the pidl corresponding to the new file created. To make it works well, I have to use a BOOL and check if I already treated that notification! Thanks! -- Normand Hi Normand, I have build a sample program and tested it on my side, is works as expected in my Windows 2000 system--notify once per new file: if( (m_hNotify = SHChangeNotif...

How To Have E-Mail Address Displayed on Inbox Page (O2003)
I haven't been able to figure out how to have the "real" e-mail address for people sending mail displayed on the Inbox summary page. I see "E-Mail Account" in the Field Chooser, but nothing else close. I want to be able to see the full e-mail address for the person sending the message, without having to open the message, as I'm getting a lot of mail sent to me, spoofed with my own address. Thanks for any help you can provide. PS - this is for Outlook 2003. No way to do this natively. You'd have to use code. Sue Mosher has kindly provided some: http://...

How to get the graph
How can I get the graph after I just input the function, such a y=x^3+x^2+2. just like the graphic caculator. Thanks. Wil -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26876 Hi see: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html "slamm" wrote: > > How can I get the graph after I just input the function, such as > y=x^3+x^2+2. just like the graphic caculator....

Lost contact info, how do I get it back?
I lost my contact information, in an Excel spreadsheet that is being used for a mail merge program. How do I get that information back? I am using Excel 2003. All of the rest of the information is intact, such as company names, phone numbers, and addresses. But I would like to get the personal names back for contact. Is this possible? Depends upon how lost it is. Is it just out of sight(hidden column) or did you delete it? If deleted and file saved, you are out of luck. Tell us how it got lost. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:38:11 -0700, TRReno <TRReno @discuss...

Recipients do not get attachments
When a message is sent to any address, they do not receive the attachment. The attachments are usually office documents. We are using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5. We also have a surf control server for spam filtering. Attachments are not able to be sent randomly. Some of them actually do make it. You didn't say, but I assume you're all on the same LAN? Are some people using (a different version of) Word as their email editor? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destin...

getting multiple filenames
Hello, Is there a way to get the filenames for multiple files in an open dialog box? I know this works for only choosing one file and then it returns the path to that filename.. but I want to be able to choose multiple files: FileToOpen = Application.GetOpenFilename(Title:="Open file to process", FileFilter:="Excel Files *.xls (*.xls),") I want something like: FilesToOpen = Application.GetOpenFilenames(Title:="Open files to process", FileFilter:="Excel Files *.xls (*.xls),") Thank you sorry.. wrong forum... but I found my answer.. MultiSelect:...

Microsoft Maintenance: Let me get this straight
Let's say I have 30 store locations, each with one lane, and a 30 store HQ license. I am on RMS 1.3. - If I want to get a Store Operation hotfix, i just need one store location on a maintenance plan, and I could apply the hotfix to all locations. - If I want to have access to CustomerSource, all I need is one store location on an active support plan. - If I want an HQ hotfix, I need active maintenance on my HQ/30 store. - If I want the 2.0 upgrade, I need an active maintenance plan on all locations and HQ, return 31 dongles, and get 31 activation codes. I believe this is correct, rig...

Excel Get Data
Dear all I am connecting from excel to an ODBC server and pulling off a Date field which is kept in an Integer format. Now I'm pulling this into Excel but only want to pull the unique records i.e not the same date integer twice which has been occuring. Does anyone know how to use the Microsoft Query application in Get Data of Excel to only pull unique records? Many Thanks -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Dear Adam One thing you could try is to open your query in MS Query, and pull the field that has the date data to the far left hand side (ie it becomes the first field...

Problem with outbound e-mails after installing SP2 #2
We reached our information store limit (16gb) so we upgraded to SP2. Since then, we've been having a good percentage of e-mails bounce back. We've received the "Undeliverable" e-mails stating "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. SPAM" or that the e-mail recipient doesn't exist even though we had just replied to an e-mail he had sent us. Also, we've been getting e-mails sent back to us because the recipients have been listed on spamhus.org, and included is a link such as this one... http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=207.47.114.226 We wer...

e-mail link not working
I linked the email address on a newsletter I was working on and saved the *.pub file as a pdf. When I opened the pdf file, the email link did not work. Neither does it work in the *.pub file. How can I make it work in both instances.. I thought I followed the procedure properly. Help. Thanks, Rose After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from roseo-125@hotmail.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I linked the email address on a newsletter I was working > on and saved the *.pub file as a pdf. When I opened the > pdf file, the e...

Mail forwarding
I have noticed that some of my users have setup rules to forward email to another email account. As of now that is not working. I am wondering if it is as simple as checking the box inside of Global Settings\Internet Message Formats\Default(right Click)\Properties\Advanced Tab… And checking… Allow automatic forward Currently, I have created contacts, and inside of System Manager, setup the mail to be forwarded to the contact, but that is waayyy too much overhead…… Any thoughts…. Correct. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "BookerW" <BookerW...