notify you if you get an e-mail?

Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you
get an e-mail when its closed?

Fixed it

0
none
10/14/2003 7:54:56 PM
what did you do?

0
jfb

Can the retail management software be used to help build an e-com.
I am about to open a retail store and also want to set up a web site. Is there the capability of integrating info from the retail files into the website? New West technology has a great package "down in new orleans" <down in new orleans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97A30580-A242-43DB-89FF-EF44FE70A7A1@microsoft.com... >I am about to open a retail store and also want to set up a web site. Is > there the capability of integrating info from the retail files into the > website? www.nitroasl.com "down in new orleans" <down in new...

Windows Live Mail Contacts issue
I am trying to organize and manage 4000+ contacts for my small business. I recently switched from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail (Windows 7 OS). I am basically trying to ensure that every address in our address book is categorized. What I want to be able to do is look at an individual contact and see what categories they are listed under. Is this not possible in WLM? It was in OE (I would click on the contact, then on the "Other" tab and the groups that contact belonged to were listed under "Group Membership"). Thanks! No, that can't be done in...

Mail Merge with Word and Outlook 2000
One of my Outlook categories is "Christmas Cards". I mail merge the contacts in that category to Word in the following way: Mailing Name Company Mailing Address Because I do not want the address to start at the very left hand side of the label, I place these nearer to the middle at the set-up section. When the contacts are merged, only the name, company and first line of the mailing address are where I want them to be. The remainder of the mailing address is at the extreme left hand side. I tried correcting this by setting different margins in page setup but that did not work s...

OL2003 & Inbox w/ MSN Mail
Currently my OL2003 Inbox doesn't retrieve any email at all. When I attempted to associate an email service with the Inbox (my MSN mail), it created an entirely new set of personal folders (this group was called MSN), with a separate MSN Inbox, which DOES collect email. The problem is that several pieces of software, including ActiveSync, look ONLY to the original Inbox under Personal Folders. How can I get the "original" Inbox to collect mail again? Thanks, Brian ...

How can I undo text scaling in New mail window
I am using Outlook 2003, and when I try to compose a new mail the text that is displayed is HUGE. I want it as it used to be where the text is about size 10, unaffected by whether my mail-window is large or not. I have tried changing it to web layout, and this seems to do the trick, but that only works for one mail, and when I create a new one I have to do it all over again. There must be a way around this? Can anyone help? Stian ...

Remote users cannot send e-mail through Outlook
I have a few users who do not work in our office. They have Outlook installed on their home computers and then dial up to the internet and do a send/receive. I have Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k server and the users are configured to allow for SMTP/POP3. All was working fine until earlier this week when they informed me that they could no longer "send" mail. They get the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If this problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider". The users can still receive mail ...

Restore e-mails from Outlook 2007 to .Me / Mail
Mac user in peace. I run Apple's Mail which syncs via .Me (formerly .Mac) with my iPhone. I use Parallels to create a virtual machine on which runs Windows XP. I have a ..pst file originaly created by Outlook 2003 wihch I want to open (I own a copy of Outlook XP which being a previous version, will not open the pst). I have downloaded a 60-day trial of Office Small Business 2007 to open the pst. On set up I created an e-mail account by using my existing .Me account. Outlook 2007 has successfully opend up my old PST file, however on first send/receive it has not just opend my ....

Problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...

verify contact mailing address
Hello, Until recently whenever I eneter a mailing address in a contact outlook 2007 would throw up a small dialog asking me to verify the structure of the address. This was very usefull as we often do searches by post (zip) code or county (state) etc. This seems to have stopped! Is there any way I can turn it back on? Did that make sense? Stuart 1. Open any new or existing contact. 2. Click the button for the Home, Business or Other address. 3. Check the box for "Show this again when address is incomplete or unclear." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author o...

Outlook 2000 errors when receiving incoming mail
I have all the upgrades to SP3. My Outlook keeps reporting an error messgage and exits to the main window. This happens when incoming mail arrives. Any "understandable" fixes... You might check for a virus, then run scanpst.exe on you pst file. I this fails then run detect and repair under help. This is what I would try first, then reinstall last. Just some ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

"Windows Mail can compact the message store"
From past threads, I understand it is advisable to click "ok" when this message pops up. My follow-up question is this: What happens to my emails when the message store is compacted? Will my emails be lost permanently? Thanks. It should not affect your emails at all. Nevertheless, it is always wise to have a backup of your important = emails. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7C3B694D-60C8-40AA-B554-6ADE39A426...

Total number of sent/received mails through exchange server in one day
Hi! How can I see a total number of sent/received mails through exchange server in one day? Where can I generate a report? Tnx! Use message Tracking logs or 3rd party products, that can analyze them. Melia, Promodag and http://wm.quest.com/products/messagestats/ might be used. HrVOjE wrote: > Hi! > > How can I see a total number of sent/received mails through exchange > server in one day? Where can I generate a report? Tnx! ...

Outlook can't connect to outgoing mail sevrer
Hello all, For some reason Outlook 2002 on my PC running XP Home (no Exchange server) can't connect anymore to the outgoing mail server that I've been using for years. All of a sudden last week I was not able to send email from any accounts using this outgoing mail server (SMTP). I can still receive all mail sent to those accounts, but Outlook can't connect to the outgoing mail server in order to send mail. If I try to send mail form these accounts, the message just sits in my Outbox and NEVER actually sends. This is what I've tried/tested so far: 1.) I've tried to delete...

Still get limit warnings after change
I have been working with my E2K3 server to enable more convienient use of the Mail message warning limit. I installed the Quota message service which works very well but when i change a users limits and/or the limits set in the ESM console (mailbox store properties) i am still getting a warning for a user who is now within limits. Is there a lag time? can i manually update something? so the user doesn't receive limit warnings anymore?? Quota changes can take up to two hours to take effect. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" &q...

How do I get rid of/refresh the browsed pages links in the hyperli
It's driving me nuts just to find one link. Ig I could clear it up once in a while that would be cool. thanks for the help. :) In Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "adumbledore" <adumbledore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04FCEF52-5F12-43CB-B0D1-B093AEA91A23@microsoft.com... > It's driving me nuts just to find one link. Ig I could clear it up once in a > while that would be cool. thanks for the help. :) ...

Constant mail retreival
Outlook keep retreiving messages even when the program has been terminated....makes it impossible to retreive mail remotely. A reboot solves the problem for a day or two them it starts again. I'm having the same problem on a win98se machine and a win xp pro machine ...both are outlook 2000. Any suggestions??? Something is preventing your Outlook from closing properly. Most likely it is caused by an add-in like a virusscanne, spamfilter, WinFAX or synchronisation software. Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto...

Windows Live mail/apple phone
If I delete a message off my phone it is deleted off of windows live mail also. How do I stop this? What type of mail account, POP, IMAP, HTTP? Who is the mail service provider? For a POP account, that's strictly up to the settings in your phone, which we don't have information for.. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Duane" wrote in message news:81D27294-996E-4449-93B1-9417D89BBC22@microsoft.com... If I delete a message off my phone it is deleted off of windows live mail also. How do I stop this? Configure the account on the iPhone to Leave the...

E-mail from Bank One I received today
Below is an e-mail that Bank One (ie FirstUSA) e-mailed me today when I questioned what would happen to MS Money direct downloads as they merged their website with Chase (which DOES NOT direct download). Anyone who values these direct downloads, might want to contact them and let them know how valuable this service is to their customers. Their new Chase website is up and running. It looks great, but it doesn't direct download into Money. Lori, As your credit card company, we value your business. It is important to us that we provide you with timely information regarding your accou...

Outlook 2003: Mail "Favorite Folders" changes lost after quitting / restarting
I'm using Office Outlook 2003 on Win XP. Can somebody please help me fix this problem? A few days back I realized I could customize the Favorite Folders area on the Mail navigation pane. So I removed a couple folders and added a couple, it life was good for a few days -- Outlook remembered my changes from session to session. Starting yesterday, however, Outlook forgot my changes and has reverted back to its original list of Favorite Folders. Also now, when I add / delete Favorite Folders, it remembers them only until I quit Outlook. When I restart it after quitting, the Fav...

Mail w PDF attachments are not delivered to inbox, message tracking center says they are. HELP
This is a very odd problem. We have some users who do not receive messages from a specific source that have PDF attachments. No message in inbox or anywhere at all, the sender does not get a NDR. And get this, message tracking center reports the message as having been delivered. I have after verifying that the message is reported as delivered through message tracking performed an advanced search of the user's mailbox starting at the root. I have also checked rules etc. We have about 25 users who exhibit this behavior. These messages deliver fine to other users boxes (including mine) ...

E-mail Probleme
Ichhabe ein neues notebook mit Vista und will ein email konto einrichten. Der Empfang fuktioniert einwandfrei aber ich kann nicht senden. Es kommt die Meldung SMTP Server nicht korrekt. Trotz mehrfacher Kontoeinrichtung bekomme ich kein korrektes Ergebnis. Was tun ?. Ich bin kein IT Fachmann und ben�tige detaillierte Anleitung. [Forwarded to microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges newsgroup via crosspost] Heidi Neumann wrote: > Ichhabe ein neues notebook mit Vista und will ein email konto einrichten. > Der Empfang fuktioniert einwandfrei aber ich kann nicht senden...

Unreadable Outlook 2007 incoming e-mails
Why do I received e-mails that look like the following. And what can I do to clean them up/actually read them? Thanks in advance. <http://Email1.paypal.com/1x1.dyn?1FkA0Nv5CM1Rmh4DyOpxA-gNJ=0> <https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/images/marketing_us/pp_merc h_news_blank.gif> <https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/images/marketing_us/pp_merc h_news_blank.gif> <https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/images/marketing_us/pp_merc h_news_blank.gif> March 2009 PayPal <http://Email1.paypal.com/u.d?J4Gtv5F3WVSrGX8nydh=1> the briefin...

Certain e-mails get bounced back to me with the following error.
Please help, Certain contacts I could send to recently now come back undelivered with the following error message. I have looked into the knowledge base and nothing matches. 553 Sorry, that domain isn't allowed (#5.7.1) Thank you in advance for any assistance. Lance You may need to authenticate to your outgoing server, which can be set up on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Lance Stevens" <lance_of_denver@yahoo.com> wr...

In Windows Live Mail
While using this program for email messages, I get the copyright symbol instead of the parenthetical (c) which I intend. How do I change this so I don't have to enter the information from right to left, which appears to be the solution? -- KCW "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B8B51E7-24B7-4CB8-A851-D87BCF5A5676@microsoft.com... > While using this program for email messages, I get the copyright symbol instead of the parenthetical (c) which I intend. How do I change this so I don't have to enter the information from right t...

new mail goes straight to trash
When I receive new mail it goes straight to the trash folder skipping the inbox. Trash meaning the Junk folder or Deleted Items? Either way, only message rules or blocked senders can do this, (unless it's a third party spam program folder). Check blocked senders. You probably blocked your own address. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "phil7578" <phil7578@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE617CF6-B7B4-4B71-B728-5EB33740249A@microsoft.com... > When I receive new mail it goes straight to the tr...